IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rascal_H.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 10 years ago

Want the color dmd so bad... but my hologram is so awful. Choices choices.

1 year later
#605 8 years ago

Really wish there was a good repro hologram :/

#608 8 years ago

Anyone have trouble with direct hits to the snack bar being rejected? I think it's from the deflector loosening up over time. Anyone tried replacing the deflector with the pinbits replacement?

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_6&products_id=400

1 year later
#1451 6 years ago

Cool image Alex...wonder if that is available as a print somewhere.

Having issue with snackbar. Getting a lot of rejects from good shots to the scoop. I know its blasphemy... but should I remove the cliffy? Maybe the metal scooop needs to be bent or replaced?wonderug if people have had a similar issue.

7 months later
#1846 6 years ago

Just got the super jackpot for the first time after owning this game for 5 years.... and in the first ball! Lol Adrenaline rush!!

Love this game! (I know the score isn’t that great)

D79C3A0D-BA9B-4DFE-83CC-E0F6739CDC17 (resized).jpegD79C3A0D-BA9B-4DFE-83CC-E0F6739CDC17 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#1895 6 years ago

So close to a billion for the first time!

So when you get 3X everything in Multiball does that include super jackpot? This game was twice as high as my previous GC score hah

C8602FB1-EEC2-48B4-9484-AD4B80CB221D (resized).jpegC8602FB1-EEC2-48B4-9484-AD4B80CB221D (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1899 6 years ago

Do you guys wax your game? Do you go right over the window?

#1901 6 years ago

Novus 1 is a good cleaner but I don’t know if it does anything for protection. I might remove the window and wax. Then reinstall the window.

1 week later
#1914 6 years ago

How many switch hits should I get when the ball swirls the bowl? Currently getting 3.

3 weeks later
#1956 5 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Picked it up for free!!!! 15 years in a warehouse!!!!

Whoa, it’s like someone handing you 5 grand. Congrats!

#1967 5 years ago

I’ve had mine filled with LED in the past. I think I still have a couple in there. Nothing beats bulbs if you ask me.

#1973 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

The only reason I would ever leave incandescent bulbs in a game was if I was not going to keep it, and or I did not care about possibly damaging the inserts ( or wire of this discussion was only GI related). Leds operate at a significantly cooler temp, and Lower turnover all Voltage demand as well. There are many advantages to leds over the appearance.
And if anyone is concerned about losing the nice fading behavior of incandescent bulbs ocd led solves that. My 2 cents

Eh, maybe on a location you would have to worry. The games were made to use bulbs. If it can’t handle them the game needs repair. If you’re burning inserts the bulbs are too close or you’re leaving your game on too long.

1 week later
#1979 5 years ago

How rarely do you see the Peeping Tom video mode? I saw it tonight and I had forgotten about it’s existence.., and I’ve owned the game for years! So funny.

1 month later
#1990 5 years ago

You just have to ask? I want one too! Lol

#1992 5 years ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

Has anyone heard any rumors of some one doing another lcd video mod for CFTBL?

This one?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development

You’re brain will hurt if you try to follow along with that one.

#1999 5 years ago

I’d be mad if my Creech came with a laptop screen instead of an original hologram. Just wish there was suitable green replacements that didn’t cost a fortune.

1 month later
#2129 5 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Not to rub it in lol but I’m very lucky I get 5 or 6 spins per shot I’m scared to touch the bowl in case I move it lol. I do regularly polish the PF with Mr Sheen maybe that helps.

That’s an awesome amount of spins but I wouldn’t use that cleaner!

#2142 5 years ago

I can’t picture what this reed switch looks like to make it better

#2145 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

It's a sealed assembly that contains a reed switch and a magnet. Essentially a "metal sensor".
https://www.marcospecialties.com//images/products/20-10293/large.jpg

Oh wow, cool. Thanks l!

1 month later
#2207 5 years ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

Nice! Anyone else getting their shot rejected (frequently) at the snack bar? Sometimes I shoot a clean shot into the snack bar and I get a clank type noise and the ball comes rolling back out. I can't see anything interfering with the ball. Anyone have any kind of fix for this?

Lower the scoop. Put washers underneath to drop the scoop a little or actually physically bed the top of the scoop down gently with your palm. Probably getting too much rattle. Lowering the hood reduces the space for the ball to bounce around and the energy is directed toward putting the ball in the hole.

10 months later
#2559 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I am very close to picking up this game
It’s a dream game for us
Only catch is the hologram is gone
Seller has informed me there is a mod coming out for it in September
Is this correct?
Anyone confirm?
Thanks

If it’s your dream game don’t let the hologram get in the way. It’s such a minor feature of the game. Though, I do wish mine wasn’t almost completely faded.

1 week later
#2584 4 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

Earlier this year I got a CFTBL with a functioning hologram mechanism (lamps+motors) but a completely faded hologram.
Thank y'all pinsiders who has shared different ideas and posts on hologram fixes.
I've combined a lot of those and have the following working in my machine.
I first laser etched an image of the creature on 1/4" acrylic at the public library.
[quoted image]
I had to bend the bottom of the existing hologram frame wider to accommodate LED strips on the bottom.
I've removed the existing hologram and plate and will leave the motor disconnected.
[quoted image]
The 12V halogen lamp was moved to the front of the light baffle in the cabinet for accessibility.
[quoted image]
I bought 2 matrix kits from Comet pinball for 12V. There's an adapter that fits in the 12V lamp socket in the game.

12V lighting strip

[quoted image]
The 12V green LED strips are positioned so light shines upward through the acrylic.
The existing frame has holes the wiring can feed through.
[quoted image]
I used Comet's matrix wiring to connect the 2 LED strips via a long wire to the lamp.
[quoted image]
The parts for all this run under $30, maybe less.
[quoted image]

I want this!

4 months later
#2776 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Got a few orders in for more bowl MRS' - so I'm whipping up some black ones - PM me if interested![quoted image]

Sent payment for my MRS! Hopefully can get more than two passes now lol (yeah, I stink at leveling the bowl).

#2781 4 years ago
Quoted from blaise08:

Hi all!
First time pinball owner here.
My boyfriend @rmerlo88 has always been interested in pinball machines, buying and selling them as a side project.
He came across a Creech about two months back and snapped it up as a forever game, in great condition and with very few faults.
We live in Perth, Western Australia, to put things into perspective the most isolated capital city in the world, so I'm always surprised how he can find pinballs in people's shed's untouched for 10+ years.
He's moved in to my apartment this month and Creech has moved out of the workshop and into my life and I'm in love! I'm a scuba diver and have always been into fashion from the 40s-50s so this machine resonates.
We've installed the LED hologram and last night went crazy buying a bunch of upgrades - led kit, tv mod, car mod, shooter lane led kit, cliffy protectors, a few replacement plastics, some pink rubber posts, and a replacement car playfield decal as our car has faded to blue.
Next on the wish list is Swinks' snack bar mod and the speaker light upgrade.. anyone willing to part with theirs?
The colour dmd looks amazing but will probably remain forever on the wishlist.
PS. Pics for attention.. here's me sneaking in a game before nightshift[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! Most people hold onto their Creechs once they get them. It’s a special game.

Facebook just reminded me of this picture of my collection from 7 years ago. The only game that remains is Creech.

C09D733B-353B-444F-9F54-4C7AFF2FFBD2 (resized).jpegC09D733B-353B-444F-9F54-4C7AFF2FFBD2 (resized).jpeg
#2791 4 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Does anyone know if the small bulbs for spiral ramp and bowl exist in LED form?

Yep!

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/86-led-bulbs

5D75CEDE-4114-440B-A94B-9A9D4DBDAF85 (resized).jpeg5D75CEDE-4114-440B-A94B-9A9D4DBDAF85 (resized).jpeg
#2792 4 years ago

Couldn’t help myself. Had to buy this beautiful new book from Easton Press. I think spfxted would appreciate it.

https://www.eastonpress.com/prod/769/3611/HORROR-CINEMA
9320CE4E-1ECA-446E-A3F3-4626DC8A5616 (resized).png9320CE4E-1ECA-446E-A3F3-4626DC8A5616 (resized).png

1 week later
#2796 4 years ago

New personal best. Will never stop loving this game.

3F161ACD-0E15-4209-8C8F-966F89F5530E (resized).jpeg3F161ACD-0E15-4209-8C8F-966F89F5530E (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#2847 4 years ago

I’ve done cool white and warm white. Then I realized nothing looks better than incandescent bulbs.

2 months later
#3045 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Collecting the super jackpot is still one of the best shots in pinball--always a big accomplishment.

Agreed. And the perfect mix of attainable/challenging.

1 year later
#4443 2 years ago

Hoping for some pointers on my sickly Creech.

Was playing and suddenly the colordmd went black and shut off. Now when I start game display is still black and ball popper coils fire in succession.

Maybe no power to opto board? I tried reseating all my connectors and ribbon cables.

I’ll keep messing around but hoping someone might have some tips.

Thanks!

#4450 2 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Your unregulated 12V is out. Check/replace F116 at the upper left corner of the power driver board.

Thanks! That was it. Replaced the fuse and it was working fine. Though on my second game I blew it again. During multiball when both balls were going crazy in the pops (not sure if that has anything to do with it). Maybe all the shaking is causing a short somewhere or something.

#4452 2 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

It’s likely blowing when the creature lamp kicks on during multiball. Some after market halogen lamps use more current than the factory lamp and can trigger the fuse. Also if you are running additional mods off 12V unregulated, the total current with the lamp may be too high.
There are low power LED replacements for the lamp that can usually resolve the issue wothout the need to add an external supply.

Thanks very much!

Aside from the ColorDMD, I have a “move your car” Cadillac lighted mod. I also added some LED to the pop caps that are ponied off GI.

I don’t care so much about the hologram feature as it’s faded to all hell... so I disconnected the lamp and mirror motor.

Seems ok now but would like to reenable the hologram at some point. Just hate having the game down since playing it is a nightly ritual.

1 week later
#4464 1 year ago

Might try to attach this Gillman light to the mirror motor in place of my burnt out hologram. Somehow figure out how to have it come on when multiball active. Like tied to the hologram light... probably with a resistor added.

Has it been done already?

D1F5ECD3-D94D-4E31-ACE1-0BDA2B0D32E2 (resized).jpegD1F5ECD3-D94D-4E31-ACE1-0BDA2B0D32E2 (resized).jpeg

#4477 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

I just installed this from Upkick Pinball
Love it. Simple and works
https://www.upkickpinball.com/store/p70/Creature_From_The_Black_Lagoon_Hologram_Replacement_UpKick_Kit.html#/
[quoted image]

Nice work! Thanks for the info. Will get one.

EDIT: Darn, sold out

1 week later
#4493 1 year ago

Looks great! For some reason I’ve alway wanted to put gold blades in mine. I like the combo of green and gold and I still use incandescent bulbs so I think the warm how would reflect nicely.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

€ 24.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 27.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rascal_H.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome?tu=Rascal_H and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.