Topic Stats

• 3,595 posts
  • 379 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Manny65
  • Topic is favorited by 213 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,215 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

924ED0A7-7398-4926-B7ED-6205833D41F9 (resized).jpeg
A969B5B6-B3BE-4F19-8EA1-25C9D338E87D (resized).jpeg
65E9E506-FE16-453A-815B-4A62E2BDEFE5 (resized).jpeg
EE99653B-8747-42F7-8B8E-B8D80AC703AA (resized).jpeg
Creature Plastics.pdf (PDF preview)
Creature Plastics Laser.pdf (PDF preview)
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
CFTBL Flasher Baffle (resized).jpg
IMG_20210118_133915 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210118_134710 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210118_134323 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210118_135043 (resized).jpg
IMG_5166 (resized).JPG
IMG_5151 (resized).JPG

There are 3595 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 72.
#3401 51 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Why is it that Creature doesn't have foam behind any of the snackbar targets?

No idea. I have a NOS set of targets that I bought a couple of decades ago and those did not come with foam pads.

#3402 51 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Yep, mine is a Surfer though. 2-player version. I've been working on my for a long time. It was pretty much a junker. It is my first EM and I learned by jumping right in the fire. Here is the thread with my head spinning everywhere.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-em-surfer-newb-needs-help
It plays great now. I'm actually disassembling the 5 target relay bank right now. It's come a long way!
New question,
Why is it that Creature doesn't have foam behind any of the snackbar targets?

that right yours being a Surfer - almost the same - different backglass and 2 score reels but you know what I mean.

I reckon there is no foam on the CFTBL targets as they take more of a glancing hit rather than a direct hit.

#3403 51 days ago

Ah crap, my "Slide" VUK is not playing nice again. I had replaced the coil and the sleeve and it's been working very very smoothly for a few weeks, and yesterday the ball was again stuck in several occasions (ie the kicker does not propel the ball with enough velocity so that it can escape, and the ball falls back).

What should I know check ? Would the transistor powering that coil explain this behaviour (insuficcient amp) ?

#3404 51 days ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Ah crap, my "Slide" VUK is not playing nice again. I had replaced the coil and the sleeve and it's been working very very smoothly for a few weeks, and yesterday the ball was again stuck in several occasions (ie the kicker does not propel the ball with enough velocity so that it can escape, and the ball falls back).
What should I know check ? Would the transistor powering that coil explain this behaviour (insuficcient amp) ?

check the coil lug as it is very close to the shooter rod when you lift the playfield and known to catch and crack the lug of the coil - worth a look and was the issue when I first had my CFTBL

#3405 50 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

I reckon there is no foam on the CFTBL targets as they take more of a glancing hit rather than a direct hit.

That makes sense, but my F-14 had a zillion targets and the ones that went off in a V were still foamed.

Quoted from Ashram56:

I had a similar problem on my White Water. The wire habit-trail above the VUK was not properly aligned and was enough to interrupt the flow of the ball so that it would fall back down into the VUK. Check to make sure the ball is ejecting straight into the habit-trail and not bumping into the sides.

Fun gameplay last night, the ball rolled out of the pops, my right sling fired and the ball flew over to the left sling which also fired and the ball flew into the air, hit the glass, and landed on the habit-trail that runs down to the whirlpool. Scared the shit out of me.

#3406 50 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

check the coil lug as it is very close to the shooter rod when you lift the playfield and known to catch and crack the lug of the coil - worth a look and was the issue when I first had my CFTBL

So it resulted into the coil not getting enough amp ? I resoldered it about one month ago, I would hope that the lug would be fine (if by lug you mean the connection of the coil to the wire - I'm fluent in english but this one kind of eludes me)

#3407 50 days ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

So it resulted into the coil not getting enough amp ? I resoldered it about one month ago, I would hope that the lug would be fine (if by lug you mean the connection of the coil to the wire - I'm fluent in english but this one kind of eludes me)

yes that is correct

when I first had got the CFTBL it had problems, one of the wires to the coil connector was bad because the connector had broken and was still connecting at times due to pressure

#3408 50 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

yes that is correct
when I first had got the CFTBL it had problems, one of the wires to the coil connector was bad because the connector had broken and was still connecting at times due to pressure

Unfortunately not that. The first coil I replaced had perfect soldering. And so does the one I put in place.

#3409 50 days ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Unfortunately not that. The first coil I replaced had perfect soldering. And so does the one I put in place.

no worries, at least one thing it isn't

#3410 50 days ago

maybe check out this link and have a read
http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wpc/index3.htm

#3411 50 days ago

can you make any slow-mo footage of the vuk. Maybe it is something else blocking the way out? If that ball is launched incorrect it can rattle back and never gets out.

#3412 49 days ago

Thanks for that link, super interesting read. Unfortunately it deals primarily with "no power at all" to the coil, which is not my case (since there is power, just not enough)

Quoted from PeterG:

can you make any slow-mo footage of the vuk. Maybe it is something else blocking the way out? If that ball is launched incorrect it can rattle back and never gets out.

Ah that would have been possible before I changed the coil, since the issue was pretty much every time. More difficult now, the issue appears about one out of ten. But good idea, I'll look into it.

#3413 49 days ago

ashram56 I just put two and two together and realized who you were. Welcome!

The http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wpc/index3.htm website swinks posted is my go to website any time I'm having difficulties.

The very first thing I would do is a coil test on the VUK. I would probably pull the playfield out and rest it on the arms, then put the coil in test mode and then put on my old man glasses and really look at what the coil was doing. Is it binding? Is it firing properly? Is it sparking? Does it sound weird? Really examine the way it is moving and the way it sounds. Oh, and make sure the translite is out when you do the test. I've run into issues before when I was trying to diagnose a problem under the playfield and I actually heard noise in the backbox coming from a busted component I didn't notice was damaged before.

#3414 49 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

ashram56 I just put two and two together and realized who you were. Welcome!

Indeed, that's me. At least I keep my alias consistent between websites

I'll perform this test next week. Thanks for the suggestion. That said, I checked on the schematics, there is a rectifier bridge (BR3) which is driving the high voltage. I've exchanged on Facebook on this subject with some other french enthusiasts, and one was saying that a bad rectifier bridge could result into a lower voltage, anyone seen this ?

#3415 49 days ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Indeed, that's me. At least I keep my alias consistent between websites
I'll perform this test next week. Thanks for the suggestion. That said, I checked on the schematics, there is a rectifier bridge (BR3) which is driving the high voltage. I've exchanged on Facebook on this subject with some other french enthusiasts, and one was saying that a bad rectifier bridge could result into a lower voltage, anyone seen this ?

I would try the obvious stuff first before getting into rectifier bridges. Everything eventually goes bad, but this is less likely the cause.

#3416 49 days ago

At one time I had a broken cup on the VUK and that resulted in the ball not going all the way up. it had to fire several times for it to work properly.

#3417 49 days ago

Has anyone explained the left in-lane scoring feature on the new ROM?

#3418 49 days ago

Checked mechanically, nothing odd. I'll have to check the rectifier bridge. That said, I'd like a pointer that would explain how a defective diode in a rectifier bridge can lead to lower voltage.

#3419 49 days ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

To me I do use a bit of color in my GI circuits in the above playfield. Usually I use some color along with white so that I don't make rainbow puke usually matching to the playfield plastic that's above the light socket.
When I did a refurbish on this machine I also changed out the red pop bumper caps to blue and lit them as if you look at the playfield art work in that area it is a under water scene. Also the pop bumper area of the machine originally is very dark. I also added about 10+ more GI lighting in that area other than lighting the pop bumpers themselves. Here are a few pictures of my machine.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That actually looks pretty nice! I did the same thing. Color matched the posts and rubbers, too.
20191110_225231 copy (resized).jpg

#3420 48 days ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

That actually looks pretty nice! I did the same thing. Color matched the posts and rubbers, too.
[quoted image]

That looks pretty good! If you use Titan rubbers, it would be pretty sweet if you setup a "kit" with your rubber setup here, post a pic so people can see what it looks like and type in your post quantity per color under the description. Added benefit is they'll give you a $1 every time someone buys your "kit" so next time you order rubbers it'll be like you're getting them for free!

#3421 48 days ago
Quoted from PinballPat:

That looks pretty good! If you use Titan rubbers, it would be pretty sweet if you setup a "kit" with your rubber setup here, post a pic so people can see what it looks like and type in your post quantity per color under the description. Added benefit is they'll give you a $1 every time someone buys your "kit" so next time you order rubbers it'll be like you're getting them for free!

I just bought Titan's during the Black Friday sale. They should be here Wednesday. I"ll post once I install them. I built a kit on the Titan website.

#3422 46 days ago

Install the new Creech ROM tonight. Anyone else try it?
1 (resized).jpg

Here are the full release notes.

Creature From The Black Lagoon
Revision 5.0
1 November 2020

Credits

Changes designed and implemented by Soren Worre.

Based on the revision L-4 software released in 1992 by Williams Electronics Games Inc.

The author would like to thank the designers of this pinball machine.

Special thanks to Jesper Graver.

Summary

Broken features within the modes Multiball, Big millions, Snack attack and Move your car are fixed.
Random elements within the modes Multiball, Snack bar and Playgound can now be set to run in patterns.
Two new feature adjustments.
The never used left inlane scoring indicators now have a purpose.
Upgraded lamp procedure.

Improvements

Fully suitable for competition play.
Supports LED lamps.
No playfield indicators left for incomplete usage.

Detailed changes description

Reference to the L-4 revision.

New feature adjustment A.2 19 "Girl search".
Options:
- "Random": As rev. L-4. The girl is located at a randomly chosen Search target.
- "Pattern": The girl is always at the second Search target made. And third Search target after a jackpot (rest of game, player individual).
- "T-play": When tournament play selected: As the "Pattern" option. Else as the "Random" option.

Default: "T-play".

New feature adjustment A.2 20 "Tournament play Snack bar Unlimited millions".
Options:
- "No": When tournament play selected: The Snack bar will never award the Unlimited millions mode.
- "Yes": When tournament play selected: The Snack bar will award the Unlimited millions mode (see awards pattern).

Default: "No".

The 10B Snack attack bug, fixed.
Snack attack count down lands nicely on 10M.

255 bumper hits to light Super jackpot bug, fixed.
Bumper hits to light Super jackpot not resetting on a next multiball bug, fixed.

1x "maxed" playfield multiplier bug, fixed.

Bonus-x calculation corrected to be as indicated by the game. 1x/2x/4x/6x/8x/10x.
Bonus base value raised by a factor-3.

A bug where Move your car was not running properly after a multiball, fixed.

A bug where Snack attack was incorrectly promoted on the right ramp count-up display, fixed.

When tournament play selected: Playground award is following a fixed pattern. Player individual.
Playground award order: Unlimited millions, Jet bumpers, Intermission time and then start over.

When tournament play selected: Snack bar awards follow a fixed pattern. Player individual.

When adj. A.2 20 "Tournament play Snack bar Unlimited millions" is set to "No":
Before a multiball has been played: F, L or M letter once (if needed and in that order). Then random points ones.
After a multiball has been played: Random points ones only.

When adj. A.2 20 "Tournament play Snack bar Unlimited millions" is set to "Yes":
Before a multiball has been played: F, L or M letter once (if needed and in that order). Then random points ones.
After a multiball has been played: Unlimited millions once. Then random points ones.

When tournament play selected: Tap a button in attract mode to show the latest game scores.

The 10M, 20M and 30M indicators are brought to life.
The Big millions mode offers a one time only award on the left inlane.
10M, 20M or 30M based on timing.

A bug where the European region installs the hard pre-set on a factory reset, fixed.

The lamp matrix procedure is upgraded to better prevent "ghosting" when LED lamps are used.

Adjustment A.1 21 "Language" is limited to "English".

Adjustment A.1 28 "Min. vol override" defaults to “Yes”.

Note

The Snack bar Unlimited millions, after a multiball played, is any multiball played.
When selected, the Unlimited millions mode is victory laps for the multiball.

Snach bar random points ones are: Popcorn (1M), Hot dog (2M), Hot pretzel (4M), Ice cold pop (4M) and Hamburger (5M).

The incremented bonus base value is to compensate that the max bonus-x is reduced from the incorrect 32x to 10x.
High X bonus is by this a similar payoff. Low X bonus will get a boost.

Feature adjustement A.2 3 "Multiball" is of no use.
At least as of rev. L-4, the game is not awarding multiball at the Snack bar mystery.

The Big millions mode left inlane award is also given when the inlane is made on a ramp shot return.
In L-4, the indicators were used for light show only.
The Big millions mode is also running during Super scoring. But will end (time out) before the Super scoring umbrella mode is ending.

Sound board software

To be installed with sound board software rev. L-1.

Legal

Copyright 1992, 2020 Williams Electronics Games Inc. & Planetary Pinball Supply Inc. All Rights Reserved.

The software is provided as-is, without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement. In no event shall the authors or copyright holders be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with the software or the use or other dealings in the software.

#3423 46 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Install the new Creech ROM tonight. Anyone else try it?
[quoted image]
Here are the full release notes.
Creature From The Black Lagoon
Revision 5.0
1 November 2020
Credits
Changes designed and implemented by Soren Worre.
Based on the revision L-4 software released in 1992 by Williams Electronics Games Inc.
The author would like to thank the designers of this pinball machine.
Special thanks to Jesper Graver.
Summary
Broken features within the modes Multiball, Big millions, Snack attack and Move your car are fixed.
Random elements within the modes Multiball, Snack bar and Playgound can now be set to run in patterns.
Two new feature adjustments.
The never used left inlane scoring indicators now have a purpose.
Upgraded lamp procedure.
Improvements
Fully suitable for competition play.
Supports LED lamps.
No playfield indicators left for incomplete usage.
Detailed changes description
Reference to the L-4 revision.
New feature adjustment A.2 19 "Girl search".
Options:
- "Random": As rev. L-4. The girl is located at a randomly chosen Search target.
- "Pattern": The girl is always at the second Search target made. And third Search target after a jackpot (rest of game, player individual).
- "T-play": When tournament play selected: As the "Pattern" option. Else as the "Random" option.
Default: "T-play".
New feature adjustment A.2 20 "Tournament play Snack bar Unlimited millions".
Options:
- "No": When tournament play selected: The Snack bar will never award the Unlimited millions mode.
- "Yes": When tournament play selected: The Snack bar will award the Unlimited millions mode (see awards pattern).
Default: "No".
The 10B Snack attack bug, fixed.
Snack attack count down lands nicely on 10M.
255 bumper hits to light Super jackpot bug, fixed.
Bumper hits to light Super jackpot not resetting on a next multiball bug, fixed.
1x "maxed" playfield multiplier bug, fixed.
Bonus-x calculation corrected to be as indicated by the game. 1x/2x/4x/6x/8x/10x.
Bonus base value raised by a factor-3.
A bug where Move your car was not running properly after a multiball, fixed.
A bug where Snack attack was incorrectly promoted on the right ramp count-up display, fixed.
When tournament play selected: Playground award is following a fixed pattern. Player individual.
Playground award order: Unlimited millions, Jet bumpers, Intermission time and then start over.
When tournament play selected: Snack bar awards follow a fixed pattern. Player individual.
When adj. A.2 20 "Tournament play Snack bar Unlimited millions" is set to "No":
After a multiball has been played: Random points ones only.
When adj. A.2 20 "Tournament play Snack bar Unlimited millions" is set to "Yes":
After a multiball has been played: Unlimited millions once. Then random points ones.
When tournament play selected: Tap a button in attract mode to show the latest game scores.
A bug where the European region installs the hard pre-set on a factory reset, fixed.
The lamp matrix procedure is upgraded to better prevent "ghosting" when LED lamps are used.
Adjustment A.1 21 "Language" is limited to "English".
Adjustment A.1 28 "Min. vol override" defaults to “Yes”.
Note
The Snack bar Unlimited millions, after a multiball played, is any multiball played.
When selected, the Unlimited millions mode is victory laps for the multiball.
Snach bar random points ones are: Popcorn (1M), Hot dog (2M), Hot pretzel (4M), Ice cold pop (4M) and Hamburger (5M).
The incremented bonus base value is to compensate that the max bonus-x is reduced from the incorrect 32x to 10x.
High X bonus is by this a similar payoff. Low X bonus will get a boost.
Feature adjustement A.2 3 "Multiball" is of no use.
At least as of rev. L-4, the game is not awarding multiball at the Snack bar mystery.
The Big millions mode left inlane award is also given when the inlane is made on a ramp shot return.
In L-4, the indicators were used for light show only.
The Big millions mode is also running during Super scoring. But will end (time out) before the Super scoring umbrella mode is ending.
Sound board software
To be installed with sound board software rev. L-1.
Legal
Copyright 1992, 2020 Williams Electronics Games Inc. & Planetary Pinball Supply Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The software is provided as-is, without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement. In no event shall the authors or copyright holders be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with the software or the use or other dealings in the software.

Not yet - have you tried big millions mode with the left inlane bonus? Given it is based on timing for the 30, 20 & 10M are they cycling round (eg one every second) or does it start at 30M and then drop to 20M after a period of time and then 10M and then off?

#3424 46 days ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Not yet - have you tried big millions mode with the left inlane bonus? Given it is based on timing for the 30, 20 & 10M are they cycling round (eg one every second) or does it start at 30M and then drop to 20M after a period of time and then 10M and then off?

I haven't yet. I only had about 10 minutes and then had to put the kids to bed. I focused on the SEARCH to see it switched up from RANDOM to PATTERN.

I was hoping we could all go through the release notes together. There are some notes I just don't understand.

#3425 46 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I haven't yet. I only had about 10 minutes and then had to put the kids to bed.

It is funny how we speak as if we're not the kids here.

#3426 45 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Install the new Creech ROM tonight. Anyone else try it...

Yeah, I did and it totally wonked-out my Mike D mod. Waiting for someone else try it and report back if it confuses their video mod as well or if I just had an issue that coincidentally popped up when I installed the new code.

#3427 45 days ago

Is anyone familiar with this? I've been playing Creech forever but this mod only faintly rings a bell.

BTW, the LEDs in my pin DO look better. I've noticed some of the LEDs that ghosted constantly on my pin are no longer ghosting. I need to play a bit more to see if the LEDs are more fluid and less harsh (like with an LED OCD), but there is already an improvement from the limited time I've put on it.

#3428 45 days ago

I have the new ROM but haven’t installed it yet. Hope to this week and will report back. I do not have the Mike D mod.

#3429 45 days ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Yeah, I did and it totally wonked-out my Mike D mod. Waiting for someone else try it and report back if it confuses their video mod as well or if I just had an issue that coincidentally popped up when I installed the new code.

Did you ever get your MikeD mod working normally after reverting the ROM? I'm apprehensive to trying it based on your experience!

#3430 45 days ago

Saw this CFTBL in a house listing, that's some interesting customization

1-3.jpg1.jpg
#3431 45 days ago

funky, looks like it will probably lift out of the custom outer cabinet

#3432 45 days ago

Maybe they didn't like the cabinet decals?? Or the artwork was damaged and they didn't realise they could replace the decals

Certainly not the worst mod I've seen

#3433 45 days ago

That’s wild, but I kind of dig it though. Has a cool Art Deco appearance. Would love to know the story behind that. Maybe it’s the only way the wife would approve, if it looked like a piece of furniture and matched the room decor.

#3434 45 days ago

Looks like something you would see in a funeral parlor.

#3435 44 days ago

The biggest issue I see is you might break a finger doing slap save.

#3436 41 days ago

So today I started digging into my hologram motor. When I bought the game the wires were disconnected from the motor. So today, I reconnected them just to see what would happen.

I can only assume this isn’t the right motor. First, it goes really fast. Second, the sparks go flying inside the housing, lol. Needless to say, I disconnected it again.

7A58890B-DE17-4D4F-BD68-FE375BE36BB0 (resized).jpeg
#3437 41 days ago

My creech window has seen better days, as has the light shroud that’s mounted to the playfield. I haven’t been able to find the window decals. Once I do, I’ll replace the whole bit.

But for now, I wanted to see how well I could buff out the scratches. I used a 3M headlight polishing kit. The results were fairly good. I’d say that it could be better had I spent more time on the final step, but honestly, this is a temporary solution anyhow...

The before and in progress pics. A gallon paint can, covered with a cloth, makes a nice stand.

F2698879-7C6D-42E3-BCB4-CEA0186529BA (resized).jpegCBC3E005-FEB1-49D4-A90D-2FAB79DF02CC (resized).jpegDB9E3387-AC9E-4DA7-86A6-4498D1184E15 (resized).jpeg33F51EBF-8D53-41B4-A24E-52E5C0228F06 (resized).jpeg
#3438 41 days ago

And a few after pics. The last pic is my epoxying the mounts back onto the window.

CCFF2FEB-CA29-4CA2-AA0E-2193ED985799 (resized).jpegA0B2A6FC-A0B7-4081-A12D-A6AE2045E8D2 (resized).jpeg37393ACD-46A6-42D8-B90A-E037FAA793FE (resized).jpeg
#3439 41 days ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I have the new ROM but haven’t installed it yet. Hope to this week and will report back. I do not have the Mike D mod.

