IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6280 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 114.
#3901 2 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Is that the pinballsp one?

Yes it is. Glad I was able to get one. What a difference!

#3902 2 years ago

Received my Pinballsp holomod and installed it recently. I replaced a good hologram on my Creech home so this was a luxury mod for me. Have to say, it’s worth it. My scores have tanked. Because I’m watching the videos instead of the ball. That should change once I’ve seen all of them. Installation was quick and easy, using the games 12 v supply with no problems.
To the naysayers,pfffft. To those who have one coming, I think you will love it. It makes a Classic game better!

#3903 2 years ago

I have one sitting under my game yet to be installed looking forward to it

#3904 2 years ago
Quoted from paragon07:

I replaced a good hologram on my Creech

Is your original hologram for sale ?

#3905 2 years ago

I may have one for sale here soon and mine is super green still

#3906 2 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Yes it is. Glad I was able to get one. What a difference!

Thanks. Yes it does look good!

#3907 2 years ago
IMG_20210504_130030048 (resized).jpgIMG_20210504_130030048 (resized).jpg
#3908 2 years ago

I made a few vids today and upload them on my youtube page (youtube upload turned 2 of them sideways on me) have a look here...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbi2EhnPXUzvgbD1PZHDfWw

of course I played like shit while making the vids. I played a few games with no camera and kicked butt! Go figure! Either way great mod I love it and since my hologram was blowing fuses and I've had it unplugged for ever, this is refreshing for me!

#3909 2 years ago

Does anyone have info on the proper factory parts for the playfield trunnions on the Creature? A previous owner has jury-rigged mine but it's pretty poor, some rubber that is zip-tied to the pins. I can't find anything in the manual explaining these parts so I would appreciate any insight into the right parts and hopefully where I can find them. Thanks!

IMG_5231 (resized).JPGIMG_5231 (resized).JPGIMG_5232 (resized).JPGIMG_5232 (resized).JPG
#3910 2 years ago
Quoted from Deleenhe:

Does anyone have info on the proper factory parts for the playfield trunnions on the Creature? A previous owner has jury-rigged mine but it's pretty poor, some rubber that is zip-tied to the pins. I can't find anything in the manual explaining these parts so I would appreciate any insight into the right parts and hopefully where I can find them. Thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

Look here and at the bottom of the page for related parts:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=02-4329-1

#3911 2 years ago

With today's prices, I don't think I will ever be able to own a creech. So bummed.

#3912 2 years ago

I made a few vids today and upload them on my youtube page (youtube upload turned 2 of them sideways on me) have a look here...
of course I played like shit while making the vids. I played a few games with no camera and kicked butt! Go figure! Either way great mod I love it and since my hologram was blowing fuses and I've had it unplugged for ever, this is refreshing for me!

Awesome Videos thanks so much for taking the time to upload.

#3913 2 years ago
Quoted from paragon07:

Received my Pinballsp holomod and installed it recently. I replaced a good hologram on my Creech home so this was a luxury mod for me. Have to say, it’s worth it. My scores have tanked. Because I’m watching the videos instead of the ball. That should change once I’ve seen all of them. Installation was quick and easy, using the games 12 v supply with no problems.
To the naysayers,pfffft. To those who have one coming, I think you will love it. It makes a Classic game better!

I must say many did not have high hopes of this mod seeing the light if the day, including me, we are proven wrong. His design is interesting, I bet he's using sound commands (he's hooked it to the ribbon cable between cpu board and sound board). In some respect, very similar in principe to what Tiltaudio could achieve, except that it's a PnP mod.

Does he provide SW update with new animated content?

#3914 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I must say many did not have high hopes of this mod seeing the light if the day, including me, we are proven wrong. His design is interesting, I bet he's using sound commands (he's hooked it to the ribbon cable between cpu board and sound board). In some respect, very similar in principe to what Tiltaudio could achieve, except that it's a PnP mod.

Just from looking at the pictures, it looked to me as though it was intercepting the ribbon between the mpu and the powerboard so I assumed it was switch triggers, not audio.

#3915 2 years ago

This post suggests it's actually the lamp matrix doing the triggering

#3916 2 years ago

Awesome video. Thank you. Can you please point me in the direction for the sound/music mod. That's awesome!!! Can't wait to install both...any heads up when trying to integrate both the sound/music and pinballsp video mod? Thanks!

#3917 2 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Just from looking at the pictures, it looked to me as though it was intercepting the ribbon between the mpu and the powerboard so I assumed it was switch triggers, not audio.

Yes ALL switch triggered. It would be useless if it was audio triggered. He did his research and did it right.

#3918 2 years ago
Quoted from Tigger:

Awesome video. Thank you. Can you please point me in the direction for the sound/music mod. That's awesome!!! Can't wait to install both...any heads up when trying to integrate both the sound/music and pinballsp video mod? Thanks!

The sound board is from PinSound https://www.pinsound.org/ another amazing mod. Some games I feel pinsound does not work to well with or could be a waste, but creech is 100% better with the pinsound card for sure.

#3919 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

The mod plugs into the switch connectors on the bottom of the CPU board, so is using the switch matrix inputs to minimise any delay. That said, you can't perceive a delay in Compy's TZ mod that reads the audio control bus on the ribbon cable to play it's videos. A challenge of reading switches is you don't know what mode is actually running (unless you try to simulate the gamecode in your mod which is not something you'd want to do); while reading the A/V command bus limits you to tying you mod to specific sound or dmd events (although that'd be pretty extensive and covers almost all the gameplay events that you'd need).

#3920 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The mod plugs into the switch connectors on the bottom of the CPU board, so is using the switch matrix inputs to minimise any delay. That said, you can't perceive a delay in Compy's TZ mod that reads the audio control bus on the ribbon cable to play it's videos. A challenge of reading switches is you don't know what mode is actually running (unless you try to simulate the gamecode in your mod which is not something you'd want to do); while reading the A/V command bus limits you to tying you mod to specific sound or dmd events (although that'd be pretty extensive and covers almost all the gameplay events that you'd need).

Yes ALL switch triggered. It would be useless if it was audio triggered. He did his research and did it right.

Yeah I'm not convinced this is the right way. As Manny65 points out, you effectively need to replicate the game code in your logic to ensure that your videos are playing when they are supposed to, in response to switch inputs. Take the left orbit switch for example. On a plunge, it can be worth anything from 1 to 4 kiss lights - how is your code going to know which one of these it is? Likewise the top lane rollovers, which only count when not lit, and move based on the flippers - how will the code know when you actually hit one thats not lit? And how will you know when the girl is found, since it's a random assignment between 1 of 3 switches? This doesn't even cover the potential for rule variations between rom versions and game settings.

I'd be very surprised if it's only switches.

#3921 2 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Yeah I'm not convinced this is the right way. As Manny65 points out, you effectively need to replicate the game code in your logic to ensure that your videos are playing when they are supposed to, in response to switch inputs. Take the left orbit switch for example. On a plunge, it can be worth anything from 1 to 4 kiss lights - how is your code going to know which one of these it is? Likewise the top lane rollovers, which only count when not lit, and move based on the flippers - how will the code know when you actually hit one thats not lit? And how will you know when the girl is found, since it's a random assignment between 1 of 3 switches? This doesn't even cover the potential for rule variations between rom versions and game settings.
I'd be very surprised if it's only switches.

Exactly my point, I'd be curious to see a video of the animations when multiball is available, when it starts, when the first ball of the multiball drains and you need to hit the snackbar, etc. I don't see how you can recreate the game logic with just switches/inserts (well maybe you can, but it's a lot of work, and I'm sure there are loopholes)

#3922 2 years ago

My guess is that he was trying to get it working by monitoring the audio (which is pretty much the accepted best practice), but in the end went with a combination of inserts & switches - which is what lead to the delay.

1 week later
#3923 2 years ago

This past weekend, I replaced my right ramp and my whirlpool ramp. Now, when I hit the right ramp directly, the ball often “airballs”, flying off the ramp. Anyone seen this before? I got the ramps from Marco, for what that’s worth.

I know often there’s a plastic shield / cover over ramps at the transition from ramped to level to prevent airballs , but I didn’t have that before. I assume it shouldn’t have that?

0EFEE799-D87E-44B1-B238-2B9FC9091B1F (resized).jpeg0EFEE799-D87E-44B1-B238-2B9FC9091B1F (resized).jpeg
#3924 2 years ago

I had a similar issue on my game after new coils and new ramps. I have not gotten around to it yet, but I am going to try and lightly bend the ramp with a heat gun… Generally speaking this sometimes is the only sure fire way to solve this… could also try and shim one or a few of the ramp support posts.

#3925 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I had a similar issue on my game after new coils and new ramps. I have not gotten around to it yet, but I am going to try and lightly bend the ramp with a heat gun… Generally speaking this sometimes is the only sure fire way to solve this… could also try and shim one or a few of the ramp support posts.

Yack, I hope it doesn’t come to that. I’ll have to compare it to the old ramp. Unfortunately, my old ramp was very busted up at the entrance. But at least it didn’t airball on me.

#3926 2 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

This past weekend, I replaced my right ramp and my whirlpool ramp. Now, when I hit the right ramp directly, the ball often “airballs”, flying off the ramp. Anyone seen this before? I got the ramps from Marco, for what that’s worth.
I know often there’s a plastic shield / cover over ramps at the transition from ramped to level to prevent airballs , but I didn’t have that before. I assume it shouldn’t have that?
[quoted image]

Looks fantastic with the new ramps! More recently my machine will get airballs off the right ramp yet I haven't replaced the ramps (I suspect mine are already repros), but I have taken the ramps off in order to do some maintenance. Hence I believe it could just be a subtle adjustment of their position that makes the difference - I haven't gone back to investigate and fix mine yet but think it's worth playing around with the ramp position and angle

#3927 2 years ago

Probably need the small plastics.

20210616_192118 (resized).jpg20210616_192118 (resized).jpg
#3928 2 years ago

I believe he is referring to the right ramp not the left?

#3929 2 years ago

I believe he is referring to the right ramp not the left?

It is the right one. It rests against the whirlpool ramp at the back. I tweaked that a bit last night, pulling up the right ramp so it sits a little higher. It helped, now 95% of the balls don’t fly off it. I may keep trying to train it higher…

#3930 2 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

It is the right one. It rests against the whirlpool ramp at the back. I tweaked that a bit last night, pulling up the right ramp so it sits a little higher. It helped, now 95% of the balls don’t fly off it. I may keep trying to train it higher…

OK. I took that plastic off. Works fine without it on my Creature. Keep tweaking, you will get it.

#3931 2 years ago

OK I am in the club and could not be more excited and happy! At 50 I finally got my first pin and it is Creature from the Black Lagoon! It happened by chance at a cost I could not refuse and was fast enough to respond to the ad. I love working and tinkering on it. The kids all love playing it and dropped the iPads like hot potatoes, mission accomplished. Currently, it is pulled apart for a shop, new balls, all ramps, plastics and rubber is getting replaced after a real good clean and polish. My Creech hologram is dead and does not even show up. I know about the LCD screen mods but are not a fan. I feel it is distracting and takes away from the "reward" seeing the Creech when you have played to that point by having video play in the lagoon all the time plus it is not a hologram. If there is no other option then ok but there is one on the horizon...

I have my eye on the company Looking Glass to release their hologram portrait in September this year. It is affordable, is a real hologram (or as close as we are going to get), you can load your own 3D animation/video and has a built-in Raspberry Pi4.

https://lookingglassfactory.com/portrait

Anyway, I love reading the old post, all 79 pages of it. Thank you!

#3932 2 years ago
Quoted from Mellow:

OK I am in the club and could not be more excited and happy! At 50 I finally got my first pin and it is Creature from the Black Lagoon! It happened by chance at a cost I could not refuse and was fast enough to respond to the ad. I love working and tinkering on it. The kids all love playing it and dropped the iPads like hot potatoes, mission accomplished. Currently, it is pulled apart for a shop, new balls, all ramps, plastics and rubber is getting replaced after a real good clean and polish. My Creech hologram is dead and does not even show up. I know about the LCD screen mods but are not a fan. I feel it is distracting and takes away from the "reward" seeing the Creech when you have played to that point by having video play in the lagoon all the time plus it is not a hologram. If there is no other option then ok but there is one on the horizon...
I have my eye on the company Looking Glass to release their hologram portrait in September this year. It is affordable, is a real hologram (or as close as we are going to get), you can load your own 3D animation/video and has a built-in Raspberry Pi4.

Welcome to Pinside and the CFTBL club! Now that you've got the kids attention, you'll need to buy another pin to keep them hooked while you work on Creech Machines do have a habit of multiplying fast

#3933 2 years ago
Quoted from Mellow:

Welcome Mellow, My hologram went blue a long time ago so instead of replacing it I went with this kit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1256-upkick-pinball/03836-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-hologram-replacement-kit

Its a more economical solution.
I really like it it shows up well and it pretty easy to install. I get your point as far as a LCD screen being way to distracting so this kit fit the bill for me.

Good luck

#3934 2 years ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

Welcome Mellow, My hologram went blue a long time ago so instead of replacing it I went with this kit.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1256-upkick-pinball/03836-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-hologram-replacement-kit
Its a more economical solution.
I really like it it shows up well and it pretty easy to install. I get your point as far as a LCD screen being way to distracting so this kit fit the bill for me.
Good luck

Not sure if you saw this but I posted this a year ago and it worked great for me with my blue hologram. I’ve been waiting for a replacement option that I really like and so far there is nothing besides installing a screen of some sort so this is what I did while I wait. It works so well that unless something that really blows my mind comes out, I’m sticking with it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/51#post-5093796

#3936 2 years ago

I may have a very good holo for sale here soon as i have the video mod, just need to install

#3937 2 years ago

I may have a very good holo for sale here soon as i have the video mod, just need to install

Let me know how much. Thanks.

#3938 2 years ago

There is also a lighting kit available for the acrylic holo to juice it up a bit, made by a modder who is reportedly quite handsome (cannot verify)

https://www.stumblorpinball.com/product/the-rippler-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-ripple-fx-board/5?cs=true&cst=custom

#3939 2 years ago

Anyone use this video mod???? Any video... seems like a cheaper option although it doesn't sync up to modes or anything... Just wanted to see how it looked in person.

https://juzpinballmods.com/product/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-video-mod/?fbclid=IwAR22BVhXO80hiKKwCJED12VtDLD1Alc62OsuzoKItPmTWSCVCKXkogZ36As

#3940 2 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Anyone use this video mod???? Any video... seems like a cheaper option although it doesn't sync up to modes or anything... Just wanted to see how it looked in person.
https://juzpinballmods.com/product/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-video-mod/?fbclid=IwAR22BVhXO80hiKKwCJED12VtDLD1Alc62OsuzoKItPmTWSCVCKXkogZ36As

There is a gameplay synchronized mod, although it's full DIY... Use TiltAudio, and you can control the display according to gameplay event. Not really PnP though, needs a little bit of knowledge (soldering, etc)

#3941 2 years ago

Picked up my new Creech speaker panel looks great. Does anyone do the speaker panel light mod so I can light up the car taillights The mirrored car bumpers look great in person camera doesn’t show it.
09962198-6003-451B-B85C-9580A3DE3C99 (resized).jpeg09962198-6003-451B-B85C-9580A3DE3C99 (resized).jpeg33061C22-66D8-4482-A70A-DA5CD0395BEA (resized).jpeg33061C22-66D8-4482-A70A-DA5CD0395BEA (resized).jpeg

#3942 2 years ago

Look at revolutionarypinball.com I just order one today and only 6 left

#3943 2 years ago

I should have looked first before I posted but now they are back ordered

#3944 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Picked up my new Creech speaker panel looks great. Does anyone do the speaker panel light mod so I can light up the car taillights The mirrored car bumpers look great in person camera doesn’t show it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

jeff thompson was one of the people that pioneered the mod. I don't know if he's still here on pinside (or if he's still making the mod) but it might be worth searching out here

#3945 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

jeff thompson was one of the people that pioneered the mod. I don't know if he's still here on pinside (or if he's still making the mod) but it might be worth searching out here

He doesn't - yet. Terrible shame as the mod is absolutely spectacular. Industry-grade level mod.

#3946 2 years ago

Creech is getting a cabinet refurb and some new decals.

99C29CF2-241D-438C-AE82-A08F28D202BC (resized).jpeg99C29CF2-241D-438C-AE82-A08F28D202BC (resized).jpeg

#3947 2 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a quality Creature from the Black Lagoon Apron Decal as pictured in the USA? Or the high-quality artwork to have printed? Thanks!

Creature from the Black Lagoon Apron Decal (resized).pngCreature from the Black Lagoon Apron Decal (resized).png

#3948 2 years ago
Quoted from Mellow:

Anyone know where I can get a quality Creature from the Black Lagoon Apron Decal as pictured in the USA? Or the high-quality artwork to have printed? Thanks!
[quoted image]

Talk to stumblor

With regards to the taillight mod, I contacted Jeff back before COVID hit. He did say he was interested in another run, but didn't know when, and he was dealing with life things so I didn't push. We had a pretty decent conversation and I thought it went rather well. I mentioned I had a list of 10-12 people ready to purchase the mod and I was keeping a running list for a while. Unfortunately, I contacted him about 6 months ago didn't receive a reply this time.

#3949 2 years ago
Quoted from Mellow:

[quoted image]

Yep I've got these. Send me a pm ill send you one. No charge.

#3950 2 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Yep I've got these. Send me a pm ill send you one. No charge.

That is VERY kind, thank you. I will pm.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 24.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 5,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/79?hl=stumblor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.