IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6280 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 114.
#4151 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Just a heads up.... USPS isn't delivering 1st Class to AUS right now. I sent two packages early last week with no issue, and was having problems sending a package this week. Apparently AUS is on Covid lockdown as of September 3rd....
https://www.eseller365.com/usps-suspends-package-services-to-australia/

thanks for the heads up and looks like we are in lock down until mid Oct....

#4152 2 years ago

vid1900 Ok, so disaster struck. I had cleared my playfield top and bottom for clear coating. I then prepped it and gave it nice "teeth" with 800 grit as it is written in the holy grail aka Vid's Guide to Ultimate Playfield Restoration.

I took it to a professional bodywork shop to do the actual clear coating, making sure to inform them in the ways of Vid. I did mention that there could be wax left that would cause fisheye even though all holes were Dremeled clean, surface sanded 800 grit and playfield wiped twenty times with 91% alcohol. Also that they should still make sure to wipe it again with Naptha before spraying as they naturally do anyway.

Long story short, see the photos for the result. The entire playfield is perfect except for these two areas.

Now what? How do I salvage this? Replacing the playfield is not an option, I am in South Africa so the R16 to $1 exchange rate and shipping cost makes it unaffordable.

My initial response was that they should have flooded the field so that all was even and then plenty sanding.

So I am collecting the playfield tomorrow morning and will start sanding with 500 grit on a large flat sander to get it down for another attempt, hopefully, any impurities are now locked in or displeased.

Can I use my orbital sander or is that too risky, go at it manually?

Any help advice and prayers will be appreciated.

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-08 at 16.08.11 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-09-08 at 16.08.11 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-09-08 at 16.08.21 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-09-08 at 16.08.21 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-09-08 at 16.08.56 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-09-08 at 16.08.56 (resized).jpeg
#4153 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

[quoted image]
New playfield! It’s so beautiful…

Mirco? Did you install it as delivered or aftermarket cleared?

#4154 2 years ago
Quoted from Mellow:

Anyone know where I can get a quality Creature from the Black Lagoon Apron Decal as pictured in the USA? Or the high-quality artwork to have printed? Thanks!
[quoted image]

Quoted from stumblor:

Yep I've got these. Send me a pm ill send you one. No charge.

Piling on here but does this offer still stand? I'd love to get a new one... thanks

#4155 2 years ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

Piling on here but does this offer still stand? I'd love to get a new one... thanks

Sure send me a pm

#4156 2 years ago

So I got these pinball wizard aprons for new stern machines, they look nice. Who can do an apron for CFTBL? I would really like to get one.

#4157 2 years ago

I have to replace a few insert decals on my Creature from the Black Lagoon.
I am hoping to find the artwork so that I can laser print it on waterslide paper.
Does anyone know if it is available?

#4158 2 years ago

Where is the best place to buy ramps? I think a couple places sell them but I can only find Marco and typically they are the most expensive

#4160 2 years ago
Quoted from Mellow:

Any help advice and prayers will be appreciated.

I hope those videos can help you. Good luck

#4161 2 years ago

Mirco? Did you install it as delivered or aftermarket cleared?

Just gave it a good long rest to cure up and installed it, or had it installed in this case!

#4162 2 years ago

Im shopping out my game and have found a broken lane guide and for the life of me I can’t find a replacement. Has anybody possibly come across a replacement or a cross reference for this part?

5E92E7C2-EF1C-4B3A-A2B2-52741907DF2C (resized).jpeg5E92E7C2-EF1C-4B3A-A2B2-52741907DF2C (resized).jpeg
#4163 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Im shopping out my game and have found a broken lane guide and for the life of me I can’t find a replacement. Has anybody possibly come across a replacement or a cross reference for this part?
[quoted image]

That happened to me a few years ago...couldn't find a replacement part. If you can't find a replacement you can try what I did...I took the piece to a local welder who TIG welded the little "feet" bracket back on. It worked well and I didn't have any problems afterwards with it.

#4164 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

[quoted image]

Yes, that is a common issue with CFTBL, Guide 01-10772. I had the same issue. You can get a much better and adjustable part here:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/CFTBL_Protectors.htm

While you at it get the CLiffy protectors as well if you do not have them already.

#4165 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

I hope those videos can help you. Good luck

Pinrookie Thank you, those videos are massively interesting and I am learning so much. Thank you!

#4166 2 years ago

So the unthinkable happened, after the body shop that had to clear coat my playfield failed to do a proper prep, I ended up with some fisheye in two spots. To fix this I had to sand as much of the new clear coat off aaaaaaand then I went from the frying pan into the fire. Sanding my playfield I went with 600 grit when I should have stuck with 800 grit and chewed into two of my insert decals pretty good. Rookie mistake and I am so pissed at myself but life goes on and now I have to fix this.

I already ordered the insert decal set but I am not sure how to approach this when it arrives.

I have seen videos where guys take the insert out and apply the decal and others that do it in place on the playfield.

If I take the insert out I can properly sand and Novus it to get rid of the rest of the old decal but I do not know if that is the right thing to do?

The insert sits in there so nice with zero gaps, I would hate to bang it out but how else do I get rid of the rest of the decal without risking sanding into the playfield?

As usual, I would appreciate advice from those that has been down this road.

20210909_132255 (resized).jpg20210909_132255 (resized).jpg

#4167 2 years ago

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Quoted from Mellow:

Yes, that is a common issue with CFTBL, Guide 01-10772. I had the same issue. You can get a much better and adjustable part here:
http://www.passionforpinball.com/CFTBL_Protectors.htm
While you at it get the CLiffy protectors as well if you do not have them already.

#4168 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Just gave it a good long rest to cure up and installed it, or had it installed in this case!

Great thanks, I'm on the fence with getting a new PF or working over the OEM.

Where did you pick it up?

#4169 2 years ago

Great thanks, I'm on the fence with getting a new PF or working over the OEM.
Where did you pick it up?

Ordered it direct, last November. It arrived much quicker than I expected too!

#4170 2 years ago

I am having a strange problem with my Creature, today when I turned it on, it made a sound like a ringing telephone that lasted for about 10 seconds. It froze and was unresponsive. I cycled the power and this problem happened several times and then it booted and played normally. Now it is booting but still making the ringing noise. Any idea what this is?

#4171 2 years ago
Quoted from Deleenhe:

I am having a strange problem with my Creature, today when I turned it on, it made a sound like a ringing telephone that lasted for about 10 seconds. It froze and was unresponsive. I cycled the power and this problem happened several times and then it booted and played normally. Now it is booting but still making the ringing noise. Any idea what this is?

First things first - reseat the ribbon cables, specifically the CPU to sound card one.

#4172 2 years ago

I already have the water slide decal to cover up what is missing the question is, should I just leave the decal alone, clear over it or put Mylar over it?

I feel like Mylar is the best option but will it look lazy?

A3F5389E-F2E8-4115-AF76-59F8934D63CD (resized).jpegA3F5389E-F2E8-4115-AF76-59F8934D63CD (resized).jpeg
#4173 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I already have the water slide decal to cover up what is missing the question is, should I just leave the decal alone, clear over it or put Mylar over it?
I feel like Mylar is the best option but will it look lazy?
[quoted image]

I think to install, touch up edges and clear is the obvious answer but certainly the hardest… Mylar will protect it for now but if you ever had to remove it it would peel the decal right up like it was nothing.

#4174 2 years ago

I decided to spot clear it, what’s the worst that can happen. Haha

Quoted from gunstarhero:

I think to install, touch up edges and clear is the obvious answer but certainly the hardest… Mylar will protect it for now but if you ever had to remove it it would peel the decal right up like it was nothing.

#4175 2 years ago

Hey Folks I have a NIB Hologram Mod with the full package of videos I am going to put up for sale. PM me if interested

#4176 2 years ago

Does anyone have the Bally Parts Catalog WMS Parts Grey 16-9562-A in PDF? I know I can see the flipbook here but would like to have the PDF.

https://fliphtml5.com/gkmlu/ansk?fbclid=IwAR34ShCVvLKJiXGx9FGVnomBSSyntMFVTZcQDjLaVdgwMaOK1wAUXaVhwdQ

#4177 2 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

First things first - reseat the ribbon cables, specifically the CPU to sound card one.

Mission accomplished - thanks. Before I reseated the cables, after the telephone ring it was like the sound was playing at about 20% speed for other sound and music, very weird.

#4178 2 years ago

On the subject of lighting, is there a way to achieve proper dimming of GI LEDs on this game and maintain the chase light function of the ramps? I like the brightness of the LEDs but not the flicker when it is dimming. Reading about OCD boards it seems like they will kill the chase light effect but maybe it's been solved. Thanks.

#4179 2 years ago
Quoted from Deleenhe:

On the subject of lighting, is there a way to achieve proper dimming of GI LEDs on this game and maintain the chase light function of the ramps? I like the brightness of the LEDs but not the flicker when it is dimming. Reading about OCD boards it seems like they will kill the chase light effect but maybe it's been solved. Thanks.

Not only solved but super enhanced by stumblor - here's his thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-chase-echo-a-redesigned-chase-board-for-cftbl-new

#4180 2 years ago

Hi guys.

I have just fitted the mini Green Ramp LEDs to my Creature from Comet Pinball. I am in the UK so they were the only ones I could find that shipped internationally.

The green looks great, however as they are SMD they are a bit blinding.

Does anyone have:

1. Any tips to dim them down a bit?
2. Anyone know of any tiny rubber covers that diffuse the lights like those fitted to the larger bulbs on the snack bar/jackpot sign?
3. Know where/if I can buy alternative mini Green LEDs with some kind of frosted cover?

Thanks in advance

UK Creech Owner

#4181 2 years ago

Hi Carl - I buy my 86 LEDs from best of pinball in Germany, mainly because I like pink

https://www.bestofpinball.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=led+86

They aren't diffused but I've never found them too bright. As far as dimming down your current bulbs, if you felt a bit creative you could try putting some resistors in series with the column outputs of your chase board.

This would be best done as some kind of adapter cable I think, with a z-connector on one end. You'd need to play around with the resistor values to get the effect right, i'd be looking at somewhere around 1-2k.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4182 2 years ago

Oh you could also try bulb paint (white). Just dip the head the in the paint and leave to dry. I know people who do this to incandescents to get certain colours because they don't like LEDs (crazy I know)

ie

https://www.bakerross.co.uk/pebeo-glass-paint-pots-bumper-pack?gclid=CjwKCAjw7rWKBhAtEiwAJ3CWLImMrnWmQcY4G1w0Y9T2tmmqV4tdJHdVuF0YkqnGHzMjX1UPWb11aBoCl_UQAvD_BwE

#4183 2 years ago

Thanks Stumblor. Very helpful advice. Will have a look at that!

#4184 2 years ago
Quoted from Carl71:

Hi guys.
I have just fitted the mini Green Ramp LEDs to my Creature from Comet Pinball. I am in the UK so they were the only ones I could find that shipped internationally.
The green looks great, however as they are SMD they are a bit blinding.
Does anyone have:
1. Any tips to dim them down a bit?
2. Anyone know of any tiny rubber covers that diffuse the lights like those fitted to the larger bulbs on the snack bar/jackpot sign?
3. Know where/if I can buy alternative mini Green LEDs with some kind of frosted cover?
Thanks in advance
UK Creech Owner

I kept incandescent bulbs in mine… the LEDs just didn’t have a very pleasing light.

#4185 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I kept incandescent bulbs in mine… the LEDs just didn’t have a very pleasing light.

I dipped mine in green translucent paint and they look great.

#4186 2 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I dipped mine in green translucent paint and they look great.

Nice. I still have some colored ones from BITD in alternating white, yellow and green. Looks cool when it’s off, but when it’s on it just looks yellow yellow green lol.

1 week later
#4187 2 years ago

Got a Creature in last weekend. Just ordered a Pin2dmd and looking into other mods.

2 questions:

1) Unfortunetly Holo is RIP, considering the alternative from Pinball center, used by somebody, worth the money ?

2) My speaker grills are grey painted (circles) without the Mic or Creature signs in it. Can't find these anywhere... suggestions where to get them ? Or maybe somebody as a framework/design of it so I can paint it black manually ?

speakers (resized).JPGspeakers (resized).JPG
#4188 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Got a Creature in last weekend. Just ordered a Pin2dmd and looking into other mods.
2 questions:
1) Unfortunetly Holo is RIP, considering the alternative from Pinball center, used by somebody, worth the money ?
2) My speaker grills are grey painted (circles) without the Mic or Creature signs in it. Can't find these anywhere... suggestions where to get them ? Or maybe somebody as a framework/design of it so I can paint it black manually ?[quoted image]

I have had this lying around not wanting to throw it out. I took it off my machine when I installed the lighted speaker panel tail light mod. Pm me if interested.

IMG_20211012_191905 (resized).jpgIMG_20211012_191905 (resized).jpg
#4189 2 years ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

I have had this lying around not wanting to throw it out. I took it off my machine when I installed the lighted speaker panel tail light mod. Pm me if interested.[quoted image]

Any chance of scanning or a close up straight photo with a ruler next to it so the design can be reproduced.

#4190 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Any chance of scanning or a close up straight photo with a ruler next to it so the design can be reproduced.

I surely can. I will take it to work tomorrow and get a good scan of it .

#4191 2 years ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

I have had this lying around not wanting to throw it out. I took it off my machine when I installed the lighted speaker panel tail light mod. Pm me if interested.[quoted image]

Very kind offer. Swinks too. Thumbs up to you both!

#4192 2 years ago

PM sent, but would be great as well to get detailed pic as well.
Was this always standard at delivery ? If so I guess somebody changed it, for whatver reason, on mine or was this a kind of option?

#4193 2 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Remember to always use a full 3M mask when spraying clear - it's deadly stuff

You'll really need to do much more than just wear a 3M mask. I recommend checking out the 2K clear in a can club thread because there's a safety expert that outlines just how dangerous this stuff really is.

In my opinion, it's worth just sending to a professional.

#4194 2 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

You'll really need to do much more than just wear a 3M mask. I recommend checking out the 2K clear in a can club thread because there's a safety expert that outlines just how dangerous this stuff really is.
In my opinion, it's worth just sending to a professional.

Found the thread, but could you point out the specific post? Am interested to know the facts as this stuff honestly freaks me out. Even when wearing a mask, I hold my breath.

#4195 2 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Found the thread, but could you point out the specific post? Am interested to know the facts as this stuff honestly freaks me out. Even when wearing a mask, I hold my breath.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-spraymax-2k-auto-clear-in-a-can-club/page/17#post-5019775

I'd start about there, but he goes into detail a few posts down.

#4196 2 years ago

Carl71 I with Comet LED’s in my CFTBL- green & Purple - I also bought a new ramp light board that allows different patterns.

stumblor makes a similar board

DF699357-241B-4C81-9CCD-E775B9921421 (resized).jpegDF699357-241B-4C81-9CCD-E775B9921421 (resized).jpeg
#4197 2 years ago

Yesterday i swapped my film lamps to green LEDs and when starting up again I got continuously 2 balls in game, nice to get better multiball skills but would like to go back to 1 ball . New game or starting on off doesn't help.

At starting up I get missing pinball error, but game can be started.

Did a switch test and left through switch stays open, with ball on it or triggered by fingers.

Never had a defective switch.... Can this be measured with a DMM ?

Soldering is fine.

Or maybe the diode is RIP ?

Suggestions?

IMG_5813 (resized).jpgIMG_5813 (resized).jpg
#4198 2 years ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Yesterday i swapped my film lamps to green LEDs and when starting up again I got continuously 2 balls in game, nice to get
Did a switch test and left through switch stays open, with ball on it or triggered by fingers.
Never had a defective switch.... Can this be measured with a DMM ?
Soldering is fine.
Or maybe the diode is RIP ?
Suggestions?

Before you start debugging a single switch grab the manual and test other switches in the suspected switch's row and column to make sure that you don't have a bigger switch matrix issue.

Use the switch edges test and the manual to test at least one switch that shares that switch's row and column. If other switches work than start to look at the switch itself.

#4199 2 years ago

Hey guys I am doing a CFTBL mini-restore, that is in very rough shape. Most connections are pulled from the boards, and I want to request some assistance. Can someone please post up some detailed pics of the various connections for the boards? I am seeing several z-connectors and that greatly adds to the confusion of where things might plug. Most are intuitive, but a few are throwing me.

Many thanks.

#4200 2 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Hey guys I am doing a CFTBL mini-restore, that is in very rough shape. Most connections are pulled from the boards, and I want to request some assistance. Can someone please post up some detailed pics of the various connections for the boards? I am seeing several z-connectors and that greatly adds to the confusion of where things might plug. Most are intuitive, but a few are throwing me.
Many thanks.

This may get you started, these photos were in my CFTBL photo archive. I realize they are not great, but hopefully others can post some of their back box photos as well.

Gord

DSCN0586 (resized).JPGDSCN0586 (resized).JPG
DSCN0587 (resized).JPGDSCN0587 (resized).JPG
DSCN0588 (resized).JPGDSCN0588 (resized).JPG
DSCN0589 (resized).JPGDSCN0589 (resized).JPG
DSCN0590 (resized).JPGDSCN0590 (resized).JPG
DSCN0591 (resized).JPGDSCN0591 (resized).JPG
DSCN0592 (resized).JPGDSCN0592 (resized).JPG
P1010032 (resized).JPGP1010032 (resized).JPG
P1010036 (resized).JPGP1010036 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 24.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 27.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 5,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/84?hl=stumblor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.