I got it in tonight but due to poor play and player nothing noticeable as of yet. I run a Color DMD and pinsound with original hologram FWIW.

9BBB9CFE-95D4-4DA4-B9E8-12F1B2DA0981 (resized).jpegA52F43A6-B278-4483-958B-BCAC0EAAFF14 (resized).jpeg
#3440 41 days ago

There is a burn mark in the window that I couldn’t sand out. I tried and tried, but it wouldn’t budge. Oh well...

Anyone know where I can source decals for the window?

#3441 41 days ago

That came out great! I didn't think of trying headlight polish. I just happen to have some. Nice idea!

#3442 41 days ago
Quoted from PinJim:

There is a burn mark in the window that I couldn’t sand out. I tried and tried, but it wouldn’t budge. Oh well...
Anyone know where I can source decals for the window?

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/decals/decals-playfield-ramp/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-window-decal-set/

#3443 41 days ago

Finally! Got around to installing my movie poster mod! I picked this up in Texas 2 years ago for $25 bucks. I'm not huge into toys and mods on a PF because most of the time they block the site of the ball and effect game play. Since this was so cheap and it looked like it mounted in a place that was already somewhat of a dead area and out of the way I gave it a shot. Well I really like what it adds to the playfield! Just scrolls through old movie posters. Pretty neat when the creature poster comes up it will say "now playing" and the others say other days of the week. Used 12 and 5 volts and the harness it came with I was'nt a fan of. So I made my own custom harness with molex connectors to remove it nice and easy if needed. The wires were really short and they just wanted you to drape it over the back of the PF. I snuck all the wires out of the flasher behind it and under the PF into the wire loom. I get a nice reflection off the mirror blades as well.

50711457323_4df37d121a_o (resized).jpg50711457448_5164090848_o (resized).jpg50711457493_152bd7b257_o (resized).jpg50711457498_d0a4742aab_o (resized).jpg50712190751_96eee38933_o (resized).jpg50712274687_7d3ddfc9ca_o (resized).jpg
#3445 41 days ago

I have the new rom but have not installed it because of the Mike D Hologram mod.

#3446 41 days ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Finally! Got around to installing my movie poster mod! I picked this up in Texas 2 years ago for $25 bucks. I'm not huge into toys and mods on a PF because most of the time they block the site of the ball and effect game play. Since this was so cheap and it looked like it mounted in a place that was already somewhat of a dead area and out of the way I gave it a shot. Well I really like what it adds to the playfield! Just scrolls through old movie posters. Pretty neat when the creature poster comes up it will say "now playing" and the others say other days of the week. Used 12 and 5 volts and the harness it came with I was'nt a fan of. So I made my own custom harness with molex connectors to remove it nice and easy if needed. The wires were really short and they just wanted you to drape it over the back of the PF. I snuck all the wires out of the flasher behind it and under the PF into the wire loom. I get a nice reflection off the mirror blades as well.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pretty sure that is a swinks mod.

#3447 41 days ago

So this happened today...33DA44ED-AFA8-4328-A9CE-5ABCAA3A8F4D (resized).jpeg

Along with the new ramps and most everything else from when I got my game and the new cab art I grabbed from Planetary, I’m pretty excited about the next steps for my Creature!

#3448 41 days ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Fifty:

Pretty sure that is a swinks mod.

yes and no

I originally designed the movie poster mod though mine had a slightly smaller same brand screen and was tucked up in the back right corner more. I had a list of about 50 people super keen and then I just was not happy with the glare and in removing the glass which was removeable cancelled out the warranty so I sadly opted to bail on the project. Then the guy (sorry pinside name escapes me at the moment) that did these did it under a arrangement for a limited run which ended up being around 40 units I think - with alot of the same posters but he used a larger screen and added the el-wire.

#3449 41 days ago

Put an MRS in that bowl!

#3450 41 days ago

Have a couple of people asking me about the L5 rom and what type of LED issues it resolves, and whether it means that boards like the LEDOCD and Afterglow and now unnecessary. fifty I know this is something you brought up recently with me, but I thought it would be good to put all our feedback here so everyone was aware.

The background is that there are two issues that exists when creech is converted to full LED - Insert ghosting, and GI flickering when the GI is faded. Both issues are resolved by using the LEDOCD/Afterglow boards (one for the inserts, one for the GI) but has anyone got any feedback on which issues, if any, are resolved when using the L5 ROM?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 3595 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 72.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside