IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gwarrior.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#205 10 years ago

Jumping on the CFTBL fan thread. Just documented the restore job of the machine I have owned for 13 years here.

2 months later
#225 9 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

Impressive....most impressive.
How do you have set yours set up? I have mine set up pretty tough, think my GC is @ 320 mil.
It's a double edged sword, it can be frustrating, but when you get it going, it's more rewarding (I think at least). Was curious as to what other's high scores are. But I would assume, other than well experienced players, the easier it's set up, the higher your score is. Anyone get a billion before? Or does it reset to 0?

My GC is around 3.8 billion. It does not reset to zero.

But -- I have my machine set to 5 balls, and at the time by bowl was leveled perfectly so I got 7-8 rotations each time, therefore it was easy to get the 4x multiplier for jackpot. The key is to max the multiplier, and then hit jackpot, super jackpot, jackpot again, and then super jackpot again, and it'll give you something outrageous like 500 million for the shot. A couple good rounds of multiball will break a billion.

I don't even mess around with the other objectives (e.g. move your car, mega millions, unlimited millions) It makes for a very single-purpose experience, but it never gets easy.

score_11152_1.jpgscore_11152_1.jpg

3 months later
#290 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Finally got the "Super Jackpot" tonite--usually can't keep both balls on the playfield long enough to shoot for it... Since I'd never done that before, I wasn't sure what to do. What do you do next (in case I ever get there again)?

Once you get the SJP, multiball mode continues per usual, but the JP and SJP values increase significantly. So after hitting SJP, go try to find the girl again in one of the 3 tunnels, rescue her, hit JP, and then SJP again. If you can get two SJPs during the same multiball, you're looking at a score of close to a billion, depending how much you've advanced your multiplier in the whirlpool. I think I have doubled up the SJP in the same multiball maybe once or twice in 13 years of owning this pin.

1 month later
#325 9 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

How to those compare to mylar when it time to remove them? Are they any easier????

They are precision cut, so they just sit on the playfield. No adhesive. They're much thicker than mylar. Also, unlike mylar, they don't create a dull finish. The playfield protector gives a clearcoat-like appearance.

I put on on my cftbl and I'm pleased with it. I did some playfield touch-up but wasn't looking to strip the underside and do a full clear-coat, so the playfield protector was the ideal solution for me.

There's a big thread on this here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-protector-full-sheet-plastic

3 weeks later
#351 9 years ago

Speaking of high scores, last week my CFTBL did a factory reset for no reason when I turned it on, and I lost my 3+ year high score of 3.8 Billion.

And then the base on the ball guide on top of the two left snack bar targets broke off. When I went to remove it, I then discovered that my supposedly "unbreakable" plastic protector under my K-I-S-S plastic had split in half.

Sigh.

So I cleaned the battery terminals (the batteries are just a few months old), bought a new plastic protector set to replace the one broken piece, and took the ball guide to the welder to fix. The parts are replaceable, but the high scores aren't.

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Do you have the reinforced scoops from Pinbits? With those, you don't have to worry about snapping those plastics.

Reinforced scoops? If we're talking about the same thing I think I got 'em. I did install new scoops with slightly thicker/heavier duty metal. They're pretty sturdy.

To be honest, I have no idea why the plastic broke, but it did break right on top of the scoop.

2 weeks later
#372 9 years ago
Quoted from jimmyb:

I am in need of the ball guide that is above the left snack bar targets. From targets to left ramp. I just finished a restore job on my creech and used the original guide that was repaired. Well 12 games in and it broke! I have a beautiful like new creech but can't play it. Can anyone out there help me?

Same thing happened to me. I asked for help here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-part-wanted-1

And also griped about it at the top of this very page in this thread.

What I ended up needing to do was take the part to a welder and asked them to TAG weld the tab back on. They did a good job and it's holding up. It looks like the patch job you had on there was pretty half-assed... pic looks like JB weld or some sort of resin.

#375 9 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Yeah, welding it would be least expensive way to go. Not to be the welding police but it's actually a TIG weld you need for thin stainless steel. Stands for Tungsten Inert Gas. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tig_welding
It would also not be hard for a sheet metal mechanic to duplicate a new one. Probably cost you shop minimum ($150 to $300 just a guess).
If you are a DIY kind of guy, this would be the perfect time to pick up a TIG welder from Harbor Freight and learn how to weld!

TIG, TAG, Toe!

My bad.

1 month later
#428 9 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

I anyone did the LCD mod and has the hologram motors sitting around I'd be willing to buy them. Both of mine are shot and I'd like to get a better bulb in there and get him moving again.

Quoted from YKpinballer:

I need a hologram if anyone has a spare for a reasonable price. Not paying anywhere near $400 USD

I think I've still got a motor, lamp assembly and a blue-green hologram that I have no use for. If interested PM me and I'll dig through my box o' spare parts and see what's in there.

#429 9 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

I anyone did the LCD mod and has the hologram motors sitting around I'd be willing to buy them. Both of mine are shot and I'd like to get a better bulb in there and get him moving again.

Found 'em. Check your PMs.

IMG-20150206-00050.jpgIMG-20150206-00050.jpg

2 months later
#478 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

My pride and joy:
20140120_195853.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

nice touch on the bottom of the legs.

1 month later
#503 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I once bought his FILM decal only and returned it, little differences and colours wrong and didn't line up...

Same exact thing here. You could tell the lines were from a scan -- weren't as smooth as the original, so the decal didn't cut it for making a faithful reproduction.

8 months later
#725 8 years ago
Quoted from vilant:

I thought you could sand them to bring them back to life. Remember someone here did it. Thought they used an abrasive polish and sanding with fine paper, like 2000-3000.

Combi wheel!

#727 8 years ago
Quoted from Joely-Boy:

Thanks for the feedback guys but unfortunately the ball guide in question isn't just dirty, it has somehow been bent and the post that it's secured with through the playfield is broken off altogether..
The pic I attached was just to show the ball guide I was describing, it was from another Creech machine that I had.
Cheers Joel

Maybe go to a metalworker? One of my ball guides broke, but I took it to a welder who fixed it for $20 bucks.

8 months later
#1112 7 years ago

I LoL'd at this video of the Creech on a rampage.

(Link NSFW due to naughty language.)

4 years later
#4163 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Im shopping out my game and have found a broken lane guide and for the life of me I can’t find a replacement. Has anybody possibly come across a replacement or a cross reference for this part?
[quoted image]

That happened to me a few years ago...couldn't find a replacement part. If you can't find a replacement you can try what I did...I took the piece to a local welder who TIG welded the little "feet" bracket back on. It worked well and I didn't have any problems afterwards with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
€ 24.00
$ 45.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gwarrior.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome?tu=gwarrior and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.