IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rum-z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1509 6 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

Anyone considering getting rid of every John Trudeau designed game in their collection after yesterday's news? Ironically, my Excalibur left about two hours of reading about his arrest.

Not me. I have a Creech and Judge Dredd. I have torn those down and rebuilt them and now have my own blood, sweat, and tears in them. When I bought them I had no idea the main designer was a perv (allegedly, I suppose I should note until a conviction happens). I'm not gonna ditch them. I still love playing them, and when I look at them I see the fun times I've had with them, and the time I have invested in them, and a lot of memories too. I don't see the face of Trudeau when I look at them or play them at all, nor do I think of him.

#1516 6 years ago

I did just think of something: When I bought my Creech, the seller offered the choice of one of two translights: The original "cold water" translight which was kind of rare, and a regular translite with John Trudeau's autograph on it. I've never been an autograph guy, so I wanted the original "cold water" translite. Now that I think about it, and in light of these recent developments, I would not want his autograph on any of my pins. I guess I made the right translight choice.

#1520 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Cold Water translite? What is the difference

The so-called "cold water" translite has a female swimmer with the two nipple spots (shown in the pic below). These translites appeared on early games, most of, if not all of which, shipped overseas, before Williams/Bally management noticed the nipped spots and said "Yeah... No.... Get ride of the nipples".

20170826_164135 (resized).jpg20170826_164135 (resized).jpg

#1521 6 years ago

At least, that's my understanding of the so-called "cold water" translites. My game was an early German re-import which was originally equipped with the cold water translite. The re-importer wanted to keep that translite, and substitute a regular autographed translite. I paid him $100 extra to get the original non-autographed cold water version, which I'm now really glad I did.

#1533 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Sorry in advance for the stupid question but what is BR1 or 2?

BR is an abbreviation for bridge rectifier. He's referring to bridge rectifier number 1 and/or number 2 on the circuit boards in the head.

3 years later
#3765 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I still only get 1 or 2 letters with the MRS. My pin is setup really steep too.

My Creech isn't overly steep and balls don't come screaming down into my whirlpool, but I can get enough switch hits to fully spell Creature with every ball that comes down into the whirlpool, and that's even with the old style Chery microswitch. However, I do a little sideways nudge on every rotation to keep the ball whipping around the whirlpool to accomplish this. Sometimes I do get one tilt warning from this nudging.

Do you try to nudge the machine to get more rotations or are you just letting the ball do its own thing? Just wondering.

1 year later
#4427 2 years ago

Holy crap everyone, I've probably owned my Creech for 10 years, and I've never scored more than a billion on it. That's always been my goal, but this thing just plays brutal. Well, I just had the best game of my life on my Creech. Everything went perfect and I managed to start multiball, run up the multiplier to 4X, then collect the jackpot, and a super jackpot of 383+ million! Wow, what a rush. Ended at 1.5+ billion. Love this game. Now I guess I need to reward it with a ColorDMD.

20220403_135118 (resized).jpg20220403_135118 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rum-z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome?tu=rum-z and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.