Pinside_forum_7997581_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9310 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4652 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1306 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,672 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 114.
#3002 3 years ago

Just looked up the MRS switches and I like

Love innovation and good engineering, already have Swinks poster and tail light mods ready to go on and a Snack Bar in order for next batch.

Currently finishing off underside of playfield and starting on topside. Rebuilt
MPU and added an NVRA. Just built, by taking two different LED lamps, breaking them down and rebuilding into one lamp that fits the reflector (I still need to polish it up), the brightest green led lamp. Tested on a bench power supply so far. Not sure how well it work in situ but will let you know.

It’s one way to keep sane during the lockdown

F7E9ECEF-BE04-4956-B641-555579747872 (resized).jpegF7E9ECEF-BE04-4956-B641-555579747872 (resized).jpegEDABCEE7-9E01-450A-A5A4-4B67A18F2D2E (resized).jpegEDABCEE7-9E01-450A-A5A4-4B67A18F2D2E (resized).jpegBDF48162-D608-417E-B198-8ADD56D347F8 (resized).jpegBDF48162-D608-417E-B198-8ADD56D347F8 (resized).jpeg9E5F3ABC-0B0A-4A24-8A0E-72224F3ECBAF (resized).jpeg9E5F3ABC-0B0A-4A24-8A0E-72224F3ECBAF (resized).jpeg
#3003 3 years ago
Quoted from BigMo:

Just built, by taking two different LED lamps, breaking them down and rebuilding into one lamp that fits the reflector (I still need to polish it up), the brightest green led lamp. Tested on a bench power supply so far. Not sure how well it work in situ but will let you know.
It’s one way to keep sane during the lockdown
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow Mo!! That's a lot of green. Can't wait to hear how it works in the machine.

#3004 3 years ago

what is the going price on the CPR speaker panels enhanced and delux if they pop up?

also what is the going price on a Thompson speaker mod v1 and v2 if they came up?

#3005 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

what is the going price on the CPR speaker panels enhanced and delux if they pop up?
also what is the going price on a Thompson speaker mod v1 and v2 if they came up?

That is going to be tough to get any kind of a market price on, as these don't come to the resale market often. Pretty much comes down to if you can even find one and how fair the seller is.

#3006 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

If you see it, buy it.

Don't haggle, wonder if you're getting ripped off or something else.

If this community can pay $500 for a Fisher Price level GB Topper or a KISS topper that twinkles or a GoT topper where the dragon's wings flap.....THIS is better than any of those.

#3007 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

If this community can pay $500 for a Fisher Price level GB Topper or a KISS topper that twinkles or a GoT topper where the dragon's wings flap.....THIS is better than any of those.

Well i will tell you I would let mine go for $500.00. I had an extra one at one time and I sold it for $200.00 but you cant find them anymore.

#3008 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

If you see it, buy it.
Don't haggle, wonder if you're getting ripped off or something else.

A few months ago I sold a never installed one of the last versions Jeff did for something like $280. Guess I should have waited to sell it until now

#3009 3 years ago

@thompso9's tail light mod smokes ANYTHING...any...thing that Stern has created in terms of a topper or additional mod.

The quality, level of effort and craftmanship is amazing.

Easy for me to say and tout owning it - but I'd pay $500 for it before ANY topper from any existing manufacturer. What they charge for what they offer is an embarrassment.

#3010 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

thompso9's tail light mod smokes ANYTHING...any...thing that Stern has created in terms of a topper or additional mod.
Easy for me to say and tout owning it - but I'd pay $500 for it before ANY topper from any existing manufacturer. What they charge for what they offer is an embarrassment.

To be honest when I got mine from Jeff and opened it my first thought was he is not charging enough.

#3011 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

thompso9's tail light mod smokes ANYTHING...any...thing that Stern has created in terms of a topper or additional mod.

I'm trying to get a list together to hopefully persuade thompso9 to do another run. I have 8 people on the list. If anyone wants on the list please PM me. When I say persuade I mean beg.

[EDIT] Emailed.

#3012 3 years ago

My MikeD mod only boots about 10% of the time lately, anyone have a copy of the SD card boot image I could lay down on a new SD card and see if that resolves? I'm thinking the card may be going bad again...

Added over 4 years ago:

Got it reimaged/fixed. Thanks all for the pointers/instructions!

#3013 3 years ago

What's one of these worth now? MikeD TV mod under the playfield, ColorDMD, LED lit speaker panel mod(flashing car taillights,moon,Diner sign), Swinks Snack bar mod, CT premium LEDs in all inserts/GI/Flashers, leds in some star posts, NVRAM, Cliffy's colored posts, Cliffy's snack bar and kiss hole protectors, lit pop bumper mod, MRS whirlpool magnetic switch mod, target decals, Pinbits plastic protector kit.

327907fba4036f0873d7d1f733318e0a593eb54e (1) (resized).jpg327907fba4036f0873d7d1f733318e0a593eb54e (1) (resized).jpg
#3014 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

What's one of these worth now? MikeD TV mod under the playfield, ColorDMD, LED lit speaker panel mod(flashing car taillights,moon,Diner sign), Swinks Snack bar mod, CT premium LEDs in all inserts/GI/Flashers, leds in some star posts, NVRAM, Cliffy's colored posts, Cliffy's snack bar and kiss hole protectors, lit pop bumper mod, MRS whirlpool magnetic switch mod, target decals, Pinbits plastic protector kit.[quoted image]

The MRS alone is a $500 value : )

#3015 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

The MRS alone is a $500 value : )

Your a funny guy.

#3016 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

What's one of these worth now? MikeD TV mod under the playfield, ColorDMD, LED lit speaker panel mod(flashing car taillights,moon,Diner sign), Swinks Snack bar mod, CT premium LEDs in all inserts/GI/Flashers, leds in some star posts, NVRAM, Cliffy's colored posts, Cliffy's snack bar and kiss hole protectors, lit pop bumper mod, MRS whirlpool magnetic switch mod, target decals, Pinbits plastic protector kit.[quoted image]

very nice game

#3017 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Depends. if you are a seller, those mods add a lot of value--especially the 2 unobtainium ones. If you are a buyer, they don't bump the price up enough to cover what you originally paid for them.

#3018 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

My MikeD mod only boots about 10% of the time lately, anyone have a copy of the SD card boot image I could lay down on a new SD card and see if that resolves? I'm thinking the card may be going bad again...

There is a copy of the SD card image on the USB stick that is in the Pi. Remove the stick and put it in your computer and look in the extras folder.

#3019 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Depends. if you are a seller, those mods add a lot of value--especially the 2 unobtainium ones. If you are a buyer, they don't bump the price up enough to cover what you originally paid for them.

I was fortunate when I bought it all the mods already installed

#3020 3 years ago

Almost my game...only do not have the lit pop bumpers and the Mike D but I have a perfect hologram which I just thinks is awesome. Only things I added more is pinsound including headphone, upgraded speaker, chrome trim and legs. I did not do the GI to led since there is to much dimming going on. Could not find the correct leds yet to do that.

#3021 3 years ago

Has anyone installed an LED OCD board for the GI? Says on the site it’ll make the ramp lights stay constantly lit. Didn’t l know if someone had tried it

#3022 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Has anyone installed an LED OCD board for the GI? Says on the site it’ll make the ramp lights stay constantly lit. Didn’t l know if someone had tried it

I would be interested to know this as well. Also, has anyone installed the aftermarket chase board and tried the GI OCD on a Creech?

#3023 3 years ago

Perhaps someone can help with this. Whenever I get a high score it automatically puts the first letter in as if I pushed the button and then goes to the second letter and waits for my input. Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks in advance.

#3024 3 years ago

Hello fellow Creech enthusiasts! I wanted to share with you all our latest design of snack food for CFTBL.
Items are available for individual purchase or as a kit. On with the show!

Snack Attack Kit

Creature snack attack kit pic.jpgCreature snack attack kit pic.jpg
#3025 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I would be interested to know this as well. Also, has anyone installed the aftermarket chase board and tried the GI OCD on a Creech?

I have the Chase board you mentioned. Filter the responses to just mine to see my thoughts on it.

Spoiler: get one

1 week later
#3026 3 years ago

Hi all. Wondering if someone can help me here.
Lent myu creech to a friend a while back. SInce Ive had it back i noticed some weired GI pulsing ( leds) on occasion while playing.
CHeacked all connections etc.

In GI brightness test it is all good but on level 6 it blinks like crazy...5 and 7 ok!!

I don't think this happened before any ideas ou there to look at?

#3027 3 years ago

Do you have the fading set for the gi? That will cause flickering in almost alL leds, anti ghost or otherwise. Try turning of gi fade and power saving in the settings and see if it still occurs.

#3028 3 years ago

Put a resistor in each GI string (some 100 ohms parallel to a LED) or leave one incandescent per string as a minimum load for the triacs

#3029 3 years ago

Moving here from the Hologram Thread. I found a few things for Creature lovers.
...and for you Creature and Monster fans...I found these. 11x14 lobby cards signed by a group of people. Some signed by both Julie Adams and Ben Chapman.
1) Card signed by Ben and Julie.
2) Card signed by Julie Adams & Ben Chapman (Creature), Basil Gogos (FM artist), Kevin McCarthy (Invasion of the Body Snatchers), Sara Karloff, Tom Savini...and more!
3) Card signed by Ben Chapman, Beverly Garland, Dolores Fuller, Ron Chaney and more!
The first card Ben signed to me, Julie autograph is plain. All the rest are just signed.

IMG-0998 (resized).jpgIMG-0998 (resized).jpgIMG-0999 (resized).jpgIMG-0999 (resized).jpgIMG-1001 (resized).jpgIMG-1001 (resized).jpgted ricou browning (resized).jpgted ricou browning (resized).jpg
#3030 3 years ago

Everything gone except first card... Thanks!

#3031 3 years ago

Just found this one oversize card 11x17 signed by both Ben and Julie....

IMG-1030 (resized).jpgIMG-1030 (resized).jpgIMG-1031 (resized).jpgIMG-1031 (resized).jpgcreech 17x11 (resized).jpgcreech 17x11 (resized).jpg
#3032 3 years ago

I have had this thread in my favourites for over 6 years.
I have bought the Swinks v1.0 Snackbar mod.
I have bought the v2.0 LED Speaker Mod by Thompson.
I didn't own a Creech. I only had a dream.

This week, that dream became a reality.

I am proud to say that I am now the owner of my grail pin! I can officially join this club!
pin1 (resized).jpgpin1 (resized).jpg

pin2 (resized).jpgpin2 (resized).jpg

#3033 3 years ago

My first..... And after all these years... Still my favorite..... It'll never leave.....

#3034 3 years ago

Definitely a game I regret selling... sold to another great Pinsider, maybe one day I can buy it back!

#3035 3 years ago

congrats mate...

if you need the art for the front of the surfer I have the stencil design in illustrator created from a tracing I did years ago

screen-capture-9 (resized).pngscreen-capture-9 (resized).png
#3036 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

congrats mate...
if you need the art for the front of the surfer I have the stencil design in illustrator created from a tracing I did years ago
[quoted image]

Very nice! I plan on redoing the cabinet, but I think I'm going to move that project to next summer. Too many things going on right now in the world and my world. I will take you up on the offer when the time comes. Thank you!

#3037 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

My first..... And after all these years... Still my favorite..... It'll never leave.....

The drive-in movie theme is absolutely timeless and the artwork for this game is the best. The long curly ramp that is available only during multi-ball is one of the best ramps in pinball.

Years ago when I saw that the multi-ball is only 2 balls I was initially a little disappointed, but now after owning a Creech for 9 years I can honestly say that the 2 ball multi-ball is amazing as it allows you to trap one ball on the left flipper and then shoot the big curly ramp to maximize the playfield multiplier thanks to the MRS on the Creech bowl provided by Pinsider @sonic.

Gord

#3038 3 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

The drive-in movie theme is absolutely timeless and the artwork for this game is the best. The long curly ramp that is available only during multi-ball is one of the best ramps in pinball.
Years ago when I saw that the multi-ball is only 2 balls I was initially a little disappointed, but now after owning a Creech for 9 years I can honestly say that the 2 ball multi-ball is amazing as it allows you to trap one ball on the left flipper and then shoot the big curly ramp to maximize the playfield multiplier thanks to the MRS on the whirlpool bowl provided by sonic.

Thanks Gord! In fact, I just shipped Fifty his MRS a few hours ago!

#3039 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Very nice! I plan on redoing the cabinet, but I think I'm going to move that project to next summer. Too many things going on right now in the world and my world. I will take you up on the offer when the time comes. Thank you!

no worries, I have it on file when you need it

#3040 3 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Years ago when I saw that the multi-ball is only 2 balls I was initially a little disappointed, but now after owning a Creech for 9 years I can honestly say that the 2 ball multi-ball is amazing as it allows you to trap one ball on the left flipper and then shoot the big curly ramp to maximize the playfield multiplier thanks to the MRS on the Creech bowl provided by Pinsider sonic.
Gord

Holy shit. Did you get one for free or something? That was one of the best product-placement sponsor moments I have ever read on here.

All in good fun ; ). It genuinely did make me LOL.

#3041 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Holy shit. Did you get one for free or something? That was one of the best product-placement sponsor moments I have ever read on here.
All in good fun ; ). It genuinely did make me LOL.

Hey - speaking of MRS' - how has yours been working Jeremiah?

#3042 3 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Years ago when I saw that the multi-ball is only 2 balls I was initially a little disappointed, but now after owning a Creech for 9 years I can honestly say that the 2 ball multi-ball is amazing as it allows you to trap one ball on the left flipper and then shoot the big curly ramp to maximize the playfield multiplier thanks to the MRS on the Creech bowl provided by Pinsider sonic.
Gord

I know what you mean, really only 2 ball multiball ... but once you start playing you soon realise that even with 2 balls it's not that easy. On Creech I tend not to trap up but rather try to have one ball always up in the bowl (so it's safe and out of the way), then I continue to play through rescue, jackpot & super with the other ball

#3043 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Hey - speaking of MRS' - how has yours been working Jeremiah?

Beautifully! I can actually spell Creature now in like 2-3 shots instead of what was 4 or 5.

All because of this amazing MRS that Sonic here sent me and my world has never been the same. I would highly recommend to anyone looking to up their game to purchase now!

; ).

In all seriousness though, very glad I bought one and well worth the price of entry!

#3044 3 years ago

Collecting the super jackpot is still one of the best shots in pinball--always a big accomplishment.

#3045 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Collecting the super jackpot is still one of the best shots in pinball--always a big accomplishment.

Agreed. And the perfect mix of attainable/challenging.

#3046 3 years ago

Selling a set of side blades made by Tilt Graphics for a Creature. The backing was never removed from the decals. They were pinned to the cabinet sides by the person I got them from so there are a couple tiny pinholes in the white backing. They are in very nice shape. I just decided to go with a different art package. $50 including shipping to the lower 48.

3C7E9AE8-B5FB-45F1-9964-E41D96C1C59F (resized).jpeg3C7E9AE8-B5FB-45F1-9964-E41D96C1C59F (resized).jpeg

Added over 4 years ago:

Blades are sold

#3047 3 years ago

Cleaning out the closet? I need to do the same one of these days.

#3048 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Cleaning out the closet? I need to do the same one of these days.

Lol. Yes... just funding other mod purchases to fill the closet back up!

#3049 3 years ago

How much for the slippers?

#3050 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

How much for the slippers?

$10 for the left and $8 for the right.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 5,672 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/61?hl=jodannar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.