(Topic ID: 252255)

CFTBL Hologram I need some help.

By PinballAlley

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballAlley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi All,
    If you are a Creature owner or fan you realize one unavoidable fact. Sooner or later (if it hasn't already happened) the hologram will fail. I have done some research and hologram technology has come a long way. It is possible to make them to last a very long time. I have several request. The first one is a little odd but I am looking for any of the failed holograms. Something you don't care about and something we could take apart. I am also looking for working ones. Part of the process is to create a sculpture as similar to the original as possible. I have already found a company that does holograms commercially and am sure it is going to fly. We are now trying to develop the best replacements possible.

#3 4 years ago

that is great. The hard part is the hologram.

#6 4 years ago

I am not. It also does not seem like this is on their radar anytime soon. My company specializes in restoration and we have had to resort to manufacturing many parts that just are not available commercially. We don't sell them as a separate thing. Strictly inhouse. We may do something similar with the holograms. Perhaps also selling rebuilt units that would require a "Core" to trade in. In the end we are dedicated to the preservation of pinball and it's history. We feel like part of it with 80 years of commercial presence in that world.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballAlley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-hologram-i-need-some-help?tu=PinballAlley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.