IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6280 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manny65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2007 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I have a feeling that the version under development will run into the same trigger timing issues.

From the various posts I've read, I believe (happy to be corrected) is that the controller board in the version under development will capture status of both pinball matrix, inputs for all switches and outputs for any bumper, flasher, lamps, motor, etc. If triggering from the inputs (I believe MikeD's worked off outputs) it would avoid the false trigger conditions that Mike has talked about previously (eg every lamp in the game blinks when an extra ball is awarded - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-cftbl-lcd-hologram-mod-version-20/page/10#post-3591652).

That said I'm sure they'll encounter various issues ...

5 months later
#2286 5 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

gorgar1 The green looks fantastic,but if I may say , look at getting a B/W coin door.The game deserves it.

Gorgar1 It is a B/W coin door as they had various door suppliers and models - this one was used for certain countries. Here are the part numbers and which countries they went to specifically for Creech

B/W# 09-45000-1 Belgium
B/W# 09-45000-2 England
B/W# 09-45000-3 France

http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_Grey_16-9562-A/index.html#/624

3 months later
#2376 5 years ago

Great job on the topper mate - looks awesome!

2 weeks later
#2393 5 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Hey guys, I picked up this mod in Texas over the weekend. Don't have a clue what it is or how it works or what it hooks up to other than the obvious. Anyone have this? Has anyone hooked this up before? It looks all there. I'm sure I can figure it out but it would be awesome if someone has some installation instructions they could share with me. Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Haven't seen one like this before, but looks pretty straight forward - 2 power connections (one for the LCD and one for the Neon controller) and looks like there is something written on the blue labels for each of those connectors. Can you tell us what they say? The header connector will supply the power to the LCD but interested as to the wire orientation - can you take a photo of the which pins are being used? Believe they are powering the unit via the programming port (using one side of the 10 pin header) - see below ... so I'm assuming the connector will have red (5V) going to pin 1 and black (Gnd) going to pin 4 - right??

Once you have it running, I'd be interested in seeing a video of the image they are displaying

4dsystems (resized).PNG4dsystems (resized).PNG
3 months later
#2513 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Upon further inspection it appears that the ramp is activated in the up position but doesn’t go up very high. During test mode I noticed the ramp raises and lowers but only raises maybe a 1/16inch. Is there a way to adjust this ramp? Maybe if someone had a picture of this area from top and bottom of playfield I might notice something.

Can you manually move the ramp up and down? Does it move freely? Sounds like it is catching on something or the maybe you have a issue with the coil/sleeve/plunger

2 weeks later
#2541 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Fixed issue- from the bottom of the playfield where the solenoid is there are two screws holding the bracket to raise and lower ramp and mine was off. It can come loose and the bracket can come off. Put bracket back in place and tighten the screws down. Easy fix!
Alright I’ve had sometime to look at my Creature. For some reason the ramp doesn’t go all the way up. The lever doesn’t pull all the way forward to push the ramp up all the way. I manually pushed it forward and it clears the bottom ramp... The switch works and the solenoid works. Any thoughts? Some have a picture of this area?

What if you try moving the plunger manually - does it move easily and can you do the full range of movement? Could be the sleeve needs replacing or the plunger is burred from the coil stop and causing resistance; alternately if there is free movement of the plunger but it stops before reaching the coil stop then the linkages could be worn or the mech needs a small realignment

1 month later
#2608 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

due to a recent job loss, I have time and a few parts to do a small run of Snackbar Mods - pm if keen

Geez mate I hope all is ok! ... on the upside, I'm looking forward to seeing what new mod ideas you come with given the extra time on your hands

BTW anybody who hasn't checked out Swinks Snackbar Mod should take a look, certainly a winner in my eyes

1 week later
#2621 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

I have a question...is this MRS to take the place of the switch at the bottom of the bowl? Is that switch known to have issues?
Thanks!

Yes it replaces the switch on the edge of the bowl. While this switch doesn't normally have issues, swapping out the microswitch for a magnetic reed switch it allows the ball to freely travel around the bowl without being slowed by the switch actuator arm of the microswitch. Pretty cool and rewarding, as you get your jackpot multiplier max'd out quicker (spelling creature) and score bigger ...

1 month later
#2668 4 years ago

If anyone is replacing their translite with the new backglass and looking to off load the translite, I'm on the hunt for an original translite in excellent condition. Please let me know

Thanks
Brett

3 weeks later
#2712 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

I think you mean $269 backglass....Shipping to Australia is not part of the retail price......

The price was in Australian dollars, not US.
It was purchased from a local pinball parts retailer, so the cost of shipping from the US by the retailer is embedded into the local price.
We also have an embedded sales tax included in the retail price.
The price was rounded given it wasn't the main point being made, the actual price of these backglasses for us is $470

So not the cheapest of hobbies for us over here but we love it just the same

1 month later
#2765 4 years ago
Quoted from Marco1973:

Hi.
I'm searching the files to print the fuse list cart and the tech cart placed into the backbox.
The old one are really yellow.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Bally_Creature_From_The_Black_Lagoon_Tech_Chart.pdf

1 month later
#2816 4 years ago
Quoted from Marco1973:

Hi.
I and my wife (yes, she do it really with me) are restoring our creature; it's our first time, but Vid, Bryan Kelly and Matt Merfeld are really good teachers.
To do that I bougt a second creature (I know, I'm crazy) to help us because this one was really patched.
In this pin there are two "u form" round steel pieces between two holes (rounded in red) that are not present in the other pin; exactly under the flipper.
Could someone explain us why and for what are they used ?
What are the rounded steel pieces you can see over and under the playfield (rounded in green) ?
In the second pin they are not present.[quoted image][quoted image]

The 2 pins (highlighted in green) are for aligning the flippers. You can put something like a toothpick in the hole and set the flipper to rest its bottom edge on the toothpick.

I've not seen the holes highlighted in red previously on a CFTBL but suspect that they were used by wire ball guides to stop players from doing deathsaves on the machine. This was typically seen on earlier machines - the image below is an example of what it'd look like

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
3 weeks later
#2844 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Swapped over the gi from cool white to warm white tonight[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great - classic!!!

1 month later
#2969 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi Terry - I'm not following you about "rewiring inside the box." I'm suggesting just changing the expander power cord from the one provided with the loose wires on the end to one that has a regular plug (that I can plug into the service outlet in the machine rather than to a molex connector.) Sorry if I'm not understanding or stating my question clearly.

A few things to note:
- double check the expander board takes 120V input power (which is what I'm guessing you'll be using). The expander is from the UK where they run 230V, but most likely it'll have a power supply that can handle both input voltage
- Yes power cords can be interchanged as long as you've confirmed the above point
- The difference between connecting the expander to the molex connector compared to the service outlet, is that the service outlet is always powered regardless of whether the game is turned on or off. That said, you can change the wiring in the power box to have the service outlet only powered when the game is turned on but it will require some desoldering and soldering of wires.

Edit:

Just read back through the last page of posts
- looks like other people in the US are using this, so sounds like the 12v power supply handles the different input voltages (also since the manufacturer ships worldwide this would indicate that it's good for both)
- the last image in post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/59#post-5608713 shows the black 12v power supply so power cords are definitely interchangeable
- looks like your service outlet has already been changed to only power on with the game (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/59#post-5611537)

So grab the expander board and a power cord and you're good to go

#2982 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Your right Jady nothing behind there [quoted image]

Hey Pete

With the early WPC machines, the US domestic machines (and potentially those countries with 120V power) had service outlets wired into them, but foreign machines weren't (just had a filler grommet in the hole) because of the various power plugs used around the world and that the socket wasn't rated for 220-240V. Later on in the 90's B/W did put computer industry standard C14 power sockets (pictured below) into the service outlets - not sure if the domestic machines got these or their standard 120V socket.

C14 (resized).JPGC14 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#3042 3 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

The drive-in movie theme is absolutely timeless and the artwork for this game is the best. The long curly ramp that is available only during multi-ball is one of the best ramps in pinball.
Years ago when I saw that the multi-ball is only 2 balls I was initially a little disappointed, but now after owning a Creech for 9 years I can honestly say that the 2 ball multi-ball is amazing as it allows you to trap one ball on the left flipper and then shoot the big curly ramp to maximize the playfield multiplier thanks to the MRS on the Creech bowl provided by Pinsider sonic.
Gord

I know what you mean, really only 2 ball multiball ... but once you start playing you soon realise that even with 2 balls it's not that easy. On Creech I tend not to trap up but rather try to have one ball always up in the bowl (so it's safe and out of the way), then I continue to play through rescue, jackpot & super with the other ball

3 weeks later
#3111 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I just installed hot pink post rubbers today and like the look of. The game is going soon so just put white rubbers as had a set stashed away. I would like to put in a set of glow but will add a set of glows to Ghostbusters.
[quoted image]
here is the hex post setup on the bowl. who is say it is correct but this should help.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Like the hot pink posts Jady!!!

