IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6280 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 114.
#4801 1 year ago

Who has options for apron cards, besides pinballcards.com?

#4803 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Who has options for apron cards, besides pinballcards.com?

I ordered the snack attack kit a while back. It was on back order when I ordered it but well worth the wait. Awesome kit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1256-upkick-pinball/03770-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-snack-attack-kit

#4804 1 year ago

Just listed on eBay for those looking for a mint Creach topper.

ebay.com link: itm

Creech 1 (resized).jpgCreech 1 (resized).jpgCreech 2 (resized).jpgCreech 2 (resized).jpg
#4805 1 year ago

Anyone added an external power supply to creature ? I'm installing the Hollomodsp and the directions they gave for the power supply make zero sense to me

#4806 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Anyone added an external power supply to creature ? I'm installing the Hollomodsp and the directions they gave for the power supply make zero sense to me

I have done this on a number of my Bally/Williams machines. PM me and I will help walk you through it if you want.

#4807 1 year ago

Yes, highly recommend external power supplies. I have them in all but one game. one of the best things you can do to power mods, speaker amps and save the power driver board

Highly recommend ArcadeUpkeep kit https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1233-arcade-upkeep/03718-dual-voltage-mod-power-supply-kit

FA847027-A189-4478-AA53-199F032C3C9E (resized).jpegFA847027-A189-4478-AA53-199F032C3C9E (resized).jpeg
#4808 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

What is the problem ?

The power supply is connected, with two quick splicers, to the 100v of the power connector of the DMD controller board, so the Holomodsp power is turned on and off at the same time as the machine. This is how everyone who buys the power supply with the kit installs it and they have no problems.

I have it like this also in my pinball and it works perfectly. The photos in the manual are from the installation of my machine.

ScreenHunter_134 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_134 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_135 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_135 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_137.jpgScreenHunter_137.jpgScreenHunter_136 (resized).jpgScreenHunter_136 (resized).jpg
ScreenHunter_138.jpgScreenHunter_138.jpgScreenHunter_139.jpgScreenHunter_139.jpgScreenHunter_140.jpgScreenHunter_140.jpg

#4809 1 year ago
Quoted from Mellow:

ebay.com link: itm[quoted image][quoted image]

This doesn't light up, move at all, or anything -- right ?
Looks quite good in the pix, and I might have had some serious interest, but bidding on this item has already topped $400., with 3 days left to go, so I'm OUT. Where this is apt to finish will exceed my level of interest. (For the record, I rarely find the color DMDs to be worth what they cost either -- though some of them seem better than others.)

#4810 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

my creech is currently in a state of repair but I should be able to get photos of either the RFM or metallica that I also protected with both.
it's been awhile, but from what I remember the cliffy has to be installed first and you have to make sure that you've installed it properly (the clips on the interior edge of the cliffy need to be secured as tightly to the inside wall of the hole as you can so that you have enough room to fit the mantis in the hole as well and then secure it in place.
the 2 or 3 walls of mantis protector (depending on which one is used) also help prevent the cliffy from sliding off and becoming deformed/damaged. the cliffy protector will protect the top and beveled edge of the hole, while the mantis protects the interior walls of the hole. most VUK deflectors only provide protection on the back edge.
games that only have a single piece of curved deflector metal (like CftBL) will eventually become bent out of shape over time from ball strikes
[quoted image]
stern's design for metallica is a bit better, having a piece of backup metal to help prevent the distorting of the curved deflector.
[quoted image]
games like RFM actually provided 2-sides of protection where the curved deflector portion was welded to one side and that design helped to keep the exit angle consistent.
[quoted image]
here's 2 photos from the RFM topside and bottom (as best as I could get)
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Just had my tech install the Cliffy + Mantis for the Snack Bar hole. Your comments and pix were helpful, so thanks again. It looked as though there was going to be a problem: the ball would hang up, get stuck, not pass through. Spacing too tight inside, I guess. It seems that my tech was able to work around this, using washers to give a bit more offset and enhance the interior space. Time will tell about that. I took some pix of the extent of hole damage before this retrofit. That was on the low side I hope, but I should be able to post them.

