Pinside_forum_7997581_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9310 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4652 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1306 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1962 5 years ago

He Said he picked it up free from a warehouse, he never mentioned that there was anyone there to see him Take it! lol Great find and an unreal score on a great title!

1 month later
#2008 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Countless hours were spent developing the programming. The delays aren’t attributed to the RPi, but rather the pinball machine trigger signals. Originally we had the MOD responding faster, almost 2x as fast. However, that resulted in false trigger conditions, meaning videos would often played when they shouldn’t. We decided to compromise the start times in exchange for ensuring the right videos were always played.

I think All appreciate the countless hours that went into development and I’m sure I’m not the first to,ask but do you intend to ever offer this mod again or is this just done? I see the nice website and it appears you successfully worked out the bugs but if it will never again be offered some like myself would like to move on and loose hope that this could return. I for one will be standing in line should you consider to make these again or at least tease us with the consideration to offer this again.

3 weeks later
#2049 5 years ago

With all the Blue Creech's out there I was curious to see if anyone ever tried using a transparent color correction lens (green) over the actual hologram? The are rather thin and used in the photography industry to mask/correct projection colors. As you would be putting the thin sheet directly on the output image (IE the Creech himself) I wondered if that would at the very least bring him back a bit. Anyone ever try this? The sheets are only 5$ and fairly easy to cut. Curious....

Lens's like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-12-Inches-Transparent-Correction-Different/dp/B01CCIKB5Q/ref=sr_1_1

2 weeks later
#2071 5 years ago

I love CFTBL but I fear it hates me... No sooner do I get to finally see the Creech and a multi-ball and its drain city. Dam you creech!

1 week later
#2126 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

So im curious. Whats the best way to get the most spins on the bowl. Mines lucky to get 1 maybe 2 letters
[quoted image]

Poor advice but I have always had good luck with a waxed bowl, waxed playfield, and timed strong nudging think Tilt-a-Whirl. lol Nice work on the powdercoat. I am going more black with a hint of green moondust to keep it dark this week. Such a beautiful game. Granted it's tough as nails to play certain days.....

#2133 5 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

That's amazing looking powder coat! Is that a special powder or special process, or both? I bet a hammered finish pink would look sweet too! (My wife loves her Creech!)

I want to Assume this suggestion was made tongue in cheek but just in case, Say NO to any thought of making your Creech Pink!!! This has been a public service demand. Thank you.

#2147 5 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Haha, so you're saying purple powder coated armor then?!
Mine already has the pink cadillac car mod in it on the kiss shot.

Lol, No issues there have the cool Pink Cadillac myself. Just Not the complete cabinet legs, Lockbar, rails, etc in Pink. That would make even the Creech sad.

#2159 5 years ago

Tailight mod isnt exactly plug n play. You gotta earn this awesomeness
[quoted image]

SO completely agree! While I enjoyed the end result this was by Far the worst mod installation I have ever done. It did help a bit using a hair dryer to slowly soften and work the mastic off but no easy challenge on this one. End result was great and worth the sweat and cussing.

#2162 5 years ago

Did you get the mirror deluxe. Got a picture? Worth the investment

In my opinion (I have the chrome version) yes it is Way easier to install as there is no mastic but while it looks great it is a Very subtle mod. You really have to look at it to even see a difference. Is it worth it? If you can find one sure but I wouldn't hold out hunting for one again personally.

#2165 5 years ago

Anyone got an OCD LED board installed? I find the gi to be kinda eh with leds

I installed one. Made a big difference in my opinion. This game has to many fade effects to not have it. Not as amazing as LOTR was but worth the investment. This is a tough upgrade to pull as the cost is prohibitive yet for some titles it’s a must. I love it.

#2171 5 years ago

Lol your addicted like my self lol. It says on their site that the chase board will always be lit if you get the GI one. Is that what you have?

I never opt for the GI one as most games including this one the GI is on constant 90% of the time. I use the standard insert OCD on most of my titles that need it. CV, LOTR, TZ, CFTBL, are all a must in my opinion. Below is a link to what I bought with some pretty clear rubbers to let the light out.

http://www.cometpinball.com/WPC-LED-OCD-Board-p/ledocdwpc.htm

1 month later
#2224 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

KInda off joined the club. Good friend picked up a good looking Creech with a green hologram today. Gonna enjoy it many hours at his home.
Let the modding begin
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on a great looking fun game! Can't tell if your both smiling cause you got a CFTBL or that it actually fit in that car! lol

2 weeks later
#2252 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Let´s go with another scanned (300 dpi) and restored artworks from pinball machine: Time for translite!
"Creature From The Black Lagoon Pinball translite" (BALLY) scanned at 300 dpi and restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon.%20Restored%20Mikonos1.jpg
Details in "Creature From The Black Lagoon translite" for BALLY pinball. Scanned at 300 dpi and restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon.%20Restored%20Mikonos2.jpg
[quoted image][quoted image]
*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.
Regards

Sorry I see these posts everywhere and never understand. Im slow. Are you selling these or just scanning them?? Is this licensed work or just showing you can do it. Do you have a website?

#2254 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Yes, I have a website about pinball and arcade hobbies for fans. You can see it with my nick in screencaptures. I wrote/write tutorials, videotutoriales, manufacturings, etc. All about these hobbies!
https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net
I do it for challenge, for entertaiment, for preservation and for helping some people. I explaned it here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos
Regards

So then I guess I do understand. From what you provided you do not offer these for sale. You do not make or share them with others. So why do you promote these on each game thread then? To show you can scan others art work? Seems like someone Else was the artist no?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2256 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Thanks for asking!
Share my restoration gimme the possibility to get feedback, opinions, improvement suggestions and new challenges.
Regards

IF I understand you. Yes, I suspect if you shared your creations people would provide feedback and suggestions. I think thats what you are saying anyway.

