IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6280 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 114.
#2551 4 years ago

Small update on my creatures balls; they weren’t as wrecked as I first thought. Just really dirty. Apparently I’ve got some swampy source of filth in there to figure out.

DA4CE99E-B258-47F4-B625-4E57A790207C (resized).jpegDA4CE99E-B258-47F4-B625-4E57A790207C (resized).jpeg
#2552 4 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

I would check the snackbar-scoop. Perhaps it has a sharp edge which messes up your balls.

I thought every guy knew to keep their balls away from anything with a sharp edge?

#2553 4 years ago

And filthy holes too

#2554 4 years ago

While I’m waiting for the big mod to happen I’ll lnstall thismodel I’ve had for years in the box.Light it from the front with existing spotlight,Create a background to cover speaker and misc. hardware.May make it move from the mirror motor. Two hours in and it looks pretty nice.Here it is so far.

4C24C8FF-6441-4D42-9D93-82387F17F7EA (resized).jpeg4C24C8FF-6441-4D42-9D93-82387F17F7EA (resized).jpeg67B7FE3B-61CA-4BA9-87CE-F92020EF52F1 (resized).jpeg67B7FE3B-61CA-4BA9-87CE-F92020EF52F1 (resized).jpeg9AB9DFA7-A4ED-496D-A5E8-8B7891626F0A (resized).jpeg9AB9DFA7-A4ED-496D-A5E8-8B7891626F0A (resized).jpegFFB2480D-7CE6-4647-BE04-242C627A826E (resized).jpegFFB2480D-7CE6-4647-BE04-242C627A826E (resized).jpeg4BBD6227-CF8D-4125-8F77-F49E91D87F04 (resized).jpeg4BBD6227-CF8D-4125-8F77-F49E91D87F04 (resized).jpeg
#2555 4 years ago

Well done and a good solution to get by. It looks good!

#2556 4 years ago

well done, I did a similar thing a few years ago and very happy with it with a green transparent creature hanging on fishing line and he swings slightly with game movement

CFTBL - DIY Holomod (resized).pngCFTBL - DIY Holomod (resized).png
#2557 4 years ago

I am very close to picking up this game
It’s a dream game for us
Only catch is the hologram is gone
Seller has informed me there is a mod coming out for it in September
Is this correct?
Anyone confirm?
Thanks

#2558 4 years ago

This is the most recent one I’ve seen but I don’t recall seeing an availability date:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development

There’s also a few repro holograms out there but they’re going for 300+. Assuming your motor and light work, this would get it back to original status.

#2559 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I am very close to picking up this game
It’s a dream game for us
Only catch is the hologram is gone
Seller has informed me there is a mod coming out for it in September
Is this correct?
Anyone confirm?
Thanks

If it’s your dream game don’t let the hologram get in the way. It’s such a minor feature of the game. Though, I do wish mine wasn’t almost completely faded.

#2560 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

If it’s your dream game don’t let the hologram get in the way. It’s such a minor feature of the game. Though, I do wish mine wasn’t almost completely faded.

Well, it's not like it actually does a whole lot, bit it IS smack dab in the middle of the playfield.

#2561 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/59#post-5051521

Posting a little on the late side...long story short is I've began remaking the infamous Williams Magnetic Reed Switch (follow link above).....I've sold all but 1 of the 1st lot I've built over on the RFM owners group - (most bought in groups of 3 as that is the quantity on RFM) - however I ended up with 1 left that would be perfect for the whirlpool mod...I won't be making any more until November - so if someone wants this one just shoot me a PM....hopefully after all the tooling and tuning and what have you - come November I'll be able to crank out more of these little hand built devils....

#2562 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/59#post-5051521
Posting a little on the late side...long story short is I've began remaking the infamous Williams Magnetic Reed Switch (follow link above).....I've sold all but 1 of the 1st lot I've built over on the RFM owners group - (most bought in groups of 3 as that is the quantity on RFM) - however I ended up with 1 left that would be perfect for the whirlpool mod...I won't be making any more until November - so if someone wants this one just shoot me a PM....hopefully after all the tooling and tuning and what have you - come November I'll be able to crank out more of these little hand built devils....

message sent, but guessing I might of missed out already

#2563 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Add me to the list.

#2564 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

i would love
one

#2565 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

message sent, but guessing I might of missed out already

Swinks was the winner for the last one, but I've got tjprice and fiberdude on the list - and now the rest of you know for when I go back to making more....stay tuned!

#2566 4 years ago

Add me to the list for your next batch of reed switches please.

#2567 4 years ago
Quoted from Tarpin:

Add me to the list for your next batch of reed switches please.

And me please

#2568 4 years ago

And me, please

#2570 4 years ago

So I helped out a Pinsider with his Mike D mod. I sent a thumb drive with all the data needed to fix his mod. I said send me $4.00 for the shipping and a blank thumb drive. He said he got the thumb drive I sent him. Now it is about three weeks later and I have nothing. Live and learn!

Added 15 months ago:

Should have waited longer to post.

#2571 4 years ago

Add me please. thx,

#2572 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

So I helped out a Pinsider with his Mike D mod. I sent a thumb drive with all the data needed to fix his mod. I said send me $4.00 for the shipping and a blank thumb drive. He said he got the thumb drive I sent him. Now it is about three weeks later and I have nothing. Live and learn!

I believe most Pinsiders would have really appreciated the effort you took and would have gladly Paypal'd you enough money to cover your expenses. Bummer this guy has not.

#2573 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I believe most Pinsiders would have really appreciated the effort you took and would have gladly Paypal'd you enough money to cover your expenses. Bummer this guy has not.

Disappointing to hear but I’ve done similar and a lot of shitheads here. But I’ve had so many positives from people like you helping me I still pay it forward. Don’t give up hope!

#2574 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

sadly it does happen and it is disappointing as some people are NOT men of their words which wrecks the experience of helping people, but as others said there are many good pinheads. It has happened to me as well but I still like to help out to a value I can afford as it is a nice feeling to help others.

#2575 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

sadly it does happen and it is disappointing as some people are NOT men of their words which wrecks the experience of helping people, but as others said there are many good pinheads. It has happened to me as well but I still like to help out to a value I can afford as it is a nice feeling to help others.

I certainly did not need the money. It was just the right thing to do. I have sent free parts to others before and that was appreciated by them. I just wanted to break even so I can help the next person. I am glad to help as I have been helped many times. I do think most on Pinside are good people.

#2576 4 years ago

Karma.

#2577 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I certainly did not need the money. It was just the right thing to do. I have sent free parts to others before and that was appreciated by them. I just wanted to break even so I can help the next person. I am glad to help as I have been helped many times. I do think most on Pinside are good people.

totally understand and agree

#2578 4 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

drummermike,

I apologize that I have not yet returned the drive or even communicated to you, it simply slipped my mind. I am returning the drive you sent me, plus an extra USB drive plus $5. Give me a few days to get it packed and shipped. If you haven't heard from me in a few days please send me a reminder via PM. My memory isn't as good as it used to be. Public shaming is embarrassing but it's my own fault...

#2579 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Swinks was the winner for the last one, but I've got tjprice and fiberdude on the list - and now the rest of you know for when I go back to making more....stay tuned!

Me too please!!!

#2580 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Please add me to the list as well...

#2581 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

drummermike,
I apologize that I have not yet returned the drive or even communicated to you, it simply slipped my mind. I am returning the drive you sent me, plus an extra USB drive plus $5. Give me a few days to get it packed and shipped. If you haven't heard from me in a few days please send me a reminder via PM. My memory isn't as good as it used to be. Public shaming is embarrassing but it's my own fault...

I did not name anyone. The drive is yours to keep. You need it. That is why I asked for a new one to replace it. The shipping was only $4.00. Thanks.

#2582 4 years ago

Earlier this year I got a CFTBL with a functioning hologram mechanism (lamps+motors) but a completely faded hologram.
Thank y'all pinsiders who has shared different ideas and posts on hologram fixes.
I've combined a lot of those and have the following working in my machine.

I first laser etched an image of the creature on 1/4" acrylic at the public library.

LAZERS!LAZERS!

I had to bend the bottom of the existing hologram frame wider to accommodate LED strips on the bottom.
I've removed the existing hologram and plate and will leave the motor disconnected.

IMG_6169 (resized).JPGIMG_6169 (resized).JPG

The 12V halogen lamp was moved to the front of the light baffle in the cabinet for accessibility.

IMG_6175 (resized).JPGIMG_6175 (resized).JPG

I bought 2 matrix kits from Comet pinball for 12V. There's an adapter that fits in the 12V lamp socket in the game.

12V lighting strip

IMG_6176 (resized).JPGIMG_6176 (resized).JPG

The 12V green LED strips are positioned so light shines upward through the acrylic.
The existing frame has holes the wiring can feed through.

IMG_6340 (resized).JPGIMG_6340 (resized).JPG

I used Comet's matrix wiring to connect the 2 LED strips via a long wire to the lamp.

IMG_6341 (resized).JPGIMG_6341 (resized).JPG

The parts for all this run under $30, maybe less.

IMG_6399 (resized).JPGIMG_6399 (resized).JPG

#2583 4 years ago

Excellent job! Also it's very bright and you can see it clearly as most holograms are originally a bit dim.

#2584 4 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

Earlier this year I got a CFTBL with a functioning hologram mechanism (lamps+motors) but a completely faded hologram.
Thank y'all pinsiders who has shared different ideas and posts on hologram fixes.
I first laser etched an image of the creature on 1/4" acrylic at the public library.
[quoted image]
I had to bend the bottom of the existing hologram frame wider to accommodate LED strips on the bottom.
I've removed the existing hologram and plate and will leave the motor disconnected.
[quoted image]
The 12V halogen lamp was moved to the front of the light baffle in the cabinet for accessibility.
[quoted image]
I bought 2 matrix kits from Comet pinball for 12V. There's an adapter that fits in the 12V lamp socket in the game.

12V lighting strip

[quoted image]
The 12V green LED strips are positioned so light shines upward through the acrylic.
[quoted image]
I used Comet's matrix wiring to connect the 2 LED strips via a long wire to the lamp.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I want this!

#2585 4 years ago

Real nice.Make me one.How about $100 shipped.Im serious

#2586 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

drummermike,

All is good again! Thanks.

#2587 4 years ago

Looks great, I think you have come up with a real winner of a mod--get ready for the orders to come in. I'm wondering what this would look like with the motor running?

#2588 4 years ago

Awesome job on the holo replacement mod

#2589 4 years ago

Just cleaning up the work station - thought I'd snap a pic...an original WMS MRS, an original DE MRS and an original M&M Creations MRS.......more to be built again soon, I promise...
20190828_165421 (resized).jpg20190828_165421 (resized).jpg

#2590 4 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

12V lighting strip

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

If that looks as good in person as it does in pictures you might have a real winner here!

#2591 4 years ago

Can someone please tell me the value of this original hologram plate? Would putting a yellow plastic film on this make it green again? Thanks.

20190829_104535 (resized).jpg20190829_104535 (resized).jpg
#2592 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Guys, working on CFTBL with missing chase light controller and chase light flexible PCB.
I have copied the controller, but this light board is missing:
Is there any repro or other source?
Thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

No hope?

#2593 4 years ago

Its worthless,mine looks like that out the machine but in gameplay it’s not there.

#2594 4 years ago

To expound on last comment,I would not buy one of these that you can’t test in an actual game.Its a real gray area with these Holograms.Heres mine out of game that looks deceiving.Blacked out during play and I have tried different lights and angles .lighting it up from the front and attached to the mirror helped somewhat.Im hoping the new mod will be a reality.

BD9CEB0D-AEB8-4E41-8624-444E0A796323 (resized).jpegBD9CEB0D-AEB8-4E41-8624-444E0A796323 (resized).jpegBEF8175D-D28B-42FD-BBA4-79B6CA0C27B0 (resized).jpegBEF8175D-D28B-42FD-BBA4-79B6CA0C27B0 (resized).jpeg
#2595 4 years ago

Curious with the whole "clearcoat chipping" stuff that has been going on in other threads and the possibility those PFs came from Mirco...

For those who have bought a replacement CFTBL PF, how confident are you that your replacement PF won't suffer the same fate as JP2, PoTC, WW ....?

I want to get one, but at $1000 I really want to know the CC/artwork will be safe....

Anyone that has a replacement CFTBL PF, please share your thoughts.....thanks!

#2596 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Curious with the whole "clearcoat chipping" stuff that has been going on in other threads and the possibility those PFs came from Mirco...
For those who have bought a replacement CFTBL PF, how confident are you that your replacement PF won't suffer the same fate as JP2, PoTC, WW ....?
I want to get one, but at $1000 I really want to know the CC/artwork will be safe....
Anyone that has a replacement CFTBL PF, please share your thoughts.....thanks!

was only thinking that early today, I hope they don't have issues across the board

#2597 4 years ago

So far I've only populated the bottom of the playfield in my swap. I just got my post kit in today so I'm starting on the top side this weekend. I was a bit nervous when I put the screws in for the front rails and they sank into the clear more than I expected. But the clear on my Creature looks thinner than it does on the Pirates and Wonkas I've seen. Haven't seen a JP yet so I can't speak to that. And doing the "fingernail test", I was unable to dent the clear with my fingernail so it definitely isn't as soft as some of the playfields with pooling appear to be.

My White Water, which I bought and playfield swapped last year, is having zero issues with the clear. I certainly seems like there's a different formula being used for the repro playfields than there is for the manufacturers' new games.

I'll post an update when I start attaching the posts...

#2598 4 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

To expound on last comment,I would not buy one of these that you can’t test in an actual game.Its a real gray area with these Holograms.Heres mine out of game that looks deceiving.Blacked out during play and I have tried different lights and angles .lighting it up from the front and attached to the mirror helped somewhat.Im hoping the new mod will be a reality.[quoted image][quoted image]

What makes the holograms turn blue & fade? Is it age, or maybe if a game was in the sunlight? Or if the lamp is on the hologram for too long!?

Here is my hologram

52FC9C63-137D-40BA-B25C-3F355088885C (resized).jpeg52FC9C63-137D-40BA-B25C-3F355088885C (resized).jpeg
#2599 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

What makes the holograms turn blue & fade? Is it age, or maybe if a game was in the sunlight? Or if the lamp is on the hologram for too long!?
Here is my hologram[quoted image]

Don’t know the dynamics of it but I’ll give you $450.00 for yours..

#2600 4 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

Don’t know the dynamics of it but I’ll give you $450.00 for yours..

Thanks for the offer.. but it’s not for sale- Original and as green as it came out the factory!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 27.95
$ 9.95
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 24.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 5,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/52?hl=lizzyd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.