IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 115.
#2601 4 years ago

I bought the repro from PPS, and I can tell you 100% part of the reason it goes blue is the angle of the light. I went from nearly purple to green to yellow just fidgeting with the light and the angle it hit the mirrors.

#2602 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I bought the repro from PPS, and I can tell you 100% part of the reason it goes blue is the angle of the light. I went from nearly purple to green to yellow just fidgeting with the light and the angle it hit the mirrors.

I have an original in mine and it too can change colors depending on the angle you look at it from.

#2603 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

So far I've only populated the bottom of the playfield in my swap. I just got my post kit in today so I'm starting on the top side this weekend. I was a bit nervous when I put the screws in for the front rails and they sank into the clear more than I expected. But the clear on my Creature looks thinner than it does on the Pirates and Wonkas I've seen. Haven't seen a JP yet so I can't speak to that. And doing the "fingernail test", I was unable to dent the clear with my fingernail so it definitely isn't as soft as some of the playfields with pooling appear to be.
My White Water, which I bought and playfield swapped last year, is having zero issues with the clear. I certainly seems like there's a different formula being used for the repro playfields than there is for the manufacturers' new games.
I'll post an update when I start attaching the posts...

Pretty, pretty, pretty please keep us in the loop on this. Thank you very much for chiming in.

I want a CFTBL replacement PF so badly "for insurance", and I am fine with letting it sit until I move from Eglin AFB in 2021, but man, if it still pulls a WW/JP2 after waiting that long, I'd cry softly......

#2604 4 years ago

Have wanted this game since I started playing pinball.

I pick mine up finally next weekend! Hologram is green and this is a nice game I’m getting.

Is there newer version roms? Has L3

I’d like speaker lights, color Dmd, Alt naked translite and?

What else should I consider and who hAs some to sell

Quoted from Sonic:
Swinks was the winner for the last one, but I've got tjprice and fiberdude on the list - and now the rest of you know for when I go back to making more....stay tuned!

Add me please!!!!

#2605 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Swinks was the winner for the last one, but I've got tjprice and fiberdude on the list - and now the rest of you know for when I go back to making more....stay tuned!

And me please!!!!

#2606 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Can you please add me to your list aswell, and I’ll be good to go in November/December when you are. Cheers

#2607 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Have wanted this game since I started playing pinball.
I pick mine up finally next weekend! Hologram is green and this is a nice game I’m getting.
Is there newer version roms? Has L3
I’d like speaker lights, color Dmd, Alt naked translite and?
What else should I consider and who hAs some to sell

due to a recent job loss, I have time and a few parts to do a small run of Snackbar Mods - pm if keen

#2608 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

due to a recent job loss, I have time and a few parts to do a small run of Snackbar Mods - pm if keen

Geez mate I hope all is ok! ... on the upside, I'm looking forward to seeing what new mod ideas you come with given the extra time on your hands

BTW anybody who hasn't checked out Swinks Snackbar Mod should take a look, certainly a winner in my eyes

#2609 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Geez mate I hope all is ok! ... on the upside, I'm looking forward to seeing what new mod ideas you come with given the extra time on your hands
BTW anybody who hasn't checked out Swinks Snackbar Mod should take a look, certainly a winner in my eyes

thanks mate, well I did just buy a new toy to step up some mod designs / parts (I hope) and will soon start playing with a new laser soon.

got about 6 mod ideas for Ghostbusters, but job hunting keeps me busy as well.

#2610 4 years ago

I’m in let me know what I need to do.

#2611 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

PM SENT

#2612 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/59#post-5051521
Posting a little on the late side...long story short is I've began remaking the infamous Williams Magnetic Reed Switch (follow link above).....I've sold all but 1 of the 1st lot I've built over on the RFM owners group - (most bought in groups of 3 as that is the quantity on RFM) - however I ended up with 1 left that would be perfect for the whirlpool mod...I won't be making any more until November - so if someone wants this one just shoot me a PM....hopefully after all the tooling and tuning and what have you - come November I'll be able to crank out more of these little hand built devils....

COUNT ME IN

#2613 4 years ago

Pm sent, please add me to the switch list.
Thx

#2614 4 years ago

Add me to the list too, please.

1 week later
#2616 4 years ago

Anybody need or want the Tail light /Stardust speaker panel light up mod?
Latest version and I also have the speaker panel too. Both NIB never installed. $350, pm me for details.

