(Topic ID: 82128)

CFTBL Found photo of original model used for hologram. Need your HELP!!

By creaturemonster

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Capper96
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF2316.jpg
creature.jpg
displaycase.JPG
IMG_1137.jpg
Creature Nice Body shot.jpg
creature ricou underwater.jpg
DSCF1520.JPG
creature_prototype.jpg
Ben_suits_Westmore.jpg
P1010926.JPG
Ben_Julie_holds_head.jpg
006.JPG
005-134.JPG
004.JPG
003.JPG
002.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 10 years ago

I don't mean to be a dick here but this chaps my ass to a small degree. Henrik goes through all the trouble to have a model made and to have the Holo made and all I see or hear is people bitching that it is to expensive or it isn't exactly the same as the original. So fucking what. Its a hell of a lot better than a blue or black one or nothing at all and it actually looks better than the original. Its a wonder people go through the effort at all to put these products out. Do you really think that he would remake these things with the original after spending the money to have it made with a new model or that he had not exhausted every effort to obtain the original model?

#33 10 years ago

Good luck. This might get interesting. Keep us informed.

#80 10 years ago

LOL, talk about what one says coming back to bite him in the ass. Here's a thought, take donations for the cost of the holo and the cost of RENTING the model from ultimate gameroom. Before the model leaves the owners possession have it insured for a insane amount of money for a period of time. If the model is injured the guy gets paid big time. You need to get all your details ironed out beforehand. I will contribute the amount of a hologram to get the ball rolling if the owner agrees to release the model to be used to make a holo. Is this ever a lesson to me to watch what I say.

Ultimategameroom, might we see a pic of the little creature to just see what the little bugger looks like?

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

If you want to blame me for you not helping the cause that's fine but if you do that then you will be guilty of everything I said about the person who refused to let people scan his precious model.
You don't need me to motivate you, it is up to you if you want to do a good deed or not and neither I, nor anyone else for that matter should have to "motivate you" to do something good.
And to the other poster who said I was thinking with my "little head" I'm sorry but CFTBL and pinball in general doesn't give me wood so I can assure you there was no lower head thinking going on. I simply feel that this hologram has been in high demand for years and everyone is clamoring for should have the opportunity to be recreated to look the same and there's no good reason why anyone with one of those models should prevent it from happening.

Why does this guy or anyone who owns one of the 5 models owe anyone anything? It is his, he bought it and he has the right to squirrel it away for his private enjoyment if he wants. That is like saying that Gene Gene the dancing machine should have to open a arcade so people can play all those pins he squirrels away. It would be nice but he owes no one anything. If I owned it money would talk but this guy may not need the cash. Also, things often disappear when loaned out despite good intentions.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

The model was a piece of tooling to make a part, it isn't the same as Gene having a pinball machine in his house. The owner of this precious model(s) may not "owe anyone anything" but it boils down to doing something good and certainly it can be arranged to be scanned in such a way that minimizes risk and has some sort of insurance attached to its use. Why not be a good guy and allow the model to be scanned so a whole community of people could have a proper reproduction part for their games? How does that make the person's one of five of a kind model any less valuable?
I collect records and have a ton of rare punk rock records from 30 years ago. There's been a bunch of times where a label or a band doesn't have the original artwork for their records (or even their own record) and wanted to do a reissue and I've provided mine to be used to make reproductions. I didn't "have to" do that but it was for the greater good so those records could be remade. I could have been a dick and said no just so I could be one of the few people on earth to have that record but what good would that do me?

I get it but no one OWES anyone anything in this world. Those who try to be nice and help others often wind up getting hosed for their good deeds.

1 month later
#125 9 years ago

Your talking price and you don't have a model to use?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-found-photo-of-original-model-used-for-hologram-need-your-help?tu=zr11990 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.