Looks like those hex posts could do with a nice tumbling

2 weeks later
#3186 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I stayed with the traditional switch as 9 or 10 Switch hits was abit much almost felt like cheating lol.

+1

That said I do like the MRS concept and look, also now with swinks new covers and decals ... but I feel that it changes the gameplay and reduces the challenge of getting the jackpot multiplier. Anyway each to their own, just enjoy it

2 weeks later
#3205 3 years ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

I'm shipping a creature from Washington state to California through Michelle Bianchi and STI. It has that giant, foam creature topper. What would be the best way to send the topper with the game without any damage to it?

Are you shipping the machine on a pallet or on it's legs?

If shipping the pin on it's legs (which I hear STI do) then boxing it and sitting on the top of the folded head might work - it just depends on the size as you don't want it hanging out over any of the edges of the pin. If on a pallet, I'd box it and see if you can put it with or on top of the upended pin and then wrap and protect both - again you need to make sure no parts are sticking out over the edges of the pallet. It is pretty big, so if can't sit on the top of pin due to it overhanging, then I'd recommend putting it in a wooden box/crate to ensure it isn't damaged.

#3212 3 years ago
Quoted from mjwilliams:

I just got Swinks’ Snack Bar mod and this thing looks phenomenal in person. I’d been wanting it for a while and jumped on it when I saw he was remaking them. Now if only I could have the same luck with the MikeD mod

Now you'll need to get on the list for https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-move-you-snackbar-a-lighting-mod-for-swinks-cftbl-snackbar by stumblor

1 month later
#3234 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

If you find one grab it. Changes the whole game.
[quoted image]

Looks cool - are you able to post a video of it in action, I've never played a Creech with one but heard it mentioned for years

1 week later
#3253 3 years ago
Quoted from Marco1973:

Could someone learn me a trick ?
If I've the two flipper coils FL-11629 and FL-11630 in the hand, without wraps ? How can I know which one is the 629 and which one is the 630 ?
I don't have to solve this problem, but I want to upgrade mi knowledge understanding the differences.

Measure the resistance of the coils (note flipper coils have 2 windings) and compare to the below table
Flipper Coils (resized).JPGFlipper Coils (resized).JPG

Here is a link to the resistance table for all pinball coils https://www.flippers.com/coil-resistance.html

1 week later
#3255 3 years ago
Quoted from AmishPinball:

This morning my machine worked fine. When I turn on my CFTBL this evening the speakers crackle and I get these errors and buttons have no power.
Any pointers to want could be the problem?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those errors aren't associated with a particular row or column

CFTBL Switch Matrix (resized).JPGCFTBL Switch Matrix (resized).JPG

I'd initially try reseating your cables

#3257 3 years ago
Quoted from AmishPinball:

I checked the cables but still got errors. I checked the fuses and ended up replacing F115, F901, and F902 and it resolved the errors.

Hhmm it blew 3 fuses, well that explains why there was no single correlation with the symptoms. Wondering though what caused all 3 to blow given it was fully working earlier in the day

1 week later
#3262 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I have one question: the right vertical ejector for letter "M" sometimes get stucks, ie the ball does not reach enough velocity to eject in the ramp and fall back in the ejector. And it does so in loop, quite annoying.
I checked the coil mechanism, and nothing seems out of the ordinary. So before I replace the coil completely, someone suggested that it might miss a small piece of rubber on top of the coil axis, where the ball sits, to increase slightly the height. Could someone send me a picture of this ejector so I can check whether it's missing on my unit ?

The manual will show you all the various parts (you can download the manual from https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=588)

Typically you don't need to replace coils however did you replace the coil sleeve (#11 in the diagram)? This can cause sluggish action

As to the ball popper cup (#8 in the diagram) here's some pics and suppliers
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8561
https://www.pinballshop.nl/playfield-parts/flipper-and-plunger/ball-popper-cup-williams-vuk-vertical-up-kicker-03-8561/?sl=en

CFTBL Slide Ball Popper (resized).JPGCFTBL Slide Ball Popper (resized).JPG
1 week later
#3268 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

The rebuild begins. This thing was a re-import, and I didn’t catch it until I got it home. This game has seen a lot of play...but will clean up nicely.
The backboard is damaged where the metal “lift ramp” screwed into it. Any ideas on how to fix it? Seems like wood filler would crumble.
Here’s a pic of the playfield after novus and a coat of wax. Getting there![quoted image][quoted image]

You could use an epoxy filler which is better at binding over a standard wood filler and would have the strength to be screwed into.

Alternatively replace the backboard (depending upon what tools you have available)

1 week later
#3270 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Thanks, I used kwikwood to fill the void. I haven’t drilled it yet for a screw, we’lol see how it holds up.
It doesn’t sand well, and it looks better in person. The game is players condition....so I’m not that concerned.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've used JB Weld metal epoxy in the past which is great, haven't tried their wood version. I think pre-drilling the screw hole is a good idea so not to stress/damage the filler and it's binding to the timber.

#3283 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

May I have a pointer to this new rom, and what it's supposed to bring?
Regards

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-williams-and-bally-software-upgrades

#3291 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Can someone elaborate on the Snack Attack bug?

This is from Tilt Forums however I haven't been able to reproduce it (so maybe the below procedure is not quite right however I have heard of this bug occurring):
The CFTBL snack attack bug is to start snack attack (typically 4 right ramps), do NOT collect it, then start multiball instead (helps to be lit before starting snack attack). In order for the bug to occur, you need to drain directly from multiball to bonus (actually I believe you can drain during the restart timer as well because modes are resurrected yet). On your next ball, snack attack will restart, with the hurryup value starting at ZERO. This causes an underflow to 9.999B, so you have to wait long enough that your score + hurryup doesn’t go back OVER 10B, otherwise you have basically subtracted points from your score.

#3314 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Is it just a matter of swapping chips over?

Hey mate, been a while. Believe Nino is looking to bring some chips in for us from PPS

#3322 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

So all with MikeD mod in, do not upgrade. I do not have that mod but also do not think why I should upgrade. Any reason?

It really depends whether you want any of the below fixes or enhancements:

Creature From The Black Lagoon
Revision 5.0

Summary

Broken features within the modes Multiball, Big millions, Snack attack and Move your car are fixed.
Random elements within the modes Multiball, Snack bar and Playgound can now be set to run in patterns.
Two new feature adjustments.
The never used left inlane scoring indicators now have a purpose.
Upgraded lamp procedure.

Improvements

Fully suitable for competition play.
Supports LED lamps.
No playfield indicators left for incomplete usage.

The detailed description for the above changes are here https://dotsandloopspinball.com/rn/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon%20rev%2050%20Release%20note.txt

#3325 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

^^ 100% why you should.

I guess the only reason "you should" would be if you run comps and want to throw CFTBL into the mix. However if you experience any of the existing bugs, or simply you want that latest and to try out the left inlane scoring then it could be enough for you to upgrade - I don't think the changes are ground breaking but it depends whether they are compelling to you.

#3328 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I have the Aussie LCD mod I wonder if the upgraded ROM isn’t suitable. I know the left inlane light does nothing but I wasn’t aware of the other bugs lol maybe just leave as is.

Hey Pete - what's connectors / lamps / flashers does the Aussie version connect up to?

#3333 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Hey guys a new Creature owner here, I just made a video on my new to me cftbl, Did some cool mods to it...please give it a watch!

Welcome to the club! Great video - well done

#3387 3 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Planetary are the only ones that do screened decals using the factory correct colours. The neon green can't be printed. If you're not bothered about having them be 100 percent correct colour wise (and depending on where you are) I would go with pinballdecals.eu

Very good to know - didn't realise anyone still did silkscreened decals

#3398 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

And agreed on the lack of “rainbow puke” on the Pinballbulbs kit for creech. I have their kits on my STTNG and TZ, and arguably they are “pukish”, ha ha, but I think they look great. Proud dad moment in this pic, but you can clearly see the difference between the kits.[quoted image]

Man I think it's time to redo the lighting in the STTNG and TZ ... feeling a bit pukish myself now

#3423 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Install the new Creech ROM tonight. Anyone else try it?
[quoted image]
Here are the full release notes.
Creature From The Black Lagoon
Revision 5.0
1 November 2020
Credits
Changes designed and implemented by Soren Worre.
Based on the revision L-4 software released in 1992 by Williams Electronics Games Inc.
The author would like to thank the designers of this pinball machine.
Special thanks to Jesper Graver.
Summary
Broken features within the modes Multiball, Big millions, Snack attack and Move your car are fixed.
Random elements within the modes Multiball, Snack bar and Playgound can now be set to run in patterns.
Two new feature adjustments.
The never used left inlane scoring indicators now have a purpose.
Upgraded lamp procedure.
Improvements
Fully suitable for competition play.
Supports LED lamps.
No playfield indicators left for incomplete usage.
Detailed changes description
Reference to the L-4 revision.
New feature adjustment A.2 19 "Girl search".
Options:
- "Random": As rev. L-4. The girl is located at a randomly chosen Search target.
- "Pattern": The girl is always at the second Search target made. And third Search target after a jackpot (rest of game, player individual).
- "T-play": When tournament play selected: As the "Pattern" option. Else as the "Random" option.
Default: "T-play".
New feature adjustment A.2 20 "Tournament play Snack bar Unlimited millions".
Options:
- "No": When tournament play selected: The Snack bar will never award the Unlimited millions mode.
- "Yes": When tournament play selected: The Snack bar will award the Unlimited millions mode (see awards pattern).
Default: "No".
The 10B Snack attack bug, fixed.
Snack attack count down lands nicely on 10M.
255 bumper hits to light Super jackpot bug, fixed.
Bumper hits to light Super jackpot not resetting on a next multiball bug, fixed.
1x "maxed" playfield multiplier bug, fixed.
Bonus-x calculation corrected to be as indicated by the game. 1x/2x/4x/6x/8x/10x.
Bonus base value raised by a factor-3.
A bug where Move your car was not running properly after a multiball, fixed.
A bug where Snack attack was incorrectly promoted on the right ramp count-up display, fixed.
When tournament play selected: Playground award is following a fixed pattern. Player individual.
Playground award order: Unlimited millions, Jet bumpers, Intermission time and then start over.
When tournament play selected: Snack bar awards follow a fixed pattern. Player individual.
When adj. A.2 20 "Tournament play Snack bar Unlimited millions" is set to "No":
Before a multiball has been played: F, L or M letter once (if needed and in that order). Then random points ones.
After a multiball has been played: Random points ones only.
When adj. A.2 20 "Tournament play Snack bar Unlimited millions" is set to "Yes":
Before a multiball has been played: F, L or M letter once (if needed and in that order). Then random points ones.
After a multiball has been played: Unlimited millions once. Then random points ones.
When tournament play selected: Tap a button in attract mode to show the latest game scores.
The 10M, 20M and 30M indicators are brought to life.
The Big millions mode offers a one time only award on the left inlane.
10M, 20M or 30M based on timing.
A bug where the European region installs the hard pre-set on a factory reset, fixed.
The lamp matrix procedure is upgraded to better prevent "ghosting" when LED lamps are used.
Adjustment A.1 21 "Language" is limited to "English".
Adjustment A.1 28 "Min. vol override" defaults to “Yes”.
Note
The Snack bar Unlimited millions, after a multiball played, is any multiball played.
When selected, the Unlimited millions mode is victory laps for the multiball.
Snach bar random points ones are: Popcorn (1M), Hot dog (2M), Hot pretzel (4M), Ice cold pop (4M) and Hamburger (5M).
The incremented bonus base value is to compensate that the max bonus-x is reduced from the incorrect 32x to 10x.
High X bonus is by this a similar payoff. Low X bonus will get a boost.
Feature adjustement A.2 3 "Multiball" is of no use.
At least as of rev. L-4, the game is not awarding multiball at the Snack bar mystery.
The Big millions mode left inlane award is also given when the inlane is made on a ramp shot return.
In L-4, the indicators were used for light show only.
The Big millions mode is also running during Super scoring. But will end (time out) before the Super scoring umbrella mode is ending.
Sound board software
To be installed with sound board software rev. L-1.
Legal
Copyright 1992, 2020 Williams Electronics Games Inc. & Planetary Pinball Supply Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The software is provided as-is, without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement. In no event shall the authors or copyright holders be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with the software or the use or other dealings in the software.

Not yet - have you tried big millions mode with the left inlane bonus? Given it is based on timing for the 30, 20 & 10M are they cycling round (eg one every second) or does it start at 30M and then drop to 20M after a period of time and then 10M and then off?

#3432 3 years ago

Maybe they didn't like the cabinet decals?? Or the artwork was damaged and they didn't realise they could replace the decals

Certainly not the worst mod I've seen

#3467 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I like hitting the Right ramp by memory 12 times then all the features are lit at the same time for a designated time

Yep it's great trying out different aspects of a pin - "Super Scoring" (hitting the right ramp 12 times) is very cool, especially getting Super Creature Feature. It's not going to blow up the machine, but a fun part of the pin.

#3469 3 years ago
Quoted from nlrobert:

I'm about to start a restoration project on a CFTBL and I was curious if anyone has installed the green tinted playfield window instead of the clear one. I believe the green one was used on Congo, but is listed as a part for CFTBL as well. Unfortunately my Creech is missing the hologram, so I will have to find a replacement solution for the hologram at some point (I'm still looking at the available options). Since I don't have the original hologram, I was thinking having the green tinted window may make it easier to display a creature image with an alternative hologram solution.
If anyone has gone with the green window, it would be cool to see a picture of what it looks like. I couldn't find a picture of one installed by searching here or on the web. My biggest concern would be how the window decals look under the green tint versus the clear window.
Thanks!

There's a few LCD holo mod replacements being developed, although not sure if/when they'll be released, but going the green window might not suit them and maybe worth considering

Here's some clips of PinballSP's although I'm not sure that he's updating his pinside thread any more
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/48#post-5974526
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/48#post-5974887

In regards to Compy mod it's a re-run MikeD's mod videos with Compy's new control system but he's currently deferred coming out to market with it.

#3472 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

My LCD mod has the option to only have the creature appear like the original, all the other stuff is turned off

Yes I think having this flexibility allows everyone to tailor what is shown to their own liking - I believe PinballSP's mod was planned to be similar to that, but not familiar with MikeD's or what Compy had planned for his version

2 weeks later
#3491 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Need some advise. Earlier this year I picked up a Creech that was mine 20 years ago. Its all original, no mods. I picked up the swinks v5 mod and the magnet switch thingy for the bowl. What other mods are there that are available that I should get? Im not a big fan of clutter on the playfiled. Some "toys" look good on some games because they probably should have been there from the start. Over the years I have seen the backbox car led lights and read something about the hologram bulb but couldn't find any info on these. If anyone has a link or direction for these or any others that are tasteful that would be great. Also, comet sells a full led kit...has anyone used this kit and are you happy with it, especially the color tiny ramp bulbs.
Any help/direction would be great and appreciated. Im looking to get this out of storage in the next month or so and getting it into the line up
Thanks
Rob

stumblor has a few mods

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-move-you-snackbar-a-lighting-mod-for-swinks-cftbl-snackbar (this is a lighting enhancement to swinks snackbar mod)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-chase-echo-a-redesigned-chase-board-for-cftbl-new

#3515 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Peek at my restore in progress. Pretty proud how the seams came out. A little trick I used a black ink Pen to blackout the white edges from the decals
[quoted image]

Looks awesome - makes me want to do mine (it's on the list but alot of others to do first)

Well done!!

#3523 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

ah crap, I would need advice (although I already made some progress, but if anyone has experience with the symptoms I have it would be nice)
My Creature is encountering multiple failures, at least partially. Sound is gone, so is Pin2DMD. Flashers/inserts/coils seem to work, at least partially.
What I checked:
- Voltage input on J501 should be 20VAC according to the schematics, straight from the transformer, I have 10V DC (!): I suppose I have something odd in my transformer ? How is it even possible to get 10V DC on a transformer 20V AC output (unless I misread my multimeter, but I checked a few times as I was super puzzled)
- Voltage output on J118 (which I use for powering Pin2DMD) should be 12V, I have zero. I have checked the fuses, they are all OK. I have yet to trace 12V generation (I suppose there is a regulator somewhere with a rectifier)
What is odd is that 20VAC failed first (ie sound was failing, so I started to look into it - I have a TiltAudio - and I noticed the TiltAudio board was not powering up, so I checked 20VAC input first, it was gone), but rest was functional. Then all of sudden 12V disappeared.
So:
- Has anyone experienced transformer failure, is this common ? I mean, to lose 20VAC is a pretty rare occurence I would think
- How is 12V generated ? I can check the schematics but if someone already has that info that would save me some time
- Would anyone has the pinout of the transformer connectors ? I can't find it in my Creech manual
Thanks and regards

https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC is a great resource for information

The below shows the transformer connections to the Power Driver board

WPC089_power_summary (resized).pngWPC089_power_summary (resized).png
1 week later
#3550 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

crazy79 That looks incredible. Hologram alternative is great as well. More details for both please.
Question for Creech owners. I'm putting the main ramp back into the game. Came across this little guy near the KISS hole. Basically the main ramp sits on it. The configuration looked weird to me. If this the way it's supposed to be installed? My thinking is the black piece should be above.
Here is the general location. It's located close the metal plate on the left side of the game.
[quoted image]
Here's the bit I'm talking about
[quoted image]
This is the exact location. The bit I'm talking about is not installed on this new ramp.
[quoted image]

