IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1959 5 years ago

WOW!!!! I've heard of deals like this, but sadly, never been a part of one.....congrats!!!!!!

#1974 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Eh, maybe on a location you would have to worry. The games were made to use bulbs. If it can’t handle them the game needs repair. If you’re burning inserts the bulbs are too close or you’re leaving your game on too long.

Granted, the game was made before LED's of quality were available. However, when used w Herb's LED/OCD (a MUST for this game), the proper LEDS look amazing, compared to the incandescent....imho.......

#1976 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

A classic game with a classic theme, I just don't like leds in this game--but that is just me. Herg might get bummed with that "b"...

Was torn only on the ramp strings.....mini incandescents look great there...but then switched to the natural whites...look great...really enjoying this game....

1 month later
#2012 5 years ago

Does anyone offer blade decals for this game? Mines way too tight for mirrors...hoping something amazing out there...

#2015 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-pinblades
They’re not bad, but something about them seems a little off to me.

Quoted from gunstarhero:

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/creature-black-lagoon-pinball-sideblades/
These ones are kinda cool, they blend in with the backboard decal too... but I feel like the drive in theme ones are a little more appropriate somehow.

both cool.....I kinda like the second set better, but will ponder a bit.....

I have a brand new set of mirrors if anybody interested, and daring enough to install....will see what I paid, and sell for half (+ donate to Pinside, as well).

pm if interested...I'll put and ad up tonight.....mark

#2019 5 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

These second set of side blade decals were hand drawn by hassanchop. I bought a set off him over 2 years ago and installed them in my creech. They look great and all the artwork is placed perfectly so there is no obstructions such as ramps. Here are some sample pics from the old pinballpt site.

Amazing!!!...look like they belonged on the game to start......

#2023 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I got a set from TILT graphics. They have drive in with cars and also swamp.

Thanks for offering .....ordered the Retro refurbs today.....think they look amazing....

#2027 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

That chrome speaker panel is a tough one to find. CPR made them a long time ago and never made them again. I had an extra and sold it for $200.00 a couple of years ago and have not seen one since. Good luck with your search.

Pics please....I don't think I've ever seen one...

#2030 5 years ago

Ahh... thanks!!!...I have the one w lit tail lights, etc.,....have to take a look tonight to see which version.... definitely a cool mod....

#2031 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ahh... thanks!!!...I have the one w lit tail lights, etc.,....have to take a look tonight to see which version.... definitely a cool mod....

After looking at pics and mine, I've got the deluxe version (mirrored)....new the thing looked great!!!

#2033 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Ok now you're just bragging.

Nah...but you're right......you need this!!!...GL w hunt.....

#2040 5 years ago

Hergs board a must for this game.,

#2044 5 years ago
Quoted from Thestrangebrewer:

what is Hergs board?

LEDOCD...you can use it w any bulb, but really suited to standard LED's...ghosting gone, and you can program release, brightness, etc. Of individual inserts. Or just plug and play...emulates incandescents really well.

One of the best mods for alot of machines.,

1 week later
#2050 5 years ago

coin door decal pics? I've got one from PBD which uses the snackbar figures....curious if any others are out there......

#2057 5 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Found a picture of when I did the gen 1 Thompson mod and put in the CPR mirrored speaker plastic. Hoping CPR reruns these.

So my lit tail lights come on full brightness when I turn the game on, then slowly dim after time on, with small outside ones going out. Guessing a leaky capacitor?

Haven't taken it apart yet...anyone been there before?

#2062 5 years ago

Man...pinside rocks!!! this pattern is quite repeatable and consistent, so could very well be the "dimming" effect mentioned. I will dive in the threads tonight for a better look.....thanks again....mark

#2063 5 years ago

closed the loop here...investigated, and sure enough, the jumper was pulled to one side, disconnected from other lead, causing the outside ones to dim after awhile. reconnected jumper, and all solid.....kinda like it that way for now. Knowing it's working right, I might experiment with both options to see which one looks best for me over time..love this game....thanks again!!!!

#2065 5 years ago

Anybody using the chase change module from RS technologies? looks pretty cool, just wondering some other takes on it...

#2069 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Just did the best two snack bar shots I ever made on this game. I start the "find the girl" mode and wind up putting both balls into the bumpers. Ball one comes down, bounces off the left sling and trickles into the snack bar. Girl found. Ball two was immediately behind it, having followed the same exact path and speed (what are the odds?). Jackpot!

Love this game!!!!

#2100 5 years ago
Quoted from 60Grit:

NPO is correct. Switch position 9 will cycle through sequences 0-8. This cycling is easily seen in attract mode when the chase lights are repeatedly all turned on, turned off, turned on sequencing. After the turn on sequencing state, the software will transition to the next sequence. This cycling of sequences continues through game play.
Yes, the cost of my board is on the high side, but I only did a small manufacturing run (no economy of scale).

I really liked the video, and mod looks extremely " oem"....might have to give it a whirl.....play this game ALL the time...thanks for doing this!!!

#2104 5 years ago

2 ball is fine for me...always panic, as I drain one almost immediately, and snackbar restart timer is always pressure...

I'm sure MikeD mod is awesome, just really dig the hologram...game has an amazing, fun vibe to it...not as easy as some may think...classic!!!

1 week later
#2169 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I installed one. Made a big difference in my opinion. This game has to many fade effects to not have it. Not as amazing as LOTR was but worth the investment. This is a tough upgrade to pull as the cost is prohibitive yet for some titles it’s a must. I love it.

A must for this game, imho...Was able to use the right LEDs, and machine now looks fantastic!!!

2 weeks later
#2192 5 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Can't contain my excitement - Ricou Browning the original creature and last living original Universal Monster actor signed my translite!
[quoted image]

Man, just jumped on the site and saw this....super congrats!!!! Jealous......

1 month later
#2261 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

to help the guys contemplating getting a Snack Bar signage upgrade kit
Some people have contacted me asking what version Snackbar mod they have, as they may have bought the Snackbar mod that has been sold on from someone that removed the mod or upgraded their mod or they bought the game with it in it. The easiest way to tell the difference between v1 or v2 is count the number of screws on the top of the mod.
v1 - has 5 screws
v2 - has 2 screws

Thanks for assistance...Parts ordered...Looks great!!!...mark

1 week later
#2264 5 years ago

Just finished upgrading swinks snackbar mod....stunning!!!! great fit, finish, and overall quality to this one...went w purple, so no need for pics (looks like the one previously posted)...THANK YOU...for this great mod!!!!!...mark

#2267 5 years ago

Sooo got to the video mode last night by accident.....didn't even know the game had one!!!! This is an "A lister" in my books

4 weeks later
#2291 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I will add to this that not all factory original holograms exhibited this issue. some believe that it had to do with exposure to sunlight.
there have been no less than 3 reproduction hologram or hologram like replacement products which fit into the metal carrier of the original hologram.
- IPC's hologram (illinois pinball company). many people reported that this one was not produced correctly and all of these holograms turned to red and then to all black quickly. additionally, many of these appeared to have horizontal computer ribbon printer banding throughout the image.
- IPC's lenticular [mess]. this was produced as an "on the cheap" solution that functioned like the original tron and avatar 3D translites, but didn't even feature an authentic image of the creature (if I can find a photo of it again, I will post it since it was rather humorous looking
- pinball dreams officially licensed hologram. these were re-produced from scratch about 2-3 years ago with a new model being crafted instead of using the original or the japanese garage kit that it was crafted from and making a new hologram glass [master]. additionally, both the angle that the model was captured at and the additional [closer] claw were not implemented, making the finished product look a bit different than the original. however, this was the best non-original [hologram] solution produced to date. (I'm kind of shocked that PPS has not requested more of these made since they've been sold out for a few years
pinballmiked produced a raspberry pi product about 5-6 years ago that replaced the hologram carrier and oscillating mirror with an LCD flat panel monitor and many video clips utilizing original movie footage and newly created computer generated imagery

Agreed.....mine is still looking quite green.....

Noticed Planetary still shows these available (?)....might be nice to have a spare......

#2301 5 years ago

Jady's killer snackbar mod w pink el...Very, very nice!!!

IMG_20181215_202456823 (resized).jpgIMG_20181215_202456823 (resized).jpgIMG_20181215_202525609 (resized).jpgIMG_20181215_202525609 (resized).jpg

#2309 5 years ago

I wire an external power supply to all of my games for this very reason. Just about all PC's have a robust power supply...dirt cheap..( free if you`ve got an old pc sitting around, waiting for the trash)...

https://makezine.com/projects/computer-power-supply-to-bench-power-supply-adapter/

8 months later
#2605 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Swinks was the winner for the last one, but I've got tjprice and fiberdude on the list - and now the rest of you know for when I go back to making more....stay tuned!

And me please!!!!

5 months later
#2822 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I noticed on CPR's page that the backglass is no longer available FS....

Was finally going to order it tonight and noticed the same.....DRATS!!!!

#2824 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Was finally going to order it tonight and noticed the same.....DRATS!!!!

Just got a response back from Classic playfields..."stopped making them due to licensing issues".

Add that to the list of unobtanium..

10 months later
#3534 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Another piece of the puzzle...
[quoted image]

So glad they offered these again!!!....missed out last time...ordered..

11 months later
#4308 2 years ago

Merry Christmas to all at the drive-in!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
€ 24.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.