CFTBL game ends after ball one

By rygar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I have a CFTBL machine which ends the game after ball 1 drains. The game is set for three balls per play. All ball trough switches also work.
The game has NVRAM but it was doing the same thing with regular RAM.
Any ideas wjat could cause this?
Thank you for your suggestions.

#2 4 years ago

Put the game in switch test and test the drain switch,ball through switch and shooter lane switch.See if they register properly on the screen and not activating other switches.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Put the game in switch test and test the drain switch,ball through switch and shooter lane switch.See if they register properly on the screen and not activating other switches.

Thank you for the tip. I ll try the switches and report back.

#4 4 years ago

reset or show match game over?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

reset or show match game over?

Show match game over.

#6 4 years ago

What rom version do you use? Try to get one of the new Creech ROMs and maybe that would fix it? If not reseat the ASIC? That’s an odd issue
Also does the game say ball 1 when you start? If you have 4 players will it go thru all 4 then game over?
Sorry, this is a very interesting issue and am interested in how to fix it as well

#7 4 years ago

I don’t see playfield as reason for this; most likely MPU.
Do you have another WPC game you could swap the game ROM with and see if the issues carry to the other game?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

What rom version do you use? Try to get one of the new Creech ROMs and maybe that would fix it? If not reseat the ASIC? That’s an odd issue
Also does the game say ball 1 when you start? If you have 4 players will it go thru all 4 then game over?
Sorry, this is a very interesting issue and am interested in how to fix it as well

I am running a L-4 with patch from Soren. I have three CFTBL machines. One at home, this one with issues at friends place and the third one in storage. I will visit my friend and try all the suggestions myself. I ll try swapping CPU boards between two CFTBLs to be sure if issues move from one to another.
Thank you for the suggestions. I ll report back as soon as I ll visit my friend.

#10 4 years ago

Ok, he started a multiplayer game. On player 1 it says ball 1 and after ball 1 of player one drains the game displays game over sequence and the game is over for all players.

#11 4 years ago

When did this start? After swapping a new ROM? MPU? NVRAM? Or just out of the blue? Also, any alkaline damage on the MPU?

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

When did this start? After swapping a new ROM? MPU? NVRAM? Or just out of the blue? Also, any alkaline damage on the MPU?

The game was in storage for a few years. Original MPU board had a bit of alkaline damage so I put an ok Addams Family board in it. The issue was the same before installing NVRAM.

3 weeks later
#13 4 years ago

I have finally got some time today to look at this issue. The reason was faulty EPROM. It was acting the same in two different CFTBL machines.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 24.00
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-game-ends-after-ball-one?hl=ryanbrooks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.