As drummermike said - here's some pics to help

CFTBL Ramp (resized).jpgCFTBL Ramp (resized).jpgCFTBL Ramp1 (resized).jpgCFTBL Ramp1 (resized).jpg
#3551 3 years ago
Quoted from crazy79:

Laying of the 30cm UV adhesive strip at the bottom of the box in front of this base, here is the result:
Power supply 12 on the J116

The lighting looks fantastic - can you take a pic of where you put the LED strip as I'm not clear from your description. Thanks

#3553 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I don't quite understand the photo you posted. Looks like your black spacer is on top of the ramp, but your missing the nylon lock nut that holds it in place. Your post did give me an idea though. I looked through used ramps for sale on Pinside. Hard to get a clear image but here's what I found.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
It looks like the spacer is located under the ramp with the nylon lock nut. The only thing on the top side is the head of the screw. Again, it's tough to see.
[EDIT] Here are some that are clearly show the spacer on top of the ramp. To me, this makes the most sense. I mean, why even have a spacer if it's underneath not doing anything? Having it on top makes more sense, it would elevate the creature ramp. Maybe this is why I'm only getting 2 spins max out of my whirlpool.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I'm definitely going to move it. It makes no sense the way it is installed now. I wonder how long it has been this way? Such a small thing, but I think this is having an effect on gameplay.
Thanks for the help guys!

Yep the spacer is on top and the creature ramp rests ontop of the screw head.

#3566 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Not sure what they are called but does anyone sell the black cardboard flasher shades or curtain or baffle under the play field for the start film flashers? It has someone made them? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

It's 01-11062 "shield-flasher lamp" there's one on the left flasher and 2 on the right one. I couldn't find anyone stocking them but they are just a thin black cardboard by the looks of it, so should be easy to make

CFTBL Flasher Baffle (resized).jpgCFTBL Flasher Baffle (resized).jpg
#3570 3 years ago

manny65 your in luck! I needed some for my restore as they where trashed so I modeled a few and 3d printed them. If you need some lemme know
[quoted image]

Thanks mate, yours looks damn nice! Mine are all good ... well they're in better nick than the flasher socket based on my pic. But I think robey99 might be hitting you up

#3587 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Before I get the comments to play better, I know and I will try. That being said, had anyone created a removable center post like the GB one. I have never seen one but curious. It might help me play better Thanks

Terminator 2 had a hole for a centre post b/n the flippers, it came with the post and also a little plastic cap and allowed the operators to decide which they wanted to used. So it'd be pretty easy to drill a hole and install the post in CFTBL however I'm not sure if the little cap is available or what the part number is

#3595 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Got two? I need one too.

Looks like robey99 has the plastic 31-1698-5 for sale that you're after

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/72#post-6089872

#3597 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Alright, so I mentioned this a couple times already, but here's a video of it. My 8SMD flashers are going off every time I flip the flippers or whenever a solenoid fires. It only seems to be specific flashers.
Here's a short 8 second video of the flashers that are coming on momentarily when a solenoid goes off.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/399uYzzCAwFsDAgM6
Here is a side by side comparison of the flashers that are firing (misfiring) when a solenoid goes off.
[quoted image]
Before I dive in and troubleshoot this, has anyone else run into this issue before?
Thank you!

Those flashers are the Creature flashers (interesting that these are not shown in the manual or mentioned in any service bulletin)

This is from the Test menu:
33 Creature FL 1 (blk-yel red-wht) – left pair you've circled
34 Creature FL 2 (orn-vio red-wht) – next flasher to the right (but only one of the 2 flashers is working - I've pointed out the one not working)
35 Creature FL 3 (blk-blu red-wht) – next pair to the right
36 Creature FL 4 (orn-gry red-wht) – right pair

I noticed in your video that the left 2 flashers don't always come on, so there seems to be some variation. The Afterglow board isn't in the machine atm - right? If you swap one or all of these LED flashers for an incandescent flasher does that stop it?

CFTBL BB Flashers (resized).JPGCFTBL BB Flashers (resized).JPG

#3599 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Ya, I noticed they aren't listed in the manual either. Bummer. I am thinking they are part of the special solenoids. This part of the manual was the only section that I was able to locate red-wht wiring mentioned.
[quoted image]
The AG board is disconnected right now.
The pin came with LED flashers. Unfortunately I only have #89 incandescents and I need #906 for the backbox.
The second LED flasher in 34 was not seated properly. The leads on 906 and 555 leds can be a pain in the ass sometimes. I reseated it. It is flashing now.
Test 5, 2 - Both flashers are in the backbox. Maybe these work similar to the others? I'll check the manual to see how they are run.

All flashers (other than these 4 Creature flasher circuits) are listed in the manual (see below). Might need to look at the actual wiring on machine to determine where they go and what drives them - hopefully this will help in trying to understand why these specifically are lighting when solenoids are fired.

CFTBL Flashers (resized).JPGCFTBL Flashers (resized).JPG
#3601 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Odd that they aren't covered in the manual. Odder that I never noticed until now.
I'll do a manual trace of the wiring tomorrow and report back. My guess is they will all go to the same Jxxx connector, but I've been wrong before.

Found them - they are using the Fliptronics board (they're using the circuits that would normally be used of upper flippers - power and hold), and makes more sense why these specific flashers are being affected when you're activating the flippers.

CFTBL Fliptronics (resized).JPGCFTBL Fliptronics (resized).JPG

SOLUTION (??): Someone had the same issue on a Scared Stiff - either run incandescent flashers or you need to put a diode on the LED flashers (possibly on 1-4 of the flashers) https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-flashers-activate-with-flippers

#3605 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

manny65 Sounds like an easy fix. I'm having trouble understanding exactly where to place the diodes, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. I'm not looking inside the backbox right now so it is hard to visualize. I guess they are just using standard 1N4001 diodes?

Starting to get to the edge of my knowledge here ...

1N4001 is rated at 50V Peak Repetitive Reverse Voltage and 35V RMS Reverse Voltage so it'd probably be ok, though a 1N4004 or 1N4007 (which is used on the flipper coils) might be better - just not sure what voltage is being feed back through the circuit.

In the thread litz suggested 2 diodes one inline and one across the socket, however arolden fixed his TOTAN a year ago with a single diode. Now these guys had a pair of flashers firing, whereas you have 4 pairs so you probably need to do a diode per string. You could maybe PM arolden to confirm whether he did it inline or across and what diode he used.

Let us know how you go

#3614 3 years ago

Having a few games that have chrome, and I think chrome looks awesome on a creech... I must say.. gloss black is working sooo good for this theme
[quoted image]

Oh I like the black finish, that does look pretty nice. That's not to say chrome is bad ... I think I like the black because it is different - either way you've got a great looking game!!!

#3616 3 years ago

Debating on chrome shooter housing - to balance with the chrome on the megaphone part of the decal near the start - or go black?

Yep think that'd work really well

#3666 3 years ago
Quoted from Marco1973:

It's the coil I cutted off the diode. It remains "closed" going on to pull, without stopping pulling.
JayDee you were right.

Firstly check your coil is an AE-26-1200 and see if the Q24 (TIP102) on the driver board has shorted

Testing a TIP-102 transistor (with the power to the machine off)

Set the DMM to diode check
Place the black lead on the center leg
Place the red lead on each of the flanking legs in turn
A measurement between .5 and .7 should be displayed
Readings outside of this range (generally dead shorts) indicate the part has failed.

#3669 3 years ago
Quoted from Marco1973:

manny65 You were right. The TIP was bad. I changed power board and now functions everything or at least all the things I tested
Afret dismounting the old board I saw the previous owner made some BAD works on it, including the TIP that was bad. So, problem solved.

Great work - glad you got it sorted

1 week later
#3698 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Yes. They were probably flashing whenever the flippers were being pressed. I recently changed mine to LED and that what mine is doing. I can either change them back to incandescents or add a diode onto the each LED flasher.
Looks like you have a white 3D printed bracket in your backbox as well. I've been thinking of doing that as well.
The lamp covers (silicon caps) on your signs are incorrect. Not that it really matters. The lights should go
WHITE (top)
GREEN
YELLOW
on the two outer signs.
WHITE (top)
RED
GREEN
YELLOW
I may get people disagreeing with me on this, but as soon as you start a multiball you will realise this is the proper colour order.

Looks like I need to go put a game on the machine to "realise" why ... lol

#3709 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Dam that means most of my silicon covers are wrong LOL I estimate my machine was restored about 8 or 9 years ago I’m the 3rd owner since restore and it still looks awesome love this game. Just an excuse to show off my game LOL lol
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm going to have to check mine now ... here's the flyer as a reference

CFTBL PF sign colours (resized).JPGCFTBL PF sign colours (resized).JPG
#3714 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Who says you can't have LEDs and see the colors when the pin is off?! I followed the prototype colors you referenced above.
[quoted image]

I haven't LED'd mine yet - who makes these?

#3716 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I'm going to have to check mine now ... here's the flyer as a reference[quoted image]

Pretty close to the flyer - looks like I just need to swap the extra ball and the Unlimited Millions

CFTBL PF (resized).jpgCFTBL PF (resized).jpg
#3725 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Thanks I’ll see if there’s any of those signs in Australia

From my quick scan earlier I could find any, so I ordered from the US. There are no details regarding the animation or how it's driven, although I did find one ad saying that it needs 3 x AAA batteries (so assume 4.5v DC) - I wonder if the 5Vreg on Creech would be ok??

#3727 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Make sure to report back after you receive it.

Will do although it might be awhile depending upon the shipping from US to Australia .....

#3729 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

And it's back
My dreaded "damn ball won't exit the Slide VUK" issue
Here's a video:
I've cleaned up the sleeve, replaced the coil, checked all mechanics, and this issue appears once in a while. Sometimes it works fine for a few days, then fails on one launch, sometimes it fails consistently (as in the linked video, I had to remove the glass to catch the ball).
I'm starting to think the control circuitry is at fault. Checking on the schematics there is a control transistor, has anyone experienced a failure on a control transistor of that nature ?

What's the condition of the coil stop and coil stop end of the plunger? Is the any mushrooming - post some pics of them. I'm thinking a mechanical issue and would check/replace the coil sleeve (they are cheap) and potentially the coil stop and plunger. Just as an FYI to save you some $$ in the future, coils don't wear out and only need to be replaced if the coil wire breaks or the coil gets burnt out (this happens when a drive transistor fails).

#3731 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I'll post pictures, but I did check the coil stop and also changed the sleeve (actually that was the first thing I did before even replacing the coil).
Can you define "mushrooming", not sure I've seen this term before
Thanks

The plunger tip can become deformed from striking the coil stop, this is referred to as mushrooming and the plunger can drag or stick in the coil sleeve causing reduced power such as you're seeing. Some people will file off the burs on the plunger or you can replace it. If the plunger is damaged, I'd be replacing the coil sleeve as this won't be smooth anymore and the coil stop.

It may or may not be the issue but definitely worth checking

#3739 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

So I checked the plunger, nothing odd (plus I don't see how mushrooming can happen on this part)
The plastic cup is fine
I took a scope shoot of the coil (this is the pin that is driven to ground when activating), as you can see no specific issue (less than one micro second, 70v - there is an attenuation of 10 on my probe otherwise I exceed the max input of the scope so the scope shoot shows 7V)
I'm puzzled.... [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yup - my bad, I didn't double check the type of mech it uses.

Did you try manually moving the plunger up & down with you finger? Was there any resistance - also try rotating the plunger into different positions and test plunging again in case the plunger is catching when it is in a certain position

#3753 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I've taken a oscilloscope shoot (above), and the transistor does switch. What I don't know however is the current draw, that was going to be my next step (need a current probe for my scope), and the reason why I was asking for the reference ohm resistance of the coil, if anyone has it. Should be around 3.5/3.7 ohms.

Coil resistances can be found here https://www.flippers.com/coil-resistance.html

This says the AE-23-800 has a resistance of 4.2

#3769 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Usually I just let the ball do it's own thing. If I give her a good nudge I can maybe get 3 rotations.
I have a weird screw/washer setup where the wireform meets the whirlpool. Maybe I need to invest some time in this location to get my rotations up?
[quoted image]

Leveling it L to R seems easy enough. T to B should be the same pitch as the playfield no?

No, the bowl is offset T to B to counter the pitch of the PF - not sure that mine is perfectly level, as it will be dependent on you PF angle unless you manually adjust the bowl to suit, but I get 4-5 rotations with the micro-switch which is enough for me.

#3776 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I must ask... What is this MRS switch?
Also, mine only does two or three rotations max, so I'm interested into guidance to improve.
Regards

MRS is a Magnetic Reed Switch and is used to replace the micro-switch on the bowl - given the MRS does not interfere with the ball's momentum (unlike the micro-switch) you can get more rotations.

As to setting up the improve the rotations the most important thing is that the bowl is relatively level

2 weeks later
#3807 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

So back to basics:
- Can someone share the part number of the coil for the VUK, so I can check if mine is identical ? After all, I reordered the same coil on the basis of what was installed, it could be that a different one is needed
- Can someone take a resistance measurement at the coil ? I'm getting 3.9 Ohms, this sounds in line, but even a .5 Ohms can yield a huge difference
Thanks

I'm not near my machine, have you checked if your coil matched what's in the manual and parts list?

You can look up the coil resistance here https://www.flippers.com/coil-resistance.html

1 week later
#3815 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

What is the best pitch setting for Creech. 6.5? Thanks.

That's what I use and can't complain ...

CFTBL (resized).jpgCFTBL (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3870 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

My whole game has LED’s but today I noticed when I hit the flippers or the ball hits the bumpers some of the leds behind the Backglass flicker not sure if that’s always happened or just started. Anything I can do to stop this?
Thx Peter.

Sell it - sorry Pete couldn't help myself

Edit: Has the flicker just started or you just haven't noticed it previously? Do you have OCD boards installed?

#3872 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Lol Brett this masterpiece ain’t going anywhere Best one in Australia I reckon lol but I’m biased. I think it’s just started and thinking about it I swapped 2 flasher LEDs on the PF to normal globes could that have caused it? OCD board no where would I source one in Aussie or do I have to give America my money again :/

Nah I was just trying to understand what you had in yours as to what the potential issue might be. First thing I reckon is try pulling the 2 incandescent flashers you put in and see if the problem disappears. Let us know

2 weeks later
#3891 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Where are those apron cards from?

Believe they're these

CFTBL Instruction Cards (resized).jpgCFTBL Instruction Cards (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#3919 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I must say many did not have high hopes of this mod seeing the light if the day, including me, we are proven wrong. His design is interesting, I bet he's using sound commands (he's hooked it to the ribbon cable between cpu board and sound board). In some respect, very similar in principe to what Tiltaudio could achieve, except that it's a PnP mod.
Does he provide SW update with new animated content?

The mod plugs into the switch connectors on the bottom of the CPU board, so is using the switch matrix inputs to minimise any delay. That said, you can't perceive a delay in Compy's TZ mod that reads the audio control bus on the ribbon cable to play it's videos. A challenge of reading switches is you don't know what mode is actually running (unless you try to simulate the gamecode in your mod which is not something you'd want to do); while reading the A/V command bus limits you to tying you mod to specific sound or dmd events (although that'd be pretty extensive and covers almost all the gameplay events that you'd need).

1 week later
#3926 2 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

This past weekend, I replaced my right ramp and my whirlpool ramp. Now, when I hit the right ramp directly, the ball often “airballs”, flying off the ramp. Anyone seen this before? I got the ramps from Marco, for what that’s worth.
I know often there’s a plastic shield / cover over ramps at the transition from ramped to level to prevent airballs , but I didn’t have that before. I assume it shouldn’t have that?
[quoted image]

Looks fantastic with the new ramps! More recently my machine will get airballs off the right ramp yet I haven't replaced the ramps (I suspect mine are already repros), but I have taken the ramps off in order to do some maintenance. Hence I believe it could just be a subtle adjustment of their position that makes the difference - I haven't gone back to investigate and fix mine yet but think it's worth playing around with the ramp position and angle

#3932 2 years ago
Quoted from Mellow:

OK I am in the club and could not be more excited and happy! At 50 I finally got my first pin and it is Creature from the Black Lagoon! It happened by chance at a cost I could not refuse and was fast enough to respond to the ad. I love working and tinkering on it. The kids all love playing it and dropped the iPads like hot potatoes, mission accomplished. Currently, it is pulled apart for a shop, new balls, all ramps, plastics and rubber is getting replaced after a real good clean and polish. My Creech hologram is dead and does not even show up. I know about the LCD screen mods but are not a fan. I feel it is distracting and takes away from the "reward" seeing the Creech when you have played to that point by having video play in the lagoon all the time plus it is not a hologram. If there is no other option then ok but there is one on the horizon...
I have my eye on the company Looking Glass to release their hologram portrait in September this year. It is affordable, is a real hologram (or as close as we are going to get), you can load your own 3D animation/video and has a built-in Raspberry Pi4.
https://lookingglassfactory.com/portrait
Anyway, I love reading the old post, all 79 pages of it. Thank you!

Welcome to Pinside and the CFTBL club! Now that you've got the kids attention, you'll need to buy another pin to keep them hooked while you work on Creech Machines do have a habit of multiplying fast

1 week later
#3955 2 years ago
Quoted from Deleenhe:

For the inexperienced like me, where do folks get the artwork for reconditioned cabinets? That one looks amazing!

Plenty of pinball suppliers carry cabinet decals for machines (eg google "CFTBL cabinet decals) - there can be variation in the quality and colour, and some are not necessarily produced under license

PPS (who holds the B/W license) stock CFTBL http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-PPS-CFTBL-CABSETSS but other companies do stock and can produce authentic licensed decals as well.

#3972 2 years ago
Quoted from Mellow:Thank you for the response.
I did think of looking at the parts list but how will I be sure what I am looking at is topside of the playing field? I see from the list a level is mentioned 1 to 6, what does that refer to?

The levels show the various assemblies/sub-assemblies and their respective components

Level 2 - ABC Assembly (which is made up of the below 5 x Level 3 components & sub-assemblies)
Level 3 - Component 1
Level 3 - Component 2
Level 3 - Component 3
Level 3 - XYZ Sub-Assembly (which is made up of the below 2 x Level 4 components)
Level 4 - Component 1
Level 4 - Component 2
Level 3 - ZZZ Sub-Assembly (which is made up of the below 3 x Level 4 components)
Level 4 - Component 1
Level 4 - Component 2
Level 4 - Component 3

You will be able to easily identify the topside assemblies from the parts list and therefore work out what screws and nuts are used in that assembly (based on the above level information), however there will most likely be other screws etc on the PF topside that aren't part of an assembly. These will be listed as a components of the PF but you wont know if they are used on the top or bottom of the PF.

1 week later
#4011 2 years ago
Quoted from Deleenhe:

As I was tinkering with my machine tonight, I noticed a small (~1/2"long) metal spacer screwed to the underside of the ramp that exits at the left inlane (the "right ramp"). It is just under the swimmer sticker on the whirlpool ramp. It is just suspended in space and doesn't screw to a post or anything else (see photos). Is this correct? That ramp is supported at the entrance and at the exit but is unuspported along its entire length. Everything works great, it just seems odd. Thanks.

Quoted from JayDee:

Mine is sitting above lower ramp, not below it like yours
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from GRB1959:

Mine is also above the lower ramp.
Gord
[quoted image]

It should sit above (as guy's have commented) as it is there to help support the plastic habit-trail above it or to stop it from sagging at very least

#4014 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Mine doesn’t have the screw/spacer on the ramp. The ramp is strong and doesn’t move but there is a hole on the ramp tab so maybe it wasn’t fitted. [quoted image][quoted image]

Your machine is restored, isn't it Pete? Possibly they fitted new ramps and never transferred over the spacer from the old ramp??

#4017 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Yeah it is Brett, ramp feels very solid without it though

Yeah I reckon Bally had it there just in case there was too much play in the production ramps or if the ramp sagged over time, as these would potentially cause slow moving balls to stop in the ramp. So think they were playing it safe. Clearly though there is enough rigidity in the ramp not to need it.

#4020 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I have a few light boards for example the K.I.S.S board where the LEDs sometimes work and then fail i’d say because the solder needs to be re flowed. Thats out of my league lol are these boards available brand new to buy?

Hey Pete - sell me your machine, I'll reflow the connectors and sell it back to you (with a mark up)

There's quite few AA boys in the western suburbs that could possibly do it however if you're over my way (Camberwell) with work you could drop them off and I could do it for you and test them in my machine. Just let me know

1 week later
#4037 2 years ago
Quoted from nlrobert:

Hey guys,
A couple questions for the group. I'm in the middle of my CFTBL restoration project and I need some assistance and some opinions.
1. I ordered a new cabinet from Virtuapin and it arrived this week. It looks awesome, but there are no holes drilled in the lower cabinet for the backbox hinges or for the playfield support brackets. I emailed virtuapin and left a message as well, but haven't heard back yet. I have a CV cabinet from another project and I can use it as a template. However, I'm not sure if the CV cabinet is identical to the CFTBL cabinet or not. From what I've read, it seems all the WPC standard cabinets were the same, but I want to be absolutely sure before I make a template and start drilling holes. Does anyone know if the cabinets are the same?
2. I'm debating on going with mirror blades or with the back lot gameblades (the one with the classic cars). What's everyone's opinion on one over the other. I will have LED's installed, so I was thinking the mirror blades may make it really bright during game play.

In regards to the cabinet, while the dimensions of the cabinet remained the same the hole positions varied over time. Early WPC machines (eg T2) used a different PF hinge technique and while CFTBL uses a similar hinge design to WPC95 machines the PF slide assembly part numbers changed over time altering the hole position needed. Also the WPC95 uses a different backbox hinge bracket (01-9011.2) compared to WPC machines (01-9011) and while my quick measurement shows the hinge bolt is in a similar position, I guess the reason the hole is not drilled is that there is a subtle difference between them as well.

3 weeks later
#4116 2 years ago
Quoted from Mellow:

stumblor
The Snack Bar wear shows 0.5 mm from under the Cliffy so I decided to rebuild.

You need to rebuild any wear to the original shape before adding a Cliffy, otherwise the Cliffy will deform when hit by the ball

4 weeks later
#4179 2 years ago
Quoted from Deleenhe:

On the subject of lighting, is there a way to achieve proper dimming of GI LEDs on this game and maintain the chase light function of the ramps? I like the brightness of the LEDs but not the flicker when it is dimming. Reading about OCD boards it seems like they will kill the chase light effect but maybe it's been solved. Thanks.

Not only solved but super enhanced by stumblor - here's his thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-chase-echo-a-redesigned-chase-board-for-cftbl-new

4 weeks later
#4225 2 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

I'm also doing an HD pin2dmd build (256x64) at the moment, which includes updated speaker panel and graphics. Still have two left I think on the current round.
https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/size-matters-adventures-with-the-new-hd-pin2dmd-256x64.50621

Wow - excellent work Davey!!

2 months later
#4316 2 years ago
Quoted from lowga:

TECH: We decided to replace the last stock board in our CFTBL with a brand new Rottendog A12697-1 MPU. We also replaced the back-up batteries, and did a factory reset on the game. Fired it back up, and now the game will not start. It's set up for free play, and nothing obvious is wrong. Game seems otherwise normal...but the start button doesn't light, and pressing it has no effect. Tried manually adding credits to the game (just in case.) No joy.
I'm not even sure how to begin troubleshooting this problem. Checked all the connectors and reseated them again. Still no job. Any suggestions?
Les & Abby Rayburn
Maylene, AL

Firstly check that the 3 ribbon cables are connected correctly - the red line on the ribbon indicates pin 1 and you need to ensure that it is going to pin1 on the Rottendog board. I'm not sure if the Rottendog board has its ribbon headers orientated the same as the original WPC connector.

Also check that all the connectors plugged into the new MPU are correctly aligned and not off by one pin.

Go into switch test mode and check the start button, cabinet door and ball trough switches are working. Also check that you have 3 balls into the machine and that they show in the trough switches when you look at the switch matrix picture on the DMD.

If still no luck, then also check in solenoid test that all the coils and flippers work

#4321 2 years ago
Quoted from Mellow:

Just test playing my Cftbl after a full rebuild. I am getting free balls long after the "Free Pass" light has gone off. I went into settings and reset it to factory defaults with no change. Should I be looking at the switches in the ball trough?

There is always a grace period after the light goes off, so it depends upon what you are classifying as a long time

#4326 2 years ago
Quoted from Mellow:

I am onto the issue.
All switches are installed and wired correctly and 3 balls are installed. I took my apron cover off to observe and can see the problem.
Normal operation:
Once a ball is lost it first goes to the outhhole kicker that pops it over a metal track incline where it lies on the other side with two other balls and then only triggers the lost ball. Then the ball shooter lane feeder will pop a ball out in the shooter lane in front of the plunger.
My scenario:
From time to time when a ball is lost the outhole kicker hits the ball so hard that it flies over the incline and pops out the end of the row ball into the shooter lane giving you a free ball and because three balls are not present a ball loss is not recorded.
The question is how do I get the outhole kicker not to kick the ball with so much force as to pop out the ball at the end?

Given that it doesn't happening all the time, can you spot any subtle difference between when the ball is pushed normally into the trough versus being flicked over the top into the shooter lane? Look to see if the drained ball is sitting in a slightly different position, or the kicker arm is positioned differently. Maybe try taking a slow motion video of both and comparing them, it might give you the clue as to why it is happening and where the issue is

1 month later
#4346 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballPirate:

I've never upgraded the ROM, is it hard? How do you do it?

Take a copy of any customised settings
Power off your machine
Carefully remove the old chip (best to use a chip removal tool)
Install the new chip
Power on your machine
Reapply your settings and you're good to go

2 weeks later
#4362 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I know the 10 20 30 million lights aren’t coded in but does anyone know how they intended to use them in the game and why they didn’t. Thx. [quoted image][quoted image]

Grab v5.0 rom from RTBB or MrPinball

#4366 2 years ago
Quoted from SFBP36:

Hi all, just joined the club yesterday and we’re stoked. The game was routed then put into a warehouse about 5 years ago and has sat since. It’s dark and dirty but should clean up nicely. So far I’ve owned a RS and ToM and I have a question about this one. When I open the coin door and go into switch test, the coils fire as they should during gameplay. For example I can activate the flippers using the buttons and I can fire the slingshot coils by pressing the leaf switches etc. When I exit switch test I no longer can. Is this normal behavior? Thanks guys!

My flippers are active once I go into the service menu - I didn't test the rest any other coils but suspect they would be as well. When you exit the service menu, the flippers no longer activate (assuming you aren't in the middle of a game).

#4375 2 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Yes, very carefully as to not bend any of the legs. A chip extraction tool helps. The procedure is not exclusive to CFTBL.

In swapping the game ROM, does it force a restore of the factory settings or are your settings and high scores still maintained (given they are held on the RAM chip which is powered by the battery while the game is turned off)?

#4383 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

The game will default to factory settings. I believe you will lose your high scores. Even if you don't, you should reset them as the gameplay will change slightly and there will be a few new options in the menu system.

That's what I thought, although it'd been a while since I've needed to change ROMs.

Will need to kiss goodbye to my 3.2B GC ...

#4395 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Hi all
I repect your desire to have the MikeD mod working with the rev. 5.0 software. And I hope we can find a solution to this. I would like to see a solution and I promise to keep it in mind.
I am glad to read that some of you volunteer to lend your mod to me to work on a solution. I am just not too kean on having this shipping across the pond on a promise that I will return it unharmed. Especially not now it is out of print.
The best thing would be if the author of this would share the schematics of the custom board with us. Or even with the source code. Anyone know how to contact him?
The second best thing is if some of you are able to document at least some of the board. It looks like the connectors are ordered in col/row pairs. Each basically representing different lamps on the playfield. Up to eight. Assume these lamp states are conveted to 3.3v binary signals that is ultimately fed to the RPi. Rather than testing the cols and rows seperately. If this is the case, I am puzzled as to why it breaks when running 5.0. I can only explain it by the mod being highly sensitive to the timing of the lamp signals. And if so, a hardware fix is not possible. But again, a lot of guess work on my behalf.
[quoted image]

MikeD is PinballMikeD here on Pinside

1 month later
#4439 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

At every hard start all my settings are gone.... My CFTBL was equiped with a Pinled CPU board when I bought it with I guess a Lithium battery.
These last for 10 years I tought but no idea how long it has been in it.
Can these be swapped (Model, type ?) ? or can I just remove it and solder a battery holder with 3xAA batteries?
Or could something else than the battery be an issue?

A quick google shows others have replaced the battery (using the same type) but it's not straight forward as swapping out AA or coin batteries.

PinLED CPU board - battery (resized).pngPinLED CPU board - battery (resized).png
#4442 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Thx
found some rechargable Li-Ion batts as well but wonder if 720mAh (€7,-) is ok or need rather a 1500mAh (up to €50,-) or are the ones installed non rechargeable... what's best to use in the long run ?
I will require a bit of soldering but that's ok.

It'd be best you reach out to PinLED and ask them what is possible and which battery is best to use

1 week later
#4459 1 year ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Where can I find a replacement board for the Unlimited millions?
A-15666, Marco is out.
Anyone have one to sell?
Thanks,
[quoted image]

Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I just need the pc board, thanks!

The lamp board for A-15666 is C-12709 and you're in luck as PSPA has it in stock

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/electronics/boards/c-12709.html

2 months later
#4557 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

So what actually triggers the hologram during a game ? Or when should it be working ?

During multiball

2 weeks later
#4583 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Just picked up a CFTBL. It’s in pretty good condition with the exception of a few electrical issues I’m working through. Any help would be appreciated.
1: My flipper coils are both FL-11630. The manual calls for a FL-11629 on the right and a FL-15411 on the left. Any reason why someone would have installed the 11630s?
2: When I flip the flippers, the top third of the flashers in the backbox pulse. Not full on flash, but enough to notice. Is this normal?
3: I noticed the flasher was missing from under the right ramp. I installed one and it is constantly on when the game is powered on. I’m assuming a transistor issue. Also missing the “STARTLING” flashers in the backbox. I’m assuming these are tied to the right ramp as well which is why they were pulled.
I need to get all those green LEDs out of the playfield and am debating whether I want to go all incandescent or sunlight LEDs. It there any workaround to get the GI LEDs to not flicker when dimming? I know I can turn the dimming off in the settings but this game looks amazing with the dimming effects. The GI OCD messes up the spiral ramp mini LEDs right? So that is not an option.
[quoted image]

1. I suspect that's what an operator had on hand at the time. Replace with the correct FL coils as per the manual.
2. No this is not normal. J902 connector on the Fliptronics board is associated with both the flashers (some at the top of the backbox) and flipper hold coils. The manual doesn't provide details on these (from what I could find) other that on pg 3-19. Looking at my game there is also a Z connector associated with the J902 wire loom - so I would suspect an issue either on the Fliptronics board (you could swap in the Fliptronics II board from your Dracula to test) or otherwise something associated with the J902 and/or Z connector.
3. Yes sounds like a shorted transistor. https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Coil_Locks_On shows how to test Q40 TIP-102 (this is the transistor for the right ramp flasher) and yes there are 2 backbox flashers connected with the right ramp PF flasher.

1 week later
#4603 1 year ago

OK so I’ve spent the time reading the manual and found where to fix most of my issues.
But I still have a dodgy K-I-S-S micro switch.
Can somebody show where to find a replacement micro switch, please?

You can buy either just the replacement switch (you'll need to re-use the actuator arm from your existing switch) or you can buy a new switch with the specific actuator arm for that location. Page 2-41 of the manual shows the specific switch part numbers.

RTBB in Melb has both options in stock
https://www.rtbb.com.au/product/switch-subminiature-bare-5647-12693-00/
https://www.rtbb.com.au/product/micro-switch-5647-12693-21/

#4604 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I fixed my locked on flashers by replacing Q40.
Also noticed my left pop bumper scores but doesn’t fire. Connections at the coil and connector J127-6 look good so I replaced Q50. The pop bumper still isn’t firing. What would the next step in troubleshooting?

Quoted from Jakers:

I also piggybacked an extra coil I had lying around onto the non working coil. Tested and not working with that coil either.

Have you checked if you have 50V at the coil?

Pinwiki details how to troubleshoot this issue https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Coil_Fails_to_Work

1 month later
#4643 1 year ago

Is L-5 the latest ROM?

Yes - you can buy it locally from Mr Pinball or RTBB

#4644 1 year ago

At risk of sounding like an idiot,
Can somebody explain what a sound Rom is and how it differs from the CPU rom?

In addition to what bakerhillpins posted, the game ROM holds not only the rules of the game which includes all the lighting effects and which audio and display clips to use and when, it also contains the actual display images/animations for the DMD (as these do not take up a lot of space). On the other hand the audio clips take more room and so they come on separate ROM chips, which are inserted directly onto the audio board - when the game needs to play an audio clip (whether that be music or a call-out) it sends the instruction along with the audio clip’s ROM address over the ribbon cable to the audio board. By comparison, as mentioned above the DMD images are on the game ROM however these are transferred over to the DMD controller board via a the direct ribbon cable from CPU board, when the game first boots up. After which images are displayed directly from the DMD Controller board, with the CPU board simply sending it instructions and addresses (similar to what it sends the audio board) via the daisy chained ribbon cable.

1 week later
#4650 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

New ROM done just took my time so happy. First thing I noticed no ghosting LEDs.

Nice work mate

3 weeks later
#4701 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

yes, I am in the Newcastle area just north of Sydney - where are you?

Based on his profile, he's on the NSW south coast near Tathra. Ya practically neighbours ... give or take 1000kms

4 weeks later
#4761 1 year ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

I was never clear on what that "HSTD" in the menus meant, assuming that it had something to do with histograms. Now that I visit it in the menus, making adjustments to it doesn't seem all that clear to me either.
I sent a PM to MikeD to inquire as to whether there could be any subsequent production run on his holo mod (it seems that that should be as much of a good candidate for one as any other that's been done ?), but I don't know whether he remains active on Pinside and would see it.

HSTD stands for High Score To Date

You can reset the high scores (I think it leaves the GC in place) back to the defined values that are in settings. This would give players onsite a better chance at getting their name up in lights and potentially a credit. There’s also a setting that will automatically reset the high scores after a defined number of games (think it defaulted to 1000).

I’m pretty sure that MikeD has commented previously that he’s not going to make any more holo-mods

1 week later
#4783 1 year ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

If I was correct regarding the color shift over time described two posts above, is there then no corrective that could be applied to the photo transparency, or whatever it is under the pf ? If that is indeed what it was, it seems like some skilled photographer could be able to manufacture a very close replacement likeness ?

The holo deteriorates from green to blue and eventually to black. There were kits to improve blue holograms by using green or yellow (sunlight) LEDs, rather than the original incandescent globe; but unfortunately no easy way to permanently correct the issue.

There's plenty of info out there, as this has been been an ongoing issue for owners:
http://www.iobium.com/creature_hologram.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holography

3 weeks later
#4830 1 year ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Interesting, nicely realized, rather unusual . . . but my long-distance telepathy is not working this morning: WHAT website ?
Also would like to see more details, like where and how these might be installed ? pf lighting for better viewing of them ?

The 2nd pic shows it installed - it’s designed to go in the back right corner. They are backlit - can be either permanently on and set to come on at specific gameplay times.

There are 10 poster images currently available - https://swinks.com.au/manuals

2 weeks later
#4844 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

My other half has wanted a creech since we met and by chance one came up 30mins from us, so would be rude not to look.
It was a non pinball guy who had it stored for a while. He was surprised when I lifted the playfield, as if he didn't know you could do that.
I told the other half it wasn't worth it, it was worse than we thought but i was ignored and she bought it. I'm the main fixer at home so it'll probably fall to me to get it nice although she says she'll pay for the parts and try to do what she can.
I'm overwhelmed as I really didn't want this project.
The boards all looked good. Only fault was the time and date as the batteries (which are off the board thankfully) must be dead.
[quoted image]
No hologram and I'm not sure what is going on with the hologram gear? ( The mirror in the photo is just sitting there) I have never looked under a creech so no clue how it works.
My main issues were the hologram missing and the wear to the two S Inserts (see the picture).
[quoted image]
What are our options to repair the KISS inserts?
What could be going on with the hologram and what are our options to replace it? We're not keen on the LCD options and would like to keep the spirit of the original.
Will be able to investigate properly when we've got it set up... I stopped looking at the issues when I thought we weren't going to get it, then the other half decided she was happy with it.
Help.
[quoted image]

You might be able to pick up a used PF that you could get restored, or other strip your PF and get that one restored. But before you go down that path (as well as replacing/fixing the holo) I'd give it a good clean, drop in new rubbers, balls, coil sleeves and flipper rebuild kits, and then start playing the heck out of it. If it's a keeper, then you can get serious about how much you want to spend on restoring and what parts you need to get the holo working.

#4866 1 year ago
Quoted from shepP:

Heretic_9,
CFTBL kicks my ass as well. I'm trying to spend a little time each day practicing to get better but I also get a ton of SDTM. I need to work on my nudging skills but I swear the clear coated playfield on mine makes it harder to move the ball. Or maybe I just suck

It’s amazing how different machines will play to each other. I haven’t done any dialling in and don’t possess any nudging skills, yet can put up 1-3B on my machine. That said when I play other Creeches they’ll kick my arse. It’s definitely a fun game to master and so rewarding when you put up a big score - enjoy the journey!

#4874 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Hey all. I've got people coming over today so of course creature started acting up. The right VUK above the right sling keeps firing when a game is started . It fires as soon as the game is powered on as well . I can't figure out what it causing it. Any ideas ?

Go into switch test mode and check if sw#37 is stuck on. It's an opto switch, so possibly the LED opto has failed and consequently the game believes there is a ball in the VUK blocking the LED from being detected by the opto receiver

#4886 1 year ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

Okay, get ready for a slew of help posts over the next few days. My creature when turned off resets to factory settings and after a game or two the flippers stop working. Batteries are good. I can press the buttons and they might wiggle but won't full flip. Also, sometimes the sound stops working. It's a pinsound board. The game previously worked fine, but has lots or mods (lights, sound, color dmd, etc). I have the color dmd running on a separate power supply, albeit its electricity is coming from the outlet in the cabinet and I unplugged the whirlpool aftermarket board to reduce draw. Any starting tips would be greatly appreciated!

Use a DMM to measure the voltage the battery pack is providing into the board - should be 4.5V? Possibly a faulty or corroded connection.

When the flippers stop working, what voltage do you have at the flipper coils (all the coil tabs should have the same voltage) - should be 50-75V?

#4897 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Im at a loss how do I find out what is causing this? I don’t have a manual.

Ground shorts are often caused by a failed LM339 chip, so I'd suspect either the CPU board or the Opto Ramp Switch board.

I'd firstly verify the CPU board is functioning correctly (use the technique described here https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Williams_WPC#Switch_Matrix_Problems), if the CPU tests out ok I'd then disconnect the Opto Ramp Switch Board (A-13901-1) and see if the problem disappears.

#4909 1 year ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Hello everyone.
Today i noticed that my dmd seems a bit off to the rigth side. So the box is cutt off. Someone had this and knows how to fix it?
Thanks
[quoted image]

As matt_adams posted it looks like the right most vertical line on the DMD has failed. You can go into display test mode to verify although being the end column it'll probably be hard to confirm. Typically DMD failures aren't repairable and most people will simply replace them - I think you can still get plasma displays if you like the classic look (certainly easy to pick up 2nd hand ones) or you can go for a modern replacement either LCD or LED options are available.

1 week later
#4947 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

I don’t believe that’s the same part , it’s 01-10772 ? Unless it’s mislabeled .

No they are different

CFTBL ball guides (resized).jpgCFTBL ball guides (resized).jpg

CFTBL ball guides1 (resized).jpgCFTBL ball guides1 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#4961 1 year ago
Quoted from Xavi3r81:

Hi I recently bought a cftbl whith some work to do.
I noticed that the wires have been hacked before the power converter.
My question is why someone would do this ? What can cause this hack ?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I am asking because i want to put everything back but i do not want to do something wrong.
Pinball is working fine( sometimes some strange things like it gives me 2 ball instead of 1, tells me free ticket in game ) and i got all lamps back to work.

Most likely it’s moved between countries with different voltages, but rather than jumper the 9 pin plug as designed, they’ve done a hack job.

You’ll find the voltage jumper configurations in the first page of the schematics manual.

#4966 1 year ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

I was thinking in terms of *avoiding* the need for any reconstruction: for either a Raspberry Pi *or* a mini-LCD monitor going into the assembly path. This presumes that the two motors remain functional. It also skips having to synchronize anything else with code / gameplay. The most simple solution, and should cost the least. But these aforementioned conditions had to fall into place. AFAIK, that photographic element seems to be just an oversized slide, like some of us might have shot on Ektachrome, back in the days of Nikon etc. SLR film cameras, before photography went digital. Not exactly common current day tech, but you could still find some photography pros who were well enough versed in it. Hopefully there are still some labs around -- or personal basement labs -- that are capable of handling film. (I mean, as with movies, there are still a small handful of people like Christopher Nolan who shoot them on film. Has larger format like IMAX gone digital ? Probably, but not sure.)
Anyway, once you start talking about video clips, you are basically back into MikeD mod territory.

Here's some background on holograms - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holography

Plenty of people have investigated the issues around the CFTBL holo and what it'd take to reproduce
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-found-photo-of-original-model-used-for-hologram-need-your-help
https://www.iobium.com/creature_hologram.htm
https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/whats-the-deal-with-repro-cftbl-holograms.46299/

#4969 1 year ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Thanks to you and to Manny65 for those links. (Such direct URLs are always appreciated, since my luck with Pinside thread searches tends to be spotty.) Looks like I have a fair amount of reading there, in order to get caught up. But in quickly noting that those posts range from 6 - 9 years old, that can't be a good indication on the status. OTOH, if Bally was able to manufacture those transparencies decades ago, and in quantity, the process ought not to be rocket science . . . .

A lot of the ways items were manufactured back in those days are no longer possible due to the chemicals and processes now being banned

1 month later
#5039 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbarclay:

Yes. I can swing it all the way down toward the apron and all the way up toward the rest of the playfield. Also, when I hold the flipper mech in place under the playfield, I'm still able to swing the bat with my other hand. (The right flipper does not move freely when I'm holding it under the playfield)

When you hold the mech and swing the bat, does the flipper bat’s metal shaft rotate? You’ll need to look closely at the mech or put a mark on the shaft to make it easier to tell. I suspect the shaft isn’t moving but rather the plastic bat has cracked and is slipping on the shaft. If this is the case you simply need to replace the flipper bat (it comes fixed to the shaft)

#5058 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Where did you order the chip from?

The suppliers are listed here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-williams-and-bally-software-upgrades#post-5967031

Quoted from Jakers:

Does the L5 chip stop the LED ghosting of the GI, or just the inserts?

Here's what Soren (L5 creator) has posted in regards to using LEDs in GI vs control lamps and what is possible in the code https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-williams-and-bally-software-upgrades/page/2#post-5968392

Also here are the L5 release notes https://dotsandloopspinball.com/rn/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon%20rev%2050%20Release%20note.txt - you could

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

€ 24.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manny65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome?tu=Manny65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.