image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
#1 8 years ago

Hi everyone!

I bought my first pinball machine, Creature from the Black Lagoon, about a month ago. It's in really good shape except for a couple of minor nagging issues. I was wondering if someone has any info about how to fix it.

The first one is the hologram seems to be blurry. There seems to be some plastic covering it. Should that be there? Is there a way to make it clearer? I've attached a few pictures for reference.

The second one is that the Sequential FILM award doesn't seem to accurately register. It happens too often. It registers as long as the last letter lit is "M." For instance, I could light L, then I, then F and as long as M is last, it still awards the bonus. Is that normal?

Any advice?

Greg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure it's normal for the film letters to do that. I believe it's when you hit film letters shot to shot: one shot to say f, then next completes L, etc. Not sure about the hologram. That looks odd. Mine is perfectly smooth.

#3 8 years ago

It awards it if "M" is the last letter collected - no matter the order of the first 3.
Hologram looks like someone cleaned it at one point with a harsh chemical it did not like.
No fixing that. Either live with it or buy a new one. They are making another run of them now if you search the forums. Not cheap though.

#4 8 years ago

Wow, looks like someone tried to clean that hologram with something.... I'm surprised it looks as good as it does when it's lit.

#5 8 years ago

It looks like you have one of the reproduction holograms IPB put out about 10 years ago. Is it also getting a red tint? This is what happen to mine. Post a picture of the light bulb. The kit was $220 for a reproduction hologram and halogen light bulb. They sold out quick and without 6 months sold for $400 on ebay and within a year $600. I should have sold mine. It was fine for years and then one day turned into red bacon.

#6 8 years ago

At least the hologram is still green versus blue. Looks better then mine did till I upgraded the lighting. It looks like it is peeling. Is that the hologram?

#7 8 years ago

Thanks for the info everyone! Good to know the FILM thing isn't an issue. Too bad the hologram can't be fixed. Oh well. I can live with it while I save up to get one of the replacements.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Thanks for the info everyone! Good to know the FILM thing isn't an issue. Too bad the hologram can't be fixed. Oh well. I can live with it while I save up to get one of the replacements.

Pinball-Dreams is doing another run of reproduction CFTBL holograms which should be done in the next couple of weeks. I have one in my CFTBL and it is very green and very clear with a lot of detail.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-bunch-of-creature-holo-repros-arriving-mid-january

Gord

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Maybe you can get lucky and find the mike d lcd mod or wait till he makes them again . Its not much more than a new hologram and its much much better with lots of cool features. I also would recommend getting a piece of mylar on the area in front of the flippers bc your getting a good bit of wear in front of the film inserts.

#10 8 years ago

Did you try to clean the Creature Hologram? Be very careful, but you can use Novus 1 and possibly Novus 2.

Also - make sure to clean the clear window - both top and bottom.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

€ 24.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 27.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-hologram-and-f-i-l-m-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.