IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_from_gilroy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2003 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Thanks for the kind words Billy16.
What started out as a hobby turned in to a job. I ended up spending all my time working on MODs instead of just playing pinball.
Hopefully the gentleman in Spain will get a product to market for those still looking.

I installed your video mod three years ago. It's still going strong! I think it's one of the best pinball mods ever made. Now that three years have elapsed, I've been wondering whether or not there is a way to improve it's responsiveness. What I mean is, have it so when the game goes into attract mode or mega-menu or whatever, the mod instantly detects it and plays the corresponding video (as opposed to a taking a few seconds). I have a lot of experience with RPi, but haven't looked into whether or not it's feasible to fiddle around with the mod. Any thoughts on that?

2 weeks later
#2035 5 years ago
Quoted from Thestrangebrewer:

Anyone familiar with this issue?
The lights for 'M' in "FILM' and the 'D' in "PAID' is always lit on my machine. (I think the top 'S' in "KISS' is always lit too- I gotta double check)
It doesn't really harm the game play, other than making you think you've already made those shots.
Anyone have any input on how to fix it?
Thanks

Got any LEDs installed? Initial thought is ghosting.

4 weeks later
#2092 5 years ago

Strictly my opinion, but in this game I think multiball is pretty well done. The first thing I like about it is that the frequency is about right. You have to earn it (spell FILM, then make a shot to start the feature). I'm not a fan of pins where multiball is too easy to start and happens too frequently. The second thing I like is that it's not a flail-fest. There are only two balls. That gives you some semblance of control on a playfield layout that is fairly tight... and you need that control because you can't afford to lose a ball... and if you do, it's not super difficult to restart.

#2110 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Creature was my first pin. Mine was assembled in March 1993 and I bought it used in 1994. It was my only pin until I added IJ and TZ over a year later. I loved playing it using that strategy to build up jackpots and jackpot bonus multipliers while the hologram was lit up in the lagoon. After more than twenty years I changed over to the MikeD mod to see images in the lagoon throughout the game, and now I kinda miss seeing the hologram.

I installed MikeD's mod after going through two holograms (the original one turned blue, and the IPB repro one eventually delaminated and got blurry). For what it's worth, MikeD's mod allows you to choose "Standard Mode" where videos appear for various events in the game (Multiball, Move Your Car, Mega-Menu, etc) or "Hologram Emulation" which behaves like the original hologram. His video of the swamp creature looks so much like the original hologram, I find it hard to tell the difference. The main difference is that it looks great, bright and green like it should be!

#2139 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

So im curious. Whats the best way to get the most spins on the bowl. Mines lucky to get 1 maybe 2 letters
[quoted image]

First and foremost, as others have said, level the bowl (with respect to gravity). Then there's the switch. Ah yes, the switch. I fiddled around with a reed switch for a while and never got it to work. I believe you need more than just a cheap reed switch. Specifically, I think you need an assembly that consists of a reed switch with magnets. Williams used something like this in CV, NGG, CC, and other games. That assembly (20-10293) is unobtanium. Meanwhile, I put in a switch with a flat actuator. It works great. I generally get 6 switch triggers and a total of 9 revolutions before the ball drops.

IMG_2542.jpegIMG_2542.jpeg
#2143 5 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

My creech came with this unobtainium reed switch which was great because I could spell CREATURE almost 1.5x in one shot. This made building up the jackpot too easy so I put the original switch back in and plan on repurposing this reed switch in my shadow for the left ramp right diverter shot instead.

Interesting coincidence... I replaced the left diverter habitrail micro switch in my Shadow with one that has a long, flat actuator, just like I did in the Creature bowl

#2144 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I can’t picture what this reed switch looks like to make it better

It's a sealed assembly that contains a reed switch and a magnet. Essentially a "metal sensor".

https://www.marcospecialties.com//images/products/20-10293/large.jpg

#2154 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

My Mike D mod is out again. Will have to reformat another card and drive. Hope to fix again this weekend.

I always wondered if there's a vulnerability in MikeD's mod where you can corrupt the SD card simply by powering down the game at the wrong time. So far it hasn't happened in my game (after 3 years).

1 week later
#2184 5 years ago
Quoted from Mavmav:

And the cabinet coloring... with glass paint. Easy...
Before and after... again, I hope you guys like it!
Bye!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nicely done. Looks a thousand times better!

2 weeks later
#2198 5 years ago
Quoted from saucerman:

hope it runs for a long time....mine only lasts a game or so before it gets corrupt again...it even goes down in mid game now. I'm going to swap out the raspberry pi to see it that makes a difference.

Swapping out the Pi sounds like a good next step. It almost sounds like the SD slot is flakey, or something else on the Pi is marginal.

3 weeks later
#2229 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

A it normal that the bulbs behind creature are so much dimmer as the GI?

I like Pinball Life’s 4-SMD LEDs for the CREATURE letters. I tried incandescants and various other LEDs and they weren’t bright enough to make the letters stand out.

58921F5F-2C32-49AB-8930-37C7F038DE11.jpeg58921F5F-2C32-49AB-8930-37C7F038DE11.jpeg
#2231 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Mind posting a pic? Totally curious on this!

The quality here is a little rough (iPad motion stills converted to an animated GIF) but gives an idea of the relative brightness...

Motion-Still-2018-10-07 (resized).pngMotion-Still-2018-10-07 (resized).png
#2232 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Mind posting a pic? Totally curious on this!

This iPad photo is overexposed, but you get the idea...

3519F8D2-1774-43F2-A738-FEFB69FE4E63.jpeg3519F8D2-1774-43F2-A738-FEFB69FE4E63.jpeg
#2237 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Cool! So you put one of these bulbs in each of the letters for the word "Creature" ?

Yes, except the capital C takes two. I just remembered something though... I don't think they're anti-ghosting LEDs. So if you just plop these LEDs in without doing something to eliminate ghosting (LED OCD board or a patched ROM), there's a chance you'll see ghosting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_from_gilroy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome?tu=paul_from_gilroy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.