IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6280 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 114.
#2801 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

The potting material is irrelevant to the sensitivity - its' simply there to hold everything in, insulate and protect.....it doesn't have to be completely filled....sensitivity is a little more tricky to adjust for the end user (you have to have the parts...)....
Dave, what pics are you referring to? Is it below where the original Cherry was...over by the whirlpool wire ramp or by the wire ramp that dumps the ball to the right inlane?

I'll just PM you. Really not a huge deal still Love it!

#2802 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

New personal best. Will never stop loving this game.[quoted image]

My initials..but not score sadly! Nice one!

#2804 4 years ago
Quoted from blaise08:

Hi all!
First time pinball owner here.
My boyfriend @rmerlo88 has always been interested in pinball machines, buying and selling them as a side project.
He came across a Creech about two months back and snapped it up as a forever game, in great condition and with very few faults.
We live in Perth, Western Australia, to put things into perspective the most isolated capital city in the world, so I'm always surprised how he can find pinballs in people's shed's untouched for 10+ years.
He's moved in to my apartment this month and Creech has moved out of the workshop and into my life and I'm in love! I'm a scuba diver and have always been into fashion from the 40s-50s so this machine resonates.
We've installed the LED hologram and last night went crazy buying a bunch of upgrades - led kit, tv mod, car mod, shooter lane led kit, cliffy protectors, a few replacement plastics, some pink rubber posts, and a replacement car playfield decal as our car has faded to blue.
Next on the wish list is Swinks' snack bar mod and the speaker light upgrade.. anyone willing to part with theirs?
The colour dmd looks amazing but will probably remain forever on the wishlist.
PS. Pics for attention.. here's me sneaking in a game before nightshift[quoted image][quoted image]

Color DMD is a must on this pin. Really nice animations and colours used. Pinsound mix really enhances this pin too. Classic theme. Top pin and a game once you have it you won’t sell!

#2805 4 years ago

ok, haven't a problem for a long while, mind you haven't had a game for a while as well

I played today and noticed a weird line mid way through and at the bottom flashing on random scenes.

I checked all the plugs and all seem snug and engaged - any tips ?

DSCF0286 (resized).JPGDSCF0286 (resized).JPG
#2806 4 years ago

I ran the dmd screen diagnostic and it stated I had a Ram Address Error - what is involved in fixing?

#2807 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I ran the dmd screen diagnostic and it stated I had a Ram Address Error - what is involved in fixing?

Typically - and you can research this further....U24 on the controller board needs to be replaced....it's a couple dollars in parts - but it is a multi-pin chip - and you want to socket it......you may get lucky by reseating the ribbon cables at the DMD, DMD Controller and MPU....but that 6264 could be bad...

#2808 4 years ago

On the hunt for the Creature again... let me if know if anyone’s looking to exit the club..

#2809 4 years ago

I noticed on CPR's page that the backglass is no longer available FS....

#2810 4 years ago

I've got an unused LED tail light speaker panel mod (by Jeff Thompson) for sale in the marketplace for anyone interested.

#2811 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

That’s a shame. I always want to get them but the cost always makes me wait too long and then regret missing out, lol.

#2812 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Typically - and you can research this further....U24 on the controller board needs to be replaced....it's a couple dollars in parts - but it is a multi-pin chip - and you want to socket it......you may get lucky by reseating the ribbon cables at the DMD, DMD Controller and MPU....but that 6264 could be bad...

reseating the ribbon cables at the board and dmd did not change anything, nor the MPU

I checked out the U24 chip and it appears to have a socket there already and a different chip compared to the rest of the board's chips.

Any ideas what I have?

Do I just hunt down a 6264 Ram Chip?

Does the Chip need any programming or is it a simply remove this chip / board and insert the new chip?

ps - ignore the led night blur
DSCF0287 (resized).JPGDSCF0287 (resized).JPG

#2813 4 years ago

I think that red spark is your issue!

#2814 4 years ago

Hi.
I and my wife (yes, she do it really with me) are restoring our creature; it's our first time, but Vid, Bryan Kelly and Matt Merfeld are really good teachers.
To do that I bougt a second creature (I know, I'm crazy) to help us because this one was really patched.

In this pin there are two "u form" round steel pieces between two holes (rounded in red) that are not present in the other pin; exactly under the flipper.
Could someone explain us why and for what are they used ?

What are the rounded steel pieces you can see over and under the playfield (rounded in green) ?
In the second pin they are not present.

foto-sopra (resized).jpgfoto-sopra (resized).jpgfoto-sotto (resized).jpgfoto-sotto (resized).jpg
#2816 4 years ago
Quoted from Marco1973:

Hi.
I and my wife (yes, she do it really with me) are restoring our creature; it's our first time, but Vid, Bryan Kelly and Matt Merfeld are really good teachers.
To do that I bougt a second creature (I know, I'm crazy) to help us because this one was really patched.
In this pin there are two "u form" round steel pieces between two holes (rounded in red) that are not present in the other pin; exactly under the flipper.
What are the rounded steel pieces you can see over and under the playfield (rounded in green) ?
In the second pin they are not present.[quoted image][quoted image]

The 2 pins (highlighted in green) are for aligning the flippers. You can put something like a toothpick in the hole and set the flipper to rest its bottom edge on the toothpick.

I've not seen the holes highlighted in red previously on a CFTBL but suspect that they were used by wire ball guides to stop players from doing deathsaves on the machine. This was typically seen on earlier machines - the image below is an example of what it'd look like

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2817 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

reseating the ribbon cables at the board and dmd did not change anything, nor the MPU
I checked out the U24 chip and it appears to have a socket there already and a different chip compared to the rest of the board's chips.
Any ideas what I have?
Does the Chip need any programming or is it a simply remove this chip / board and insert the new chip?
[quoted image]

Fascinating - somebody used an NVRAM for it already....but it's not the usual suspects NVRAM product at first glance....part of me says the next step is to reseat the chip but do me a favor - reach out to @barakandl @borygard or @johnwartjr first - I think it simply may need to be replaced - but it's not a 'brand' if you will - that rings a bell for me....

#2818 4 years ago
Quoted from Marco1973:

Hi.
In the second pin they are not present.[quoted image][quoted image]

I no longer have a CFTBL, but if you look through the Topic gallery for this thread, there are other pics of that area without the flippers installed, and none of them have the alignment holes or death save ball guides. I'm wondering if someone drilled holes and added those to that playfield. Seems unlikely an operator would do that for alignment holes, but you never know.

#2819 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I no longer have a CFTBL, but if you look through the Topic gallery for this thread, there are other pics of that area without the flippers installed, and none of them have the alignment holes or death save ball guides. I'm wondering if someone drilled holes and added those to that playfield. Seems unlikely an operator would do that for alignment holes, but you never know.

Mine has the alignment holes, but not those monster holes he circled in red
0DCD5EA6-9DD0-4963-A60F-9D81C9BFA77A (resized).jpeg0DCD5EA6-9DD0-4963-A60F-9D81C9BFA77A (resized).jpeg41D2DE8E-845B-40E3-B312-7A9A84C4200C (resized).jpeg41D2DE8E-845B-40E3-B312-7A9A84C4200C (resized).jpeg

#2820 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Any ideas what I have?
[quoted image]

just because it is on the pin out adapter board does not make it a NVRAM device. whoever installed it may have only had surface mount 6264. i would try a new ribbon cable between mpu and display board before trying to replace the chip if you have another WPC game to borrow ribbon cable from. any 6264 chip will work here. it does not need programmed.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Alliance-Memory/AS6C6264-55PCN?qs=sGAEpiMZZMt9mBA6nIyysDfDw0vDQxSwL3Jgh6owPVw%3D

#2821 4 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

just because it is on the pin out adapter board does not make it a NVRAM device. whoever installed it may have only had surface mount 6264. i would try a new ribbon cable between mpu and display board before trying to replace the chip if you have another WPC game to borrow ribbon cable from. any 6264 chip will work here. it does not need programmed.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Alliance-Memory/AS6C6264-55PCN?qs=sGAEpiMZZMt9mBA6nIyysDfDw0vDQxSwL3Jgh6owPVw%3D

I'm not the OP, Andrew, but good to know information!! It threw me a sec....when I first saw it...

#2822 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Was finally going to order it tonight and noticed the same.....DRATS!!!!

#2823 4 years ago

Have a Cadillac topper in the marketplace for your Creech. - SOLD
IMG_0971 (2) (resized).jpgIMG_0971 (2) (resized).jpgIMG_1985 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_1985 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_1986 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_1986 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_1989 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_1989 (1) (resized).jpg

#2824 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Was finally going to order it tonight and noticed the same.....DRATS!!!!

Just got a response back from Classic playfields..."stopped making them due to licensing issues".

Add that to the list of unobtanium..

#2825 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just got a response back from Classic playfields..."stopped making them due to licensing issues".
Add that to the list of unobtanium..

That's so crazy. Obviously we dont know the details but why can Monster Bash....with the CFTBL right there on the art with the rest of the crew....be created but CFTBL on it's own cannot. Maybe the licensing issue is for CFTBL specifically......I dunno.

#2826 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

That's so crazy. Obviously we dont know the details but why can Monster Bash....with the CFTBL right there on the art with the rest of the crew....be created but CFTBL on it's own cannot. Maybe the licensing issue is for CFTBL specifically......I dunno.

May not be Universal that’s causing the problem.

On the other hand, they just scrapped their new Dark Universe plan (WHY they didn’t call me I have no idea) so they may want to be laying low for now.

#2827 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

ok, haven't a problem for a long while, mind you haven't had a game for a while as well
I played today and noticed a weird line mid way through and at the bottom flashing on random scenes.
I checked all the plugs and all seem snug and engaged - any tips ?[quoted image]

I had a similar fault with mine a while back that I tracked back to power issues (too many mods even with the Kahr daughterboard installed). Put in a separate stand-a-lone 12V/5V power supply and problem went away.

1 week later
#2828 4 years ago

I heard mention on a podcast that there were two different versions of CFTBL made, one a hot pink and one a pale pink. I've been trying to find information about the two versions or distinguish from pictures with no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

#2829 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I heard mention on a podcast that there were two different versions of CFTBL made, one a hot pink and one a pale pink. I've been trying to find information about the two versions or distinguish from pictures with no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have 2 identical plastics with 2 different tones and part #'s.

#2830 4 years ago

Effectively it was just "who printed the playfield".

Quoted from JustEverett:

#2831 4 years ago

yes 2 different manufacturers back when CFTBL was being produced (pale pink and hot pink) and then Illinois Pinball reproduced some in the early 2000's in which they reproduced the hot pink version and then 20 Nude hot pink versions and then a few proto's of the standard of the hot pink with the hair colour like the nude and also missing the same screen on the shading of the icecream and hotdog (I have one of these personally)

20140218_094159 (resized).jpg20140218_094159 (resized).jpgscreen-capture-2 (resized).pngscreen-capture-2 (resized).png
#2832 4 years ago

The hot pink is much better looking playfield. I think most would agree.

#2833 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

yes 2 different manufacturers back when CFTBL was being produced (pale pink and hot pink) and then Illinois Pinball reproduced some in the early 2000's in which they reproduced the hot pink version and then 20 Nude hot pink versions and then a few proto's of the standard of the hot pink with the hair colour like the nude and also missing the same screen on the shading of the icecream and hotdog (I have one of these personally)[quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting. I have seen the nude pfs, but I wasn't finding much on the two distinct playfield colors. Thanks for the info everyone.

#2834 4 years ago

Is there no luck with finding new hologram for cftbl owners?

#2835 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Interesting. I have seen the nude pfs, but I wasn't finding much on the two distinct playfield colors. Thanks for the info everyone.

Scroll about halfway down the page for a comparison of the hot pink vs. the pale pink CFTBL playfields.

http://www.lasvegasplayfields.com/?page_id=19

Gord

#2836 4 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Scroll about halfway down the page for a comparison of the hot pink vs. the pale pink CFTBL playfields.
Gord

Very interesting stuff. I've been restoring a Theatre of Magic, so it was interesting to see the two different versions of that as well.

#2837 4 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Gord

Nice link, thank you. I wish there were more types of these outlining the history of the manufacturers in detail, third party contributors, and behind the scenes stories of game design processes as well. Provides greater appreciation of the games and the work that went into them.

#2838 4 years ago

Is there a value difference between the 2 seeing hot pink seems more desirable?

#2839 4 years ago

Most likely not I would think, not significantly at least. Not unless someone was hell-bent on having that specific one. We got ours as it was available, rather than seeking out something specific. Might be something to mention as a selling point if offering one up though, juicing the deal if you will.

#2840 4 years ago

thanks for the link, interesting

I still have a pale pink in my game and definitely looks brighter than that one in the article and can confirm it does not have Diamond Plate on the pale pink version but it has worn well with minimal dimpling

#2841 4 years ago

Happy 66th Birthday today to the CFTBL Film. Released on this day.

#2842 4 years ago

I'm actively looking for a CFTBL. If anyone is selling or has an extra laying around please LMK!

#2843 4 years ago

Swapped over the gi from cool white to warm white tonight

3C01EC23-0F98-4C51-A2FA-6B10AD25B35D (resized).jpeg3C01EC23-0F98-4C51-A2FA-6B10AD25B35D (resized).jpeg8A03F35C-9290-4FC4-A133-393F5B26149B (resized).jpeg8A03F35C-9290-4FC4-A133-393F5B26149B (resized).jpeg
#2844 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Swapped over the gi from cool white to warm white tonight[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great - classic!!!

#2845 4 years ago

I like the cool white better but I understand those that like warm white, just no puke colored GI and you're a winner

#2846 4 years ago

Warm white looks so much better in my opinion. Especially on classic themed games like Creech or Indy.

#2847 4 years ago

I’ve done cool white and warm white. Then I realized nothing looks better than incandescent bulbs.

#2848 4 years ago

I still have incandescent as GI. Switched some playfield ones with leds. I wonder how the GI LED work with all the dimming going on.

#2849 4 years ago

I have a no dimming rom, also you can disable to go dimming in the adjustments menu. Leds will flicker during any dimming sequence as the dimming on these machines is handled by pulsing on/off

#2850 4 years ago

Okay, only my opinion, but I don't like warm white in the GI's, too old style. Cool white along with color matching in areas looks good (match colors that highlights the plastics that are above them). I agree too much color on only one color is too much, but a good mix I feel makes the machine pop and modernize the machine. That is what I have done with mine.

20190802_155446 (resized).jpg20190802_155446 (resized).jpg20190923_135919 (resized).jpg20190923_135919 (resized).jpg20190825_130702 (resized).jpg20190825_130702 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 9.95
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 24.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.