IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snowvictim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1292 7 years ago

Picking my CFTBL up on Thursday. I'm very excited to be joining this club! CFTBL is such an amazing game. I've spent hours playing it on Pinball Arcade.

#1294 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Congrats! I just got one too. Such a beautiful game. Prepare for it to be MUCH more difficult than virtual version

Oh, that's what I'm hoping for! Getting +200,000,000 way too often. But I appreciate the manner in which the virtual pinball allows you to familiarise yourself with a game.

I love CFTBL for the theme and for the insane modding potential. I've seen some amazing games, one that really made an impression was with near-glowing green siderails, lockdown bar, and legs. My first addition will be a billboard style topper printed out on acrylic with an LED backlight. Hyped!!!

#1299 7 years ago

Sound-wise, CFTBL is amazing. The only game better sound-wise IMO is TAF (thanks to Raul Julia's amazing contribution to the game). First thing I'm doing when I get the sucker is sticking LEDs in, as the colour on CFTBL is INSANE! It has such a beautiful colour scheme, particularly the translite, which allows for a really marvellous lighting solution.

#1302 7 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Regarding LEds, please resist the urge to put colors into the GI for the most part

Definitely. I flooded my TOTAN with purple frosted LEDs and it killed the colour. Replaced around 90% of them to standard white LEDs, leaving a few of the coloured ones in the places where they complimented the playfield's colouring. Same plan for CFTBL, sticking with normal whites, particularly on the bottom half of the playfield.

#1306 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

You'll loose all the warmth if you led this, many (including me) think Creech looks best with incandescents.

Might not be as bad if I use warm white. I'm getting rid of incandescents mostly due to the blackening and warping of plastics. They're expensive and rare, so it's really worth doing a conversion. Anyhow, I "backup" my pins before using them (scan of the playfield, scan of plastic artwork), most often when I'm doing the LED conversion since most pins come with incandescents. That way anything that breaks I can reproduce without having to spend a fortune on replacements. God bless 3D and screen printing.

#1328 7 years ago

Woop woop! On my way home, CFTBL in the back of the van. Officially a club member now.

#1334 7 years ago

Got around to fitting my Creech with LEDs. They bring out the colour much better. I might change the purple one deeper in the playfield to a normal white superbright (purple really kills the playfield and plastic colour, a lesson learned from my TOTAN).

IMG_1071 (resized).JPGIMG_1071 (resized).JPG

IMG_1070 (resized).JPGIMG_1070 (resized).JPG

I decided to go wild with the Creech. I ordered the alternate NSFW translite, and as this game needs a little touching up, I'm planning a restoration in the summer. I'll get a playfield scan and print out a new playfield on plywood like I did for my EATPM cause that came out amazing. CPR playfields are a bit too pricey for me. I'll edit the playfield after scanning to do the NSFW conversion oh, well...

Pinblades are also a must for this game!!! I'm actually thinking of making custom ones with cars etc, not the swamp theme.

#1336 7 years ago

Definitely then! I'll get started with them this week. Will keep you posted with previews.

#1342 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I've only ever seen the purple swamp ones.

Same here... :/

#1347 7 years ago

Started working on the pinblades. It's a nightmare... Unfortunately, I won't be able to produce these for sale unless I strike some sort of deal with the artist who drew these beautiful cars. Personal use for now.

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 18.16.34 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-04-16 at 18.16.34 (resized).png

#1351 7 years ago

He painted it by hand!? :O

I'm working on the NSFW playfield. I thought I should make a backup anyway, but then I might as well spice the game up a bit considering the fact that I've ordered the NSFW translite. Redoing playfields is a nightmare and it takes so long... I've done about 25% of the TAF playfield. Only started with CFTBL. Should be finished by the end of June. Mind you they do look very fresh once screenprinted on clearcoated plywood.

Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 18.34.30 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-04-17 at 18.34.30 (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 18.34.42 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-04-17 at 18.34.42 (resized).png

#1355 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Nice I might need to upgrade as my original has a few small holes that lets light through Has anyone bought these? What's the quality like? Cheers

Should be good. The mini translites are of a stunning quality, so I expect the genuine one to be the same. I'll post pictures once it comes in (sometime this week, unless it doesn't arrive by Friday, in which case I'll post pictures in June as I'll be away).

#1369 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Slowly working on this project pin... rebuilt the left flipper and found this extra wire hanging around it, it's light blue or gray with green stripes. Can anyone help me find where it needs to be re-soldered to? Thanks!

This is most likely the longer way. Check for an identical wire in the backbox. My guess is that's it's some switch wire (switches go to the CPU board), so look there. Identify the connector, check in the manual, that'll tell you where to solder it.

#1372 7 years ago

Added an LED strip to the backbox. It gives the bottom of the translite a nice greeny glow.

IMG_1127 (resized).JPGIMG_1127 (resized).JPG

IMG_1128 (resized).JPGIMG_1128 (resized).JPG

IMG_1135 (resized).JPGIMG_1135 (resized).JPG

#1377 7 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Fake Fake Fake if your going to do something like that,at least give her real titties!

Oh please... have you seen the knockers on Elvira? Or as a matter of fact any other character in a Pinball game, such as Christine on the POTO playfield? These games were designed for teenage boys, something to bear in mind.

#1381 7 years ago

MightyGrave asked for a pinblade template. I figured I might as well post it here for anyone who wants to play around.

pinbladetemplate.pngpinbladetemplate.png

#1384 7 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Has anyone added an Illuminated Apron to their Creature? I'd like to see one installed

I'm doing that when I get back home. Haven't decided whether I want it green or white.

On another note, HELP NEEDED!!!
I want to replace the #86 ramp bulbs. Does anyone know how many there are? The manual doesn't specify, I was hoping someone knows or would be willing to count them!

7 months later
#1601 6 years ago

The alternate NSFW translite btw is of terrible quality. Bought it, put the original one back in (all blurred, not high-res).

#1608 6 years ago

Nice! I'm getting the metal parts on mine painted in a very bright lime green. Inspired by a picture of a sick CFTBL I saw somewhere on the web. Might need to bet custom decals for the cabinet though with a highly saturated pink.
I changed the LEDs in the bowl and main ramp and noticed that some of the sockets were worn out and wouldn't light the LEDs up. Slightly annoyed as I'm going to have to remove the ramp and bowl again to change them...
IMG_5250 (resized).JPGIMG_5250 (resized).JPG

3 years later
#3946 2 years ago

Creech is getting a cabinet refurb and some new decals.

99C29CF2-241D-438C-AE82-A08F28D202BC (resized).jpeg99C29CF2-241D-438C-AE82-A08F28D202BC (resized).jpeg

#3951 2 years ago

Whaddy’all think? I think it’s coming along nicely, I’ll do the siderails in the evening and start prepping the insides tomorrow. Might need to scavenge more grounding braid from somewhere…

8C7B6427-4B54-4FDF-84B4-F028481EB9DF (resized).jpeg8C7B6427-4B54-4FDF-84B4-F028481EB9DF (resized).jpeg

#3956 2 years ago

The ones I bought are trash, and printed on gloss vinyl rather than matte… Don’t buy any of the “custom” stuff from Pinball.Center, I’ve already made the mistake twice. The normal stuff is fine, but the customised products are trash.

#3957 2 years ago

Have to put this on hold for a while. Will resume later on, but overall pleased with what I managed to get out of the way. 99% sure this game will go for sale, so I’m trying to get it both fully functional and presentable.

Translite glass broke months ago, will have to order a new one. Kind of goes hand in hand as my TAF playfield glass was shattered during shipping, so I’ll just order both a backbox and playfield glass and split it between the two.

F2BC1597-97FC-4871-B7FA-AF263EA25134 (resized).jpegF2BC1597-97FC-4871-B7FA-AF263EA25134 (resized).jpeg

#3959 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Nice work! Are the decals from planetary?

Pinball.center in my neck of the woods. I wasn’t even aware that Rick does the purple version (although that would make sense given that he holds the rights to produce all the B/W stuff). But I’m not pleased with the quality.

#3961 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I really like the green you chose for powder coating. Care to share the Pantone number?

I’m afraid I can’t remember… The parts were powdercoated ages ago.

#3968 2 years ago
Quoted from Mellow:

Long shot before I sit down and count. I am shopping out my CFTBL and decided to replace all playfield topside screws and nuts. Does someone have a list of all the sizes and counts needed for this?
At the same time a list and count of all the bulbs?
In both cases I will probably purchase more than needed for future need and replacements.

Have a look at the part list:

https://www.ipdb.org/files/588/Bally_1992_Creature_from_the_Black_Lagoon_Parts_List.txt

Lamp-wise -- 64 per the matrix (555s), GIs are 44s, not sure how many (I always get 20 and end up with spares), and obviously a couple of flashers.

#3970 2 years ago
Quoted from Mellow:

Thank you for the response.
I did think of looking at the parts list but how will I be sure what I amlooking at is topside of the playing field? I see from the list a level is mentioned 1 to 6, what does that refer to?

Screenshot 2021-07-03 at 23.27.55.pngScreenshot 2021-07-03 at 23.27.55.png

Unless I'm wrong, topside nuts are 6-32s.

#3984 2 years ago
Quoted from Deleenhe:

Bicycle spokes have worked pretty good for me.

Big brain hour.

#3986 2 years ago
Quoted from Mellow:

Getting ready to order parts for my CFTBL. Looking at the parts list these are the bulb types and count for each. I am going to order extra but just want to know if someone can confirm my list. I did not think there were that many flashers and the parts list total 34x #86-mini bulbs.
Parts list here: https://www.moll.no/pinball/parts/raw/Bally_1992_Creature_from_the_Black_Lagoon_Parts_List.txt
[quoted image]

Quite a few flashers up in the backbox from what I remember. Just curious -- why are you not buying LEDs? Aesthetics or...?

1 month later
#4089 2 years ago

Homestretch on this one… Just need to sort the transformer out (and the coin door buttons etc). Took a while, but I didn’t have that much spare time. Will need a new playfield and backbox glass, it seems that I somehow misplaced them.

6F0AAD7B-EAB8-498C-BC2A-CF0D9A522CE8 (resized).jpeg6F0AAD7B-EAB8-498C-BC2A-CF0D9A522CE8 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
€ 24.00
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 45.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snowvictim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome?tu=snowvictim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.