IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 115.
#2701 4 years ago

Mod looks great. I bought one of you 2 years back- V2 was about $270 from memory-going to your website gives me no idea how to add the sign upgrade just goes to shapeways with blanks.

#2702 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Mod looks great. I bought one of you 2 years back- V2 was about $270 from memory-going to your website gives me no idea how to add the sign upgrade just goes to shapeways with blanks.

head to the resource page and there is a manual for the signage upgrade
https://swinks.com.au/mod-manuals

#2703 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Here's a side by side comparison I did for a Pinside member: new Mirco playfield on the left, old playfield on the right. The new Mirco is beautiful...the colors are deeper, richer, and really pop, especially the hot pink and the teal around the bumpers.
However, the clear looks like it may not hold up. The post had been in for 2 weeks before I decided to change the post colors. The last photo shows how the star post has sunk down into the clear. This may explain how my playfield mysteriously "fixed itself" in my previous post...it looks like the clear may be soft. The old playfield with 84,000+ plays on it has cut into the clear and down to the wood on the side opposite of where the ball hits the post. That's to be expected on a game with that many plays, and the other side of the playfield under the post looks great. What I don't like is that the post has cut into the clear on a new playfield that hasn't even been played yet.
I've placed some nylon washers under a few posts but I'm nervous that this will just push damage to the clear farther out into the playfield. I'm going to watch this closely...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry to say this is what Mirco has apparently been producing lately, even for the big manufacturers. The clear (apparently) does not adhere properly to the ink on the wood, and it interferes with the curing process. It may be worth it to wait a month or two before doing anything further

#2704 4 years ago

Jackalwere Playfield looks nice. To be honest when I heard Mirco was making Creech playfields I was so stoked, as mine needs a PF. Then I bought a JJP Pirates, and the PF had major issues. I completely changed my mind about Mirco's quality.

Interestingly, I have an older Mirco White Water playfield and its fine... But it's over 2 years old and sat for a year before being installed. I have also been told that Mirco changed the clear process within the last 2 years, and added a clear accelerator to speed production... this causes massive hardening and adhesion issues...

#2705 4 years ago

I've custom designed, printed and hand painted hot dog switch covers.
They look and fit great on many games. I am selling sets(2) for $20.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87385<= More pics

CFTBL-Hotdog (resized).jpegCFTBL-Hotdog (resized).jpeg
#2707 4 years ago

My new BG arrived this week and I’m also having trouble getting the trim on and gotta say I’m abit worried about heating them up lol. Is there trim designed for BG apposed to the trim designed to hold the translite in place? Oh the glass looks incredible.

#2708 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

My new BG arrived this week and I’m also having trouble getting the trim on and gotta say I’m abit worried about heating them up lol. Is there trim designed for BG apposed to the trim designed to hold the translite in place? Oh the glass looks incredible.

Some useful posts in this thread to help you:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-backglasses-added-at-cpr

#2710 4 years ago

Ended up using the heat Gun on the trim and after some nervous moments pointing a heat gun at a $500 backglass it all work out great, glass is now on my Creature and looks fantastic.

#2711 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

$500 backglass

I think you mean $269 backglass....Shipping to Australia is not part of the retail price......

#2712 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

I think you mean $269 backglass....Shipping to Australia is not part of the retail price......

The price was in Australian dollars, not US.
It was purchased from a local pinball parts retailer, so the cost of shipping from the US by the retailer is embedded into the local price.
We also have an embedded sales tax included in the retail price.
The price was rounded given it wasn't the main point being made, the actual price of these backglasses for us is $470

So not the cheapest of hobbies for us over here but we love it just the same

#2713 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The price was in Australian dollars, not US.
It was purchased from a local pinball parts retailer, so the cost of shipping from the US by the retailer is embedded into the local price.
We also have an embedded sales tax included in the retail price.
The price was rounded given it wasn't the main point being made, the actual price of these backglasses for us is $470
So not the cheapest of hobbies for us over here but we love it just the same

Thanks Brett for clarifying but I choose to ignore his stupidity picky post. Wish I could get better photos as it really does look magic in person so glad I went ahead and spent the money.

#2714 4 years ago

Just instaleld my mirror backglass. Its amazing!! Anyone know where i can get this topper

topper-creature_2_mop (resized).pngtopper-creature_2_mop (resized).png
#2715 4 years ago

Anyone got a mirrored version speaker panel theyd part with? Willing to over spend lol

#2716 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Anyone got a mirrored version speaker panel theyd part with? Willing to over spend lol

Didn’t know these existed- who made them?

#2717 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Didn’t know these existed- who made them?

Cpr

#2718 4 years ago

The diff is not that much, is it really worth it?

#2719 4 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

The diff is not that much, is it really worth it?

I got the mirror backglass and tail light mod so why not

#2720 4 years ago

Just instaleld my mirror backglass. Its amazing!! Anyone know where i can get this topper[quoted image]

Check with Cointaker. Do you have MikeD's holo mod in your machine? If you do, you won't be able to to connect the topper as it utilizes the same connectors on the driver board that the holo mod does.

#2721 4 years ago

I got the mirror backglass and tail light mod so why not

Let me look thru my parts, I may have one.

#2722 4 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Let me look thru my parts, I may have one.

Let me know man, im all in

#2723 4 years ago

I'm back to making bowl MRS'.....took a 4 week hiatus through October......got 3 done....we're hoping to mass-produce them, but it takes time.....remember to send a PM to get on the list...

#2724 4 years ago

Just picked one up. Anyone know where to get a mirror motor. My lower isnt working. Tested the power coming out of the triac board and it’s getting 50v. Though motor maybe stuck but that wasn’t it either. Thanks!

#2725 4 years ago

Does anywhere have suggestions as to where to tap into 12v to run a led display? Creature is pretty full on power consumption. JI38-141 a logical spot?

#2726 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Just picked one up. Anyone know where to get a mirror motor. My lower isnt working. Tested the power coming out of the triac board and it’s getting 50v. Though motor maybe stuck but that wasn’t it either. Thanks!

Message me. I got a mirror motor for sale.

#2727 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

You can use the hologram motor for the mirror's replacement, and then you can cross reference a motor off of Hurricane as a perfect replacement. That's what I did, and it works 100%!

On the road right now, but I can dig the info when I get to mom's for Thanksgiving.

#2728 4 years ago

Rebuild is coming along slowly but surely. I just can't make enough time to progress as fast as I want. Waxed the playfield and installed it in the cabinet, got all the cables hooked up in the backbox, Pinsound installed, and color DMD installed. Lamp test looks good (see photo), I've got about 6-7 bulbs out but 4 of those are the PAID lanes so should be an easy fix. Others probably need a solder reflow. Plastics are now installed. I have to admit that despite the questionable clear on the playfield, it does look beautiful.

Next steps: install Swinks snackbar mod, re-install MikeD TV mod, re-install ramps and whirlpool, install new speakers, and light up speaker panel mod.

20191126_151242-1024x1820 (resized).jpg20191126_151242-1024x1820 (resized).jpg
#2729 4 years ago

looking nice, hopefully you will have it running by Christmas

#2730 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

looking nice, hopefully you will have it running by Christmas

Thanks Jady but unfortunately it probably won't work out that way. I have an Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle coming next week and then I go in for surgery in a little over a week, so I will be down for awhile. But I'll get close!

#2731 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Thanks Jady but unfortunately it probably won't work out that way. I have an Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle coming next week and then I go in for surgery in a little over a week, so I will be down for awhile. But I'll get close!

enjoy the new game and the best with your operation, take it easy and enjoy your family, friends and games

#2732 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Does anywhere have suggestions as to where to tap into 12v to run a led display? Creature is pretty full on power consumption. JI38-141 a logical spot?

Correction. J116, 117, 118 all seem to be 12v DC

#2733 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Correction. J116, 117, 118 all seem to be 12v DC

yes they do but they all come from the same feed so putting 3 items on one plug is equal to one feature on each plug if that makes sense.

#2734 4 years ago

Yeah they are already fully loaded so I think external power supply will be the way to go

#2735 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Yeah they are already fully loaded so I think external power supply will be the way to go

I’ve always thought an extra power supply would be great on Creech as I have alot of mods but I’d have no idea how to go about doing it

#2736 4 years ago

Just tap in after the powerswitch? I did that on my stern POTC.

#2737 4 years ago

That’s the plan. Tap in a small psu after the power switch and then tap anything that’s needed off of it

#2738 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I’ve always thought an extra power supply would be great on Creech as I have alot of mods but I’d have no idea how to go about doing it

Like this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development/page/23#post-5119156

#2739 4 years ago

If it’s 12v you’re needing, get a pc laptop power supply for about $20-30 and some molex plugs. Cut the end off and use the
Molex and a splitter if needed. Easy and saves the driver board.

#2740 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

One pic - thousand words! The switch on the bowl's issue is it is a silly application, but all Williams had in 1992......but by 1996 - they had other options![quoted image]

Looks pretty cool. Would Like to Take one

#2741 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I'm back to making bowl MRS'.....took a 4 week hiatus through October......got 3 done....we're hoping to mass-produce them, but it takes time.....remember to send a PM to get on the list...

Installed the Creature Bowl MRS Mod and very happy! This is excellent in many ways...fits flush with the bowl (pun intended), looks great with the grabber green color, easy to install (its worth spending an hour to completely remove the bowl and apron so the wiring is routed nicely). You actually don't need glue or adhesive because of the way it fits. Thank you Matt.

#2742 4 years ago
Quoted from rockymtn:

Installed the Creature Bowl MRS Mod and very happy! This is excellent in many ways...fits flush with the bowl (pun intended), looks great with the grabber green color, easy to install (its worth spending an hour to completely remove the bowl and apron so the wiring is routed nicely). You actually don't need glue or adhesive because of the way it fits. Thank you Matt.

Fantastic! I'm on to making original MRS' (the ones that are stock in 7 WMS pins) for a bit - then I'll be back to making more Creech MRS'....

#2743 4 years ago

I am selling my extra mirror speaker panel. It is nos with the plastic still on panel. The front piece in picture has plastic on it so its hard to get a true picture. Mint never used I paid $200 five years ago and will sell for $200 plus 15 shipping in USA only. I just bought the new mirror back glass and they look great together. Any question please ask. To be fair I will sell to the first person that will commit.

IMG-1 (resized).JPGIMG-1 (resized).JPGIMG-2 (resized).JPGIMG-2 (resized).JPGIMG-3 (resized).JPGIMG-3 (resized).JPG
#2744 4 years ago

Somebody here is looking for one right now, this should sell in just a couple of hours.

#2745 4 years ago

Mirror speaker panel sold. THANK-YOU

#2746 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I finally ordered the trim for my mirrored backglass. I'm hoping that it doesn't suffer from the same issues that chris hutchins ran into with the radical one that CPR did (but I'll bet it does
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/107#post-5282466
maybe I should have ordered the 3/16" channels instead of the 1/8" channels from pinball life (although, I do not see a 3/16" option for the lift channel
https://www.pinballlife.com/316-wide-backglass-side-and-top-trim-various-lengths.html

j_m_ : Which trim did you use?

#2747 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

j_m_ : Which trim did you use?

https://www.pinballlife.com/backglass-lift-channel-for-williams-system-11.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/backglass-top-trim-for-williams-system-11.html

I ordered 3 pcs. of the top trim and cut down 2 of them to use for the sides rather than ordering the pieces made for the sides. I've never liked the fact that the side pieces were too short and had a large gap between the lift channel and top piece (producing light bleed from behind)

unlike the parts that I initially ordered and were way too tight, these parts worked perfectly

installation tips:
take your time when fitting the lift channel (I positioned it correctly [centering it]), but then fit it from one end and working the glass all the way into the channel little by little, moving down the width of the glass. it does take some force to get it to fit the glass all the way into the channel

the side and top trim pieces are a lot easier to install but still are very secure once on
CftBL backglass (resized).jpgCftBL backglass (resized).jpg

#2748 4 years ago

Thank you for the detail parts list and picture. It looks great!

1 week later
#2749 4 years ago

I have a question for my friend’s creature, he has a pinsound board in it, game was playing great. Then the sound just went out. Reloaded the file on the flash drive. You can hear the pinsound board doing its thing through the speakers with it’s loading music playing. Once the files are ready, total silence. We swapped the pinsound board into another pin, and it worked perfectly. So it’s not the pinsound board. Would it be something on the CPU board that just frapped out?

Thank you

#2750 4 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I have a question for my friend’s creature, he has a pinsound board in it, game was playing great. Then the sound just went out. Reloaded the file on the flash drive. You can hear the pinsound board doing its thing through the speakers with it’s loading music playing. Once the files are ready, total silence. We swapped the pinsound board into another pin, and it worked perfectly. So it’s not the pinsound board. Would it be something on the CPU board that just frapped out?
Thank you

Reseat your ribbon cable

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 9.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

€ 24.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 115.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/55?hl=robertstone0407 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.