Creech 2 (resized).jpg
Creech 1 (resized).jpg
20221110_194051 (resized).jpg
20221110_190122 (resized).jpg
imagejpeg_0 (resized).jpg
Resized_20221109_153226_337991266167731 (resized).jpeg
metallica - mystery hole scoop (resized).JPG
cftbl - snackbar metal (resized).jpg

There are 4,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 97.
#4801 20 days ago

Who has options for apron cards, besides pinballcards.com?

#4803 19 days ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Who has options for apron cards, besides pinballcards.com?

I ordered the snack attack kit a while back. It was on back order when I ordered it but well worth the wait. Awesome kit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1256-upkick-pinball/03770-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-snack-attack-kit

#4804 13 days ago

Just listed on eBay for those looking for a mint Creach topper.

ebay.com link: itm

Creech 1 (resized).jpgCreech 2 (resized).jpg
#4805 12 days ago

Anyone added an external power supply to creature ? I'm installing the Hollomodsp and the directions they gave for the power supply make zero sense to me

#4806 11 days ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Anyone added an external power supply to creature ? I'm installing the Hollomodsp and the directions they gave for the power supply make zero sense to me

I have done this on a number of my Bally/Williams machines. PM me and I will help walk you through it if you want.

#4807 11 days ago

Yes, highly recommend external power supplies. I have them in all but one game. one of the best things you can do to power mods, speaker amps and save the power driver board

Highly recommend ArcadeUpkeep kit https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1233-arcade-upkeep/03718-dual-voltage-mod-power-supply-kit

FA847027-A189-4478-AA53-199F032C3C9E (resized).jpeg
#4808 11 days ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

What is the problem ?

The power supply is connected, with two quick splicers, to the 100v of the power connector of the DMD controller board, so the Holomodsp power is turned on and off at the same time as the machine. This is how everyone who buys the power supply with the kit installs it and they have no problems.

I have it like this also in my pinball and it works perfectly. The photos in the manual are from the installation of my machine.

ScreenHunter_134 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_135 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_137.jpgScreenHunter_136 (resized).jpg
ScreenHunter_138.jpgScreenHunter_139.jpgScreenHunter_140.jpg

#4809 10 days ago
Quoted from Mellow:

ebay.com link: itm[quoted image][quoted image]

This doesn't light up, move at all, or anything -- right ?
Looks quite good in the pix, and I might have had some serious interest, but bidding on this item has already topped $400., with 3 days left to go, so I'm OUT. Where this is apt to finish will exceed my level of interest. (For the record, I rarely find the color DMDs to be worth what they cost either -- though some of them seem better than others.)

#4810 10 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

my creech is currently in a state of repair but I should be able to get photos of either the RFM or metallica that I also protected with both.
it's been awhile, but from what I remember the cliffy has to be installed first and you have to make sure that you've installed it properly (the clips on the interior edge of the cliffy need to be secured as tightly to the inside wall of the hole as you can so that you have enough room to fit the mantis in the hole as well and then secure it in place.
the 2 or 3 walls of mantis protector (depending on which one is used) also help prevent the cliffy from sliding off and becoming deformed/damaged. the cliffy protector will protect the top and beveled edge of the hole, while the mantis protects the interior walls of the hole. most VUK deflectors only provide protection on the back edge.
games that only have a single piece of curved deflector metal (like CftBL) will eventually become bent out of shape over time from ball strikes
[quoted image]
stern's design for metallica is a bit better, having a piece of backup metal to help prevent the distorting of the curved deflector.
[quoted image]
games like RFM actually provided 2-sides of protection where the curved deflector portion was welded to one side and that design helped to keep the exit angle consistent.
[quoted image]
here's 2 photos from the RFM topside and bottom (as best as I could get)
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Just had my tech install the Cliffy + Mantis for the Snack Bar hole. Your comments and pix were helpful, so thanks again. It looked as though there was going to be a problem: the ball would hang up, get stuck, not pass through. Spacing too tight inside, I guess. It seems that my tech was able to work around this, using washers to give a bit more offset and enhance the interior space. Time will tell about that. I took some pix of the extent of hole damage before this retrofit. That was on the low side I hope, but I should be able to post them.

We discovered that the hole damage at the KISS hole was slightly worse than at the Snack Bar. Turns out the Cliffy did not come as a set, like the Mantis did, so I'll need to obtain another Cliffy. Is it the same exact Cliffy as for the Snack Bar hole, or a different one ? And I suppose this will be another Cliffy + Mantis job, just like for the Snack Bar ?

#4811 8 days ago

No it’s a different one

#4812 8 days ago
Quoted from AndyC:

No it’s a different one

O.K., then I need the right Cliffy catalog #.

#4813 8 days ago

Looking at his website he doesn’t seem to have part numbers, you probably just need to order via description shouldn’t be a problem if you are ordering directly from Cliff

#4814 7 days ago
Quoted from AndyC:

Looking at his website he doesn’t seem to have part numbers, you probably just need to order via description shouldn’t be a problem if you are ordering directly from Cliff

Yes, this is how you do it. Just tell him what you need and for what and quantity (if applicable).

#4815 7 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've actually got both a cliffy and mantis in both my metallica and CftBL. it really doesn't impact game play and provides some great protection to your machine

It may be too soon to tell -- not enough plays yet -- but an early impression is that some shots to the Snack Bar hole that used to go in are now bouncing off. The more straight on, direct shots, as opposed to less direct ones, which are going in. We got the forward lip of the Cliffy as flush with the pf as can be. Is this the unavoidable tradeoff for protection ?

#4816 7 days ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

It may be too soon to tell -- not enough plays yet -- but an early impression is that some shots to the Snack Bar hole that used to go in are now bouncing off. The more straight on, direct shots, as opposed to less direct ones, which are going in. We got the forward lip of the Cliffy as flush with the pf as can be. Is this the unavoidable tradeoff for protection ?

yes, I've found that to be the case with all of cliffy's products. the slightly smaller hole, in addition to the surrounding lip all play into the chance that the ball doesn't drop as easily as it did without the protection. a trade-off that I was willing to accept when I installed mine.

#4817 7 days ago

Looking to join the club, if anyone is thinking of selling. Thanks!

#4818 6 days ago

Only 3,700 made . . . when I looked that up, I had thought that # was going to be higher. Less than half that many for Centaur II. I had long been hearing that Centaur was an arcade staple, with many having seen them and played them. And I contrasted that with many titles that I'd never seen anywhere, until PHOF or Banning.

#4819 5 days ago
Quoted from Mellow:

ebay.com link: itm[quoted image][quoted image]

Yikes. Can’t believe what that went for. Anyone want mine for that price?

#4820 5 days ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

Yikes. Can’t believe what that went for. Anyone want mine for that price?

What did it sell for?

#4821 5 days ago
Quoted from AndyC:

What did it sell for?

HOLY SHIT ! $ 910 !! About $ 780 after fees.

I have one in the original box. Probably need to sell mine too.

#4822 4 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

There has to be at least another bidder who missed out to push it that high. Strike while the irons hot!

#4823 4 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

My prediction proved true. Nice looking item, but glad it was an instant El Paso for me, even at the then $410.
So, out of curiosity, what was the original price NIB, when first on the market ?

#4824 4 days ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

So, out of curiosity, what was the original price NIB, when first on the market ?

Monsters in Motion sold them for 130 USD

https://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/item-list-fj-c-5_258/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-universal-monsters-grave-walker-foam-prop-p-17298.html

#4825 4 days ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

My prediction proved true. Nice looking item, but glad it was an instant El Paso for me, even at the then $410.

Bought mine on Amazon a year ago for about 240 shipped.

#4826 4 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Bought mine on Amazon a year ago for about 240 shipped.

Quoted from Thor-NL:

Monsters in Motion sold them for 130 USD

Bought mine in March 2019 for $101 from Amazon

#4827 3 days ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Bought mine in March 2019 for $101 from Amazon

Well, more than just general inflation it seems !
At least it doesn't require electrical support . . . ?
As I probably mentioned, there was another one being sold on eBay some time ago, a more standard topper where the eyes lit up. And I think the price was still a fraction of that eBay auction close.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
21,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 179.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 4,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!