Topic Stats

• 234 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 61 days ago by Raaalph
  • Topic is favorited by 73 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_7429 (resized).JPG
Capture_(resized).PNG
Capture_(resized).PNG
IMG_20160630_185408553_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Fezzik_Creature_(resized).JPG

There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 3 years ago

You're right. It was late and i misread your post. It is whole $439 up front to get in on pre-order. I am in for the mod, but will wait to order.

#152 3 years ago

After some small issues with US customers, it seems to be almost fixed.
PayPal has some issues with the address, state seems to be mandatory for the US, which is fixed now...

Only a few slots left for the "early bird" promotion

#153 3 years ago

Can you please add Australia to the Country list so I can order.

#154 3 years ago

Added

#155 3 years ago

Can you add New Zealand please.

#156 3 years ago

Of course, if there's demand...

Greetings,
Dom

Edit: Done!

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

Of course, if there's demand...
Greetings,
Dom
Edit: Done!

Very keen, just would like to see a video clip of it working and how well the screen fits in the space before ordering. Thanks.

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from Baggie:

Very keen, just would like to see a video clip of it working and how well the screen fits in the space before ordering. Thanks.

I've already ordered, but a video could be nice !!!

#159 3 years ago

Ordered and excited! Dom is FANTASTIC to work with - so buy with confidence. Had issues getting Paypal to like the addresses for shipping to the US - he was super helpful and responsive. Keep up the great work and can't wait to see the preview/final product.

#160 3 years ago

I know it was mentioned a few days ago that video is in the works but do you have an idea as to when we will be able to see any type of a preview? It's a decent amount of money to hand over (speaking for myself) without any type of proof of concept. That said I'm appreciative of your efforts on this and hope to see something soon!

1 week later
#161 3 years ago

Any update on this project?

#162 3 years ago

Yes,

Working on it

the higher resolution even on a smaller panel (1280x800 on 10inch for simplier testing)
is very promising!

Software is improved further:
-Update option via USB in a single file
-copyright protection, but simple restore if card or Pi is broken
-possible config file for your own likes
-Wifi option

Hardware:
-Powersupply connected to pinball main power
-no-soldering

Greetings,
Dom

#163 3 years ago

Don't you think it would be a good idea to remove the pre-order and then post it again once you have completed a finished prototype?

#164 3 years ago

I love those people without own ideas.

Maybe you are right, maybe not.
No one was ever forced to preorder but the amount of people that already preordered prove that I'm right.
Besides that, preorders are needed to pay bills of video artist, hardware engineer, order parts, commence production and so on.
If you had ever produced something yourself you would know about that.

The reason I'm posting so few snippets and info is simple: it's not finished yet, and what I show is only a technical preview, not in terms of design and video. These infos won't show up until it's finished. The reason is simple: videos etc are provided, but not the center of the project, it is its capability, interchangeability to other machines and some other technical things.

If you want to "warn" people about that fact, feel free to do so, otherwise why just simply ignore my thread?!
If you are concerned about reputation, I have send more than 150 pin2dmd devices, parts, displays etc to most parts of Europe.

Just to let YOU know and the other guy from Bristol!

For all of my customers:
If I weren't sure I could do it, I'd never asked for preorder.
I'm not promising things I can't fulfill, nor am I ripping off someone's money or things like that.

Greetings,
Dom

Edit:
Dear rubberducks,
I remember that you were asked in the rgb dmd thread to help develop and test things out. Ever since then there was no single line of code from you, no constructive suggestion or similar things!

#165 3 years ago

Dom what size screen will be used in the production model? This looks very promising. Looking forward to see where this goes.

Looks great so far.

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

No one was ever forced to preorder but the amount of people that already preordered prove that I'm right.
Besides that, preorders are needed to pay bills of video artist, hardware engineer, order parts, commence production and so on.

sorry, but with all of the pinball dreams and hopes that were dashed against the rocks like ships lost at sea (eg. predator, magic girl, alice in wonderland, etc...), people have a right to be wary, especially if you are in fact asking for money up front for a product which hasn't been developed.
and as to your comment of pre-orders being needed to pay the bills, I've run a few major projects (costing me in the low to mid 5-digit $s) using my own funds to bring them to the masses. my thought is that if you can't afford to fund it yourself, you're in the wrong line of business.

I wish you luck in your en devour and hope that what you're making isn't just a reverse engineered rip-off of what mike dallas has already done

#167 3 years ago

No, I'm NOT reverse engineering!

I understand all the concerns and doubts about it.
I don't wanted to feed the troll and must admit that I hate these types of conversations.
J_m, I know what you are doing. People like you inspire me and help going the way I want to go.

The monitor is going to be 14 inch full HD

#168 3 years ago

Looks great ,
I believe you will be overwhelmed with orders

#169 3 years ago

I am excited about getting one. Was waiting on MikeD's for about a year, and it sounds like this will be better.

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

using my own funds to bring them to the masses. my thought is that if you can't afford to fund it yourself, you're in the wrong line of business.

Totally agree!

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Looks great ,
I believe you will be overwhelmed with orders

Thanks for support, but it's actually not my intention

Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

I am excited about getting one. Was waiting on MikeD's for about a year, and it sounds like this will be better.

Thank you, too!
Reviving is my main goal!
Because it is completely newly developed, I put in my own thoughts and ideas.

For all who doubt: I don't have one of mikes mods here, so i can't rip it off, even if i liked to.

Greetings,
Dom

OT:
In terms of money: it's none of YOUR business how i do MY business!
This doesn't belong here.
Like I said before, no one is forced to preorder.

#172 3 years ago

I commend you on your work. I'm very interested in getting this. couple questions -
If one doesn't "pre-order" this - will there only be a finite quantity of kits available after the
pre-orders are fulfilled?
Are the 8 (or so) vids that are included ones that actually have the creature in them?
(I'm not quite understanding what the copywrite protection covers)
thanks,
M

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from bretty:

Can you please add Australia to the Country list so I can order.

Can I 2nd this one? Been after the Mod for a year or more now since Mike stopped making them

#174 3 years ago

Looks nice. Is a bigger screen possible?

#175 3 years ago

So, let's answer some questions:

-as long as there is demand I'm hopefully able to produce some batches of 20-30 pieces. But I can't guarantee that for now!
-Australia added already
-monitor will be 14 inch, only demo shows 10 inch for testing purposes.
-there will be a creature, but if it's "the" creature I can't say for now. This is part of copyright protected stuff and I have to figure out. Like I said before, there is always the option to add your own videos, or replace mine.

Greetings,
Dom

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

So, let's answer some questions:

-monitor will be 14 inch, only demo shows 10 inch for testing purposes.

Cool and thanks for the reply..

#177 3 years ago

What is Mike D mod sellimg for now on the used market.
Thanks
Buddy

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

What is Mike D mod sellimg for now on the used market.
Thanks
Buddy

Have you actually seen any up for sale recently?

#179 3 years ago

Never seen a MikeD one up for sale & thanks for adding us Australians!

#180 3 years ago

I heard a very large number its why I asked aS I could not believe it.

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I heard a very large number its why I asked aS I could not believe it.

I don't think I could ever part with mine. I'd sell the whole machine before taking it out. It's actually installed in your old creech that I picked up at winston-salem about a year ago.

#182 3 years ago

I just ordered mine. Now, will someone here help me get the video installed when I get it. I'm not good at shit like this.

#183 3 years ago

I sold my MikeD mod and At the time I could not even get what I paid for it. That was after his last batch.

#184 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I sold my MikeD mod and At the time I could not even get what I paid for it. That was after his last batch.

Please elaborate....

#185 3 years ago

I sold my MikeD mod and at the time I could not even get what I paid for it. That was after his last batch.

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Please elaborate.

I believe at that time anyone could still buy a new one direct from MikeD so why buy used if not at a discount?
Now that MikeD doesn't make them anymore a lot of guys still want one and it is a whole different story.

#186 3 years ago

I believe MikeD said he may make more in the future but he is taking a break from creature at the moment. He just posted that in another thread just about 2 hours ago.

#187 3 years ago

i have a creature and the complete mike d licensed mod (tv and power supply as well) that i'd sell. the creature is in player condition and the mod in nib. let me know if interested. in northern nj. thanks

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

i have a creature and the complete mike d licensed mod (tv and power supply as well) that i'd sell. the creature is in player condition and the mod in nib. let me know if interested. in northern nj. thanks

OK, now we can see what one is worth.

#189 3 years ago

OK, now we can see what one is worth.

With all the people on this thread wanting this mod,is it sold yet?

#190 3 years ago

A question for you modders, why don't you use a tablet instead of the LED tv for this creature mod?? Wouldn't it be easier to install and program??

#191 3 years ago

With all the people on this thread wanting this mod,is it sold yet?

I gathered he's selling the machine & mod together, not the mod on its own?

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I gathered he's selling the machine & mod together, not the mod on its own?

For anybody interested I believe he will sell them separate just shoot him a PM.

1 week later
#193 3 years ago

Hi,

Any news?

Ordered since a month, and no news, no confirmation order from you Rappelbox

Could you please share your advanced work?

1 week later
#194 3 years ago

Website says only 16-17 working days. Hoping to get an update soon.

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

Website says only 16-17 working days. Hoping to get an update soon.

Yes, it even say: Available now!

Wait and see...

#196 3 years ago

No updates in a month. Good luck to all that preordered blindly.

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from Wescobar:

No updates in a month. Good luck to all that preordered blindly.

We have Paypal protection until january 2016... But I hope, we will not arrive to this point...
May be Dominic is on holliday...

#198 3 years ago

Pretty much the whole of Europe shuts down August and takes their vacation.

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Pretty much the whole of Europe shuts down August and takes their vacation.

Are you seriously making up an excuse for someone who has taken money from people for this, and not bothered to post here any updates for over a month?

#200 3 years ago

Rubberducks and JM posted reservations about this pre-order, which were quickly responded to by the OP. Not so much by those requesting an update, evidently...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside