IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 115.
#4901 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

When upgrading to LEDs what do folks do with the above playfield lights on the signs? The ones that traditionally used condoms?
Looking for some inspiration!

Try these from Comet. 2E360540-4EA4-4B8E-85EA-0640A9565545 (resized).jpeg2E360540-4EA4-4B8E-85EA-0640A9565545 (resized).jpeg

#4902 1 year ago

When upgrading to LEDs what do folks do with the above playfield lights on the signs? The ones that traditionally used condoms?

I use LEDs, and then put the condoms on them. I cut them to fit properly. Just use scissors and some patience to slip them on. It looks better than leaving everything frosted white. The condom keeps the lights from flashing too brightly in your face. The coloured domes from Comet are nice but too bright without the condoms.

1 (resized).jpeg1 (resized).jpeg

2 (resized).jpeg2 (resized).jpeg

#4903 1 year ago

I’m a big fan of the colored incandescents. They look super classy and have a nice dim glow.

#4904 1 year ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

I’m a big fan of the colored incandescents. They look super classy and have a nice dim glow.

Being mostly old-school about these things, I've put away a decent stock of the more common incandescents, but I don't recall seeing the colored ones. Where do you order those ?

#4905 1 year ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Being mostly old-school about these things, I've put away a decent stock of the more common incandescents, but I don't recall seeing the colored ones. Where do you order those ?

Initially got some at Pinfest but more recently ordered from here: https://www.bulbtown.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=555R

Pulled a little video from my Instagram: https://imgur.com/a/yABic3l

#4906 1 year ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

Initially got some at Pinfest but more recently ordered from here: https://www.bulbtown.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=555R

Those do look nice.

#4907 1 year ago

Hello everyone.

Today i noticed that my dmd seems a bit off to the rigth side. So the box is cutt off. Someone had this and knows how to fix it?

Thanks

20230105_204322.jpg20230105_204322.jpg
#4908 1 year ago

I think the furthest right vertical line of your dmd is out.

#4909 1 year ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Hello everyone.
Today i noticed that my dmd seems a bit off to the rigth side. So the box is cutt off. Someone had this and knows how to fix it?
Thanks
[quoted image]

As matt_adams posted it looks like the right most vertical line on the DMD has failed. You can go into display test mode to verify although being the end column it'll probably be hard to confirm. Typically DMD failures aren't repairable and most people will simply replace them - I think you can still get plasma displays if you like the classic look (certainly easy to pick up 2nd hand ones) or you can go for a modern replacement either LCD or LED options are available.

#4910 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

As matt_adams posted it looks like the right most vertical line on the DMD has failed. You can go into display test mode to verify although being the end column it'll probably be hard to confirm. Typically DMD failures aren't repairable and most people will simply replace them - I think you can still get plasma displays if you like the classic look (certainly easy to pick up 2nd hand ones) or you can go for a modern replacement either LCD or LED options are available.

There is a "step" mode in the display test that allows you to walk one line at a time through the display. You just need to use one of the center switches to change from auto to manual step.

I've fixed several displays that have rows/columns out. It's not difficult but it takes a steady hand and some soldering skills to get it to setup correctly. Then you dab some silicon/caulk on it to hold everything in place. [edit] Assuming it's a broken flex connector!

#4911 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Try these from Comet. [quoted image]

Yes... these are great. Here are a couple pics of them on and off on my Creech and TAF. Highly recommended.

IMG_4942 (resized).jpgIMG_4942 (resized).jpgIMG_4943 (resized).jpgIMG_4943 (resized).jpgIMG_4944 (resized).jpgIMG_4944 (resized).jpgIMG_4945 (resized).jpgIMG_4945 (resized).jpg
#4912 1 year ago

Just finished tweaking my pinsound mix, if anyone wants to try it drop me a pm with your email. 1.1GB
Its a mash up of wools, the og and my own and lots of other changes. Original callouts in the main all cleaned up of noise and converted to stereo.

Added 15 months ago:

Edit: mix will be up on pinsound community shortly.

#4913 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

Just finished tweaking my pinsound mix, if anyone wants to try it drop me a pm with your email. 1.1GB
Its a mash up of wools, the og and my own and lots of other changes. Original callouts in the main all cleaned up of noise and converted to stereo.

One thing that has always remained unclear on mine (garbled ? mumbled ? slurred ?) is the "Use the Snack Bar" callout for restart of MB. You don't really know for sure WHAT it's saying. Is that particular sound glitch pretty common ? With Centaur, I replaced both of the two sound boards, and all the slurred or wrong-speed speech cleared up very nicely. It would be great if there was as simple and straightforward a fix like that for CFTBL. Prefer one that does not deviate from factory spec. If Pinsound is one of those many mods which require additional tie-ins for electrical support, it would be of much less interest to me. Also, if CFTBL is not going to be a longer term keeper for me -- which is a possibility -- I may have neared the end of being willing to put more $$ into it.

#4914 1 year ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

One thing that has always remained unclear on mine (garbled ? mumbled ? slurred ?) is the "Use the Snack Bar" callout for restart of MB. You don't really know for sure WHAT it's saying. Is that particular sound glitch pretty common ? With Centaur, I replaced both of the two sound boards, and all the slurred or wrong-speed speech cleared up very nicely. It would be great if there was as simple and straightforward a fix like that for CFTBL. Prefer one that does not deviate from factory spec. If Pinsound is one of those many mods which require additional tie-ins for electrical support, it would be of much less interest to me. Also, if CFTBL is not going to be a longer term keeper for me -- which is a possibility -- I may have neared the end of being willing to put more $$ into it.

I've always heard it as "Shoot the Snack Bar"
Played a game and as you say it's a bit slurred, it could very well be "Use the Snack Bar"

#4915 1 year ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

I think the furthest right vertical line of your dmd is out.

Quoted from Manny65:

Quoted from bakerhillpins:

There is a "step" mode in the display test that allows you to walk one line at a time through the display. You just need to use one of the center switches to change from auto to manual step.
I've fixed several displays that have rows/columns out. It's not difficult but it takes a steady hand and some soldering skills to get it to setup correctly. Then you dab some silicon/caulk on it to hold everything in place. [edit] Assuming it's a broken flex connector!

Thanks for all the Help
Try the test mode and check the flex. let you know if i am able to fix the problem. Lucky i would have a spare DMD but if i can fix it great.

#4916 1 year ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Thanks for all the Help
Try the test mode and check the flex. let you know if i am able to fix the problem. Lucky i would have a spare DMD but if i can fix it great.

Some pics from a previous repair job..

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4917 1 year ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

I think you've answered your own questions here?!
I'd say you are not in love with the game like I am so leave it. It is Shoot the Snack Bar btw.

All the callouts in this game are noisy, some are meant be like coming through a drive in speaker etc.
I didn't like the remade callouts personally as they sound too clean if that makes sense, but hats off to the people that did it as its a ton of work.
There's a few replaced ones in my latest mix, and all of the originals left I reduced the noise significantly and made into stereo. All subtle.

Also a few Easter egg callouts in there from other games which were fun to do. Hey it's only Pinball

#4918 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

I think you've answered your own questions here?!
I'd say you are not in love with the game like I am so leave it. It is Shoot the Snack Bar btw.
All the callouts in this game are noisy, some are meant be like coming through a drive in speaker etc.
I didn't like the remade callouts personally as they sound too clean if that makes sense, but hats off to the people that did it as its a ton of work.
There's a few replaced ones in my latest mix, and all of the originals left I reduced the noise significantly and made into stereo. All subtle.
Also a few Easter egg callouts in there from other games which were fun to do. Hey it's only Pinball

How do you reduce the noise? I have used audacity in the past with the pseudo stereo plugin with good results but haven't ventured into noise reduction.

#4919 1 year ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

Some pics from a previous repair job.. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for pointing me the place.
Thest mode last line doesn't work so i took it out. Was pretty Obviously. I can fix that thanks for the help.
20230107_150631.jpg20230107_150631.jpg

#4920 1 year ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Thanks for pointing me the place.
Thest mode last line doesn't work so i took it out. Was pretty Obviously. I can fix that thanks for the help.
[quoted image]

Glad you found it. Ya, that should be an easy fix.

#4921 1 year ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

I can fix that

Let us know if you fixed it with your Army Knife.

#4922 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Let us know if you fixed it with your Army Knife.

Sure this always comes Handy.

20230108_121743.jpg20230108_121743.jpg

A bit cleaning and soldering and i used some resin and hardenet it as it seems they have done that factory to prevent that they break.

