IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6280 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cadmium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2482 4 years ago

Are replacements available for the ramp boards? I’m fixing up a recent CFTBL purchase.

Two lamps were out on a segment of the mini ramp light board. I jumpered them from lamps on the same board that were working and they came on. This worked so I figured an easy solution would be to solder a wire between the good and the bad lamps. Now all four lamps that don’t come on. They are still out after removing the soldered jumper wire.

I’ve tested the transistors on the chase lamp board and they all seem okay. These four lamps will come on if I jumper them from working lamps on the same board.

1 month later
#2582 4 years ago

Earlier this year I got a CFTBL with a functioning hologram mechanism (lamps+motors) but a completely faded hologram.
Thank y'all pinsiders who has shared different ideas and posts on hologram fixes.
I've combined a lot of those and have the following working in my machine.

I first laser etched an image of the creature on 1/4" acrylic at the public library.

LAZERS!LAZERS!

I had to bend the bottom of the existing hologram frame wider to accommodate LED strips on the bottom.
I've removed the existing hologram and plate and will leave the motor disconnected.

IMG_6169 (resized).JPGIMG_6169 (resized).JPG

The 12V halogen lamp was moved to the front of the light baffle in the cabinet for accessibility.

IMG_6175 (resized).JPGIMG_6175 (resized).JPG

I bought 2 matrix kits from Comet pinball for 12V. There's an adapter that fits in the 12V lamp socket in the game.

12V lighting strip

IMG_6176 (resized).JPGIMG_6176 (resized).JPG

The 12V green LED strips are positioned so light shines upward through the acrylic.
The existing frame has holes the wiring can feed through.

IMG_6340 (resized).JPGIMG_6340 (resized).JPG

I used Comet's matrix wiring to connect the 2 LED strips via a long wire to the lamp.

IMG_6341 (resized).JPGIMG_6341 (resized).JPG

The parts for all this run under $30, maybe less.

IMG_6399 (resized).JPGIMG_6399 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#2681 4 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

Thats True.
I actually changed the switch to a new one.
And tried some different numbers of washers and got it to do 3 loops.
And thats just perfect.
I really dont want to do 8 loops. Thats not how it was made to do.
And in competion that would be not good.

I made a reed switch, then fixed mine by leveling the bowl with washers. 3-4 switch hits is what I get now. I never installed the reed switch.

2 weeks later
#2705 4 years ago

I've custom designed, printed and hand painted hot dog switch covers.
They look and fit great on many games. I am selling sets(2) for $20.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87385<= More pics

CFTBL-Hotdog (resized).jpegCFTBL-Hotdog (resized).jpeg
6 months later
#3024 3 years ago

Hello fellow Creech enthusiasts! I wanted to share with you all our latest design of snack food for CFTBL.
Items are available for individual purchase or as a kit. On with the show!

Snack Attack Kit

Creature snack attack kit pic.jpgCreature snack attack kit pic.jpg
1 month later
#3094 3 years ago

I recently redesigned the acrylic edge lit solution I put in my machine around a year ago. This new kit we are selling is a big improvement over my original design and is very easy to install. I keep selling out of them because it's tough to source acrylic right now. I did have some come in yesterday and have a couple of kits available for sale now.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1256-upkick-pinball/03836-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-hologram-replacement-kit

0D336B18-B715-4373-A414-1CF7A7C51536 (resized).jpeg0D336B18-B715-4373-A414-1CF7A7C51536 (resized).jpeg
#3095 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Wow! Thanks for all the responses guys. I didn't think there were still this many options out there. My hologram is actually green, but I don't find it has the 'punch' that I remember from back in the 90's playing it an arcade. I remember it being more bright and eye catching.
That edge-lit engraving looks incredible. I'll have to look into that more. Does anyone have a review or YouTube video that they did up for it?

I added a quick video of mine. I'll do a longer one during multi-ball later since the K-I-S-S one is brief.

#3097 3 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

I added a quick video of mine. I'll do a longer one during multi-ball later since the K-I-S-S one is brief.

Here's a longer video capture during multi-ball. The acrylic is stationary in the custom bracket.

3 weeks later
#3184 3 years ago

I applaud the MRS switch and even messed with making a reed switch awhile back. What I didn't like was getting 10+ switch hits. I went back to the mechanical switch which registers 3-4 hits after leveling the bowl. It just personal preference and challenge tolerance but what kind of switch counts are y'all getting with the MRS?

4 months later
#3351 3 years ago

You can reposition it too if you enjoy hotdogs.

hotdog3 (resized).jpghotdog3 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#4488 1 year ago

I appreciate the kind words from people who have purchased our hologram replacement kit.
We love pinball and love helping people with their games.
We've just completed another run and have some CFTBL Hologram replacement kits available on our website.

https://www.upkickpinball.com/store/p70/Creature_From_The_Black_Lagoon_Hologram_Replacement_UpKick_Kit.html

Thank y'all for the interest and let me know if you have any questions.

holo3 (resized).jpegholo3 (resized).jpeg

#4498 1 year ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Anyone know where I can get a color dmd for creature? Everywhere seems to be out. Also where do you get your mirror blades?
Just ordered the upkick replacement holo!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have these blades on mine and think they fit the art superbly.

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-gameblades

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 24.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
$ 27.95
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cadmium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome?tu=cadmium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.