Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by burningman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I just need some advice from you guys. I have a very nice MET pro. Full LED, cliffys, all the "typical" upgrades. Should i keep the MET, which i am having a lot of fun with, or should i go for a CFTBL that a local guy has for sale. My first question is should i make a trade? I have played CFTBL but not a ton.
What is a fair deal for both of us?
Thanks

#2 9 years ago

I prefer CFTL but both are good games. They are completely different though. If the CFTBL is moded out and has a nice playfield it's a fair deal. CFTBL has ton of mod options, the LCD hologram replacment is the most important in my opinion.

#3 9 years ago

I would never make that trade. Met is just way more fun.

#4 9 years ago

No way. It's doesn't hold up to MET imo. I will say CFTBL does have some excellent artwork and cool ramps (I like the swirling bowl) but it's not a super smooth n creamy player like MET is. The music and sparky are big sellers.....plus it's totally MOD-centric and getting more love as time goes on. It's a keeper.

#5 9 years ago

I would stick with your met. I have a creech with the pinballmike lcd and othere than it being a great looking machine there's no depth to the game. multiball is the extent of the game modes. And his would have to be almost perfect for an even up trade.

#6 9 years ago

True, then again to play Devils advocate, you can always pick up a met pro again if you want. Not sure how many CFTBL are in your area or how nice they are. I would venture that a met pro is higher value than a cftbl add in mod's and I'd say cftbl needs more.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

True, then again to play Devils advocate, you can always pick up a met pro again if you want. Not sure how many CFTBL are in your area or how nice they are. I would venture that a met pro is higher value than a cftbl add in mod's and I'd say cftbl needs more.

I had the same thought about scarcity, however, I have not played a ton of it and hearing that the game play is not that deep has me a bit worried. I should say that i do love "mode based games"

#8 9 years ago

What? They made 7,841 CFTBL. Granted, a super nice one may be harder to find, but they come up for sale all the time.

#9 9 years ago

Yeah I have one up the street from me and I enjoy it but I'm playing met pro in the next town and shopping for one. So that should say a little something. Still, cftbl is fun just not sure if it has the staying power. great looking machine though

As for scarcity, like I said, depending on where you live.

#10 9 years ago

awesome thanks

#11 9 years ago

CFTBL, stayed for 2 years, MET will never leave.

#12 9 years ago

Cftbl has one multiball and it's only two ball. Gets tedious quickly.

#13 9 years ago

We talked about this at league last week. Consensus was that CFTBL is a great 3rd or 4th game. It's very pretty (man... the art is just fantastic), it's got good (but not deep rules) and can be brutally hard. Because it can be so hard, it's not especially friendly for non-pinball people.

I already own a Met Pro and have AMH on the way, Creech will be on my game 3 list.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

We talked about this at league last week. Consensus was that CFTBL is a great 3rd or 4th game. It's very pretty (man... the art is just fantastic), it's got good (but not deep rules) and can be brutally hard. Because it can be so hard, it's not especially friendly for non-pinball people.
I already own a Met Pro and have AMH on the way, Creech will be on my game 3 list.

I think this is a fair assesment. CFTBL is not deep, but the game is so difficult you will have lots of issues see all that is has to offer. It is very unfriendly to non pinheads.

#15 9 years ago

You also kind of have to duck down to play it due to the ramp obstructing your view. That's kind of annoying. It is fun for a game or two here and there.

#16 9 years ago

Have both, love both. The main downside I see here is you'd be giving up variety by selling your modern game and having two pins from the early 90s. If you are still having fun with MET then I'd suggest keeping it for a while longer.

#17 9 years ago

Paging Quiddity...lol.. she's gonna say keep MET.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

Cftbl has one multiball and it's only two ball. Gets tedious quickly.

Not every multi-ball needs to be 4-6 balls like newer Sterns. Sometimes less = more and I can't imagine what creech multiball would be like with more then 2 balls. A friend of mine was over the other night and was so frustrated playing my creech for 2 hours. He would complete most of the objectives like finding creech, building up 4x but draining or not be able to re-start multiball. It is so frustrating because you now have to chop wood (FILM) all over again but when everything does line up and you nail that Super Jackpot it is so satisfying!

#19 9 years ago

I own both, and while I like creech a lot, MET is simply the best. It has been played non-stop since I got it. My friends and I can never play too many games of MET. Creech is fun and definitely has that "one more game" factor, but don't lose your Metallica over it.

#20 9 years ago

I would take the theme from Creech over Met any day. Creech is one of the most attractive and best themed games out there for my tastes. I'm also a B/W guy. Still, I own Metallica and I have passed on many great deals on CFTBL over the years. Creech bores me to tears quickly. It's fun for a short while, but I'd rather play it in someone else's gameroom. Met is about as good as it gets when it comes to gameplay and rules.

#21 9 years ago

Metallica's are and will continue to be a easy pick up.. Heck I can still get Met Pro's NIB.. So I would say get the Creature, if you don't like it you can alway get another Met and Creature is an easy sell so you won't have any issues selling it as well. Well as long as you don't want 15k Tron LE prices…

Values.

Creature

3600-4000

Depending on Condition and Mods..

Met Pro

3800-4200

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Not every multi-ball needs to be 4-6 balls like newer Sterns. Sometimes less = more and I can't imagine what creech multiball would be like with more then 2 balls. A friend of mine was over the other night and was so frustrated playing my creech for 2 hours. He would complete most of the objectives like finding creech, building up 4x but draining or not be able to re-start multiball. It is so frustrating because you now have to chop wood (FILM) all over again but when everything does line up and you nail that Super Jackpot it is so satisfying!

That is why when you can play Creature well you can almost play any game well.. It gets you good at hitting shots and hitting shots under pressure..

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Paging Quiddity...lol.. she's gonna say keep MET.

Yep. Only reason I'd change my mind if the Creech was hep'ed, play it for a while and sell it to pick Met back up (and use the profit to fund another Creech if you really like it that much).

#24 9 years ago

Thanks guys the more i think about it, and read your responses, I think I am going to keep MET. It really is a sweet game. I do want a creech down the line for sure.

#25 9 years ago

To quote James... NOOOOOoooooOOOO!

Metallica was the first game I fell in love with enough to buy NIB, so maybe I'm biased. The drive-in/horror theme is outstanding on Creature, but I wouldn't take the gameplay over Metallica.

Creech has one feature that I wish more games had, the hurry up to restart multi-ball after a drain. That is one of the most satisfying shots to hit in all of pinball! Good luck with your decision!

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Creech has one feature that I wish more games had, the hurry up to restart multi-ball after a drain. That is one of the most satisfying shots to hit in all of pinball! Good luck with your decision!

Play more Data East games. They almost ALL have that. And your right, it is a really cool feature!

#27 9 years ago

The scarcity argument is a good one....do the CFTBL just to try it out. Keep it for as long as it interests you, then sell/swap it, and get a Metallica back, which shouldn't be too hard.

Its funny how sometimes you need to move a "never sell" game out of your collection before you realise you don't really miss it. Im all for trying as many games as possible. I don't have room for 20 machines, so they get rotated pretty frequently.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Play more Data East games. They almost ALL have that. And your right, it is a really cool feature!

Even goes back to Funhouse when trying to get to the hidden hallway to restart multiball....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.50
€ 24.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-for-met-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.