Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7429 (resized).JPG
Capture_(resized).PNG
Capture_(resized).PNG
IMG_20160630_185408553_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Fezzik_Creature_(resized).JPG

There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 7 years ago

According to the OP's profile page he was last seen on Pinside on 8/22. That said I imagine he had popped in here to check out this thread or at least read PMs? Without making assumptions it seems that there could be an improvement on communication as the prepaid price warrants this in my opinion.

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Are you seriously making up an excuse for someone who has taken money from people for this, and not bothered to post here any updates for over a month?

Not making excuses. I know how Europe works. Spent all my summers there in August when everything was shut down.

#203 7 years ago

Not to mention French labor unions, the concept of "siestas" in Spain, shit never getting done in Italy anyway even in the best of circumstances... And that's during the normal parts of the year.

Reminds me of the whole: "In heaven the police are British, the mechanics are German, the chefs are French, the lovers are Italian, and everything is organized by the Swiss.

In hell the police are German, the mechanics are French, the chefs are British, the lovers are Swiss, and everything is organized by the Italians."

#204 7 years ago

Wow...I just don't get it..If I am going to create a product, I do, and then I market it... Here, people say they might make a product, people trip over themselves to preorder, and then fret over missed deadlines due to lazy producers. Communication is very easy, yet some choose not to.

#205 7 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Not making excuses. I know how Europe works. Spent all my summers there in August when everything was shut down.

Including the internet I guess...

#206 7 years ago

Out of curiosity what would happen if after testing this mod never makes it to market? Does everyone that paid in full lose their money or does that get refunded? I know the OP had mentioned that the paid in full pre-order money was being used to finance the build and development of the software/video for the mod but if it ultimately never gets completed where do those pre-order funds go?

I'm excited about this being completed and appreciate the effort but to be honest I'm starting to feel like there are some major red flags (warnings) about this now. I'm noticing the OP is checking into Pinside daily but has not bothered to post in his thread in which multiple people have been following and paid a good amount of money in good faith for this mod. At the very least, you (the OP) could post "On vacation...be back in 30 days" so that everyone here feels a little better. I'm not sure how Europe works when it comes to vacations but I'm pretty certain that some common sense would suggest that you check in with your buyers on the thread that you created on the website that you are checking every single day.

Website says "AVAILABLE NOW!!! SHIPPING TIME 16-17 WORK DAYS". Is that accurate or do those days start AFTER you get back from vacation which are obviously "non-work days"?

No offense intended at all here but I hope that everyone can understand where I am coming from on this? If you are out there rapplebox would you mind posting and updating after you read this? Thanks in advance.

#207 7 years ago

Hello folks.

At very first: I understand all your concerns and doubts.

The mod has to be delayed for personal reasons! Those will be explained later.
1. No money is lost. For those who preordered, i will fully refund if you wish, no excuse, waiting or something else.
All, who already paid will be informed separately via mail.

I'm NOT gambling with your money, on holidays or else. Everything is still in my account.

2. The Mod is not dead but delayed around 2 months.
The above mentioned delay of 2 months is mostly because of a slow down in my personal living. I cannot concentrate several hours at a time anymore. To prevent ALL my projects and products from being faulty, I had to make that decision.

3. It's still being developed!
That means in detail that whenever it's possible I work on it. Until my other big project (Sega 192x64 Display) is not in production state from manufacturer everything is going slow.
Actual state is that the firmware is being programmed with the mentioned features.
It is still under construction, but will be capable of beeing transferred to other pinball machines.

Why is everything so slow?
To explain: I quit my job last year because of mobbing and massive depression caused by that. Medicine and doctors helped making a good start from there, but unfortunately there are sometimes flashbacks I cannot bypass.
These moments make it very hard and I must admit that I was and am still working on too many different things.
I cannot fullfill the given time schedule I made myself and that makes it even worse!

So, if you feel you need to bash, ok, I asume I deserve it.

I had not announced this mod if I weren't sure it could be done again!
And I still believe in it.

Best regards,
Dom

#208 7 years ago

Sorry about the mobbing. Same shit goes on here in the USA at work and school and hardly anything gets done about it even though "everyone talks the talk". I hope you pull this mod off but I assume a lot of people will want their money back.

#209 7 years ago

Very honest! Good luck with you. As people need to understand, all thsi work with many of the pinsiders is just things beside their normal jobs and lives. So there are no businesess, no guarantees, no deadlines etc. If a person likes another persons work and is willing to pay for that, that's ok, but do not expect a full business customer service support. There is just an agreement between two persons.
So Dom keep up the good work, make it work and when you are finished show it to the community and sell/replecate it if you want to.
And again you see honesty and communication is key!

#210 7 years ago

Hi, just registered here on pinside.com to get this mod. RappelBox, let´s us know when you are ready. Greetings from Buenos Aires.

1 week later
#211 7 years ago

Hi Everybody!

Just to say, that I ask Dom, to give my money back, and I will may ordered when he will be ready, and I have my money now!
Thank's Dom.

#212 7 years ago

Well I have sent him a few emails and also pm'd for a refund and cannot get a reply so have now gone the dispute process through PayPal. All it takes is a little communication but that seems too hard for some people. I did not receive any email as the last update says.
I will ask here again, can I have a refund please.

#213 7 years ago

Bet that creature Mike D mod I sold for 900 last month could've been worth more to the right person.

#215 7 years ago

Perhaps, but I finally gave up after trying to order this mod over a year (or more) ago. Just one delay after another. Seems like a nice guy, I think he was having trouble sourcing the parts he needed.

#216 7 years ago

I refunded all open cases for now.
Like I said, it's not dead but delayed.

And sorry again for bad communication.

Greetings,
Dom

3 weeks later
#217 7 years ago

Please issue me a refund and reply to this post.

Thanks

#218 7 years ago

wow, again...never gets old.....sad, but true............

#219 7 years ago

Still protected with Paypal and credit card, but hope I don't have to go that route.

#220 7 years ago

Awwwwwww I was really looking forward to this and was watching Clay on the pinball ninja site play around customising the video. I was gonna put a video in there of my 4 year old and was excitedly looking forward to seeing his little face light up when he saw himself in daddy's ping ball machine

IMG_7429 (resized).JPGIMG_7429 (resized).JPG

#221 7 years ago

Quoted from MikeD (original maker of this mod) 10 hours ago in his thread...

"Over the past 6 months I’ve received numerous requests to bring this MOD back. Therefore, we’ll be rerunning a new and improved version of the CFTBL MOD in 2017. With that said, this will be the LAST production run. Please don’t email me about a waiting list. Once they’re ready I’ll post an announcement.
Regards,
Mike"

Still hope for those looking for one.

6 months later
#222 6 years ago

Hi,any news about this theme?

#223 6 years ago

I will make no more announcements until it's finished, but YES I'm still working on it!

Had some changes to do but wait what will come...

7 months later
#224 6 years ago

I heard a rumour these are being remade? Please put me down for one to London UK if so. Thanks in advance and in hope.

3 months later
#226 6 years ago

There has been very little communication on this version of a CFTBL hologram mod.

The CFTBL hologram mod from the URL below is the one that looks like it will make it to the finish line.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development

Latest status on this other CFTBL hologram mod.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/11#post-4247294

Note, they are two separate mods produced by two separate entities.

Gord

#227 6 years ago

Coming...
Don’t buy other solutions before tpf

#228 6 years ago

I don't think the other one will be ready before then, anyway. No video has been posted as to how either mod will work as of yet.

2 weeks later
#229 6 years ago

TPF has concluded. Was there a release or update on the mod we should've seen?

#230 6 years ago

Well, let’s say it this way:

Im again working on it. I changed to a complete new system which gives me finally the ability and flexibility this mod deserves. The best thing about it is that you don’t need to tap into the lamp/switch matrix, no power surge from an already highly used low power line.

2 more things to notice:
1. the mod consists of 2 parts, a base unit with power supply and the monitor/mounting bracket.

2. I’m was in talks with swinks who may develop and produce a mounting bracket. I think he is the no.1 source for a real quality product and I’d be happy if he would work on it.

The most „delicate“ part are indeed the videos... I have complete access to a well known set of videos but I WONT use them in respect to the original creator.
And I need to make maybe a dozen more, if that’s even enough!

1 year later
#231 4 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

Well, let’s say it this way:
Im again working on it. I changed to a complete new system which gives me finally the ability and flexibility this mod deserves. The best thing about it is that you don’t need to tap into the lamp/switch matrix, no power surge from an already highly used low power line.
2 more things to notice:
1. the mod consists of 2 parts, a base unit with power supply and the monitor/mounting bracket.
2. I’m was in talks with swinks who may develop and produce a mounting bracket. I think he is the no.1 source for a real quality product and I’d be happy if he would work on it.
The most „delicate“ part are indeed the videos... I have complete access to a well known set of videos but I WONT use them in respect to the original creator.
And I need to make maybe a dozen more, if that’s even enough!

Is this project dead?

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from Baggie:

Is this project dead?

It’s been 1 year.. what do you think?

#233 4 years ago

The "other" cftbl project is comming allong nicely!

#234 4 years ago

The project is not dead afaik. But the user is blocked here so you might want to check his shop or request some infos directly from him.
What I know is some serious nice stuff coming along with this mod.

The other project is imo bloatware. Nice videos, sure but absolutely no foot in the hardware communication between game and raspberry pi.
The fact that the guys tells people he uses a different player than omxplayer shows his lack of in depth-knowledge to the system and hardware accelerated video playback. Until he proves me wrong I say he’s a scammer and liar.
He’s now working on his epic editor and firmware for the dmdmk66 or whatever his system is called firmware for over 2 years or so and has not come up with any sort of real world demo of his stuff except for 4 shade colorization. Neither be it small, standard or big dmds.

Win for pin2dmd, for sure.
And even if Rappelbox might have a bad track record, he’s hugely expanding from what I’ve been told.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-hologram-mod-revival/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.