We discovered that the hole damage at the KISS hole was slightly worse than at the Snack Bar. Turns out the Cliffy did not come as a set, like the Mantis did, so I'll need to obtain another Cliffy. Is it the same exact Cliffy as for the Snack Bar hole, or a different one ? And I suppose this will be another Cliffy + Mantis job, just like for the Snack Bar ?

#4811 1 year ago

No it’s a different one

#4812 1 year ago
Quoted from AndyC:

No it’s a different one

O.K., then I need the right Cliffy catalog #.

#4813 1 year ago

Looking at his website he doesn’t seem to have part numbers, you probably just need to order via description shouldn’t be a problem if you are ordering directly from Cliff

#4814 1 year ago
Quoted from AndyC:

Looking at his website he doesn’t seem to have part numbers, you probably just need to order via description shouldn’t be a problem if you are ordering directly from Cliff

Yes, this is how you do it. Just tell him what you need and for what and quantity (if applicable).

#4815 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've actually got both a cliffy and mantis in both my metallica and CftBL. it really doesn't impact game play and provides some great protection to your machine

It may be too soon to tell -- not enough plays yet -- but an early impression is that some shots to the Snack Bar hole that used to go in are now bouncing off. The more straight on, direct shots, as opposed to less direct ones, which are going in. We got the forward lip of the Cliffy as flush with the pf as can be. Is this the unavoidable tradeoff for protection ?

#4816 1 year ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

It may be too soon to tell -- not enough plays yet -- but an early impression is that some shots to the Snack Bar hole that used to go in are now bouncing off. The more straight on, direct shots, as opposed to less direct ones, which are going in. We got the forward lip of the Cliffy as flush with the pf as can be. Is this the unavoidable tradeoff for protection ?

yes, I've found that to be the case with all of cliffy's products. the slightly smaller hole, in addition to the surrounding lip all play into the chance that the ball doesn't drop as easily as it did without the protection. a trade-off that I was willing to accept when I installed mine.

#4817 1 year ago

Looking to join the club, if anyone is thinking of selling. Thanks!

#4818 1 year ago

Only 3,700 made . . . when I looked that up, I had thought that # was going to be higher. Less than half that many for Centaur II. I had long been hearing that Centaur was an arcade staple, with many having seen them and played them. And I contrasted that with many titles that I'd never seen anywhere, until PHOF or Banning.

#4819 1 year ago
Quoted from Mellow:

ebay.com link: itm[quoted image][quoted image]

Yikes. Can’t believe what that went for. Anyone want mine for that price?

#4820 1 year ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

Yikes. Can’t believe what that went for. Anyone want mine for that price?

What did it sell for?

#4821 1 year ago
Quoted from AndyC:

What did it sell for?

HOLY SHIT ! $ 910 !! About $ 780 after fees.

I have one in the original box. Probably need to sell mine too.

#4822 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

There has to be at least another bidder who missed out to push it that high. Strike while the irons hot!

#4823 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

My prediction proved true. Nice looking item, but glad it was an instant El Paso for me, even at the then $410.
So, out of curiosity, what was the original price NIB, when first on the market ?

#4824 1 year ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

So, out of curiosity, what was the original price NIB, when first on the market ?

Monsters in Motion sold them for 130 USD

https://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/item-list-fj-c-5_258/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-universal-monsters-grave-walker-foam-prop-p-17298.html

#4825 1 year ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

My prediction proved true. Nice looking item, but glad it was an instant El Paso for me, even at the then $410.

Bought mine on Amazon a year ago for about 240 shipped.

#4826 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Bought mine on Amazon a year ago for about 240 shipped.