1 month later
#2282 5 years ago

Only if you have a leak in your roof above the game.

#2288 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Looking at purchasing a Creature. Can someone explain the hologram to me, did this come with the machine originally and they just wear out or are they a mod that someone adds to it?

One of the games unique stock features was a 3D hologram of the creature the activates during mode. Unfortunately the hologram in time would slowly fade to blue (Creech not cool in blue...) and eventually black as the image dies. A few have made a mod that basically replicates the basic effect using a monitor to replace the old hologram image piece. While not 3D like the original it does add additional animation effects which adds value though this mod seems very hard to find. Planetary Pinball still sells repro original holograms though expensive and I can’t vouch for their longevity. Hope this answers your questions.

#2294 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

slightly blurry? yes

Does depend on what and how much you are drinking though. Yes it can be blurry.

2 weeks later
#2312 5 years ago
Quoted from dwightheinink:

Getting my hands dirty on this beauty!
Does anyone know good stuff to fix the ball tracks in the ramps?...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A good cleaning with novus 2 and a delicate flame polish and they will look new again. Just watch the heat!!!

1 week later
#2327 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I’m looking for a tailight mod like the one Thompson made. If anyone has one they aren’t going to use send me a pm. Happy New Year

I believe the maker sells them on EBay. That’s where I found mine. Looks great.

1 year later
#2797 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Got a few orders in for more bowl MRS' - so I'm whipping up some black ones - PM me if interested![quoted image]

First off Way awesome upgrade and the quality is top notch!!! Thank you. Installed as noted but at random times now during game play the MRS switch is triggering? I cleaned the bowl real well before install but still randomly triggers during game play. Is there something to adjust or simply something that happens. Not a huge issue just odd to hear it now.

#2799 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Depends on where you installed it...can you share a pic...also I know you indicated random, but did you notice any pattern at all? If you can, go to test mode - tap on the bowl, wave the pinball around it - see if you can find a pattern.....one thing I've worked on is tuning the sensitivity down some - you always want to go 'to 11' it seems when you build something but yours may be too sensitive....if it still persists - just shoot me a PM (you have my address) - and I'll swap you another one for yours.....

No worries. Yes its completely random no rhyme or reason. Very minor observation but looking at the posted photos compared to mine the black fill (stuff?) on mine has pockets where its not fully filled in. Can I just put some epoxy in them to reduce the sensitivity? Mine is install directly below the ramp flange horizontal as shown in the pics.

#2801 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

The potting material is irrelevant to the sensitivity - its' simply there to hold everything in, insulate and protect.....it doesn't have to be completely filled....sensitivity is a little more tricky to adjust for the end user (you have to have the parts...)....
Dave, what pics are you referring to? Is it below where the original Cherry was...over by the whirlpool wire ramp or by the wire ramp that dumps the ball to the right inlane?

I'll just PM you. Really not a huge deal still Love it!

1 month later
#2878 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

New Baffle, old Baffle. Nothing like a 3D printer on hand to solve problems like this
[quoted image]

Looks awesome. And for those that don't have a 3D printer Scott D has been offering these (3d printed) from Pinball Life for some time and will say they look great!

https://www.pinballlife.com/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-backbox-light-baffle.html

#2880 3 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Try your local library. Some have 3D printers you can use.

Agreed but as he sells them for less then $20 to generate revenue for the employees of PinballLife sometimes the simple solution is the best lol.

1 month later
#2994 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

So I measured my posts and I have a feeling one or both where replaced at some point as mine are 1 1/8”.
Also I noticed my was intact cockeyed on the old bowl, and it’s clear because one of the mounting tabs on the bowl is bent down and the bottom of the bowl has indentions on that same side from the bulb sockets.
So I ordered some various sized hex spacers to do a test [quoted image]

If it’s a 1/16” short why not just add a single 1/16” washer?

1 month later
#3065 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I hope it happens for the designer, he has put a lot of time into it. After 3 plus years I have lost interest and will probably not purchase one.

Sadly feel the same. My concern is it seems to be headed To far from what it needed to be. It was originally conceived as a bonus attraction now it’s almost a continuous motion art show. The Mike D version seemed much more balanced and less distracting in my opinion.

3 weeks later
#3157 3 years ago
Quoted from Juzz:

CREACH HOLOGRAM VIDEO MOD - in stock - BE FAST THESE WILL SELL OUT.

At Last I've done a new batch up. PM for details they usually sell out quick.
Creature From The Black Lagoon Pinball Hologram Mod CFTBL
Please note the Video on YouTube is in standard Definition and is HD when purchased.
This great mod full colour mod replaces the tired old blue or faded Hologram for CFTBL and adds a great deal more in visual appeal whilst not interfering with the game play.
Add more value to your CFTBL without the huge cost of other aftermarket hologram mods.
I have designed this, so it works with a tablet that fits exactly on top of the mirror.
It is full colour and has transitions that are easy on the eye & doesn’t affect gameplay.
While the mod is not synched in with the play you would swear it was. In some instances, the timing is perfect.
While the video Mod does play continuously it is not showing all the time, with timely clips much like the Hologram which comes on with The Film feature.
There are nice watery transitions that blend well, so it doesn’t detract from gameplay
Features:
Green Hologram image (much like the original)
Full clips from the Original Movie
Tasteful transitions and image morphs
Rare Flyer & Poster art transitions
Movie Promo
Adult feature Creature parody.
Please note Pics are a bit hazy due to glass on & hologram plastic glass being lacquered, much better in real life.
It's also for sale here > ebay.com link[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Could you film this In the game to show how it actually looks from the player view? What’s up with the sound lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome?tu=Yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.