51231431265_70e66fbb70_o (resized).jpg
51231129844_8c802be4c1_o (resized).jpg
51231129744_23f7ec088f_o (resized).jpg
51230585418_8fbf55329a_o (resized).jpg
51230373551_2c7774fc5d_o (resized).jpg
51230572768_9acc00fa14_o (resized).jpg
51229655942_4dbaf87686_o (resized).jpg
Screenshot (95) (resized).png

There are 3938 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 79.
#2951 1 year ago

If anybody needs some side blades I will let these go for $25.00 includes shipping to the lower 48 just send PM.

getPart (resized).jpg
#2952 1 year ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

If anybody needs some side blades I will let these go for $25.00 includes shipping to the lower 48 just send PM.[quoted image]

PM sent

#2953 1 year ago

If anybody needs some side blades I will let these go for $25.00 includes shipping to the lower 48 just send PM.[quoted image]

Sold and shipped.

#2954 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

Can the power cord that attaches to the power transformer be detached? In other words, can the power cord provided (with the loose wires) be unplugged from the transformer? If so, couldn't a regular cord with a normal three prong plug (like a computer power cord) be inserted into the tranformer and the three pronged plug be plugged into the service outlet?

Can anyone confirm? Thanks all

#2955 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

Can anyone confirm? Thanks all

You will have to do a little rewiring but I dont see why not. you will not want to go right to the transformer but rewire inside the box where the power cord goes into.

#2956 1 year ago

You will have to do a little rewiring but I dont see why not. you will not want to go right to the transformer but rewire inside the box where the power cord goes into.

Hi Terry - I'm not following you about "rewiring inside the box." I'm suggesting just changing the expander power cord from the one provided with the loose wires on the end to one that has a regular plug (that I can plug into the service outlet in the machine rather than to a molex connector.) Sorry if I'm not understanding or stating my question clearly.

#2957 1 year ago

Hi everyone, after many years of trying, I may be finally getting a Creech.

I would like to get one of Thompson's LED Speaker Panel mods for this. I was wondering if anyone else was interested? I am going to start putting a list of people together to hopefully get one last run of these done. I don't even know if this is possible. I just want to see the numbers before I pursue this.

LED Speaker Panel mod;
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-run-of-cftbl-led-speaker-panels#post-3954346

If interested, PM me your first, last name, and qty.

Thank you!

#2958 1 year ago

Was just talking to a friend of mine who I ordered it for with mine... about 6yrs ago... never installed it.

And he has the CPR Mirrored panel as well..

Could ask him

#2959 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

Can the power cord that attaches to the power transformer be detached? In other words, can the power cord provided (with the loose wires) be unplugged from the transformer? If so, couldn't a regular cord with a normal three prong plug (like a computer power cord) be inserted into the tranformer and the three pronged plug be plugged into the service outlet?

Yes, I believe so that would work. The only difference is the one you get with the expansion board has just the wires loose at the plug-in connection for powering plug of your choice.

#2960 1 year ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I would like to get one of Thompson's LED Speaker Panel mods for this. I was wondering if anyone else was interested? I am going to start putting a list of people together to hopefully get one last run of these done. I don't even know if this is possible. I just want to see the numbers before I pursue this.
LED Speaker Panel mod;
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-run-of-cftbl-led-speaker-panels#post-3954346
Thank you!

I would be interested in adding my name to the list.

#2961 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Was just talking to a friend of mine who I ordered it for with mine... about 6yrs ago... never installed it.
And he has the CPR Mirrored panel as well..
Could ask him

I wouldn't be interested in the mirrored bit. Please ask him about the LED Speaker Panel.

Quoted from Mikespinball:

I would be interested in adding my name to the list.

Cool. PM me your first and last name and I'll start up a list.

#2962 1 year ago

Hello all
Anybody have a solution for a new hologram for Creature? Refurbing one right now and the hologram has faded to black.
Been looking everywhere.

#2963 1 year ago
Quoted from Fifty:

LED Speaker Panel mod;
Thank you!

So I have already got 8 people on the list in less than 2 days. Seems like there is definitely interest. Again, no promises.

I only advertised in this thread. Maybe a separate thread is needed?

#2964 1 year ago

Nothing like a swinks snackbar mod to top off your restoration

7AA85BB1-E14B-4C7C-9784-ED41C0ABD878 (resized).jpeg
#2965 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Nothing like a swinks snackbar mod to top off your restoration[quoted image]

lookin good, really liking the colour of the post rubbers

#2966 1 year ago

Is that a micro playfield? My buddy did a fun house lately and star posts bubbles tightening them to the playfield. Didn’t know if those playfields came out before bubble gate

#2967 1 year ago

That looks like crap. I will do you a favour. Sell it to me. So unsightly. Checking my PMs now...

In all seriousness, very cool. Are those Titan rubbers? I am liking the colour. Where did you get the anodized screws?

#2968 1 year ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Is that a micro playfield? My buddy did a fun house lately and star posts bubbles tightening them to the playfield. Didn’t know if those playfields came out before bubble gate

No this is not a Mirco... I dot trust those playfields at all, their process is flawed, the older playfields where great and they changed something and they self destruct, special feature. This is a new old stock playfield that was cleared by Ron Kruzman.

The nots are from chromapinball

Thank you for the comments getting closer every day. Be well.

#2969 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi Terry - I'm not following you about "rewiring inside the box." I'm suggesting just changing the expander power cord from the one provided with the loose wires on the end to one that has a regular plug (that I can plug into the service outlet in the machine rather than to a molex connector.) Sorry if I'm not understanding or stating my question clearly.

A few things to note:
- double check the expander board takes 120V input power (which is what I'm guessing you'll be using). The expander is from the UK where they run 230V, but most likely it'll have a power supply that can handle both input voltage
- Yes power cords can be interchanged as long as you've confirmed the above point
- The difference between connecting the expander to the molex connector compared to the service outlet, is that the service outlet is always powered regardless of whether the game is turned on or off. That said, you can change the wiring in the power box to have the service outlet only powered when the game is turned on but it will require some desoldering and soldering of wires.

Edit:

Just read back through the last page of posts
- looks like other people in the US are using this, so sounds like the 12v power supply handles the different input voltages (also since the manufacturer ships worldwide this would indicate that it's good for both)
- the last image in post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/59#post-5608713 shows the black 12v power supply so power cords are definitely interchangeable
- looks like your service outlet has already been changed to only power on with the game (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/59#post-5611537)

So grab the expander board and a power cord and you're good to go

#2970 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

A few things to note:
- double check the expander board takes 120V input power (which is what I'm guessing you'll be using). The expander is from the UK where they run 230V, but most likely it'll have a power supply that can handle both input voltage
- Yes power cords can be interchanged as long as you've confirmed the above point
- The difference between connecting the expander to the molex connector compared to the service outlet, is that the service outlet is always powered regardless of whether the game is turned on or off. That said, you can change the wiring in the power box to have the service outlet only powered when the game is turned on but it will require some desoldering and soldering of wires.
Edit:
Just read back through the last page of posts
- looks like other people in the US are using this, so sounds like the 12v power supply handles the different input voltages (also since the manufacturer ships worldwide this would indicate that it's good for both)
- the last image in post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/59#post-5608713 shows the black 12v power supply so power cords are definitely interchangeable
- looks like your service outlet has already been changed to only power on with the game (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/59#post-5611537)
So grab the expander board and a power cord and you're good to go

Thanks Manny for the info. I actually placed the order last night! And yes, my service outlet was rewired to only power on with the game. A bunch of mods will be coming off of the driver board, including colordmd.

#2971 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

You asked if the exbander board's power cord could be unplugged from the transformer and swapped with three prong plug (like a computer power cord). I think all of the answers given said yes, but said the the cord would need to be rewired in the transformer. Is the pic below what you meant? You wanted just an easy swap of cords? I'm not sure that's how it will come. As others have mentioned, you may need to take apart the transformer to add a 3-prong plug.

20200427_074550 (resized).jpg
#2972 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

You asked if the exbander board's power cord could be unplugged from the transformer and swapped with three prong plug (like a computer power cord). I think all of the answers given said yes, but said the the cord would need to be rewired in the transformer. Is the pic below what you meant? You wanted just an easy swap of cords? I'm not sure that's how it will come. As others have mentioned, you may need to take apart the transformer to add a 3-prong plug.[quoted image]

Yes, a cord like this one is what I'm thinking. Wouldn't the "female" end plug into the board's transformer and the "male" end would be plugged into the service outlet in my machine? Unless the "female" end of the cord that comes with the transformer has some unusual plug, I don't see why a typical computer power cord like the one you pictured wouldn't work. No? Not sure where any rewiring would be necessary.

#2973 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

Yes, a cord like this one is what I'm thinking. Wouldn't the "female" end plug into the board's transformer and the "male" end would be plugged into the service outlet in my machine? Unless the "female" end of the cord that comes with the transformer has some unusual plug, I don't see why a typical computer power cord like the one you pictured wouldn't work. No? Not sure where any rewiring would be necessary.

I haven't seen the product, so I could be wrong, but based on the description of rewiring to a standard US cord, I doubt the expander board's power cable can be removed by unplugging it. It's more than likely hardwired inside the transformer. You can swap it by taking the transformer apart to remove the existing cord and wiring in your new one.

#2974 1 year ago

This is the only pic I could find that included the power supply's transformer, and it's difficult to tell if the cord is plugged into the transformer or hardwired (red arrow)

20200427_132306 (resized).jpg
#2975 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

This is the only pic I could find that included the power supply's transformer, and it's difficult to tell if the cord is plugged into the transformer or hardwired (red arrow)[quoted image]

Transformers like this are never hardwired. The cord can be unplugged so that the transformer can be used worldwide with other outlet standards.

#2976 1 year ago

I’d love this board for all my mods

When you guys talk about the service outlet, where is it mine has nothing near the on/off switch. I’m in Australia so maybe our games don’t have it?
055D972E-9B3C-45B9-A776-53CE39C4CA5D (resized).jpeg

#2977 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I’d love this board for all my mods
When you guys talk about the service outlet, where is it mine has nothing near the on/off switch. I’m in Australia so maybe our games don’t have it?
[quoted image]

I think it is in the spot of the square plug as mine has an empty square hole there

#2978 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

I think it is in the spot of the square plug as mine has an empty square hole there

Your right Jady nothing behind there

58448837-A2B3-4167-9397-4262AF330FDC (resized).jpeg
#2979 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

That is correct. My machine is a reimport and had the same square plug with nothing behind it. I purchased a service outlet, snapped it into the square, and wired it so that it only had power when the machine was turned on.

#2980 1 year ago
Quoted from Sparky:

This is the only pic I could find that included the power supply's transformer, and it's difficult to tell if the cord is plugged into the transformer or hardwired (red arrow)[quoted image]

I was able to find a picture of one that someone was selling on a different site. It looks like the cord is removable.

IMG_2519 (resized).jpg
#2981 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

I was able to find a picture of one that someone was selling on a different site. It looks like the cord is removable.[quoted image]

Good to know! Easy Peasy!

#2982 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Your right Jady nothing behind there [quoted image]

Hey Pete

With the early WPC machines, the US domestic machines (and potentially those countries with 120V power) had service outlets wired into them, but foreign machines weren't (just had a filler grommet in the hole) because of the various power plugs used around the world and that the socket wasn't rated for 220-240V. Later on in the 90's B/W did put computer industry standard C14 power sockets (pictured below) into the service outlets - not sure if the domestic machines got these or their standard 120V socket.

C14 (resized).JPG
#2983 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hey Pete
With the early WPC machines, the US domestic machines (and potentially those countries with 120V power) had service outlets wired into them, but foreign machines weren't (just had a filler grommet in the hole) because of the various power plugs used around the world and that the socket wasn't rated for 220-240V. Later on in the 90's B/W did put computer industry standard C14 power sockets (pictured below) into the service outlets - not sure if the domestic machines got these or their standard 120V socket.[quoted image]

Yep, domestic got them too.

#2984 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Struggling to choose side art options..
Do I go with: Lagoon, Cars with lagoon behind, Cars with night sky, or just mirror blades..[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Or you can do my way....which is completely different

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-side-rail-mod#post-2885261

#2985 1 year ago

This is my personal favourite. I wish one of the side art companies would replicate this.

#2986 1 year ago
Quoted from Fifty:

This is my personal favourite. I wish one of the side art companies would replicate this.

for fun I might create that one and make it available, already have so many of the poster files setup...

#2987 1 year ago

I myself have the one with the cars from the drive in and think that it would be great if they would make a power blade out of it so the lights from the cars would flash. They could even have the movie screen and sky glow somewhat.

1 week later
#2988 1 year ago

Hey Creech folks! Need some help here. So I am in the process of putting the bowl back together in my restore and something ain’t right. See my photos below,.. it would appear one of the posts is supposed to be longer than the other, but I know these are the right posts?
Cheers

A073EBBA-EF0E-497A-BB39-1B088DEEC11F (resized).jpegD8CA81AB-1FBE-48AD-8C5F-947C57AD32E9 (resized).jpeg
#2989 1 year ago

Hey Creech folks! Need some help here. So I am in the process of putting the bowl back together in my restore and something ain’t right. See my photos below,.. it would appear one of the posts is supposed to be longer than the other, but I know these are the right posts?
Cheers
[quoted image][quoted image]

They indeed are different lengths Brady.

#2990 1 year ago

Well shoot now I have no idea which posts I swapped

#2991 1 year ago

Well shoot now I have no idea which posts I swapped

Update: Brady and I found out they are indeed 1-3/16" in length on my original - thus the same - so either his bowl is 'off' or his posts - we will await his findings!

#2992 1 year ago

So I measured my posts and I have a feeling one or both where replaced at some point as mine are 1 1/8”.

Also I noticed my was intact cockeyed on the old bowl, and it’s clear because one of the mounting tabs on the bowl is bent down and the bottom of the bowl has indentions on that same side from the bulb sockets.

So I ordered some various sized hex spacers to do a test

ECABAEDF-6218-452A-AD4F-158F463948A7 (resized).jpeg
#2993 1 year ago

Well I just measured mine and they appear to be 1 1/8 inch posts at both locations. I could be of a 16th but I would have to take it apart to measure exact. There is one a tad shorter holding the bowl assembly to the wood side rail.

#2994 1 year ago

So I measured my posts and I have a feeling one or both where replaced at some point as mine are 1 1/8”.
Also I noticed my was intact cockeyed on the old bowl, and it’s clear because one of the mounting tabs on the bowl is bent down and the bottom of the bowl has indentions on that same side from the bulb sockets.
So I ordered some various sized hex spacers to do a test [quoted image]

If it’s a 1/16” short why not just add a single 1/16” washer?

#2995 1 year ago

I am gonna go out on a limb and say he has the shorter one that goes down to the side rail mixed up with one of the longer ones.

#2996 1 year ago

I am gonna go out on a limb and say he has the shorter one that goes down to the side rail mixed up with one of the longer ones.

Ya I checked that too. Most of the side rail posts are 6/32, 8/32 the ones for this location are 6/32 on both ends.

I believe these posts I have are correct after all. I did some more digging and I think this by design. If you where to take your bowl off and look at it level With your eye you would
Notice the light ring actually attaches at an angle. This is most likely to help ball clearance under it. That’s my 2 cents. Thanks for all the input

#2997 1 year ago

Ya I checked that too. Most of the side rail posts are 6/32, 8/32 the ones for this location are 6/32 on both ends.
I believe these posts I have are correct after all. I did some more digging and I think this by design. If you where to take your bowl off and look at it level With your eye you would
Notice the light ring actually attaches at an angle. This is most likely to help ball clearance under it. That’s my 2 cents. Thanks for all the input

I am going to check that out. I got my CFTBL brand new and I am the only one that has ever done anything to it. We do know that the factory used whatever they had so there could be a diff from game to game. I will let you know what I find.

#2998 1 year ago

Hi all

New to this group and want to say thanks to all as all these posts are awesome help to me.

Like many, with the lockdown approaching I bought a Cftbl pin to occupy my time. Got it fairly cheap as it needed help and planned to do some minor restoration.

When I got it I found it in a very sad and unloved state so started a full tear down and complete rebuild. I decided to go with as much new parts (playfield, ramps, plastics, boards, colorDMD, Speaker panel, targets, all switches, screws, nuts, posts, etc) as possible to give it another 27years+.

So far I am in at just over £3.5k not including the actual machine and about 120+ hours including rebuilding the bottom of the cabinet which had water damage.

Lots and lots of photos and learnings to share and lots more to learn but also so much more fun to be had in rebuilding this great game

A few before and after photos attached but will do a full write up soon as my eagerness means I may well finish sooner than planned

Cheers
Mo

AC646CC7-17FF-4B67-9921-0C38677306E5 (resized).png2AC1EA07-BED0-4BC7-817A-253CE9D51139 (resized).jpeg23E121CF-C7AB-4241-AA9E-1A50F17DEC56 (resized).jpeg7F69E10F-D4A2-4482-8234-C89321199189 (resized).jpegF8EED6F5-CF9E-407D-9B2A-9374FC64DE32 (resized).jpeg9B25DA3B-3CC5-4C81-953A-73A07B56B1E7 (resized).png45756615-ABB3-4EAE-A229-E9877BD32A33 (resized).jpegECD9AA63-7A63-437E-93B6-92B21A22F9E5 (resized).jpeg87EC53AA-F74A-4355-87B4-2C7DA07827CA (resized).jpeg293A8DAC-695F-440B-9C1B-855743EC8AE7 (resized).png
#2999 1 year ago
Quoted from BigMo:

Hi all
New to this group and want to say thanks to all as all these posts are awesome help to me.
Like many, with the lockdown approaching I bought a Cftbl pin to occupy my time. Got it fairly cheap as it needed help and planned to do some minor restoration.
When I got it I found it in a very sad and unloved state so started a full tear down and complete rebuild. I decided to go with as much new parts (playfield, ramps, plastics, boards, colorDMD, Speaker panel, targets, all switches, screws, nuts, posts, etc) as possible to give it another 27years+.
So far I am in at just over £3.5k not including the actual machine and about 120+ hours including rebuilding the bottom of the cabinet which had water damage.
Lots and lots of photos and learnings to share and lots more to learn but also so much more fun to be had in rebuilding this great game
A few before and after photos attached but will do a full write up soon as my eagerness means I may well finish sooner than planned
Cheers
Mo
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice lockdown project! Came out very nice!

#3000 1 year ago
Quoted from BigMo:

Hi all
Cheers
Mo
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Don't forget the MRS for the whirlpool! : )

There are 3938 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 79.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside