Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7429 (resized).JPG
Capture_(resized).PNG
Capture_(resized).PNG
IMG_20160630_185408553_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Fezzik_Creature_(resized).JPG

There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 7 years ago

Hi folks!

I'm planning on reviving the famous Hologram-Mod for the CftbL. I thought a lot about it and came to the conclusion that it's absolutely worth it!!!

It will include everything you need to install it directly into your Cab, except for the videos(for now)!
So you'll receive a ready-to-use set including monitor, power supply etc.

If everything works as I excpect it, it will also be possible to adapt this Mod to other Pinballs like AC/DC eg.!!!

Licensing of parts of the movie is very complicated and i'm still calling around the world, as no one seems to be responsible or has the actual rights for licensing or is willing to pick up the phone.

So if you are interested, keep an eye on this thread
If you have some interesting tips regarding features or other stuff feel free to drop me a line.

Actual state: Proof of concept is in the works, collecting prices for components and shipping.
Collecting number of interested users

Actual state:2016/07/05

Preorder is available from now on only on http://www.GermanGamingSupplies.com

Until my Mod is not in Stock, preorder price is 20 EUR lower than the normal price would be later.
The first 20 "Early Birds" using "Creature" as Kupon name also receive another 20 EUR DISCOUNT on top!

The cheaper parts are already on their way, but for Monitors/RaspberryPis in larger quantities I need your support/preorder.

Paypment is secured via PayPal.

Greetings from good old Germany,
Dom

#2 7 years ago

´´´´´´¶¶¶¶
´´´´´¶´´´´¶¶
´´´´´¶´´´´´¶
´´´´´´¶´´´´¶
´´´´´´¶´´´¶
´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶
´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶
´¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶
´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶
´´¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´¶
´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

#3 7 years ago

Count me in.

#4 7 years ago

You don't need licensing if you don't show an exact analogue of The Creature (and logo) ... in fact not doing so would allow far more creativity.

#5 7 years ago

Best news a new Creech owner like me could hear! Count me in.

#6 7 years ago

nice, I know a couple of people that will be in. I picking up a CFTBL this weekend that has the mod, but I'm glad to know someone is going to continue to produce them

#9 7 years ago

Following

#10 7 years ago

Following

#11 7 years ago

Keeping an eye but crossing-fingers that it will be fairly priced!

#12 7 years ago

Would like CFTBL someday... as long as the price is comparable to the previous mod I would buy this and hold onto it until I land a Creech.

#13 7 years ago

Following

#14 7 years ago

Following.

#15 7 years ago

Interested!

#16 7 years ago

Great timing! I just rebuilt my CFTBL with virtually every possible new part and the only thing left is a non-blue hologram! Count me in!

#17 7 years ago

Definitely Interested.... Definitely will be following..

#18 7 years ago

I'll take one. As for the license, since you can't find an answer how bad would it be to just do it with out the license and wait for them to contact you if they ever do. Then you know who to talk to and if its a problem it will likely just be a C&D.

#19 7 years ago

As far as the licence, how about releasing the product then letting people sort their own videos out, or the community helping each other?

#20 7 years ago

Add me to the interested list. Thanks!

#21 7 years ago

you will get a email / letter in no time if it was sold with licensed products in it and certain people like to kill the creativity and are driven by the $ but stay away from the official licensing as it will jack up the price as it is a percentage for one company and then a percentage for monsters universe = about 40% in licensing. Go the route of supplying the unlicensed hardware and then a community design and share effort on the files as long as they are easy to load up into partitions to blink / show when required.

look forward to seeing the product and if possible a power supply that uses the service plug or similar with 110 and 240 v as this game is heavily modded and has power supply issues

#23 7 years ago

Hey Dom i'm very interested

#24 7 years ago

I'm also very interested!

#25 7 years ago

Interested!

#27 7 years ago

Yes, definitely interested. How soon are you looking to ramp up ?

#29 7 years ago

Interested

#30 7 years ago

Please add me to the list.

#31 7 years ago

Count me in!

#32 7 years ago

I'm in for one,

-was the old one ever finished fully?
I mean interactive with the FILM inserts?

#33 7 years ago

Thank you all for your support so far and so fast!!!

Well, there will be some videos on the device! these will be some basic water ripples and so on...
The systems allows it easily to use your own footage
More details on that will follow as soon as we finalize our concept.
Power supply will be provided via service supply, not through coin door and power board.

Time schedule:
• proof-of-concept within 1 week
• re-checking avaibility of parts, production cost etc.
• ready-to-ship product by the end of July +- some days

Just to make things very clear:
This is no Rip-Off of MikeD's work, it's just inspired by it!
I don't have his mod my hands nor do i have access to it...
Everything is programmed from ZERO

Greets,
Dom

#34 7 years ago

I'm interested also.

#35 7 years ago

I'm in. Just bought a creech

#36 7 years ago

I am interested but will need help with the video.

#37 7 years ago

Put me on the interested list.

#39 7 years ago

I am in for sure! Since MikeD has decided to stop making these I wonder if he would just let you pay him a small royalty to use his video???

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I am in for sure! Since MikeD has decided to stop making these I wonder if he would just let you pay him a small royalty to use his video???

So 3 lots of royalties to pay? It would be crazy not to just do original graphics and animations ... you could be far more creative, and have carte blanche to do whatever you wanted with modes and other things, and not pay a cent in royalties.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Was the old one ever finished fully and interactive with the FILM inserts?

MikeD's kit has a file with several nice color Creature pics and displays a different one of them briefly whenever you light a FILM letter during gameplay.

#43 7 years ago

I'm in.

#44 7 years ago

Interested.

#45 7 years ago

my friend Patrick wants it - so i'm in

#46 7 years ago

I'm interested.

#47 7 years ago

Very keen.

#48 7 years ago

Interested too

#49 7 years ago

Interested.

#50 7 years ago

Interested

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-hologram-mod-revival and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.