IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 115.
#3201 3 years ago

just letting you guys know I am doing one last run of Snackbar Mod v5's and then that is it
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-move-you-snackbar-a-lighting-mod-for-swinks-cftbl-snackbar#post-5783957

then you could also add stumblor awesome lighting upgrade to a existed Snackbar Mod v2 through to v5
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-move-you-snackbar-a-lighting-mod-for-swinks-cftbl-snackbar#post-5783957

IMG_3928 - Version 2 (resized).JPGIMG_3928 - Version 2 (resized).JPG
#3202 3 years ago

I'm shipping a creature from Washington state to California through Michelle Bianchi and STI. It has that giant, foam creature topper. What would be the best way to send the topper with the game without any damage to it?

#3203 3 years ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

I'm shipping a creature from Washington state to California through Michelle Bianchi and STI. It has that giant, foam creature topper. What would be the best way to send the topper with the game without any damage to it?

box it and attach to cabinet

#3204 3 years ago

Back in tomorrow!

#3205 3 years ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

Are you shipping the machine on a pallet or on it's legs?

If shipping the pin on it's legs (which I hear STI do) then boxing it and sitting on the top of the folded head might work - it just depends on the size as you don't want it hanging out over any of the edges of the pin. If on a pallet, I'd box it and see if you can put it with or on top of the upended pin and then wrap and protect both - again you need to make sure no parts are sticking out over the edges of the pallet. It is pretty big, so if can't sit on the top of pin due to it overhanging, then I'd recommend putting it in a wooden box/crate to ensure it isn't damaged.

#3206 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Are you shipping the machine on a pallet or on it's legs?
If shipping the pin on it's legs (which I hear STI do) then boxing it and sitting on the top of the folded head might work - it just depends on the size as you don't want it hanging out over any of the edges of the pin. If on a pallet, I'd box it and see if you can put it with or on top of the upended pin and then wrap and protect both - again you need to make sure no parts are sticking out over the edges of the pallet. It is pretty big, so if can't sit on the top of pin due to it overhanging, then I'd recommend putting it in a wooden box/crate to ensure it isn't damaged.

ending up having to build a crate for it. What a pain.

#3207 3 years ago

I just got Swinks’ Snack Bar mod and this thing looks phenomenal in person. I’d been wanting it for a while and jumped on it when I saw he was remaking them. Now if only I could have the same luck with the MikeD mod

6E4D44B6-9A62-464D-9CF0-3F3E338DABDC (resized).jpeg6E4D44B6-9A62-464D-9CF0-3F3E338DABDC (resized).jpegA8108337-C0C0-4D11-8584-6DA78EB66215 (resized).jpegA8108337-C0C0-4D11-8584-6DA78EB66215 (resized).jpeg
#3208 3 years ago

#Creature From the Black Lagoon. #CFTBL Need some assistance in troubleshooting my Gill-Man machine. Machine powers up, and DMD displays the following error message:

Check Fuse FL14 and FL15.

Opened up the backglass and removed these two fuses from the Power Driver board and checked them with the trusty multimeter. Both have continuity and are not blown. Looking at the manual, it appears FL14 is the +18V Lamp Matrix, while FL15 is the +12 VDC switch matrix. The machine will not start a game, feed a ball, etc.

Not certain what steps to take next in terms of troubleshooting the machine.

Suggestions much appreciated. I'm in Alabaster, Alabama near Birmingham.

#3209 3 years ago

There's no FL14 or FL15 fuse on the power driver board. There's F104, F114 F105 and F115 - are you sure you checked the right ones?
Edit - I guess you mean F114 and F115 if you're talking about the 18V lamp matrix etc. Worth checking though.

#3211 3 years ago
Quoted from mjwilliams:

I just got Swinks’ Snack Bar mod and this thing looks phenomenal in person. I’d been wanting it for a while and jumped on it when I saw he was remaking them. Now if only I could have the same luck with the MikeD mod
[quoted image][quoted image]

great to hear and thanks for sharing.

If you share images on this thread I will have 2 photo comps for fun - before and after Christmas best photo comps to capture all final batch owners, winner gets a free t-shirt of their choice for each comp
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swinks-cftbl-snackbar-mod-v5-last-ever-run#post-5793471

#3212 3 years ago
Quoted from mjwilliams:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Now you'll need to get on the list for https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-move-you-snackbar-a-lighting-mod-for-swinks-cftbl-snackbar by stumblor

#3213 3 years ago

Are there any good replacement holograms currently available, or is the etched acrylic thing the best option right now?

I know some guy has been working on an LCD mod for 3 years. Not sure I'm willing to wait for that.

#3214 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Are there any good replacement holograms currently available, or is the etched acrylic thing the best option right now?
I know some guy has been working on an LCD mod for 3 years. Not sure I'm willing to wait for that.

some info on the laser etched acrylic version if that is of any help
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-alternative-hologram-background-review-amp-upgrade

2 weeks later
#3215 3 years ago

Sometime way back when I purchased one of those CFTBL Grave Walker props a few years ago in hopes in to make a topper out of it, well long behold I forgot I had purchased it and Creech is now gone. I'll sell it for what I paid $225.00 if anyone is interested. Pretty decent size box as well at 18x18x30 so figure shipping would be around $35.00, local pickup is fine too.

It's still NIB with bubble around around the head and parts, however over time the front plastic window of the box the glue let go and that's loose.

Photo's added.

IMG_9909 (resized).JPGIMG_9909 (resized).JPGIMG_9910 (resized).JPGIMG_9910 (resized).JPGIMG_9911 (resized).JPGIMG_9911 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#3216 3 years ago

Hi everyone,

I made up some Creech apron cards that I wanted to share with you all. I am not a fan of any of the cards that are currently out there. I found most of them have gill man in your face or as the primary focus, which makes sense, but I wanted something different. I wanted something that captured the drive-in aspect of the game better, the movie side of things, something more light hearted that matched the retro feel. I still used gill man, but only a tiny bit.

I did a lot of research on 1950's theatres, font styles, and old newpaper adverts for movies. I tried to capture them as best I could. I am not an Adobe Illustrator expert, if fact this is my first real attempt, but I think these came out really nicely. The apron cards are designed to be used with gill man on the left and the rules on the right. I know this is a bit controversial as this isn't typically the way things are laid out. You can install them any way you want, but I just wanted to share how it was intended.

When you print these out, make sure you select do not scale. When you cut them out, cut along the outside of the dark grey border. They are 82mm x 152mm so they are a perfect fit. I would also suggest using an acid free cardstock, something in-between 90-120LBs. This gives them some heft, so the cards don't sag in the middle.

I did up two versions. A light pink and a hot pink to match whatever version of PF you have installed. My personal favourite is the hot pink. There is a PayPal donation link at the bottom of the page, but please don't feel obligated.

Please enjoy.

Light pink
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U_xH9_vuPTo2ZlQIFKXn5Ff9boDnUt_7/view?usp=sharing
lightpink (resized).JPGlightpink (resized).JPG

Hot pink
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qUB5BHmqUKcEMXton63COISJta6Y5lEE/view?usp=sharing
hotpink (resized).JPGhotpink (resized).JPG

#3217 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Hi everyone,
I made up some Creech apron cards that I wanted to share with you all. I am not a fan of any of the cards that are currently out there. I found most of them have gill man in your face or as the primary focus, which makes sense, but I wanted something different. I wanted something that captured the drive-in aspect of the game better, the movie side of things, something more light hearted that matched the retro feel. I still used gill man, but only a tiny bit.
I did a lot of research on 1950's theatres, font styles, and old newpaper adverts for movies. I tried to capture them as best I could. I am not an Adobe Illustrator expert, if fact this is my first real attempt, but I think these came out really nicely. The apron cards are designed to be used with gill man on the left and the rules on the right. I know this is a bit controversial as this isn't typically the way things are laid out. You can install them any way you want, but I just wanted to share how it was intended.
When you print these out, make sure you select do not scale. When you cut them out, cut along the outside of the dark grey border. They are 82mm x 152mm so they are a perfect fit. I would also suggest using an acid free cardstock, something in-between 90-120LBs. This gives them some heft, so the cards don't sag in the middle.
I did up two versions. A light pink and a hot pink to match whatever version of PF you have installed. My personal favourite is the hot pink. There is a PayPal donation link at the bottom of the page, but please don't feel obligated.
Please enjoy.
Light pink
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U_xH9_vuPTo2ZlQIFKXn5Ff9boDnUt_7/view?usp=sharing
[quoted image]
Hot pink
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qUB5BHmqUKcEMXton63COISJta6Y5lEE/view?usp=sharing
[quoted image]

awesome work mate

#3218 3 years ago

Just picked up used hologram and mirror assemblies. I listed it in my ebay store. Here is the link if you have any interest.

ebay.com link: itm

1 week later
#3219 3 years ago

Picked this up today. It needs a complete tear down and rebuild, but is in decent shape. Lady had owned it for 12 years, I bet the batteries were never changed. Amazingly they didn’t leak. Anyhow, consider this my application to be in the club!

AA4F34BD-6B83-4480-A171-91C9B0C92600 (resized).jpegAA4F34BD-6B83-4480-A171-91C9B0C92600 (resized).jpeg
#3220 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Picked this up today. It needs a complete tear down and rebuild, but is in decent shape. Lady had owned it for 12 years, I bet the batteries were never changed. Amazingly they didn’t leak. Anyhow, consider this my application to be in the club! [quoted image]

Thank you, enjoy the show!

#3221 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Picked this up today. It needs a complete tear down and rebuild, but is in decent shape. Lady had owned it for 12 years, I bet the batteries were never changed. Amazingly they didn’t leak. Anyhow, consider this my application to be in the club! [quoted image]

very nice. please submit your completed application form with the obligatory $13.17 processing fee to...

#3223 3 years ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

Those are great! Nice job!

Thank you. You are very welcome. Enjoy.

#3224 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I made up some Creech apron cards that I wanted to share with you all.

These look great!

#3225 3 years ago

Does anyone here that has the Mike D video mod installed have a way to get me the program and video files? I've been having an issue with my Raspberry Pi board so I had to get a new one but now the SD card and USB files are corrupted.

So I bought a new micro SD card and a new USB but I can't copy anything from the old stick or my computer because my backups on my PC are saying they are "write protected".

I'm at a loss here I emailed Mike and he said he would get me a new set but that was a long time ago and haven't heard anything since. I don't want to bug him and I figured it would be easier to just get it through drop box or something.

#3226 3 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

Does anyone here that has the Mike D video mod installed have a way to get me the program and video files? I've been having an issue with my Raspberry Pi board so I had to get a new one but now the SD card and USB files are corrupted.
So I bought a new micro SD card and a new USB but I can't copy anything from the old stick or my computer because my backups on my PC are saying they are "write protected".
I'm at a loss here I emailed Mike and he said he would get me a new set but that was a long time ago and haven't heard anything since. I don't want to bug him and I figured it would be easier to just get it through drop box or something.

PM sent.

#3228 3 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

Thanks! Got it

I’m a new owner of creech. It looks like the Mike D hologram mod is NLA?

#3229 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Correct, they are hard to come by nowadays.

#3230 3 years ago

I fitted Leds to my pop bumpers this morning, big job but very happy with the results. I changed the pop bumper bodies to translucent green and translucent teal bumper caps. Huge improvement.

8ACFFE95-299D-4FDB-A605-6188576B0276 (resized).jpeg8ACFFE95-299D-4FDB-A605-6188576B0276 (resized).jpegB91A5071-5C08-4EB5-B956-6EE817E53C01 (resized).jpegB91A5071-5C08-4EB5-B956-6EE817E53C01 (resized).jpegFE4C299C-A46D-4E09-A5A7-0C815B09B713 (resized).jpegFE4C299C-A46D-4E09-A5A7-0C815B09B713 (resized).jpeg
#3231 3 years ago

Just curious, but are the stand-up targets on Creech suppose to have foam on them? Mine does not, and I see v8racefan does not. Is this typical? If so, why not?

#3232 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Just curious, but are the stand-up targets on Creech suppose to have foam on them? Mine does not, and I see v8racefan does not. Is this typical? If so, why not?

Both mine that i have owned did not have foam either

#3233 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

If you find one grab it. Changes the whole game.

20201004_171522 (resized).jpg20201004_171522 (resized).jpg
#3234 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

[quoted image]

Looks cool - are you able to post a video of it in action, I've never played a Creech with one but heard it mentioned for years

#3235 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

[quoted image]

Jake - you should think about upgrading your v1 snackbar with some new signage

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinkssnackbarv1.5

#3236 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I just noticed the same. I added foam behind my targets. They still work as they should with the foam.

#3237 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I just noticed the same. I added foam behind my targets. They still work as they should with the foam.

Quoted from stumblor:

Jake - you should think about upgrading your v1 snackbar with some new signage
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinkssnackbarv1.5

Is this the only way to get a swinks mod nowadays?

#3238 3 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

I'll sell you mine for...

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg

#3239 3 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

no, what stumblor was suggesting is those people with a snackbar v1 or v2 can add a sign to their mod as a reverse engineered a sign for those mods.

If you are after a v5 Snackbar - the list is closed but sure there will be a few left over so will probably release a few finished ones for a first in first served opportunity - probably on Saturday morning Aus time and Friday night US time.

If you are after any version there are a few v5 guys that are upgrading - so post up on the v5 thread of interest and you may score one.

After these v5's I am not doing any more Snackbar mods but I am working on a sign only for people to add that feature to the game which can uterlise stumblor 's mod or comet lighting and just a buy direct from Shapeways and assembly and enjoy.

#3240 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

no, what stumblor was suggesting is those people with a snackbar v1 or v2 can add a sign to their mod as a reverse engineered a sign for those mods.
If you are after a v5 Snackbar - the list is closed but sure there will be a few left over so will probably release a few finished ones for a first in first served opportunity - probably on Saturday morning Aus time and Friday night US time.
If you are after any version there are a few v5 guys that are upgrading - so post up on the v5 thread of interest and you may score one.
After these v5's I am not doing any more Snackbar mods but I am working on a sign only for people to add that feature to the game which can uterlise stumblor 's mod or comet lighting and just a buy direct from Shapeways and assembly and enjoy.

Thank you for the info! I actually inquired on your site aswell. I'll be watching for any extras you may have.

#3241 3 years ago

swinks where will you be announcing that there are some extra v5 snack bar mods?

#3242 3 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

swinks where will you be announcing that there are some extra v5 snack bar mods?

on this thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swinks-cftbl-snackbar-mod-v5-last-ever-run

did I reply to your contact us via my site?

#3243 3 years ago

Yes, sorry just saw it. Thank you

#3244 3 years ago

Yes, sorry just saw it. Thank you

#3245 3 years ago

Hi.
I'm restoring my CFTBL.
Now I'm rebuilding all the parts and I noticed something on the lift ramp assembly is not right.
Hopw you can see in the picture attached there is a SM 29-1000 coil, while the manual speaks about a SM1-28-900.
Is it the same ?

Second question. This coil has a diode. Is it right ?

Because in another CFTBL (second picture), even if with the right coil due to the manual, there isn't a diode.

The third picture shows my wife mounting some parts in our game room (that's not a joke she is really a pinball mechanic ) !

Thanks for the help.

IMG_20201006_183059 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_183059 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_183711 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_183711 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_184110 (resized).jpgIMG_20201006_184110 (resized).jpg
#3246 3 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

I bought a new v5 on this last run, when that comes in, I'll have a v2 (I think) edition for sale... it might be a v3. Really not sure.

#3247 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I bought a new v5 on this last run, when that comes in, I'll have a v2 (I think) edition for sale... it might be a v3. Really not sure.

If it has the Snackbar sign as an actual sign, it'll be a v3 or above.

Quoted from Marco1973:

Hi.

The original doesn't have a diode, but the replacements quite often come with one for some reason (the orange wrapper one you have is a replacement).

#3248 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

easiest way to tell what version of Snackbar you have is the number of screw heads on the top and lighting and decals changed a little with each version:

v1 - (105 units) - el wire, 5 screw heads on top and dome

v2 - (111 units) - acrylic light blades 9 (more square edges), 2 screw heads on top and dome

v3 - (51 units with 5 being "custom" mods with + 1 never circulated is a failed concept + 7 DIY "kustom" kits sent out named) - resin light blades (more curved edges), 1 screw on front face, 1st edition with sign

v4 - (16 units + 1 DIY embossed "SnackBar v4" kit sent out) - resin light blades (more curved edges), no screws on top or front, 2nd edition with same sign - magnet hold down, will have "SnackBar v4" engraved in the underside

v5 - (50ish units to be finalised) - resin light blades (more curved edges), no screws on top or front, 3rd edition with same sign - magnet hold down, SS plate is dedicated to the magnets with M3 holes not M4 holes - will have v5 engraved in the under side of the top

Note: also I did a retro fit kit so the sign can be used on the v1 and v2 - this replaces the dome in the top.

In my v5 manual I detail the differences so people can identify what version they locate in the future. Here is an extract explaining the base plate differences.

hope it helps

Jady

screen-capture-6.pngscreen-capture-6.png
#3249 3 years ago
Quoted from Marco1973:

Hi.
I'm restoring my CFTBL.
Now I'm rebuilding all the parts and I noticed something on the lift ramp assembly is not right.
Hopw you can see in the picture attached there is a SM 29-1000 coil, while the manual speaks about a SM1-28-900.
Is it the same ?
Because in another CFTBL (second picture), even if with the right coil due to the manual, there isn't a diode.
The third picture shows my wife mounting some parts in our game room (that's not a joke she is really a pinball mechanic ) !
Thanks for the help.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The manual lists the correct coil. Mine does not have a diode.

#3250 3 years ago

mavantix Thank you so much for the help. My MikeD mod is back up and running thanks to you! Now just need to get all back in place and mounted.

20201009_122403 (resized).jpg20201009_122403 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
€ 24.00
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 115.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.