20230108_123739.jpg20230108_123739.jpg
20230108_124802.jpg20230108_124802.jpg

Works again and looks great. Thank you.

20230108_124042.jpg20230108_124042.jpg

#4923 1 year ago

I am betting that one of you have done a playfield swap for you CFTBL and you now have a worn playfield either hanging on the wall or in storage. I am looking for one to support a friend doing a retheme. Please PM if you are willing to let go of your old PF.

Fantastic

#4924 1 year ago

Good Morning and Happy New Year!

I picked up a CFTBL a couple weeks ago and like so many others I wasn't content with the original Hologram. I set out to make it better and as such I decided I wanted some clips from the original 1954 classic to play in place of the hologram. Below is a short video of what I came up with as well as a couple pictures of the setup.

I am currently using some leftover PCBs from some old Pinshakers boards as a prototype arrangement. If I can get enough people interested in this then I will develop some specific PCBs that will interface with the setup as well as apply for the rights to use the clips in a commercial product. I know there are other kits out there that do something similar, however I do not believe there is an interactive one that plays clips from the original movie.

Pricing for this kit will vary based on the current cost of the Raspberry Pi's but it will be in the $250-$300 range for everything plus shipping. If you happen to already have a Raspberry Pi then it will be a flat $200 plus shipping.

FEATURES

- 8 B/W clips from the 1954 movie that are each 30-60sec long
- The 8 clips play in random order whenever the hologram would be active
- I am using a Raspberry Pi 3B, however it should be compatible with a 2B, 3B+, and 4B as well (I will verify this prior to releasing the product commercially)
- Power is supplied to the Raspberry Pi and LCD display from the machine, much in the same way as my Pinshakers kits supply power
- Single USB-C cable from the backbox interface board to the Pi/Screen that supplies the power as well as the interactive triggers
- Screen is mounted in place of the hologram using existing holes/mounting brackets.. no need to drill any new holes into the bottom of your playfield
- Clips are 1080P and the screen is 1024x600
- Everything is plug-n-play, Install is easy and would take 15-20 minutes

THEORY OF OPERATION

When you turn on your machine, the kit will provide power to the Pi and Screen. The screen will boot up in a silent mode directly to a black screen where it will wait for the creature mode to start. As soon as you find the creature during gameplay, the custom program will begin playing the 8 clips in random order. As soon as you drain one of the two pinballs the video will stop and it will revert back to a black screen where it will wait in standby mode for the next time you find the creature and the entire process will repeat. The 8 clips play in a loop, so if you happen to keep the balls active and all 8 clips play, it will automatically go back to the first chosen clip and play the 8 clips over again in the same random order.

The 8 clips reside in a folder in the /home/pi/Videos/clips directory. The program plays in random order whatever is in that folder so you would be able to go in and remove, change, or add your own clips if you wanted to as long as they are in .MP4 format and rotated to portrait.

I appreciate your time and you are welcome to ask any questions or provide any ideas or criticism.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg

#4925 1 year ago

Is there anyone who makes a decal of just this from the sides of the cabinet right next to the flipper buttons?:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4926 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Is there anyone who makes a decal of just this from the sides of the cabinet right next to the flipper buttons?:[quoted image]

#4927 1 year ago
Quoted from robgo777:

I picked up a CFTBL a couple weeks ago and like so many others I wasn't content with the original Hologram. I set out to make it better and as such I decided I wanted some clips from the original 1954 classic to play in place of the hologram. Below is a short video of what I came up with as well as a couple pictures of the setup.
I am currently using some leftover PCBs from some old Pinshakers boards as a prototype arrangement. If I can get enough people interested in this then I will develop some specific PCBs that will interface with the setup as well as apply for the rights to use the clips in a commercial product. I know there are other kits out there that do something similar, however I do not believe there is an interactive one that plays clips from the original movie.
Pricing for this kit will vary based on the current cost of the Raspberry Pi's but it will be in the $250-$300 range for everything plus shipping. If you happen to already have a Raspberry Pi then it will be a flat $200 plus shipping.
FEATURES
- I am using a Raspberry Pi 3B, however it should be compatible with a 2B, 3B+, and 4B as well (I will verify this prior to releasing the product commercially)
- Power is supplied to the Raspberry Pi and LCD display from the machine, much in the same way as my Pinshakers kits supply power
- Single USB-C cable from the backbox interface board to the Pi/Screen that supplies the power as well as the interactive triggers
- Screen is mounted in place of the hologram using existing holes/mounting brackets.. no need to drill any new holes into the bottom of your playfield
THEORY OF OPERATION
When you turn on your machine, the kit will provide power to the Pi and Screen. The screen will boot up in a silent mode directly to a black screen where it will wait for the creature mode to start. As soon as you find the creature during gameplay, the custom program will begin playing the 8 clips in random order. As soon as you drain one of the two pinballs the video will stop and it will revert back to a black screen where it will wait in standby mode for the next time you find the creature and the entire process will repeat. The 8 clips play in a loop, so if you happen to keep the balls active and all 8 clips play, it will automatically go back to the first chosen clip and play the 8 clips over again in the same random order.
The 8 clips reside in a folder in the /home/pi/Videos/clips directory. The program plays in random order whatever is in that folder so you would be able to go in and remove, change, or add your own clips if you wanted to as long as they are in .MP4 format and rotated to portrait.
I appreciate your time and you are welcome to ask any questions or provide any ideas or criticism.
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC

[quoted image][quoted image]

Interested

#4928 1 year ago
Quoted from robgo777:

I wasn't content with the original Hologram and set out to make it better. I decided I wanted some clips from the original 1954 classic to play in place of the hologram.

Replacing the green hologram of the creature with b&w 2-D clips from the movie may be a decent alternative for a bad hologram.

But two previous video kits have replaced the hologram with color 2-D animations of the creature AND added color animations for other modes, so something is always playing on the screen. Those kits can be an upgrade even for a machine with a good hologram.

#4929 1 year ago

I'm really happy with my 3d model setup for my hologram but I think your concept with bw clips is fantastic. I have had 3 versions of the screens and liked none to be honest but would definitely fit yours if I wasn't already happy with my setup. Great idea and concept to complement the game and mode.

#4930 1 year ago
Quoted from robgo777:

FEATURES
THEORY OF OPERATION
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC

Damn that is so cool! My favorite alternative to an original Hologram by far.

#4931 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Replacing the green hologram of the creature with b&w 2-D clips from the movie may be a decent alternative for a bad hologram.
But two previous video kits have replaced the hologram with color 2-D animations of the creature AND added color animations for other modes, so something is always playing on the screen. Those kits can be an upgrade even for a machine with a good hologram.

Yes I totally get that, and I am not trying to compete or undermine those in any way. I just set out to make something different because I know that not everyone likes the animated versions and I was not able to find a kit out there that is interactive and uses clips from the original movie.

I appreciate the comments.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC

#4932 1 year ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

Thanks for the link. Their website appears non-functional at the moment: nothing selected will show up in the order Cart, "Contact Us" brings up an apology, mentioning a move to a new website under development but no updated URL. I wrote to them a few days ago, but no reply so far. Their catalog looked extensive, but navigating for what you want was rather trial & error. So far, I found mention of 4 colors of the #555 incandescent there. Were there additional color options for this ?

Added 15 months ago:

[Negative on phone message left as well, so things are looking more amiss here. Have they ceased operations ? Anyway, may need to check for these at other suppliers.]

Added 15 months ago:

[Never Mind: just got the callback and am placing the order with them. Website is still under construction. They have 5 varieties of #555, including a flashing amber. I did find that Marco had 4 colors, available as Elko 10-bulb multi-packs, which may come in handy for some but seems around double of what I'm likely to need. {I'd still like to find one in Purple.} The lady from Bulbtown -- which is in FL., btw. -- advises me that production -- or possibly even sale ? -- of incandescent bulbs in the U.S. is slated to end 6/'23. (The miniature bulbs for pinball machines are probably exempted from this.) So, it's NOT ONLY our notorious "Nanny State" that is intrusively minding our business on such things, along with phasing out gas stoves and appliances, etc. If you happen to be an incandescent-light-fancier and quasi-Luddite like me, time to Stock Up !]

#4933 1 year ago

[posting error: disregard]
How do we zap one of these completely ?

#4934 1 year ago

[posting error: disregard]

#4935 1 year ago

Anyone have a non-broken one of these? Goes by the left ramp, or maybe one you got from Cliffy but arent using? Have a restore going on and would like to get this piece in now But I believe Cliffy has a long wait.

CFTBL-01-10772-004 (resized).jpgCFTBL-01-10772-004 (resized).jpgGoett-inst-3-2017 (resized).jpgGoett-inst-3-2017 (resized).jpg
#4936 1 year ago

I want to install 5.0 chip from Matt's. Is this the right location? I removed the old chip. Thanks.

20230113_074152 (resized).jpg20230113_074152 (resized).jpg
#4937 1 year ago

Yes U6 is the right place for the game rom
Mind the orientation of the chip

#4938 1 year ago
Quoted from harig:

Yes U6 is the right place for the game rom
Mind the orientation of the chip

Thankyou. Notch goes to right side.

Chip is in and pin is working perfectly.

#4939 1 year ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Thankyou. Notch goes to right side.
Chip is in and pin is working perfectly.

Cool update hey I did mine a few months ago

#4940 1 year ago
Quoted from robgo777:

FEATURES
THEORY OF OPERATION
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC

I would be in for one

#4941 1 year ago

Hi. During boot up there was a phone ring sound followed by "oh baby" voice sound. Have booted up 1000's of times and never experienced this. Anyone know anything about this?

#4942 1 year ago

With pinsound installed, you can put a small boot sound in there. I do it to all my games. Keep it to about 12 seconds long.....

#4943 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I would be in for one

They were out of stock at the link where I checked. (From earlier in the forum thread, but can't recall now.) So, which vendors have these in stock currently ?

#4944 1 year ago

We don't have a projector bulb for the hologram. The socket fits a bayonet flasher so I believe it's original.
Is it a 1156? What are my options for a LED version? Will any work or does it have to be a particular specification?

I'm in the UK so if suggesting an item it would be good if on Amazon UK.
I did have a look but was overwhelmed with the choice and didn't know if they would work.

I was thinking something like this? Lots of the others have LEDs all over but I figured you want the light at the end and in a dome for it to project towards the hologram? Or more wattage?
ALOPEE 1156 LED Bulb 3014 39 SMD Chips P21W 382 Ba15s 7506 1141 1003 Used For Backup Reverse Lights Tail Lights,Turn Signal Light,RV lights(10-30V) https://amzn.eu/d/3xgKhkh

#4945 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Anyone have a non-broken one of these? Goes by the left ramp, or maybe one you got from Cliffy but arent using? Have a restore going on and would like to get this piece in now But I believe Cliffy has a long wait. [quoted image][quoted image]

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-10773

#4946 1 year ago

I don’t believe that’s the same part , it’s 01-10772 ? Unless it’s mislabeled .

#4947 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

No they are different

CFTBL ball guides (resized).jpgCFTBL ball guides (resized).jpg

CFTBL ball guides1 (resized).jpgCFTBL ball guides1 (resized).jpg

#4948 1 year ago

Anyone want an original speaker panel plastic? This one is in great condition and the backing was removed so this will work with the taillight mod. There was some light scratching to the back that was repaired, you can’t even tell. All I ask is to pay shipping + 5.00.
Cheers

5F1D81A3-A9D9-4173-8F7C-2A9191EFA89C (resized).jpeg5F1D81A3-A9D9-4173-8F7C-2A9191EFA89C (resized).jpeg7FD283E1-03B7-4E2E-ACE2-97493245CAD0 (resized).jpeg7FD283E1-03B7-4E2E-ACE2-97493245CAD0 (resized).jpegA3868AE3-9616-4759-8757-CFB6CCD41006 (resized).jpegA3868AE3-9616-4759-8757-CFB6CCD41006 (resized).jpegC063066E-C2EA-4DD8-B2A0-3CC4A1157803 (resized).jpegC063066E-C2EA-4DD8-B2A0-3CC4A1157803 (resized).jpeg
#4949 1 year ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

They were out of stock at the link where I checked. (From earlier in the forum thread, but can't recall now.) So, which vendors have these in stock currently ?

Not sure about the other versions but we have decided to go ahead and produce these. They will be available in the coming weeks. I will create a separate thread with the announcement and photos of the actual kit so as to not hijack this one but will let you guys know.

Thanks for the interest and for all who responded.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC

#4950 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

sorry about that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.00
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 115.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.