Topic Stats

• 2,865 posts
  • 342 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Juzz
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 936 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

creature-main (resized).jpg
IMG_2159 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_2160 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_2154 (resized).jpg
IMG_2155 (resized).jpg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpg
IMG_2157 (resized).jpg
IMG_2158 (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).JPG
ball_tracks (resized).jpg
20200319_195050_copy_1024x1820 (resized).jpg
20200319_195104_copy_1024x576 (resized).jpg
row 5 (resized).png
ground short (resized).png
20190825_130702 (resized).jpg
20190923_135919 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#743 4 years ago
Quoted from Wescobar:

I used the BriteCaps Evo with teal caps available here: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3624
I wired each cap into the opposing orange lightning bolt so they would light up in attract mode or any other modes where the bolts are active. The Evo caps can be set to flash when the pops fire giving a nice effect and the intensity of the light is adjustable. They really light up a typically dark part of the game and I think the caps fit nicely given the bubbles in the PF art. Install is relatively easy except for the fact that you have to remove the ramps. It's worth it to take the time to clean up the PF and replace the rubber while you're in there. You can also replace the orange star posts with teal if that's your style. You'll probably have some mylar in there too that can be replaced if it's looking a little beat. You can remove it using the freeze spray method pretty easily. If you don't have mylar there, consider adding a sheet.

NooG6HG_(resized).jpg8Z3YRit_(resized).jpg

Wescobar - Man that looks great. Did you use the cool white BriteCaps Evo? I'd also like to know what color leds you used in a few spots. Did you use purples under the slings and under the ramp near the snackbar?

#755 4 years ago

Those alternate back glasses are very nice but how would they incorporate the sequential lights on the back panel behind the word "Creature"? Would probably have to remove them? Just curious.

#769 4 years ago

Funny, i just did the same thing with mine behind the logo. Nice effect I think.

1 year later
#1640 2 years ago

Me too!

2 months later
#1824 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Just to let everybody knows that the original nice used translite is still available!

How much is it shipped to the states?

9 months later
#2297 1 year ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I used this without the glass shelf for my creech topper. I even wired up the headlights to flash during move your car too
amazon.com link ยป

I picked mine up in a gift shop. Not wired up but I love the look.

IMG_0971 (resized).jpgIMG_0973 (resized).jpgIMG_0970 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#2409 11 months ago
Quoted from saucerman:

I always thought it was just me that had this problem...it seems more and more prevalent (age related?). I talked to Mike to see maybe if it was the rPi and if I could move to a new version of the rPi but he says no. So now I keep an extra formatted SD card in my machine and then reformat the one that goes bad - a viscous cycle.
But still one of the best mods out there....

Hi All - My Creech has the Mike D mod. I've had it for several years but when I powered it up this morning, the mod won't boot. When I first turned the machine on, I saw the "Please Wait" message flash on the TV screen (which is normal) but then a few seconds later there is just several lines of computer jargon that stays on the screen (see the pic attached). That's all that happens. Does the SD card need to be reformatted (not that I know how to do that) or ? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

IMG_1401 (resized).jpg

#2411 11 months ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I believe that is what I had to do when mine did this years ago. Maybe the best thing to do is to contact MikeD and let him walk you thru it--which is what I did. He is really a super nice guy.

Thanks for the reply Billy16. Do you have any contact information for Mike? I'm not sure he is still on pinside. Thanks again.

#2413 11 months ago
Quoted from NPO:

Oh he is..... I am away from home, but trust me. He is here

Ok great. I sent him a PM. Thank you.

#2419 11 months ago
Quoted from drummermike:

You will probably have to reformat your SD card. I did mine over twice.

How do I do this? Thanks

#2421 11 months ago
Quoted from That_Pin_Dude:

On a PC, install BalenaEtcher or Win32DiskImager. Take the USB off of the Raspberry Pi that is part of the Mike D. mod and put it into a USB port on your PC. Copy the contents of the USB drive to your hard drive so you have a backup for the future. Remove the USB drive from your PC. In the backup copy, go to the Extras folder and you will see a CFTBL.img file. Use that img file to rewrite the SD card using BalenaEtcher or Win32DiskImager.
There is a older copy of Win32DiskImager in the Extras folder if you can't download it.

Thanks for the help That Pin Dude. I'm following until the rewriting the SD card using BalenaEtcher or Win32DiskImager part. Will it walk me through this and how is it getting to the SD card? Sorry for my unbelievable ignorance about this.

#2423 11 months ago

It will be obvious, as you have to select where the image is to be written to (which media device).

There is a slot for the SD card on the PC? Sorry and thanks again.

#2427 11 months ago

Like drummermike said, if your PC doesn't have an SD card reader built in, you need to get an adapter. Try doing a search on Amazon for: "SD/SDXC TF USB 2.0 Card Reader Adapter".

Actually just got a chance to look at my PC and there is a card reader built into it! Happy days!

2 months later
#2512 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Does someone have any spare plastics? I need a couple pieces, but not a whole set
I need the snack bar, the plastic to the right of the right ramp under the standup sign, and the playground with the swing set. Thanks!

I might have these including a clear protector for the snack bar plastic. I'll check and PM you later today.

2 months later
#2624 6 months ago

Please put me down for one. Thanks

1 month later
#2720 4 months ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Just instaleld my mirror backglass. Its amazing!! Anyone know where i can get this topper[quoted image]

Check with Cointaker. Do you have MikeD's holo mod in your machine? If you do, you won't be able to to connect the topper as it utilizes the same connectors on the driver board that the holo mod does.

4 weeks later
#2754 3 months ago

Finally got to install my reed switch a couple days ago. Great mod that works perfectly.

1 month later
#2810 41 days ago

I've got an unused LED tail light speaker panel mod (by Jeff Thompson) for sale in the marketplace for anyone interested.

#2823 36 days ago

Have a Cadillac topper in the marketplace for your Creech. - SOLD
IMG_0971 (2) (resized).jpgIMG_1985 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_1986 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_1989 (1) (resized).jpg

1 month later
#2864 1 day ago

Selling a 7 inch tall ceramic Pop Corn box piggy bank that would make an excellent topper or part of a topper for a Creech pin. $25 shipped. (Sorry that it's displayed on an IJ back box... just wanted to give an idea of scale.) PM if interested.
IMG_2160 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_2155 (resized).jpgIMG_2157 (resized).jpgIMG_2159 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_2158 (resized).jpgIMG_2156 (resized).jpgIMG_2154 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cairo, CAIRO GOVERNORATE
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Arlington, VA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside