51231431265_70e66fbb70_o (resized).jpg
51231129844_8c802be4c1_o (resized).jpg
51231129744_23f7ec088f_o (resized).jpg
51230585418_8fbf55329a_o (resized).jpg
51230373551_2c7774fc5d_o (resized).jpg
51230572768_9acc00fa14_o (resized).jpg
51229655942_4dbaf87686_o (resized).jpg
Screenshot (95) (resized).png

There are 3934 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 79.
#251 6 years ago

The best looking overall pinball package ever made, I think. Really looks good with the black legs!

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Oh cool, new club for my new game. Love Creech picked up a nice but very dirty one. Shopping out a buddies first and then I will do mine. Probably going to make a deluxe interactive undercab kit as well as a few other things. I'll post some pics later.

Well here are a few pics better late than never. Also was having reset issues after I added all my mods color dmd ect. So I built a new bulb to fix my reset issues, worked like a charm and greens up a blue creech.

20140630_214056.jpg IMG_23456749079754.jpeg DSCN2245.JPG DSCN2244.JPG
#253 6 years ago

I like your purple shooter lane, I did something similar with white led strip lighting (the kind that comes on a roll) and put it up further and it really lights up the starlight lane area.

#254 6 years ago

Congrats skypilot. Looks very nice condition. ENJOY THE SHOW

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from creaturemonster:

Congrats skypilot. Looks very nice condition. ENJOY THE SHOW

It actually was in a friends personal collection for 22 years.Im so pumped about this. Cant wait to give it a good shop and a few mods. Its a keeper

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

It actually was in a friends personal collection for 22 years.Im so pumped about this. Cant wait to give it a good shop and a few mods. Its a keeper

Did he buy it NIB?

#257 6 years ago

my cftbl holo is faded out, what do you guys think, is it money better spent buying the lcd mod or color dmd? thanks

#258 6 years ago

Well the LED mod can do both. Original look or the video mode by moving a pin. However, why would you. the Mod is bad to the bone.

#259 6 years ago

Worked on finishing up wiring for CFTBL today! Exciting...

CFTBL1.jpg CFTBL2.jpg
#260 6 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

my cftbl holo is faded out, what do you guys think, is it money better spent buying the lcd mod or color dmd? thanks

MikeD's video mod is just killer--I highly recommend it. Aloha, love Kapaa!

#261 6 years ago

No, it was routed for a short time I believe.

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

No, it was routed for a short time I believe.

I would imagine its still in super condition.

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

I have a color dmd and it looks great.get-attachment-1.aspx.jpeg

#264 6 years ago

Mine will get a shop. Then FT comes out of the line up and its color DMD gets reprogramed to CFTBL.

Quoted from fiberdude120:

I would imagine its still in super condition.

Thanks, it is in beautiful shape!

#265 6 years ago

You gents have one of the best games ever. Will be here someday showing off my Creech.

#266 6 years ago

Aw, yeah - add me to the Creature love fest going on around here lately. This pin has been a grail of mine since I started collecting, and I was finally able to bring her home last week. It's super nice with a bright green hologram, and very little snack bar wear. First thing I did was add Sparky's micro mod and the Move Your Car mod. I have all my parts to fully shop it out (Cliffys, posts. rubber, etc..), but I can't stop playing it!

Even my wife who happily tolerates (and sometimes enjoys) my addiction played a few games, and was like, "OK, pinball is fun and all, but this game - this game is just f---ing cool. You don't get to trade this one." Ha. Done.

IMG_0041.JPG
IMG_0036.JPG
IMG_0044.JPG
IMG_0042.JPG
IMG_0043.JPG

#267 6 years ago

Congrats TheShamegovernor another very nice creature out there. I also bought Sparky's mod which is a cool mod to have on this pin. I am glad to see so many grails for the creature.

#268 6 years ago

little help here? recently when I put shot into "kiss hole" it bounces back out more often than not from the wire gate. I'm thinking to adjust the gate lower on the siderail (left side from player perspective.). Other thoughts? Putting the ball up by hand seems to work, but of the right flipper I'm having this issue.

#269 6 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

little help here? recently when I put shot into "kiss hole" it bounces back out more often than not from the wire gate. I'm thinking to adjust the gate lower on the siderail (left side from player perspective.). Other thoughts? Putting the ball up by hand seems to work, but of the right flipper I'm having this issue.

I had a similar deal as it had a home made gate in mine but generally worked 8 out of 10 shots. I found a post here linked below. Bought the wire gate from Marco and it's been working 100%.

Gate:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7045

Thread mentioning it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-gate-assembly#post-1654591

#270 6 years ago

start there, I'm doing Marco anyway shortly and for $3.50 it could be easy fix. Mine is factory part, but it does take a lot of pounding there. Thx.

#271 6 years ago

No problem. It really wasn't too bad, but now any shot there goes right in <that's what she said> without a bounce out.

#272 6 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I had that problem right after shopping out my Creature. Turned out I had put the wrong size gate there. Swapping them out fixed the problem right up.

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

No problem. It really wasn't too bad, but now any shot there goes right in <that's what she said> without a bounce out.

Mine was ok when I got it, this just cropped up lately but its a cheap enough part, and probably prone to wear. When its in will post an update. Thx, guys.

#274 6 years ago

do you guys know where i can get a flipper opto board for my cftbl. I tried all the usual parts places with no luck. i think its part a-15894 or a-15878, thanks

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

do you guys know where i can get a flipper opto board for my cftbl. I tried all the usual parts places with no luck. i think its part a-15894 or a-15878, thanks

https://ksarcade.net/new-replacement-fliptronics2-flp892.html

#276 6 years ago

I just finished lighting my pop bumpers. After reading several ways to do it (in this thread, I think) I collected what parts I needed--then procrastinated--as I was worried about hassling with the ramps. Finally got off my butt today and did it--I found that it really wasn't all that difficult if you took your time and paid attention. After a lot of looking around under the play field I decided the easiest way to hook these up was via the rollover lights--I didn't really care if they flashed or not. I did like the idea of hooking them up to the lightning bolts, but that was more complicated than using the rollovers. Looks nice with the pops lit up (and brings some light to a dark area of the game). I can certainly understand why these were never lit in the first place--operators would have complained (rightly so) about the difficulty of changing the bulbs when they burned out. I used flat top Cointakers to clear the caps with ease, it didn't seem that dome tops would fit as well (since I used the stranded wire sockets to make things easier--but they sit up higher than solid wire sockets). Hope they last awhile!
IMG_0523.JPG

#277 6 years ago

Retro Snackbar Mod is now complete with production under way in batches of 25. Head here for a look
Page 5, post 225 for details

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-cftbl-retro-building-neon-mod/page/5
P1070564 - Version 2.jpg
P1070558 - Version 2.jpg
P1070556 - Version 2.jpg

#278 6 years ago

I have a color dmd and it looks great.

get-attachment-1.aspx.jpeg 171 KB

I've got to get another Creech. It's the only game I ever regret selling.

#279 6 years ago

I just happened to notice this today and wondered if anyone has ever gotten this Snack Bar reward: "A new car". It doesn't seem to pop up often and I was lucky to catch it (but I think I got a hot dog instead...). Anyone notice any other unusual random rewards?

#280 6 years ago

Looking for an NOS PF for Creech, either WMS or IPB, preferably non-nude from someone in the U.S. Willing to pay a premium based on condition and happy to figure out some sort of finders fee for anyone that can help me out.

PPS seems like a dead end, as multiple emails have gone unreturned.

#281 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I just happened to notice this today and wondered if anyone has ever gotten this Snack Bar reward: "A new car". It doesn't seem to pop up often and I was lucky to catch it (but I think I got a hot dog instead...). Anyone notice any other unusual random rewards?

I had that same question a long time ago and the only answer I got was no the new car never wins. I have seen it a couple hundred times and it never stops on it.

#282 6 years ago

I had that same question a long time ago and the only answer I got was no the new car never wins. I have seen it a couple hundred times and it never stops on it.

Bummer--I'd love to see the amount of points and animation sequence from winning a new car! ChadH, if you happen to see this and CFTBL ever pops up on your radar...

#283 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Bummer--I'd love to see the amount of points and animation sequence from winning a new car! ChadH, if you happen to see this and CFTBL ever pops up on your radar...

It's quite possible this is just a tease and there is no animation sequence or award.

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It's quite possible this is just a tease and there is no animation sequence or award.

I am sure you are correct. I have owned my creech for 20 years and it never comes up.

#285 6 years ago

Same here, never seen it

#286 6 years ago

Remeber, if "a new car" ever does get selected from the snack bar menu, you'll be getting a 1993 Dodge Neon (back from when the game came out).

#287 6 years ago

I was hoping for a '55 Bel Air Hardtop Coupe!

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

start there, I'm doing Marco anyway shortly and for $3.50 it could be easy fix. Mine is factory part, but it does take a lot of pounding there. Thx.

Correction, assumed it was factory, until I received the new one from Marco...someone did a pretty good job of wire bending to make it look right....anyway new one in place and now every shot hits the kiss hole....cheapest fix yet!

#289 6 years ago

Finally got the "Super Jackpot" tonite--usually can't keep both balls on the playfield long enough to shoot for it... Since I'd never done that before, I wasn't sure what to do. What do you do next (in case I ever get there again)?

#290 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Finally got the "Super Jackpot" tonite--usually can't keep both balls on the playfield long enough to shoot for it... Since I'd never done that before, I wasn't sure what to do. What do you do next (in case I ever get there again)?

Once you get the SJP, multiball mode continues per usual, but the JP and SJP values increase significantly. So after hitting SJP, go try to find the girl again in one of the 3 tunnels, rescue her, hit JP, and then SJP again. If you can get two SJPs during the same multiball, you're looking at a score of close to a billion, depending how much you've advanced your multiplier in the whirlpool. I think I have doubled up the SJP in the same multiball maybe once or twice in 13 years of owning this pin.

#291 6 years ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

Once you get the SJP, multiball mode continues per usual, but the JP and SJP values increase significantly. So after hitting SJP, go try to find the girl again in one of the 3 tunnels, rescue her, hit JP, and then SJP again. If you can get two SJPs during the same multiball, you're looking at a score of close to a billion, depending how much you've advanced your multiplier in the whirlpool. I think I have doubled up the SJP in the same multiball maybe once or twice in 13 years of owning this pin.

Cool, I doubt I'll ever be able to get that far (but one can always hope), thanks for the info!

1 week later
#292 6 years ago

Sooooo...I asked my wife if she was dressing up for Halloween this year. I got "the look"!

harriethalloween2014.jpg
#293 6 years ago

Woah....I ha e never seen creech in that "light"

#295 6 years ago

For you guys that got the speaker panel mod from Pinball decals - can you adjust the strobing effect? The video on the website just shows it scrolling thru the lettering. In other videos I'm seeing that each letter in starlight lights up one at a time and previous letters stay lit until the sequence completes.

For guys that adjusted the lighting on the ramp - where did you find the colored LED lights?

2 weeks later
#296 6 years ago

So I am in the club now. I have one coming from the other side of the country next Friday. New decals and playfield with some extra clear on it. Lots of new parts also. LED's, black powder coated trim and mirror blades also.

securedownload-1.jpeg
securedownload-2.jpeg
securedownload-3.jpeg
securedownload-4.jpeg
securedownload-5.jpeg
securedownload-7.jpeg
securedownload-8.jpeg
securedownload-9.jpeg
securedownload-18.jpeg
securedownload-16.jpeg
securedownload-11.jpeg
securedownload-13.jpeg
securedownload-12.jpeg
securedownload.jpeg
securedownload-15.jpeg
securedownload-14.jpeg
securedownload-17.jpeg
securedownload-21.jpeg
securedownload-22.jpeg
securedownload-23.jpeg

#297 6 years ago

Welcome to the club! This was my first pin, and I absolutely love it!

#298 6 years ago

Congrats man, great looking example !!

you are going to love it

#299 6 years ago
Quoted from Rustyck:

For you guys that got the speaker panel mod from Pinball decals - can you adjust the strobing effect? The video on the website just shows it scrolling thru the lettering. In other videos I'm seeing that each letter in starlight lights up one at a time and previous letters stay lit until the sequence completes.
For guys that adjusted the lighting on the ramp - where did you find the colored LED lights?

I don't believe the one from pinball decals is adjustable. You are seeing videos from two different panels. For the ramp lights I dipped mine in green translucent model paint and I think it looks better than the ones you can buy and its cheaper about $2.50.

1 week later
#300 6 years ago

Picked up my CFTBL this weekend... Been cleaning it... It has always been a fav of my.

There are 3934 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 79.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside