You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180109_223647.jpg
CFTBL.jpg
20180109_151250 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Does anyone have / can anyone link a comparison of the various repro holograms over the years? I picked one up (working on fixing up a machine for sale in a few weeks) but have NO information on it as to source. It doesn't look_ like any of the recent repros, the upper lip on all them looked smaller / thinner than the this, but this doesn't have any blue or red tinting to it so I'm not sure. It's adhesive backed, to stick to the metal plate I presume? I attached a pic, it's REALLY hard to get a clear pic.

20180109_151250 (resized).jpg20180109_151250 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Looks original to me! Try looking at it from different angles, you may see some blue pop up.

#3 6 years ago

It is original. Here is mine and also a repro green blob from Planetary Pinball (a pic from their web page). Their statement: Beware of lower price ‘replacements’, as there are ‘lenticular’ facimiles out there that are not ‘true’ holograms (a lower price usually means that they are not original). These creature holograms are the real deal which are mastered from a sculpture, and then the individual holograms are made from that master.
They forgot to mention that they are not mastered from the original sculpture which was used to make original holograms.

CFTBL.jpgCFTBL.jpg

20180109_223647.jpg20180109_223647.jpg

#4 6 years ago

Wow, I wasn't expecting that at all, I figured the NOS ones from Bally would have come already on the metal backing plate. What are they going for these days? The game I have isn't bad, but is more of a players game and doesn't really deserve it, lol.

There are two darker spots in the upper left corner, are those the start of the degradation? I grabbed a quick video using my cell phone flash as a light (figure that would be about the brightness of the light in the game) -

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 24.00
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-hologram-comparison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.