20220808_205616 (resized).jpg
20220729_115332 (resized).jpg
20220729_095146 (resized).jpg
20220729_095136 (resized).jpg
20220729_095126 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20220725_210245 (resized).jpg
4C373D4E-776A-44CA-AC00-F0A444BC61B2.jpeg

There are 4,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 94.
#4651 12 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Nice work mate

When i light Big Millions and shoot the ramp and enter the left in lane how and when does it award the 10 20 or 30 million ? Also combo on right hand in lane is that now active?

Cheers.

#4652 12 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

New ROM done just took my time so happy. First thing I noticed no ghosting LEDs.

Same here. It really improved the playfield LED performance. Before this update I was getting ready to purchase an OCD LED board. Instead, I was able to buy a OCD GI one. Excellent work by soren

#4653 10 days ago

This rom does not work with the Mike D mod, correct?

#4654 10 days ago

I’m having a big problem! When you have taken all the letters in FILM, "Start Movie flashers" (far right and far left) should start to light up and then you should lock the ball in one of them to start the Multiball. But since a dews days back this only works sometimes, several times we have taken FILM but the lights never started flashing and even if we locked the ball Multiball didn't start! But sometimes it workes as it should.
Tonight when I played it didn’t work a single time having completed FILM maybe 15 times.
It’s like the “signal” that FILM is completed doesn’t get to the CPU board?

I have no clue were to start looking, does anybody have an idea what the problem is?

#4655 9 days ago
Quoted from fschlau:

I’m having a big problem! When you have taken all the letters in FILM, "Start Movie flashers" (far right and far left) should start to light up and then you should lock the ball in one of them to start the Multiball. But since a dews days back this only works sometimes, several times we have taken FILM but the lights never started flashing and even if we locked the ball Multiball didn't start! But sometimes it workes as it should.
Tonight when I played it didn’t work a single time having completed FILM maybe 15 times.
It’s like the “signal” that FILM is completed doesn’t get to the CPU board?
I have no clue were to start looking, does anybody have an idea what the problem is?

I had the same problem. Turns out one of the switches in the trough was acting up so the game thought it didn't have enough balls to start multi ball (so the game wouldn't start the 'start movie flashers' once FILM was complete).
Go into switch edges and make sure your trough switches are all registering.

#4656 9 days ago

This happened to me ONCE a couple weeks ago…

I thought I was going crazy

#4657 9 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I used the standard sockets with LEDs and hooked them up to the rear flasher. They light when the ball is hitting the pops.
Better than just having them on with GI.
I also added lights under the outlane plastics.

So, if I want my pop bumpers to flash when they’re hit, do I wire an L.E.D. Into the coil?

#4658 9 days ago
Quoted from gac:

This rom does not work with the Mike D mod, correct?

It does not

#4659 9 days ago

I have the Australian LCD mod in mine and it works fine with the version 5 rom just lucky I suppose.

#4660 8 days ago
Quoted from in2kiss:

I had the same problem. Turns out one of the switches in the trough was acting up so the game thought it didn't have enough balls to start multi ball (so the game wouldn't start the 'start movie flashers' once FILM was complete).

I will check this out tonight, hopefully it´s one of the switches

#4661 8 days ago

Excuse my language, but how the h*ll do i take away the apron, some screws are hidden so i cant reach them with any tool? Or am i missing something here?

#4662 8 days ago
Quoted from fschlau:

Excuse my language, but how the h*ll do i take away the apron, some screws are hidden so i cant reach them with any tool? Or am i missing something here?

I believe the apron is held on by the two screws in the very front, then the whole apron slides back (push the apron away from you) and it will unhook from the playfield.

#4663 8 days ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I believe the apron is held on by the two screws in the very front, then the whole apron slides back (push the apron away from you) and it will unhook from the playfield.

correct. remove the screws at the edge of the playfield / apron just above where the 2 metal brackets seat into the lock down bar. once you've removed them, you can carefully push/slide the apron forward towards the top of the playfield about 1/2" and then lift it upwards off of the playfield.

#4664 8 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

correct. remove the screws at the edge of the playfield / apron just above where the 2 metal brackets seat into the lock down bar. once you've removed them, you can carefully push/slide the apron forward towards the top of the playfield about 1/2" and then lift it upwards off of the playfield.

Thanks, came off pretty easy when i knew how to

#4665 8 days ago
Quoted from in2kiss:

The switches seem to be OK, but i think that the problem maybe is the springs on the lane ball shooter, and mayby the coil. It seems like the balls sometimes get "stuck" on the eject cam, that the cam doesen´t withdraws fast enough. New coils (this one and the one at the outhole) and new springs orderd, they have taken some beating over the years i think.

#4666 6 days ago

In my Creature the Mike D. Mod works fine with the new ROM no issues

#4667 6 days ago
Quoted from tomypin:

In my Creature the Mike D. Mod works fine with the new ROM no issues

Same here, the L5 ROM works great. I have the V2.0 of the Mike D. mod, not sure if that makes a difference.

#4668 6 days ago

I just cracked a billion points!!!

Been trying to do that for almost 10 years.

Not a bad way to start a Monday.

#4669 6 days ago
Quoted from That_Pin_Dude:

Same here, the L5 ROM works great. I have the V2.0 of the Mike D. mod, not sure if that makes a difference.

I’m not sure which version I have of the Mike D. mod. Is there a way to tell?

#4670 6 days ago
Quoted from ThePinballPirate:

I just cracked a billion points!!!
Been trying to do that for almost 10 years.
Not a bad way to start a Monday.

Congrats!!

#4671 6 days ago
Quoted from gac:

I’m not sure which version I have of the Mike D. mod. Is there a way to tell?

My PI model is a Pi 1 Model B+ V1.2. I believe V1 of the mod used Pi 1 Model B (not B+). Google for pics on how these two first generation models look.

Again, I don't know if this makes any difference.

#4672 6 days ago

So, if I want my pop bumpers to flash when they’re hit, do I wire an L.E.D. Into the coil?

No. Just solder the two wires from the new lights that are in the pops to any of the flashers that light when the pops are hit. I used the rear left flasher.

#4673 6 days ago

Is there a way to make each individual bumper flash when it’s hit, rather than all three flashing together?

#4674 6 days ago

Is there a way to make each individual bumper flash when it’s hit, rather than all three flashing together?

I do not know how but I am sure someone on Pinside does. That would be great.

#4675 6 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I do not know how but I am sure someone on Pinside does. That would be great.

These are what you guys are talking about:
https://www.pinballlife.com/britecaps-evo-pop-bumper-lighting.html

#4676 6 days ago

This website says it adds about 5mm to the height of the bumper.
Is there enough room under the ramp far that extra clearance in a creech?

#4677 5 days ago

You’d have to check. I have used them in other machines but not my own CFTBL.

#4678 5 days ago

This website says it adds about 5mm to the height of the bumper.
Is there enough room under the ramp far that extra clearance in a creech?

stumblor might know. He has a similar product that I think is far superior to the EVO's.

#4679 5 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

stumblor might know. He has a similar product that I think is far superior to the EVO's.

I've never used those britecaps, but looks as though the additional height comes in due to the LED PCB being all one unit, rather than a ring. It's a bit of a tradeoff really - circle PCBs like this one mean you don't have to add a bracket underneath for support, however the edge of the PCB will be visible from the side, and they will add height to the pop cap (why 5mm I'm not sure, PCBs are 1.6mm and the LEDs would fit within the cap itself). When using a ring, I have to add in an acrylic bracket underneath for support, which is a bit of an assembly hassle since they need to be glued in, so you can see why manufacturers would want to avoid it.

What we need is some clever person to design a pop cap with built in support, that doesn't need to be glued.

#4680 5 days ago

Wow. Those are great! The ramps sit on the pop caps but they may work.

#4681 4 days ago

I would love a winter project. Please sell me your worn out creech. I would love to make it like new. Willing to do trades. Just drop me a pm.

Scoot.

#4682 2 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

No. Just solder the two wires from the new lights that are in the pops to any of the flashers that light when the pops are hit. I used the rear left flasher.

My rear left flasher doesn’t flash with the pop bumpers…

Hmmm… maybe mine is broken?

#4683 2 days ago

Actually, I can even see one???

Can somebody post a photo?

#4684 2 days ago

There are two rear flashers. One in each corner. You can see a very small part of the circle in the right rear corner. it is right under the upside down numbers on the plastic.

20220923_073656 (resized).jpg
#4685 1 day ago

Start with the obvious, replace the bulb.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 179.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 30.00
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 4,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!