Topic Stats

• 2,881 posts
  • 342 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Soulrider911
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 940 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

baffle (resized).jpg
IMG_2874 (resized).JPG
IMG_2873 (resized).JPG
861DE6C6-9A0F-443C-8C60-D11DCBD94875 (resized).jpeg
creature-main (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_2160 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_2154 (resized).jpg
IMG_2155 (resized).jpg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpg
IMG_2157 (resized).jpg
IMG_2158 (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).JPG
ball_tracks (resized).jpg
20200319_195050_copy_1024x1820 (resized).jpg
20200319_195104_copy_1024x576 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nwpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#643 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I never have either. I don't think it works unless it's the attract sounds when you hit the flipper button "Hey! Let me out!" OR the attract sounds after your game is over and you get the " 2 minutes..." count down, etc.

I was just wondering about this last night when working on mine. I can hear it really faintly on mine, I thought there was some probably going on, but it seems it doesn't have a regular running attract sound beyond after you play a game or if you hit a button. Lame. I like a game that calls to you from across the room every once in a while.

#648 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I saw a video where the attract mode said "Bally & Universal present The Creature...." at the same time it was displayed on the DMD. Wish I could find it again to post, but was pretty cool. Anyone heard or seen that?

It does this right after you play it. It does a 2 minute, then 1 minute countdown to "Our Feature" and then does that announcement, kinda like it's a movie. But after that it goes silent and does no attract mode sound as far as I can tell. Kinda weird.

1 month later
#708 4 years ago

Can someone tell me the dimensions of this metal ball guide? Mine is missing on the the Creature I picked up, I'm going to have to make a replacement and would love the measurements. Thank you!

creature_(resized).jpg

#712 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Can someone tell me the dimensions of this metal ball guide? Mine is missing on the the Creature I picked up, I'm going to have to make a replacement and would love the measurements. Thank you!

Anyone? It would be much appreciated!

2 weeks later
#719 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'll try looking into it today for you!

Someone pulled their's and PMed me the info, but thanks!

2 weeks later
#760 4 years ago

I've done a few spot color LEDs in my backglass to bring out some of the art (like green behind the creature), but mostly left incandescents in as well.

1 week later
#818 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

was hoping for pps to actually do something with their so-called wpc 2.0, but that dream seems to have died on the vine.
a dream scenario for me would be for them to correct the bugs in the software as well as potentially change the dots to something like stern has (12 levels of grey scale), although its probably not do-able to do it and be able to support the older gas-plasma technology

I doubt there will be any display updates given that ColorDMD already colorized it all and put out a nice upgrade for it.

1 week later
#886 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Interesting
ebay.com link » Creature From The Black Lagoon Pinball Hologram Mirror Motors And Board

Wow, it closed for $380. Almost what the mod kit sold for. Well, before buying the TV.

#889 4 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

No it sold for $431.87 plus shipping.

Oh geeze, you're right. I looked at it last before it actually closed. Wow!

1 year later
#1368 2 years ago

Slowly working on this project pin... rebuilt the left flipper and found this extra wire hanging around it, it's light blue or gray with green stripes. Can anyone help me find where it needs to be re-soldered to? Thanks!

11creature (resized).jpg

6 months later
#1577 2 years ago

Got my taillight mod yesterday in the mail and am pleasantly surprised by the level of quality, it's such a professional looking mod. Can't wait to install it before the party I'm having on Saturday!

#1588 2 years ago

I've been unable to find a replacement, so I'm going to have to go the more arduous route.

#1591 2 years ago

I transferred over the speakers, color dmd and removed all the black adhesive backing tonight. I think it took me about an hour to get all the backing off, using a hair dryer helped with the smaller stubborn stuff that didn't come off easily in the first pass. Tomorrow I'll clean it up with Goo-Gone and finish up the installation. Honestly, not that hard, I like the idea of reusing the screened art over tracking down an expensive reproduction (that seems impossible to find at this point too).

