IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 115.
#3301 3 years ago

Yup after two sets cracking right there, I bent both metal scoops ( Snackbar and Kiss) to be more curved and have a lower profile so the plastic wouldn't touch it and have not had a problem since. Something they should have done in at the factory.

#3302 3 years ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

Yup after two sets cracking right there, I bent both metal scoops ( Snackbar and Kiss) to be more curved and have a lower profile so the plastic wouldn't touch it and have not had a problem since. Something they should have done in at the factory.

How exactly did you bend the scoops? By hand or ??

#3303 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

How exactly did you bend the scoops? By hand or ??

I took out the snack bar scoop and bent it in a vice. The tab is on the small side and I did not want to break it. The kiss scoop I pushed down by hand in the game.

#3304 3 years ago

I just heated my plastics and flexed them to match the scoops and that worked great also.

#3305 3 years ago

that is what started my quest to design the snackbar mod to dodge the scoop and common broken plastic issue.

CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v2.2 (resized).jpgCFTBL - Snackbar Mod v2.2 (resized).jpg
#3306 3 years ago

I didn't realise this was a common problem with this plastic. I have never seen one with a broken plastic here and have had multiple Creech's come and go in my lifetime.

#3307 3 years ago

Well I bent the snackbar scoop a bit and it seems ok.

EC478E3B-65C6-453F-8111-C560A32A8ECE (resized).jpegEC478E3B-65C6-453F-8111-C560A32A8ECE (resized).jpeg
#3308 3 years ago

Here’s my progress thus far with the rebuild. I can’t tell you how many post holes were stripped out. Thank god for the toothpick and wood glue trick.

1A1BA092-093B-4540-B451-ECE7D4C5D6B0 (resized).jpeg1A1BA092-093B-4540-B451-ECE7D4C5D6B0 (resized).jpeg
#3309 3 years ago

Just received the new CPU ROM ver 5.0 and about to install, here we go.......

**follow up**

Ok I can confirm all is working fine with ColorDMD and Pinsound Board without issues.

Only played one game but I did notice some fixes with The Unlimited millions mode and I think it was running with "Move Your Car" as well, in girl search mode did get the girl on the second tunnel now too. That's where it ended as the wife called so will need to dive into this more so later on.

#3310 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Just received the new CPU ROM ver 5.0 and about to install, here we go.......

Same...but you'll beat me to install I think....

#3311 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Same...but you'll beat me to install I think....

Is it just a matter of swapping chips over?

#3312 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Yep, swap the CPU ROM and re do your settings.

#3313 3 years ago

Bad news for anyone with the MikeD mod, the new ROM does not appear to work with it. It randomly shuts down the video screen when it should be triggering a new video. Maybe it is just mine, but it was working perfectly before the ROM swap. Bummer.

#3314 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Hey mate, been a while. Believe Nino is looking to bring some chips in for us from PPS

#3315 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Bad news for anyone with the MikeD mod, the new ROM does not appear to work with it. It randomly shuts down the video screen when it should be triggering a new video. Maybe it is just mine, but it was working perfectly before the ROM swap. Bummer.

Anyone else experiencing this? Would be nice to confirm the issue from multiple sources.

#3316 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Crap! Got my rom today but haven't had a chance to install... I can try and test it tomorrow. Specifically any mode or something the issue occurs, or is it instantly noticeable?

#3317 3 years ago

It went wonky as soon as a video was supposed to change to the next one. I hope it is just mine, as it is still wonky even with the old ROM. It did work perfectly before the swap to the new code, however. Hope you have better results!

#3318 3 years ago

I'm going to hold off for now, seems like Soren is going to do a write up on the change, but I'm not sure we can update MikeD's code to read the lamp matrix differently, so I think we may be stuck on L-4 code.

#3319 3 years ago

That is a bummer. I thought I finally got things back to normal by re-seating all the connectors and the SD card, but it is still not working correctly after I re-installed L4. I would think that someone else is gonna have to bite the bullet and try the new code to confirm this is an issue and not just my particular mod issue?

#3320 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I'm going to hold off for now, seems like Soren is going to do a write up on the change, but I'm not sure we can update MikeD's code to read the lamp matrix differently, so I think we may be stuck on L-4 code.

Temporarily

#3321 3 years ago

So all with MikeD mod in, do not upgrade. I do not have that mod but also do not think why I should upgrade. Any reason?

#3322 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

So all with MikeD mod in, do not upgrade. I do not have that mod but also do not think why I should upgrade. Any reason?

It really depends whether you want any of the below fixes or enhancements:

Creature From The Black Lagoon
Revision 5.0

Summary

Broken features within the modes Multiball, Big millions, Snack attack and Move your car are fixed.
Random elements within the modes Multiball, Snack bar and Playgound can now be set to run in patterns.
Two new feature adjustments.
The never used left inlane scoring indicators now have a purpose.
Upgraded lamp procedure.

Improvements

Fully suitable for competition play.
Supports LED lamps.
No playfield indicators left for incomplete usage.

The detailed description for the above changes are here https://dotsandloopspinball.com/rn/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon%20rev%2050%20Release%20note.txt

#3323 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I do not have that mod but also do not think why I should upgrade. Any reason?

Quoted from Manny65:

Revision 5.0

Summary

Broken features within the modes Multiball, Big millions, Snack attack and Move your car are fixed.
Random elements within the modes Multiball, Snack bar and Playgound can now be set to run in patterns.
Upgraded lamp procedure.

Improvements

Supports LED lamps.

^^ 100% why you should.

#3324 3 years ago

I just ordered it from Mikes. Looking forward to it. Thanks soren

#3325 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

^^ 100% why you should.

I guess the only reason "you should" would be if you run comps and want to throw CFTBL into the mix. However if you experience any of the existing bugs, or simply you want that latest and to try out the left inlane scoring then it could be enough for you to upgrade - I don't think the changes are ground breaking but it depends whether they are compelling to you.

#3326 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

It really depends whether you want any of the below fixes or enhancements:
Revision 5.0
Summary
Upgraded lamp procedure.
Improvements
Supports LED lamps.
The detailed description for the above changes are here https://dotsandloopspinball.com/rn/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon%20rev%2050%20Release%20note.txt

I have the Aussie LCD mod I wonder if the upgraded ROM isn’t suitable. I know the left inlane light does nothing but I wasn’t aware of the other bugs lol maybe just leave as is.

#3327 3 years ago

I assume the music playing at a low level after the game over music stops is a software bug. At least that’s my understanding. Would have been nice to have it fixed, but honestly, I’m grateful for what has been done.

I have the updated roms but need to finish my shop job, hopefully done tomorrow or Friday. I can’t wait!

#3328 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I have the Aussie LCD mod I wonder if the upgraded ROM isn’t suitable. I know the left inlane light does nothing but I wasn’t aware of the other bugs lol maybe just leave as is.

Hey Pete - what's connectors / lamps / flashers does the Aussie version connect up to?

#3329 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hey Pete - what's connectors / lamps / flashers does the Aussie version connect up to?

Geez no idea mate it was on when I bought it lol. It works fantastic with awesome graphics on the screen. Although since adding my color DMD the screen sometimes resets, I’m told it’s due to the power draw on the system and I need to add another power source

#3330 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Geez no idea mate it was on when I bought it lol. It works fantastic with awesome graphics on the screen. Although since adding my color DMD the screen sometimes resets, I’m told it’s due to the power draw on the system and I need to add another power source

yep the resetting is power which is the screen and color dmd and if you have the speaker panel definitely pushes it over the limit

#3331 3 years ago

Hey guys a new Creature owner here, I just made a video on my new to me cftbl, Did some cool mods to it...please give it a watch!

#3332 3 years ago

good video and beautiful looking game

#3333 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Hey guys a new Creature owner here, I just made a video on my new to me cftbl, Did some cool mods to it...please give it a watch!

Welcome to the club! Great video - well done

#3334 3 years ago

I got this far into the reassembly of my machine and realized I forgot to install a ball guide for the lift ramp. Time to walk away for the day, not pleased. Oh well, some of the wire looms need routed correctly anyhow, so it’ll give me the opportunity to make that right.

Every damn ramp on this thing is broken somewhere, short of the ones I replaced. Seems like the older games can be real money pits.

1A6F3801-5204-4D72-B8D2-CF8786DC9B86 (resized).jpeg1A6F3801-5204-4D72-B8D2-CF8786DC9B86 (resized).jpeg
#3335 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Awesome video. Can you link the side art please I love those.

#3336 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Great video and enjoy it very much, well done! Welcome to owning a Creature.
Note: on a couple of things. LED lighting, I never buy the kits due to you are limited to what they send you. I always buy many different colors to make my own choice. Frosted LEDs work best in the upper GI playfield lighting due to the glare factor back at you during game play.
Your machine has many more mods than you showed. Would like to hear about the other's installed.
The video showed you putting LED's in the Creature ramp and whirlpool (individual), but are LED strip lighting in the video at the end. What did you do to make the change? How does it work with the control board?
Would recommend removing all parts on the playfield before cleaning that includes the metal lanes, star posts and posts. Clean these all separately and replace star posts as needed. Works better on a complete shop out job.
None of this is meant to be critical, but hopefully helpful.

#3337 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Good video!

I’d recommend adding a couple coats of carnauba wax to the playfield as part of your shop routine, that Zep Powerhouse cleaner says it removes wax.

Also cleaning the underside of your inserts with some cotton swaps and alcohol or Novus 1 makes them look great!

Any feedback on the glow in the dark rubbers? Do they look good, UV lighting required?

#3338 3 years ago

I finally got my creech back together this morning. First thing I noticed is the chaser lights on the swirl / whirlpool aren’t working correctly. They don’t turn off when expected. A little reading leads me to believe it’s due to the LEDs not putting enough load on the MOSFET outputs.

I assume the solution is to return to incandescent or buy and expensive aftermarket board?

Frustrating. This game, I bet I’ll have well over $1k in parts invested in it. And it still needs more. Seems like $2k is a reasonable budget when fixing up older machines. That’s what I put into STTNG.

#3339 3 years ago

Darkfader Very nice Creech you have there. I like the addition to LEDs to the shooter lane.

#3340 3 years ago

I would like to switch my CFTBL ROM to English (currently in French, horrendous translation as always), I have the ROM code, I have the programmer, but I would welcome the ROM chip reference (I could probably get it by opening the backbox and removing the sticker, but my wife keeps playing it )

Thanks !

#3341 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

I finally got my creech back together this morning. First thing I noticed is the chaser lights on the swirl / whirlpool aren’t working correctly. They don’t turn off when expected. A little reading leads me to believe it’s due to the LEDs not putting enough load on the MOSFET outputs.
I assume the solution is to return to incandescent or buy and expensive aftermarket board?
Frustrating. This game, I bet I’ll have well over $1k in parts invested in it. And it still needs more. Seems like $2k is a reasonable budget when fixing up older machines. That’s what I put into STTNG.

I have Comet LEDs in my Creature bowl. They work as they should. I have all LEDs in this pin.

#3342 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I would like to switch my CFTBL ROM to English (currently in French, horrendous translation as always), I have the ROM code, I have the programmer, but I would welcome the ROM chip reference (I could probably get it by opening the backbox and removing the sticker, but my wife keeps playing it )
Thanks !

Are your CPU jumpers set correctly?

https://www.flippers.be/basics/101_wpc_country_settings.html

#3343 3 years ago

Hi everyone,

I posted my review of the new MOVE YOUR SNACKBAR mod created by stumblor

This is a fantastic mod that is a must own for anyone that has a Swink's Snackbar mod.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-move-you-snackbar-a-lighting-mod-for-swinks-cftbl-snackbar/page/4#post-5983549

11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg

#3344 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

You are right - it's to do with the current draw not completely turning off the mosfets. All of the (current) aftermarket boards from what I understand don't solve this issue as they're all based on the same architecture as the original so suffer the same problem.

The cheapest solution while still retaining the look of the LEDs is to just replace one or two of the leds with incandescents. You can do this in relatively inconspicuous areas, and it will fix the issue for the most part (but not completely). When I tried this method it worked about 9 out of 10 times.

Or... (and this is a shameless plug so take it or leave it) you could wait for a few months and pickup one the new chase boards I'm building. Brand new patterns, brand new architecture, build for leds (but will work with incandescents) and proper ac trailing edge fading. Less cheap than a few bulbs though, we're looking at about 175 usd plus postage from UK.

I don't have a dedicated thread yet but there's a video in my other thread showing the patterns.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-move-you-snackbar-a-lighting-mod-for-swinks-cftbl-snackbar/page/3#post-5949580

All the best,
Davey

#3345 3 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

You are right - it's to do with the current draw not completely turning off the mosfets. All of the (current) aftermarket boards from what I understand don't solve this issue as they're all based on the same architecture as the original so suffer the same problem.
The cheapest solution while still retaining the look of the LEDs is to just replace one or two of the leds with incandescents. You can do this in relatively inconspicuous areas, and it will fix the issue for the most part (but not completely). When I tried this method it worked about 9 out of 10 times.
Or... (and this is a shameless plug so take it or leave it) you could wait for a few months and pickup one the new chase boards I'm building. Brand new patterns, brand new architecture, build for leds (but will work with incandescents) and proper ac trailing edge fading. Less cheap than a few bulbs though, we're looking at about 175 usd plus postage from UK.
I don't have a dedicated thread yet but there's a video in my other thread showing the patterns.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-move-you-snackbar-a-lighting-mod-for-swinks-cftbl-snackbar/page/3#post-5949580
All the best,
Davey

I’m down for waiting on a viable solution. Ironically, I just wrote you on another forum.

I love the LED look, but about 1/3 of my chaser lights lock on. Maybe for the time being I’ll go back to regular bulbs...

#3346 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Maybe for the time being I’ll go back to regular bulbs...

On my chase lights I kept the original bulbs and dipped them in greem translucent model paint and they look great.

#3347 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

On my chase lights I kept the original bulbs and dipped them in greem translucent model paint and they look great.

Did the same.

#3348 3 years ago

Ok, next creech question. Should the jackpot sign push down on the “move your car” switch? Seems like I’m missing a spacer or something?

C44A5A6B-2591-4A3E-B04B-D4A8C1D99DE2 (resized).jpegC44A5A6B-2591-4A3E-B04B-D4A8C1D99DE2 (resized).jpeg
#3349 3 years ago

That’s normal on mine. It just touches.

#3350 3 years ago

Yes, that is normal. It just rests on top. If you're having difficulties you can angle it a bit more or try pushing the grey cover down on the switch a bit.

Coming along nicely!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
€ 24.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 9.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 115.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/67?hl=darkfader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.