#2617 4 years ago

Alright Creech fans , I have to admit I never thought that 15 years after I dreamt up the MRS bowl mod - that I'd end up making a proper MRS to achieve that goal - here is the very first one - I just put it together - I have a lot of work to do before I have more than just this one....so more will come by Thanksgiving.....anyway from my notes tjprice222 was next on the list to receive one - after him it was fiberdude120 .....so hey guys - hit me up on PM (it's easier to track all the interest to be honest) - and this one is yours.....the MRS fits the contour of the bowl, has a 13" inch lead (like the current switch does) and has a light duty adhesive to stick on the bowl...can't be any simpler!

Bowl_mrs (resized).jpgBowl_mrs (resized).jpg
#2618 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Alright Creech fans , I have to admit I never thought that 15 years after I dreamt up the MRS bowl mod - that I'd end up making a proper MRS to achieve that goal - here is the very first one - I just put it together - I have a lot of work to do before I have more than just this one....so more will come by Thanksgiving.....anyway from my notes tjprice222 was next on the list to receive one - after him it was fiberdude120 .....so hey guys - hit me up on PM (it's easier to track all the interest to be honest) - and this one is yours.....the MRS fits the contour of the bowl, has a 13" inch lead (like the current switch does) and has a light duty adhesive to stick on the bowl...can't be any simpler![quoted image]

Hi Matt,

Your latest model of the MRS that fits the contour of Creech bowl with the 13-inch lead, 2-pin Molex connector and the light adhesive is perfect. This mod is truly plug and play now. Well done and you would be wise to stock up on these mods as you should sell a lot of them.

Gord

#2619 4 years ago

What y'all think?

15690259299341261965783 (resized).jpg15690259299341261965783 (resized).jpg
#2620 4 years ago

I have a question...is this MRS to take the place of the switch at the bottom of the bowl? Is that switch known to have issues?

Thanks!

#2621 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

I have a question...is this MRS to take the place of the switch at the bottom of the bowl? Is that switch known to have issues?
Thanks!

Yes it replaces the switch on the edge of the bowl. While this switch doesn't normally have issues, swapping out the microswitch for a magnetic reed switch it allows the ball to freely travel around the bowl without being slowed by the switch actuator arm of the microswitch. Pretty cool and rewarding, as you get your jackpot multiplier max'd out quicker (spelling creature) and score bigger ...

#2622 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Thanks!

One pic - thousand words! The switch on the bowl's issue is it is a silly application, but all Williams had in 1992......but by 1996 - they had other options!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2623 4 years ago

Neat! How much?

#2624 4 years ago

Please put me down for one. Thanks

#2625 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

So far I've only populated the bottom of the playfield in my swap. I just got my post kit in today so I'm starting on the top side this weekend. I was a bit nervous when I put the screws in for the front rails and they sank into the clear more than I expected. But the clear on my Creature looks thinner than it does on the Pirates and Wonkas I've seen. Haven't seen a JP yet so I can't speak to that. And doing the "fingernail test", I was unable to dent the clear with my fingernail so it definitely isn't as soft as some of the playfields with pooling appear to be.
My White Water, which I bought and playfield swapped last year, is having zero issues with the clear. I certainly seems like there's a different formula being used for the repro playfields than there is for the manufacturers' new games.
I'll post an update when I start attaching the posts...

Been 2 weeks - just curious if any updates on CC on your PF?

#2626 4 years ago

First one in green!

15691734751091185920001 (resized).jpg15691734751091185920001 (resized).jpg
#2627 4 years ago

HELP AND OPINIONS NEEDED..

ColorDMD - LCD versus LED? WHICH DO I GET FOR MY CFTBL ?

ALTERNATE NAKED TRANSLITE - WHERE TO BUY OTHER THAN NETHERLAND?

I NEED SOME MORE MODS...

JUST BROUGHT MINE HOME

1FE04F9A-B471-42B3-A294-29EE1CC085CF (resized).jpeg1FE04F9A-B471-42B3-A294-29EE1CC085CF (resized).jpeg
#2628 4 years ago

I NEED SOME MORE MODS...
JUST BROUGHT MINE HOME [quoted image]

LED

#2629 4 years ago

WHY DO YOU SUGGEST THAT?

#2630 4 years ago

Because it looks nice with the twinkly 50s effect and not like a modern day cartoon.
Ps your caps lock key is on.

20170325_170028 (resized).jpg20170325_170028 (resized).jpg
#2631 4 years ago

I NEED SOME MORE MODS...

Doesn't matter, they both fit and look great.

No idea where to get the nudie translite, but I have heard the quality is kinda sketch. I'd only get it if I happened to have the matching IPB naughty PF tho.

Great mods are all over the place for CFTBL. Avoid the crap like plastic food and car parts and film reels tho, what you want is the cool ones like the lit speaker panel mod, Swinks snack bar, and the new whirlpool reed switch Sonic just did. If you can find one of course, the MikeD lagoon mod is kind of ultimate.

#2632 4 years ago

I NEED SOME MORE MODS...

Agree with the others.

ColorDMD: LED vs. LCD is personal taste. If you would find a gen 1 Thompson lit speaker mod, it is easier with LED but I think it will be pretty hard to find any. I personally prefer the LED.

And the only other caution is that I have three people that loved the game and all tired of it quickly. Many have sold them quickly after. So get it dialed in and really play it hard before dumping money.

Oh, and stop yelling lol!

#2633 4 years ago

WHY DO YOU SUGGEST THAT?

Why are you yelling?!??!?!??!

J/king.

Because it looks better with less voltage draw, minimizing the possibility for random resets, which will happen if you add too many mods and the 5 v circuit is weak!

And it's cheaper. And it looks better.

#2634 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Why are you yelling?!??!?!??!
J/king.
Because it looks better with less voltage draw, minimizing the possibility for random resets, which will happen if you add too many mods and the 5 v circuit is weak!
And it's cheaper. And it looks better.

Agreed. LED.

#2635 4 years ago

yep led all the way. No issues for 3 years.

#2636 4 years ago

Wanted to pass along the kind words from GRB1959 - I have to add, that's one hell of a high score....holy cow!

Hi Matt,

Just to give you a quick update on how the new MRS is performing. See the URL below for a short YouTube video clip and you can see my new high score on CFTBL compared to my previous high scores which were prior to installing the MRS.

Now that I can max out the playfield multiplier in the Creech whirlpool bowl with 2-3 balls I then find the creature, rescue the girl, light the Super Jackpot, collect the Super Jackpot and then lather, rinse and repeat. I collected 3 Super Jackpots in my high scoring game which when multiplied by the max playfield multiplier of 4X accounts for a crazy high score almost 6 times higher than my previous high score.

Granted, I play it smarter now and try to max out the playfield multiplier prior to finding the creature, rescuing the girl and collecting the Jackpot and Super Jackpot. Previously I would be lucky if I could get a 2X playfield multiplier prior to draining a ball during multi-ball.

Anyway, this game just got a whole lot more fun in large part to your MRS which really opens up scoring as it makes it obvious that you shouldn't collect the major playfield bonuses prior to maxing out the playfield multiplier.

Gord

#2637 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Wanted to pass along the kind words from GRB1959 - I have to add, that's one hell of a high score....holy cow!
Hi Matt,
Just to give you a quick update on how the new MRS is performing. See the URL below for a short YouTube video clip and you can see my new high score on CFTBL compared to my previous high scores which were prior to installing the MRS.

Now that I can max out the playfield multiplier in the Creech whirlpool bowl with 2-3 balls I then find the creature, rescue the girl, light the Super Jackpot, collect the Super Jackpot and then lather, rinse and repeat. I collected 3 Super Jackpots in my high scoring game which when multiplied by the max playfield multiplier of 4X accounts for a crazy high score almost 6 times higher than my previous high score.
Granted, I play it smarter now and try to max out the playfield multiplier prior to finding the creature, rescuing the girl and collecting the Jackpot and Super Jackpot. Previously I would be lucky if I could get a 2X playfield multiplier prior to draining a ball during multi-ball.
Anyway, this game just got a whole lot more fun in large part to your MRS which really opens up scoring as it makes it obvious that you shouldn't collect the major playfield bonuses prior to maxing out the playfield multiplier.
Gord

Another major factor coupled with the MRS in achieving the maximum number of ball rotations around the whirlpool bowl is to level the whirlpool bowl. To do this I used 3 small washers on the bottom whirlpool bowl post and 2 small washers on the right hand side post of the whirlpool bowl.

With the MRS installed and the whirlpool bowl properly leveled I have been getting approximately 8-9 whirlpool bowl rotations for each ball that enters the whirlpool bowl. It makes a big difference to not have the actuator arm of a cherry switch slowing down the momentum of the ball on each whirlpool bowl rotation.

Gord

#2638 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Been 2 weeks - just curious if any updates on CC on your PF?

Unfortunately I had some personal stuff that got in the way, I only have time to work on it on weekends. Hopefully I'll get some time this weekend. I'll certainly keep you in the loop...

#2639 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Hi Matt,

Gord

How much are they?

#2640 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

How much are they?

$30/unit + $4.50 domestic USPS 1st class

#2641 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Unfortunately I had some personal stuff that got in the way, I only have time to work on it on weekends. Hopefully I'll get some time this weekend. I'll certainly keep you in the loop...

Cool. I'll check back again soon. Thanks!

#2642 4 years ago

I made my own reed contact a few years ago, works fine, indeed the ball can spin around mutilple times, some even can handle it to stay in the bowl by bumping the machines. Now that does not make the finding and rescue the girl shot easier. But when you get that the reward is higher. I am certianly not a very good player but like the bowl to run smooth, it took me some time after installing the contact to level out the bowl in a correct way.

#2643 4 years ago

Finally got it set up!
Needs leveling and some minor adjustments. Will get color LED and led’s for PF and Blackbox..

Looking for custom apron cards? Also when does the ball go into the whirlpool? I played a few games and it didn’t go into whirlpool at all?

1159726F-3995-4920-BE77-9C2185A194EC (resized).jpeg1159726F-3995-4920-BE77-9C2185A194EC (resized).jpeg58A065AC-CF80-4A3A-8702-D3D094633F33 (resized).jpeg58A065AC-CF80-4A3A-8702-D3D094633F33 (resized).jpeg6710599A-5F09-4AE4-89F6-8CF2CE37CECD (resized).jpeg6710599A-5F09-4AE4-89F6-8CF2CE37CECD (resized).jpegD6599647-9BDE-48B3-A8C7-EEB1B16BF3E2 (resized).jpegD6599647-9BDE-48B3-A8C7-EEB1B16BF3E2 (resized).jpegE7E815DE-DFF0-4722-81FB-A8537AC967CC (resized).jpegE7E815DE-DFF0-4722-81FB-A8537AC967CC (resized).jpeg
#2644 4 years ago

You can enter the whirlpool only on multiball. So spell FILM and get multibal then enter the left ramp.

#2646 4 years ago

when does the ball go into the whirlpool? I played a few games and it didn’t go into whirlpool at all?

to be a bit more specific. you need to spell F-I-L-M to light the lit spotlight entries (left and right orbit shots) to start multi-ball

'F' is completed by shooting the KISS shot (left orbit) a total of 4 times (or as a [hard plunge] skill shot reward with proper timing. during the start of a ball, the [unscored] K-I-S-S letters cycle (adding each letter). when all 4 letters are still required, a hard plunge when the 'K' is lit will (usually) award all 4 letters in a single shot. 'K' and all of the lit letters are scored on the plunge when the ball passes down over the roll over switch
'I' is completed by completing the 4 stand-up targets in the center of the playfield near the snack bar. depending on the game settings, scoring the snack bar will award the next required light (alternatively, the pop bumpers will cycle the awarded target when the snack bar shot is made
'L' is completed by completing the lanes at the top of the playfield. L is achieved as a [skill shot] by scoring the flashing lane on a soft plunge. lit/unlit lanes can be cycled using the left and right flipper buttons
'M' is completed by scoring the slide shot (right orbit)

once all F-I-L-M letters have all been made, a 2-ball multi-ball is started by shooting either brightly strobing KISS (left) or Slide (right) orbit shot

during the 2-ball multi-ball, shooting a ball up the left ramp will divert the ball down into the whirlpool. carefully timed nudging can increase the number of revolutions that the ball makes (when in the whirlpool) to increase the multi-ball 'jackpot' bonus multiplier. each [x] multiplier are achieved by scoring 7 revolutions (spelling C-R-E-A-T-U-R-E while in the whirlpool

while in multi-ball, you have to 'rescue' the girl by making the correct shot (KISS, snack bar or SLIDE shot). once you have rescued the girl

the 'jackpot' is collected by making the snack bar shot after rescuing the girl, and the super jackpot collected after collecting the jackpot, making 50 pop bumper shots and then making the snack bar shot a 2nd time

the point value of the jackpot is increased (during the game) by pop bumper shots during the game and the jackpot multiplier is based number of times C-R-E-A-T-U-R-E is spelled in the whirlpool

if you drain a ball while in multi-ball, you have [x] number of seconds to restart the multi-ball mode by making the snack bar shot with the remaining active ball

1 week later
#2647 4 years ago

CPR just released CFTBL Backglass with Real Custom Mirroring!

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/cftbl-glass/

CFTBLBackglass (resized).jpgCFTBLBackglass (resized).jpgCFTBLBGMirror (resized).jpgCFTBLBGMirror (resized).jpg
#2649 4 years ago

Oh no! Why do they keep doing this to me?!?

Now I want one for TZ, IJ and CFTBL... this is gonna get expensive!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 115.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/53?hl=manny65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.