IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6280 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider that_pin_dude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1101 7 years ago
Quoted from netminda:

I ordered the suggested board on this thread from Amazon and it's not the correct Raspberry Pi board. It had the incorrect number of pins for the connector that goes to the other board. It also had mini-SD instead of SD. Anyone know where I can get an exact Raspberry Pi replacement board for my MikeD hologram mod? I can live with the mini-SD, but it has to have the correct number of pins to fit the connector.
Thanks, Rob

It sounds like you have a PI B, not B+. How many USB ports are on your PI? 2 = B, 4 = B+. The B model also only has 26 GPIO pins where as the B+ has 40. Does your PI look like this one? https://www.adafruit.com/product/998

2 years later
#2420 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

How do I do this? Thanks

On a PC, install BalenaEtcher or Win32DiskImager. Take the USB off of the Raspberry Pi that is part of the Mike D. mod and put it into a USB port on your PC. Copy the contents of the USB drive to your hard drive so you have a backup for the future. Remove the USB drive from your PC. In the backup copy, go to the Extras folder and you will see a CFTBL.img file. Use that img file to rewrite the SD card using BalenaEtcher or Win32DiskImager.

There is a older copy of Win32DiskImager in the Extras folder if you can't download it.

#2422 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Thanks for the help That Pin Dude. I'm following until the rewriting the SD card using BalenaEtcher or Win32DiskImager part. Will it walk me through this and how is it getting to the SD card? Sorry for my unbelievable ignorance about this.

It will be obvious, as you have to select where the image is to be written to (which media device).

#2426 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

There is a slot for the SD card on the PC? Sorry and thanks again.

Like drummermike said, if your PC doesn't have an SD card reader built in, you need to get an adapter. Try doing a search on Amazon for: "SD/SDXC TF USB 2.0 Card Reader Adapter".

6 months later
#2685 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Has anyone found a good solution to cover the ugly switch and Exposed connectors on the bowl near the shooter lane?

I use one of the black CFTBL keychain promos.

2 months later
#2771 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Working on a creature that has Pinball Mikes LCD mod V2 in it, both the USB drive and SD card were corrupt and I was wondering if anyone out there has the files for the V2 of this mod they could share? I found someone nice enough to share the files for V1 of the mod via dropbox but unfortunately they wont work with V2. I didn't initially even know there were two version of the mod out there.
If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks..

PM Sent

2 months later
#2885 4 years ago

Marco has the wrong part (pictured) with the right number (24-8830). I believe this is what the original part is supposed to look like. Multi-Machine search says it was used on: CftBL, FS, TZ.

24-8830 (resized).jpg24-8830 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3018 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

My MikeD mod only boots about 10% of the time lately, anyone have a copy of the SD card boot image I could lay down on a new SD card and see if that resolves? I'm thinking the card may be going bad again...

There is a copy of the SD card image on the USB stick that is in the Pi. Remove the stick and put it in your computer and look in the extras folder.

1 month later
#3155 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

One thing I have been thinking of doing is getting "CREATURE" 3D printed (raised print) with mounting holes on either side to replace the regular baffle in the backbox. The idea is to focus the lighting towards the translite more so that it's more noticeable when the letters light up. I find this feature is lost on most people, especially if it is not properly lit. I would like it to stand out more. The baffle area is pretty tight though. The actual CREATURE font may not work, so something more abstract might be required.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Just put some Two Headed Flex Non-Ghosting leds in those sockets from Comet Pinball. I used yellow and the letters highlight very well.

4 months later
#3342 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I would like to switch my CFTBL ROM to English (currently in French, horrendous translation as always), I have the ROM code, I have the programmer, but I would welcome the ROM chip reference (I could probably get it by opening the backbox and removing the sticker, but my wife keeps playing it )
Thanks !

Are your CPU jumpers set correctly?

https://www.flippers.be/basics/101_wpc_country_settings.html

#3401 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Why is it that Creature doesn't have foam behind any of the snackbar targets?

No idea. I have a NOS set of targets that I bought a couple of decades ago and those did not come with foam pads.

6 months later
#3910 2 years ago
Quoted from Deleenhe:

Does anyone have info on the proper factory parts for the playfield trunnions on the Creature? A previous owner has jury-rigged mine but it's pretty poor, some rubber that is zip-tied to the pins. I can't find anything in the manual explaining these parts so I would appreciate any insight into the right parts and hopefully where I can find them. Thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

Look here and at the bottom of the page for related parts:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=02-4329-1

11 months later
4 months later
#4667 1 year ago
Quoted from tomypin:

In my Creature the Mike D. Mod works fine with the new ROM no issues

Same here, the L5 ROM works great. I have the V2.0 of the Mike D. mod, not sure if that makes a difference.

#4671 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

I’m not sure which version I have of the Mike D. mod. Is there a way to tell?

My PI model is a Pi 1 Model B+ V1.2. I believe V1 of the mod used Pi 1 Model B (not B+). Google for pics on how these two first generation models look.

Again, I don't know if this makes any difference.

3 weeks later
#4715 1 year ago
Quoted from Mellow:

Hi all, it is time to replace the glass on my CFTBL. I would like to hear opions and recommedations.
Also I want to get a cover, any reccomendations there?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-hd-vs-invisiglass-vs-pdi

2 months later
#4852 1 year ago

4 months later
#5093 11 months ago

Try plugging in the TV and let it boot all the way up, then power up the Raspberry Pi. I had this issue on my MikeD setup and had to put a delay in the boot of the Pi.

1 week later
#5122 11 months ago
Quoted from ThePinballPirate:

I have NEVER seen these outlane lights lit other than attract mode.
Research tells me they light if the snack bar menu lands on “LITE SPECIAL”.
I took the glass off and must’ve tried to get this menu item at least 20 times. Is it a dud item like “HULA HOOP” ???
[quoted image]

This is fixed in the version 5 CPU ROM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 24.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider that_pin_dude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome?tu=that_pin_dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.