Quoted from Thor-NL:

Monsters in Motion sold them for 130 USD

Bought mine in March 2019 for $101 from Amazon

#4827 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Bought mine in March 2019 for $101 from Amazon

Well, more than just general inflation it seems !
At least it doesn't require electrical support . . . ?
As I probably mentioned, there was another one being sold on eBay some time ago, a more standard topper where the eyes lit up. And I think the price was still a fraction of that eBay auction close.

#4828 1 year ago

a new batch of poster mods (6 of) will be ready in a few days so adding 2 more posters to the collection making 12 posters. The extras will be avaiable for download off the website soon. 3 poster mods are allocated and 3 are currently available.

Bally - CFTBL - Poster Mod 3 (resized).JPGBally - CFTBL - Poster Mod 3 (resized).JPGBally - CFTBL - Poster Mod 5 (resized).jpgBally - CFTBL - Poster Mod 5 (resized).jpgBally - CFTBL - Poster Mod Posters (resized).JPGBally - CFTBL - Poster Mod Posters (resized).JPGPoster 11 (resized).jpgPoster 11 (resized).jpgPoster 12 (resized).jpgPoster 12 (resized).jpg
#4829 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

a new batch of poster mods (6 of) will be ready in a few days so adding 2 more posters to the collection making 12 posters. The extras will be avaiable for download off the website soon. 3 poster mods are allocated and 3 are currently available.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting, nicely realized, rather unusual . . . but my long-distance telepathy is not working this morning: WHAT website ?

Also would like to see more details, like where and how these might be installed ? pf lighting for better viewing of them ?

#4830 1 year ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Interesting, nicely realized, rather unusual . . . but my long-distance telepathy is not working this morning: WHAT website ?
Also would like to see more details, like where and how these might be installed ? pf lighting for better viewing of them ?

The 2nd pic shows it installed - it’s designed to go in the back right corner. They are backlit - can be either permanently on and set to come on at specific gameplay times.

There are 10 poster images currently available - https://swinks.com.au/manuals

#4831 1 year ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

thanks Manny65 for answering.

The poster is backlit with GI lighting link and the message under the sign is flashed with the PAID inserts and then stays on when "L" is achieved

as Manny65 wrote you can go to my website (yes I should listed - get a bit relaxed) and download the manual to understand better how it is installed. It simulates the displayed posters on entry to the drive-in to show what is one or what is on in a weeks time as they did back in the day hence some of the random posters - I like to mix it up and some people request a specific poster like the Plan 9.

https://swinks.com.au/whats-new

#4832 1 year ago

Here is a mod for Creature owners where there cabinet could be a bit scuffed up at the front. You can either print it with Shapeways or download for free and print yourself. In the description I made a Start Decal available to finish the look.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/24RVWF2Q7/cftbl-pinball-start-button-face-plate

710x528_38146632_20266536_1670312883_1_0 (resized).png710x528_38146632_20266536_1670312883_1_0 (resized).png

#4833 1 year ago

anyone have V1 of the MikeD mod that cuold share the USB files with me, my usb stick is corrupted.

#4834 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

anyone have V1 of the MikeD mod that cuold share the USB files with me, my usb stick is corrupted.

PM sent.

#4835 1 year ago

Just finished another 4 x Snackbars (though run out of 2.5mm allen keys) available to send out on Tuesday.

3F872F27-E29D-4D26-A121-9CE564F670EA_1_105_c (resized).jpeg3F872F27-E29D-4D26-A121-9CE564F670EA_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#4836 1 year ago

hey! I thought that I paid a premium on that auction @ expo to get the very last one made.

#4837 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

hey! I thought that I paid a premium on that auction @ expo to get the very last one made.

yours was the one of a kind

#4838 1 year ago

I proto-typed a OPEN sign for CFTBL to connect to the feature light so when the Snackbar is open the dome use to flash and stay lit. But with recent versions of the Snackbar v3-v7 you can't see this now with the OPEN sign with the same font as the Snackbar decal and Snackbar Sign it will glow up like the SnackBar sign.

It is hard to get a good photo colour wise
A - because I am crap at it and
B - leds are hard to capture the true colour.

The led wire still needs some heat shrink over the wires so the glow does not come out the back. But once assembled here there is no need to pull apart but is designed so it can. The sign will come with a lead and COMET bulb adaptor so it can be lit when the feature comes on.

Still got to work out the final price (between $130-150 AUD) and finish testing, but send me a message if you are interested. Priority will be given to those that reach out in the order of who reached out when.

[email protected]

Email Subject - OPEN Sign

2FE7BB71-502E-49F4-AA6A-D22F639CC25D_1_105_c (resized).jpeg2FE7BB71-502E-49F4-AA6A-D22F639CC25D_1_105_c (resized).jpeg62BB3F0C-DAE3-4793-AE63-886DED0E74E0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg62BB3F0C-DAE3-4793-AE63-886DED0E74E0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg9CEE3D11-7DA6-457C-A815-7606EE04BD44_1_105_c (resized).jpeg9CEE3D11-7DA6-457C-A815-7606EE04BD44_1_105_c (resized).jpegE51F93A3-1521-44D0-AD3F-90A6DB7A39DA_1_105_c (resized).jpegE51F93A3-1521-44D0-AD3F-90A6DB7A39DA_1_105_c (resized).jpegFE729104-1FFA-4EF6-8D9B-668A87F0E9C4_1_105_c (resized).jpegFE729104-1FFA-4EF6-8D9B-668A87F0E9C4_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#4839 1 year ago

PM sent. I'm in !!

#4840 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

Email Subject - OPEN Sign

I'm in too! Email sent.

#4842 1 year ago

My other half has wanted a creech since we met and by chance one came up 30mins from us, so would be rude not to look.
It was a non pinball guy who had it stored for a while. He was surprised when I lifted the playfield, as if he didn't know you could do that.

I told the other half it wasn't worth it, it was worse than we thought but i was ignored and she bought it. I'm the main fixer at home so it'll probably fall to me to get it nice although she says she'll pay for the parts and try to do what she can.

I'm overwhelmed as I really didn't want this project.

The boards all looked good. Only fault was the time and date as the batteries (which are off the board thankfully) must be dead.

IMG-20221220-WA0010 (resized).jpgIMG-20221220-WA0010 (resized).jpg
No hologram and I'm not sure what is going on with the hologram gear? ( The mirror in the photo is just sitting there) I have never looked under a creech so no clue how it works.

My main issues were the hologram missing and the wear to the two S Inserts (see the picture).
IMG-20221220-WA0009 (resized).jpgIMG-20221220-WA0009 (resized).jpg

What are our options to repair the KISS inserts?

What could be going on with the hologram and what are our options to replace it? We're not keen on the LCD options and would like to keep the spirit of the original.

Will be able to investigate properly when we've got it set up... I stopped looking at the issues when I thought we weren't going to get it, then the other half decided she was happy with it.

Help.

IMG-20221220-WA0025 (resized).jpgIMG-20221220-WA0025 (resized).jpg
IMG-20221220-WA0026 (resized).jpgIMG-20221220-WA0026 (resized).jpg

IMG-20221220-WA0011 (resized).jpgIMG-20221220-WA0011 (resized).jpg
#4843 1 year ago

They make insert stickers I’m sure. Ideally it would be good to see if you have a playfield restoration guy fix them and make it like new. I’m guessing you have someone in Europe that does that? How bad is your snack bar hole? That’s usually what gets beat up.

LCD for hologram is your most likely option. Rare to see original holograms pop up.

I don’t know what options exist for mirror motor, but it just moves back and forth so someone must have found another motor assembly work of parts aren’t still around.

#4844 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

My other half has wanted a creech since we met and by chance one came up 30mins from us, so would be rude not to look.
It was a non pinball guy who had it stored for a while. He was surprised when I lifted the playfield, as if he didn't know you could do that.
I told the other half it wasn't worth it, it was worse than we thought but i was ignored and she bought it. I'm the main fixer at home so it'll probably fall to me to get it nice although she says she'll pay for the parts and try to do what she can.
The boards all looked good. Only fault was the time and date as the batteries (which are off the board thankfully) must be dead.
[quoted image]
No hologram and I'm not sure what is going on with the hologram gear? ( The mirror in the photo is just sitting there) I have never looked under a creech so no clue how it works.
My main issues were the hologram missing and the wear to the two S Inserts (see the picture).
[quoted image]
What are our options to repair the KISS inserts?
What could be going on with the hologram and what are our options to replace it? We're not keen on the LCD options and would like to keep the spirit of the original.
Will be able to investigate properly when we've got it set up... I stopped looking at the issues when I thought we weren't going to get it, then the other half decided she was happy with it.
Help.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

You might be able to pick up a used PF that you could get restored, or other strip your PF and get that one restored. But before you go down that path (as well as replacing/fixing the holo) I'd give it a good clean, drop in new rubbers, balls, coil sleeves and flipper rebuild kits, and then start playing the heck out of it. If it's a keeper, then you can get serious about how much you want to spend on restoring and what parts you need to get the holo working.

#4845 1 year ago

I'm the main fixer at home so it'll probably fall to me to get it nice although she says she'll pay for the parts and try to do what she can.

I'd say that most of what's going on in there is that's it's just filthy and missing parts. So it probably looks more difficult than it is. It's just going to be a lot of time to tear it down and clean it up. You don't have to fix the cosmetic issues to play the game, just clean and get the mechanics up to snuff and that's relatively easy but time consuming.

As you say you've never looked inside a CFTBL I thought I'd mention that the hologram is attached to the underside of the PF. But it's also in your face if you lift the PF so you probably would have noticed that.

The mirror is supposed to be attached to the bottom of the cab on the left hand side (2 machine screws into T-nuts) by a bracket that has the motor attached. This causes the mirror to wiggle back and forth. I see the connector for the motor in your pic so I figure the whole assembly is there but not screwed down correctly. It's possible that they just unscrewed it from the bottom of the cab to use with those figurines?

#4846 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

You might be able to pick up a used PF that you could get restored, or other strip your PF and get that one restored. But before you go down that path (as well as replacing/fixing the holo) I'd give it a good clean, drop in new rubbers, balls, coil sleeves and flipper rebuild kits, and then start playing the heck out of it. If it's a keeper, then you can get serious about how much you want to spend on restoring and what parts you need to get the holo working.

It's probably a keeper as it's the other halves grail game.
It's her project so her call but I think the inserts can be fixed with decals, but I'm not sure to what standard.

Is there a way to get just the insert decals we need rather than buying a whole sheet?

Definitely going to strip it down, tumble and clean everything we can. flipper rebuild, replace rubbers and see how it goes.

I'm keen to have it at home so we can have a deeper look.

#4847 1 year ago

The manual lists 15 starposts, but in photos I see double star posts near the pop bumpers, yet I can't see these listed in the manual.
Is the manual incorrect?

Screenshot_20221221_135820_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221221_135820_Drive (resized).jpg

#4848 1 year ago

Anyone know what this is and did it come from the factory attached here? I don't have one in my game and it seems odd that someone would add it zip tied to the wiring harness.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4849 1 year ago

The manual lists 15 starposts, but in photos I see double star posts near the pop bumpers, yet I can't see these listed in the manual.
Is the manual incorrect?
[quoted image]

I just assume that all the manuals have errors. I typically tear down the PF and then inventory for parts orders.

#4850 1 year ago

Any chance anyone has a scan of the hamburger ramp decal or any scans of the playfield they could share? I'm trying to get some stickers made for my coin door.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.00
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.