4 weeks later
#1671 2 years ago

My Creature isn't happy trying to run both ColorDMD and my recently installed speaker panel mod, it keeps rebooting instead of fully starting. Unplug the speaker panel mod and it starts just fine, so it's definitely that the two mods together are drawing too much power. Any suggestions for an easy solution to run both easily?

1 week later
#1689 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Get a dedicated 12V power source (basic computer power supply) to run both. Easiest way to deal with it.

Just to follow up, I ended up getting the Kahr power mod board, which runs the 5 volts for the CPU off the 12 volt line, freeing up a lot of power on the 5 volt line. I consider this more a quick easy fix than a long term solution, but the speaker panel mod ran great, along with a colordmd, for my entire Xmas Eve party with no CPU reboots. This is the board I picked up, it was shipped quickly and super easy to install: http://www.kahr.us/daughterboard.html

3 months later
#1937 1 year ago

My Creature is missing the full gate assembly for KISS on the left and I'm trying to replace it. I'm not finding A-15661 anywhere and since I don't exactly know what it looks like I could use some help.

Marco has this wire flap which I think is the right part: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7045
Then could I just order another wire gate assembly like this one and swap the wire out:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15663

Thanks!

#1939 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

on doing a search via pinball search the second marco one comes up regularly
https://www.pinballsearch.com/#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=creature%20gate

That doesn't really answer my question though. I found those parts on Marco already and I think 12-7045 is the correct wire gate, it just doesn't come with the assembly. So I'm trying to fine if another wire gate on the same game has the same assembly, so I could swap 12-7045 into it. I think what I need is either a photo of the gate assembly or someone to look at theirs and confirm if A-15663 looks like it.

#1942 1 year ago

Sweet, thanks for the picture and info both of you, it's that one on the left and I think my plan is going to work. It's weird that that the part isn't available, I found lots of threads about people wanting to replace it because it gets so hammered and bent up.

creature (resized).jpg

#1945 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Looks fantastic I’d like to add that but with all my other mods I’m scared of overloading the machines power- should I be worried?

For mine with the tail light mod and color dmd, it did overload the 5 volt and I was having resetting issues. Basically your options are add a switching power supply to power the mods like somewhat did above or get the Kahr power mod board, which runs the 5 volts for the CPU off the 12 volt line, freeing up all the power on the 5 volt line for mods. That's what I did, it was a quick and easy install - this board: http://www.kahr.us/daughterboard.html

I still haven't installed my MikeD hollogram mod, when I do I'm gonna add a second power supply just for the mods.

#1953 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

By any chance are you interested in selling your MikeD Mod???

Only if the Italian guy's alternative version gets finished. But he seems to jump from project to project without finishing them.

1 week later
#1970 1 year ago
Quoted from RGman:

I need to replace mine as well. Have you installed yet? I’m curious to know if the parts fit.

I got the parts, but haven't had a chance yet, I'll report back!

#1977 1 year ago
Quoted from RGman:

I need to replace mine as well. Have you installed yet? I’m curious to know if the parts fit.

The repro wire form didn't work with the gate assembly, but the gate with it's wire works fine with a little adjustment! I'd prefer the tab that makes the gate one way were on the other side and not so close to a playfield plastic, so I feel I'm gonna improve on this. But I can make the KISS shot now.

IMG_20180506_195111 (resized).jpg

1 year later
#2651 6 months ago

I'm selling my Creature locally and still have an uninstalled Mike D Creature hologram mod, so it's up for sale if anyone is interested. I know there is a more DIY version out there and another one that's been promised for a few years that may be actually finally happening, but this is the one that is trusted and highly sought after: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mike-d-creature-hologram-mod-version-20#post-5239270

IMG_20191004_193700-01 (resized).jpeg
#2654 6 months ago

The last one sold for like 1.2K about 7 months ago, I think if I priced it any cheaper, someone would have just flipped it. I had 3 local people lined up immediately for it and the first one bought it this morning with no price haggling, so the price must have been about right for today's market. I never know the right way to do stuff like this, I've definitely sold stuff cheap locally many times only to see the buyer selling it for twice what they paid me less than a year later. So now I price things at what I think the market price currently is and let people bargain me down if they think it's too high.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nwpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside