(Topic ID: 82128)

CFTBL Found photo of original model used for hologram. Need your HELP!!

By creaturemonster

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Capper96
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF2316.jpg
creature.jpg
displaycase.JPG
IMG_1137.jpg
Creature Nice Body shot.jpg
creature ricou underwater.jpg
DSCF1520.JPG
creature_prototype.jpg
Ben_suits_Westmore.jpg
P1010926.JPG
Ben_Julie_holds_head.jpg
006.JPG
005-134.JPG
004.JPG
003.JPG
002.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider creaturemonster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I was looking at my book The Pinball Compendium 1982 to present and came across this photo. After looking at it you can see that this was the model used for the hologram. That is John Trudeau and wanted to know if anyone is good friends with him to see if he still has these models or maybe he knows who has them. This would be nice with all the great people on here to see if we can find this model. So if anyone out there could contact John to see if he still has them that would be awesome!
I know Mike has the LCD and Henrik has a hologram which are very nice but if we can find the original model I would like Rick and Henrik to make this hologram using the original model.
So lets see if pinside can find this model. !!
Thanks Joe

001.JPG001.JPG 003.JPG003.JPG 005.JPG005.JPG
#2 10 years ago

Update: I received a message from another pinsider that John gave the model to another collector. He no longer has it. The person that has it will not let anyone borrow it to make another hologram. I believe Henrik tried to borrow model but could not get it. So he had to make his own based only on the hologram.
Since he didn't have a photo and I have this picture I now know the size and shape and angles of the creature. I know two sculptures that make a lot of universal statues, 1 sculptures and so on. They have done some great stuff. I will take pics of them and post to show how much detail they put into there work. I am waiting on a 1 of the creature head when I receive item I will post the pictures.
My thought is to send this photo to these guys to see what they think and go from there.
Joe

#14 10 years ago

NM I really don't know about the second model. I know the picture was taken with his daughters CFTBL machine so maybe John gave her the other model. Why two models anyway? My thought is the person John gave the model to would have a CFTBL so what his he going to do when his hologram goes bad.
I don't know what his price was if that was the case but if Henrik spent 600 hours of labor to produce his hologram maybe his price would of been worth it.
Up until now nobody new what this model looked like and was guessing when they made there hologram.
I believe this is the only picture of the model out there. I think with this picture now and a great sculpture which I know two that could make a excellent model. At least we can make a better looking creature hologram than what is out there.
For the hell of it I will ask the pinsider to talk to him and see if he would take some pictures of the model and send to him or how much he would want to borrow model. I can have a hologram made here in USA instead of shipping model to Germany if he was afraid something happening to model. With overseas shipping things seem to get lost at times. There has to be some company here that can make a 3D Hologram with all the technology we have.
First lets see what the person that holds the model has to say. I was told he didn't want anyone to borrow model but with these recent post maybe there is a price that he would share the model.

#15 10 years ago

MXV You brought up a good point which makes me wonder. Maybe WMS has the master hologram. Than you really don't need the model. You could use master hologram to make another run. Unless the master hologram went bad or was lost. I don't know who you would contact for this.
FishPharm I contacted Jim and he was going to send me the file on that photo so I could make a larger picture from it. But with the understanding that I would not post are sell copies of the picture. I didn't think to ask if he had any other pictures with the models. l will ask.

#24 10 years ago

NM: Your last post was full of nice information really enjoyed reading.
Aurich: I only been on pinside about six months. I am not sure who has what out there. Kind of new to me I am no expert. Thankfully WMS didn't have the models. Maybe some one has the master hologram. All I know is that according to reading all past post that there was no model or picture to make a exact hologram. Within a week I found a picture and with pinsides help we know some one has a model and the other green model is at the Pinball Factory.
Here are some pics of the two sculptors. The creature done by Kyle a artist at FX. Frankenstein by Brian

002.JPG002.JPG 003.JPG003.JPG 004.JPG004.JPG 005-134.JPG005-134.JPG 006.JPG006.JPG
#31 10 years ago

My 2 cents:
zr11990 I don't think your a dick. I am glad that you like new hologram. To be honest I hope more people think like you than me and purchase the new hologram and they sell out. I get upset hearing that we don't appreciate what Rick and Henrik have done. I was one of the first to get the new ramps for CFTBL. I bought them from Henrik in Germany before they were here in USA. What ever parts that they had there hand in bowl, window, plastic set, speaker panel plastic, ramps and the decals for the box. I purchased all these parts for my machine and are excellent reproduction parts which I am grateful for.
There were no repro holograms at that time and I bought a NOS hologram trying to make my machine look as new as possible. Nobody wanted to make them because of the expense. First attempt failure. So should we just gave up than and said they already made one. No Henrik wanted to do better. Which it is better than anything out there. He wanted the hologram to look like the original and I am thankful for the effort. Could Henrik have made a better hologram having a picture or the original model? I believe the answer would be yes. If we could make something that you couldn't tell the difference from the original why wouldn't we. Isn't this what Henrik was trying to achieve. This information that I am researching is for the next one. I would like to see a EXACT or better hologram made in the future and I believe it can be done.

#34 10 years ago

Hey spfxted: Love the pictures. Thanks for the compliment on the sculptors.

#46 10 years ago

PhilGreg: Nice photo! From what I read about this there were two styles of masks made. A land one which Ben Chapman wore and had eyes and the under water mask no eyes which Ricco Browning used. They said the under water mask didn't need as much detail so thats why you don't see gills. Another fact was at first Ricco had a air tank and goggles under his suit and mask. The goggles would fill up with water and he couldn't see or get the water out with the mask on, so all the scenes shot was him holding his breath.

#55 10 years ago

LongJohns: I saw that. There is a company called True 3D Holograms. They can make a 3D hologram from a model or make a model from pictures to make a 3D hologram. They have the newest technology out there.
Which I am asking the one who has the model would he sell the model to me and how much would he want? 2. If he didn't want to sell model, how much money to borrow model or a percentage of each hologram made?
3.How much would you want to take pictures of the model so it wouldn't leave your house?

spfxted: The answer to your question. Ben was taller and skinner. Ricou was shorter and heavier so they had to make two different suits and mask to fit them. Did you also know Ben and Julia? I know Ben passed away but Julia and Ricou are still living. Right. Also thanks for correcting my spelling of Ricou. I should have known that.

#66 10 years ago

ultimategameroom: Thank-you for sharing that great story with us. When I started this post I didn't think I would know this much this fast. Its been 20 years and as of last week there were no models or pictures to go by to make a Exact hologram. If you decide to help us out I believe what Rick and Henrik done for us, we owe them first to sell out or enough sold to make his money back before another hologram gets out there. I really would like to have this done but would like Ricks input on how we should handle this if we move to the next step. I believe everyone that loves the CFTBL machine appreciates your shared information. THANKS

#104 10 years ago

I tried to get a hold of Jerry Pinsler the one who made the original model but unfortunately he passed away in May 1996. He made a lot of the toys for Williams and Bally machines.
I have been researching 3D holograms and found a company Zebra Imaging that would be good for this project if we can obtain a original model to use.
The hologram that was used in the original was a analog image with monochrome
There are two different ones this company has to offer.
1. Digital 3D image with monochrome
2. Digital 3D image with color
Pricing: The size we would need was $100 each for number 1 and $200 each for number 2.
I sent a email and left my phone number and will find out final cost for scanning model and making a master.
How long should they last and what kind of guarantee they offer.
The latest technology with 3D color is like having a color DMD. Pretty sweet looking.
Here is a link http://www.zebraimaging.com/products/print-a-hologram

1 month later
#114 9 years ago

Ok anyone who interested in a exact hologram. I talked to Zebra Imaging and they could make a monochrome hologram (would look like the original) if we order 100 copies or more they would image the creature statue free. So the cost would be around $50 each. They could do a color hologram for $75 each. I would be in for one of each if this happens. The hologram would last for many years. They advise to keep hologram out of direct sunlight to last longer. So he said they should last 10 to 20 years for our situation.
The PROBLEM:
1. Rick informed me I would need to obtain a license to have these made. Not sure if he would give a license to
make these and how much added cost for each hologram?
2. Obtaining a original model. If we can borrow one of the five models out there to make this. I tried to contact ultimategameroom but never heard back. As of a couple months ago John Trudeau still has his model in the closet. The added cost to scan,paint and make model.

If anyone out there wants to sell there original hologram model let me know first. I would be willing to purchase your model. I am not in this for money so the model would be use to make another original hologram for the holy grail owners.

1 week later
#145 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

First, I would be really skeptical to make an original same resolution, same color for $50. I've talked with most hologram places in the US and that is not consistent, so we would end up with another 'cheap' version (like IPB's lenticular version, etc).
Second, there would need to be permission from WMS licensee (us) as well as Universal, so that costs alot of money in terms of royalties and pre-payment and I doubt that is going to come, especially paid before the product is made.
Third, there is a suitable product out there, so the interest and demand will not materialize (if ever) for years to be able to sell a certain number that makes any business model work.
Sorry to put water on the parade, but I doubt I will see a proposal that satisfies the above topics which would be required to get me interested ...
rick

First, This is not a original analog resolution that was used on the first hologram. This company makes there hologram in digital format which better than the original. This company was the first to make a color hologram. This is 2014 technology at work. So I believe this would be a better hologram than the original. As for cost they would cut the price to $25 a hologram in monochrome if we ordered a 1000 and $50 a hologram for the colored if a 1000 were ordered.
Second, Lets say we only make a Limited Edition only 100 monochrome and 100 colored holograms. No more to satisfy this small group that would like to see a original model hologram. What would the license and royalties cost us per hologram? So only 200 holograms being made.
Third, For the non suitable product. This would be for the group that would not buy the hologram that is out there are put Mikes mod in there creature.
Well we now know there are models out there that this could be done. So that is my proposal.

#191 9 years ago

Well here is what we learned so for on this project. There are five models out there 1: one model John Trudeau. 2: one model ultimategameroom. 3: one model Jerry Pinsler. 4: one model pinball factory. 5: one model another pinsider unknown. A company here in the USA that could make a quality hologram. The cost to make a hologram even imaging the model at a decent price. I believe the best chance within the last 20 years to make a exact original hologram with all the information we learned with this trend. Probably will never get made.

I felt from all of PPS statements made in this post the real issue was going to be getting permission to make these. As I stated in a earlier post number one problem receiving a license to make these. I felt with all the models out there one of them would be willing to help us with this project. If you go back and read everything than you can see it all falls into place. PPS talked about the cost would be very expensive to image the model and make each hologram even if you could find the model to use. Which isn't as bad as he said it would be. Next was the cost to get a license and royalties another very expensive process. Which I believe isn't as high as they want you to believe it is. As I posted earlier what would it cost for a limited edition run. Which Rick could make his money off this since he holds the license to these parts and universal would get there cut. So this would be legal and everyone gets what they want. Just would like to know how expensive this would be. Than decide if it worth the risk.

I guess what makes me mad. This hologram that is out there now would of been researched better than it was we wouldn't be in this situation. Before this post Rick and Hendrik had no model or picture to make there hologram. Since there was no model in Williams stockroom they went and talked to a professor. I am no rocket scientist but I would of called John the designer to hear what he new about the hologram. Mistakes happen. We are making another mistake from the last mistake. So we all lose again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 24.00
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider creaturemonster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-found-photo-of-original-model-used-for-hologram-need-your-help?tu=creaturemonster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.