Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Chet
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

My CFTBL Hologram Mod by PinballmikeD stopped booting when I started a game. The Mod has worked perfectly after I installed it many years ago. The insignia TV monitor is displaying a string of error messaged that say could not mount boot FS. I tried power cycling and starting the game but same error message. The raspbery PI is getting power as the top two Red leds on the Led block are solid red and the lowering leds are strobing on and off as the game is in attract mode. I should mention that I have Mikes Power supply mod also that supplies 12VDC to the monitor as well as the Power adapter that provides clean 5 volts to the Raspberry also . I also turned game off, waited 5 minutes, unseated and then reseated both the SD card and the thumb drive. turned game back on but got same error messages on the monitor. I had made a backup copy of the original thumb drive on my PC when I first got the Mod from Mike years ago and I followed the procedure to re-image the SD card using the files and the windows diskmanager software provided on the thumb drive. I purchased a new SD card to put the image on instead of using the original SD card. However , I still get the same error message cannot mount boot error with the new SD card. Note I did change the Boot delay timer in the config file to 4 instead of the default 2 but that did not help. I tried reaching out to mike here on Pinside and thru his older email but I have not received any response. Hoping someone may have experienced a similar problem and or may have some thoughts, suggestions or ideas they might share. Thanks, I do have a picture of the error messages if someone would like to see it.

#2 2 years ago

Thanks to JoeinNJ for responding. Problem is resolved. I deleted all the partitions on the original SD card using Windows Diskmanager. I then re-imaged the SD card using the image file on the Thumb Drive using the windows disk imager app also on the Thumb Drive. You will have to first install the disk-imager software on your PC from the Thumb drive. I also changed the boot delay timer to 3 from the default 2 on the config file on the SD card. The boot delay is the last line on the config file. Just use windows text file editor and save change. The Mod boots up ok and is working again. It is best to place a backup copy of the entire thumb drive on your PC for future if you have not already done so. Hope this helps others if problem arises, especially since the developer unfortunately, apparently stopped providing any assistance to his customers now for this $400 Mod.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 45.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-hologram-mod-not-booting-help-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.