IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 115.
#3051 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Lol. Yes... just funding other mod purchases to fill the closet back up!

I know how you feel. While the wife sat by the pool I ordered $300 worth of pinball crap.

#3052 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I know how you feel. While the wife sat by the pool I ordered $300 worth of pinball crap.

That’s the time to order it... when she’s outside or sleeping.

#3053 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

So I have already got 8 people on the list in less than 2 days. Seems like there is definitely interest. Again, no promises.
I only advertised in this thread. Maybe a separate thread is needed?

I'm interested.

#3054 3 years ago

Move your car! or in this case Move your Couch!

Creature finally made it back into the line-up. Now that couch is gone I have room for one more.....FT? BSD?

IMG_0767 (resized).JPGIMG_0767 (resized).JPG
#3055 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Creature finally made it back into the line-up. Now that couch is gone I have room for one more.....FT? BSD?
[quoted image]

Great lineup!

#3056 3 years ago

But does that Creech have an MRS?

#3057 3 years ago

Added.

FYI to everyone, I have been in contact with Jeff and we are in discussions about doing a re-run. No promises but things seem positive. If you are interested please DM with your real name and I'll add you to the list. I will need to know how many you want to purchase too (if more than 1).

Thx!

#3058 3 years ago

And thats just one side of my office

Quoted from Sonic:

But does that Creech have an MRS?

Hmmm......I dont know what that is?

#3059 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

And thats just one side of my office

Hmmm......I dont know what that is?

Well then...let me tell you! Take a gander back (or do a search for MRS in this forum) and you'll see testimonials and pics and such.... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/56#post-5364241

It's a contactless switch replacement for the whirlpool - in effect, it allows the ball to spin around more in the bowl without getting slowed down by smacking that cherry switch lever...most folks go from 3-4 revolutions, to 7-9 (mine gets 12 or so - I also leveled the bowl).....

#3060 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

BSD. Totally.

#3061 3 years ago

What he said. No doubt.

#3062 3 years ago

I cant seem to find the thread for the new LCD lagood mod being developed. Can someone please share the link?

#3063 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I cant seem to find the thread for the new LCD lagood mod being developed. Can someone please share the link?

here you go, but it has been a long development mod

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development

#3064 3 years ago

I hope it happens for the designer, he has put a lot of time into it. After 3 plus years I have lost interest and will probably not purchase one.

#3065 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I hope it happens for the designer, he has put a lot of time into it. After 3 plus years I have lost interest and will probably not purchase one.

Sadly feel the same. My concern is it seems to be headed To far from what it needed to be. It was originally conceived as a bonus attraction now it’s almost a continuous motion art show. The Mike D version seemed much more balanced and less distracting in my opinion.

#3066 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sadly feel the same. My concern is it seems to be headed To far from what it needed to be. It was originally conceived as a bonus attraction now it’s almost a continuous motion art show. The Mike D version seemed much more balanced and less distracting in my opinion.

Gentleman, glad I wasn’t the only one feeling that way. Just felt the need to comment. Perfection is the enemy of done. Get it out the door and make adjustments as you go. The fact that we still haven’t seen it working ... I jumped ship too. Spent my money elsewhere.

Speaking of that, back to the wonderful game Creature! Love my game, best two ball multiball in pinball!

#3067 3 years ago

Pinballsp seems to enjoy all the incessant tinkering he does more than actually trying to get this game tested and out to market.

#3068 3 years ago

Have to agree with @yelobird. This was the feedback I gave direct to the creator. What he is doing with that mod is no small feat. The motion work, illustrations, and sound design is really nice. But... I assume most would not appreciate the mod lighting up every time a target is hit on the playfield. But he is offering packages so maybe the least video packed version will actually be the most appealing.

#3069 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I agree. There is what too much being put into it. Every time you hit a switch the monitor will trigger a 2-3 second video. It will become over whelming. Even the basic package has videos that will overlap too often.

I Wish someone would just create a functional green hologram that is a drop in replacement. Maybe with a couple enhancements to really make it pop. That can't be as much work as the R&D that goes into video screens, PCB design and triggering everything.

#3070 3 years ago

Personally I love the hologram. It fits the era of drive in movies and new technology at that time. I do not like a video..but to be honest I never saw a MikeD version. If my hologram would black out, I would search a new one or would love to see a 3D scene created, painted and lighted. There are 3D printable models of creature. It should be more like a diorama down there, maybe even with a moving creature. Only triggered when you should see the creature.

#3071 3 years ago

This has been my holo replacement for the last 10 years - backlit transparent green creature figure suspended on fishing line which jiggles a little in play.

CFTBL - DIY Holomod.pngCFTBL - DIY Holomod.png
#3072 3 years ago

Now that is thinking outside the box

#3073 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

This has been my holo replacement for the last 10 years - backlit transparent green creature figure suspended on fishing line which jiggles a little in play.[quoted image]

Yes but you could add some seaweed or underwater scenery. I think 3D printed with a rotating creature would be great, some smaller led lights to light it out.

#3074 3 years ago

Ive been wanting to do this for ages but my holo is just too nice...

Think I will give it a go after my current projects.
I have the creech ready and some bracketing done.

Had both vid mods and not a fan tbh.

#3075 3 years ago

Hi All

I have 2 working Creech Motors that I bought Quite a few years ago.

What is the going rate for the motors and does anybody need one?

Thanks

#3076 3 years ago

Cleaned up one of my 2.

IMG_20200612_134112562 (resized).jpgIMG_20200612_134112562 (resized).jpgIMG_20200612_134127482 (resized).jpgIMG_20200612_134127482 (resized).jpg
#3077 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Ive been wanting to do this for ages but my holo is just too nice...
Think I will give it a go after my current projects.
I have the creech ready and some bracketing done.
Had both vid mods and not a fan tbh.

I would love to see someone try this.

#3078 3 years ago

Does anyone know if the quantities and descriptions are accurate for rubbers in the CFTBL manual? I want to place an order with Titan but don't want to stare at the PF for a couple hours to figure out what is needed. Is there anything missing from the "Rubber Parts Location" page? Anything I should add to my Titan order? Thank you!
rubber (resized).JPGrubber (resized).JPG

#3079 3 years ago

that looks correct (although, I can't see where the 4th C or E rings are located). there are many pre-built kits on titan's website (depending on what color rings that you want)

#3081 3 years ago

Thanks guys. I'll cross reference with both sites to make sure the numbers are correct. I'm not much of a kit fan, so I'll be putting together my out colours.

#3082 3 years ago

Titan has some proposals in their database:
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/1247

I found out that pinballcenter is not always correct with their listings...

#3083 3 years ago

Got my taillight mod assembled and installed

7885A481-F374-4AE8-804F-3A8118BBCFBE (resized).jpeg7885A481-F374-4AE8-804F-3A8118BBCFBE (resized).jpegFD4C33EC-34BE-4235-8536-3DF86BB16AFB (resized).jpegFD4C33EC-34BE-4235-8536-3DF86BB16AFB (resized).jpeg
#3084 3 years ago

Hi guys,

I'm in conversations with Jeff T. about a re-run of the LED Speaker Panel mods.

While that is happening in the background, I was wondering if anyone wanted to start up a brainstorming thread/session on how to get a replacement hologram created. I know there are options out there like the MikeD mod, and options that are in development like the pinballsp mod, but I'm not talking about any of those.

When I say replacement, I mean either a direct replacement or an alternative replacement that is plug n' play swappable. No fancy video screen with video clips, no circuit boards, just a simple replacement.

I know that a direct hologram replacement has been tried before, so maybe this isn't the best option. I was thinking along the lines of a 3D print. Instead of a hologram image on the oscillating motor, why not a 3D printed creature with a regular mirror? I found this 3D print on Thingaverse that shows what can be accomplished;

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:728553

Anyway, I just wanted to get the discussion going. I know there are Creech owners out there that have made simple mods to their holograms. swinks comes to mind, but there have to be others. It's time to think of a simple solution.

#3085 3 years ago

a replacement hologram *was* designed, produced and offered about 4 years ago by pinball dreams

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-A-15953HOL

threads on it can be found here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-holo-reproduction
and here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-holo-repro-infos-pics-video-and-preorderlist#post-900934

and while not exactly the same as the original, pinball dreams did a fantastic job reproducing it

#3086 3 years ago

there was also the laser etched acrylic panel that is edge lit, I have of these and will be testing soon - was via guy hear via a etsy 1-2 years ago

#3088 3 years ago

found the etsy alternative which is a good valued alternative

https://www.etsy.com/shop/OttoAutomation?ref=custom_order_convo

#3089 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

a replacement hologram *was* designed, produced and offered about 4 years ago by pinball dreams
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-A-15953HOL
threads on it can be found here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-holo-reproduction
and here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-holo-repro-infos-pics-video-and-preorderlist#post-900934
and while not exactly the same as the original, pinball dreams did a fantastic job reproducing it

I have this in my machine and love it.
Highly recommend.

Have had both video mods and pulled them to stick with this. Didnt like them personally.

I do have plans to make a custom mod for myself for it as well down the track and will post it up when done.

#3090 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

found the etsy alternative which is a good valued alternative
https://www.etsy.com/shop/OttoAutomation?ref=custom_order_convo

The edge lit is an inexpensive and easy solution to a missing hologram.
My latest CftBL machine was totally missing the holo and its brackets. It is perfectly green in person, but my phones camera made it quite blue. I'm satisfied with its value.
~Steveo

creech1 (resized).jpgcreech1 (resized).jpg
#3091 3 years ago

Looking for a CFTBL to restore, if you have a lead on one please PM me. Thanks

#3092 3 years ago

Wow! Thanks for all the responses guys. I didn't think there were still this many options out there. My hologram is actually green, but I don't find it has the 'punch' that I remember from back in the 90's playing it an arcade. I remember it being more bright and eye catching.

That edge-lit engraving looks incredible. I'll have to look into that more. Does anyone have a review or YouTube video that they did up for it?

#3094 3 years ago

I recently redesigned the acrylic edge lit solution I put in my machine around a year ago. This new kit we are selling is a big improvement over my original design and is very easy to install. I keep selling out of them because it's tough to source acrylic right now. I did have some come in yesterday and have a couple of kits available for sale now.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1256-upkick-pinball/03836-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-hologram-replacement-kit

0D336B18-B715-4373-A414-1CF7A7C51536 (resized).jpeg0D336B18-B715-4373-A414-1CF7A7C51536 (resized).jpeg
#3095 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Wow! Thanks for all the responses guys. I didn't think there were still this many options out there. My hologram is actually green, but I don't find it has the 'punch' that I remember from back in the 90's playing it an arcade. I remember it being more bright and eye catching.
That edge-lit engraving looks incredible. I'll have to look into that more. Does anyone have a review or YouTube video that they did up for it?

I added a quick video of mine. I'll do a longer one during multi-ball later since the K-I-S-S one is brief.

#3096 3 years ago

It looks extremely green which is great. Do you have a longer video? Maybe one in test mode? Does it oscillate or is it stationary?

#3097 3 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

I added a quick video of mine. I'll do a longer one during multi-ball later since the K-I-S-S one is brief.

Here's a longer video capture during multi-ball. The acrylic is stationary in the custom bracket.

#3098 3 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

Here's a longer video capture during multi-ball. The acrylic is stationary in the custom bracket.

Such a great, cost effective solution to a difficult issue. Motors and holos are so hard to find and expensive when you do and this looks awesome. Great job dude!

#3099 3 years ago

Hey guys, I went to install my MRS (magnetic reed switch) and noticed this. Without digging through the manual can someone tell me if I'm missing a post here? If so, does any one know the length or part number? Thanks.

cftbl1 (resized).jpgcftbl1 (resized).jpg

Oh, and does anyone have any info on this insert under the apron? It's not wired for a bulb. Does anyone have any info on why it is there?

insert (resized).jpginsert (resized).jpg

#3100 3 years ago

I believe that insert under the apron is a test for the clear coat adhesion from the factory..I could be wrong but that’s what I always thought

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 115.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/62?hl=only68s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.