IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 115.
#2401 5 years ago

After sitting in a storage locker for 2 months since I bought it while I was waiting to move into a new house, I finally brought Creech home last Friday! At least that gave me time to read through all 48 pages here.

Plays really well, although the rollover wire on the I in PAID sometimes doesn’t allow the ball to pass without a nudge. Any tips on how to fix that?

99649E35-E0CD-4006-963D-8ADC14DB1B5D (resized).jpeg99649E35-E0CD-4006-963D-8ADC14DB1B5D (resized).jpeg
#2403 5 years ago
Quoted from Snoogans138:

After sitting in a storage locker for 2 months since I bought it while I was waiting to move into a new house, I finally brought Creech home last Friday! At least that gave me time to read through all 48 pages here.
Plays really well, although the rollover wire on the I in PAID sometimes doesn’t allow the ball to pass without a nudge. Any tips on how to fix that? [quoted image]

Need to bend the arm of the switch down so the ball can more easily pass through. Might have to unmount the switch from the bottom of the playfield to do so.

#2404 5 years ago

I’ll give it a shot.

Thanks @npo!

#2405 5 years ago

Looking at the manual for attract mode, it says that it plays once after ending a game and will not play again until after ending another game. This is my second Creech and the one I had before this one would play music and play the "movie starts in" sequence without having to play another game. It would play the music on and off and even repeat the movie starts sequence again. I can hear faint music playing after a little while. But it is very faint. I replaced the ribbon cable to eliminate an issue there. Am I remembering incorrectly or did my previous Creech have different Roms or something? Thanks in advance.

#2406 5 years ago
Quoted from Chrlbrwn88:

Looking at the manual for attract mode, it says that it plays once after ending a game and will not play again until after ending another game. This is my second Creech and the one I had before this one would play music and play the "movie starts in" sequence without having to play another game. It would play the music on and off and even repeat the movie starts sequence again. I can hear faint music playing after a little while. But it is very faint. I replaced the ribbon cable to eliminate an issue there. Am I remembering incorrectly or did my previous Creech have different Roms or something? Thanks in advance.

Mine only plays music once at end of game. Then display shows high scores, credits, messages, etc and every once in awhile the “movie starts in” sequence. It never plays music after the end of game music on mine.

#2407 5 years ago

I wanna become a member of this group as well. Got mine machine in as a throw in (if you can be,ieve this) to my Diner purchase. Slowly getting her brought back up to speed. Bought new translite, speaker panel mod, ColorDMD, lighted flipped buttons, and few leds including the ramps and found and original owners manual.

#2408 5 years ago
Quoted from Chrlbrwn88:

Mine plays that very,very faint music when it is just sitting there not being played. It never bothered me so I never looked into it to see if something is wrong.

#2409 5 years ago
Quoted from saucerman:

I always thought it was just me that had this problem...it seems more and more prevalent (age related?). I talked to Mike to see maybe if it was the rPi and if I could move to a new version of the rPi but he says no. So now I keep an extra formatted SD card in my machine and then reformat the one that goes bad - a viscous cycle.
But still one of the best mods out there....

Hi All - My Creech has the Mike D mod. I've had it for several years but when I powered it up this morning, the mod won't boot. When I first turned the machine on, I saw the "Please Wait" message flash on the TV screen (which is normal) but then a few seconds later there is just several lines of computer jargon that stays on the screen (see the pic attached). That's all that happens. Does the SD card need to be reformatted (not that I know how to do that) or ? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

IMG_1401 (resized).jpgIMG_1401 (resized).jpg

#2410 5 years ago

I believe that is what I had to do when mine did this years ago. Maybe the best thing to do is to contact MikeD and let him walk you thru it--which is what I did. He is really a super nice guy.

#2411 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I believe that is what I had to do when mine did this years ago. Maybe the best thing to do is to contact MikeD and let him walk you thru it--which is what I did. He is really a super nice guy.

Thanks for the reply Billy16. Do you have any contact information for Mike? I'm not sure he is still on pinside. Thanks again.

#2412 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Thanks for the reply Billy16. Do you have any contact information for Mike? I'm not sure he is still on pinside. Thanks again.

Oh he is..... I am away from home, but trust me. He is here

#2413 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Oh he is..... I am away from home, but trust me. He is here

Ok great. I sent him a PM. Thank you.

#2414 5 years ago

I bought these decals from pinball.center for the circular logo and they’re kinda disappointing. The quality of the Universal Monsters image is pretty crappy & pixelated and no where near as sharp as I’d expected. The colour is better of course, but yeah, disppointing. I’m gonna try and make my own new center logo from an image I found on eBay on a 1991 action figure box. I’ll let you all know how that comes up.

Also worth noting; the green for the rest of the apron decals is very fluorescent compared to the original colours of the machine, but I’d deal with that if the whole bunch were changed at once it wouldn’t matter.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2415 5 years ago

Snoogans138 ya sadly the colors and the vinyl are crap in my opinion from pinball center. I ordered some decals for a fish tales, and the colors are majorly desaturated and actually some where different color values all together. I have have found little shop of games to be good quality

#2416 5 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Mine only plays music once at end of game. Then display shows high scores, credits, messages, etc and every once in awhile the “movie starts in” sequence. It never plays music after the end of game music on mine.

Quoted from fiberdude120:

Mine plays that very,very faint music when it is just sitting there not being played. It never bothered me so I never looked into it to see if something is wrong.

Appreciate the responses. Sounds like this is normal. Not sure why my other one played the music. Thanks again.

#2417 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi All - My Creech has the Mike D mod. I've had it for several years but when I powered it up this morning, the mod won't boot. When I first turned the machine on, I saw the "Please Wait" message flash on the TV screen (which is normal) but then a few seconds later there is just several lines of computer jargon that stays on the screen (see the pic attached). That's all that happens. Does the SD card need to be reformatted (not that I know how to do that) or ? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

You will probably have to reformat your SD card. I did mine over twice.

#2418 5 years ago

It's pretty obvious the Pinball Center just scanned the images and reprinted them. The resolution loss is terrible. What a complete scam.

#2419 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

You will probably have to reformat your SD card. I did mine over twice.

How do I do this? Thanks

#2420 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

How do I do this? Thanks

On a PC, install BalenaEtcher or Win32DiskImager. Take the USB off of the Raspberry Pi that is part of the Mike D. mod and put it into a USB port on your PC. Copy the contents of the USB drive to your hard drive so you have a backup for the future. Remove the USB drive from your PC. In the backup copy, go to the Extras folder and you will see a CFTBL.img file. Use that img file to rewrite the SD card using BalenaEtcher or Win32DiskImager.

There is a older copy of Win32DiskImager in the Extras folder if you can't download it.

#2421 5 years ago
Quoted from That_Pin_Dude:

On a PC, install BalenaEtcher or Win32DiskImager. Take the USB off of the Raspberry Pi that is part of the Mike D. mod and put it into a USB port on your PC. Copy the contents of the USB drive to your hard drive so you have a backup for the future. Remove the USB drive from your PC. In the backup copy, go to the Extras folder and you will see a CFTBL.img file. Use that img file to rewrite the SD card using BalenaEtcher or Win32DiskImager.
There is a older copy of Win32DiskImager in the Extras folder if you can't download it.

Thanks for the help That Pin Dude. I'm following until the rewriting the SD card using BalenaEtcher or Win32DiskImager part. Will it walk me through this and how is it getting to the SD card? Sorry for my unbelievable ignorance about this.

#2422 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Thanks for the help That Pin Dude. I'm following until the rewriting the SD card using BalenaEtcher or Win32DiskImager part. Will it walk me through this and how is it getting to the SD card? Sorry for my unbelievable ignorance about this.

It will be obvious, as you have to select where the image is to be written to (which media device).

#2423 5 years ago

It will be obvious, as you have to select where the image is to be written to (which media device).

There is a slot for the SD card on the PC? Sorry and thanks again.

#2424 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Use an SD card adapter

20190422_153659 (resized).jpg20190422_153659 (resized).jpg
#2425 5 years ago

Not sure if anyone on here needs some playfield insert decals, but I recently bought some and have decided not to use them.

Selling at a discount -- https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/78251

#2426 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Like drummermike said, if your PC doesn't have an SD card reader built in, you need to get an adapter. Try doing a search on Amazon for: "SD/SDXC TF USB 2.0 Card Reader Adapter".

#2427 5 years ago

Like drummermike said, if your PC doesn't have an SD card reader built in, you need to get an adapter. Try doing a search on Amazon for: "SD/SDXC TF USB 2.0 Card Reader Adapter".

Actually just got a chance to look at my PC and there is a card reader built into it! Happy days!

1 week later
#2428 4 years ago

Hello.
Is there any kits available for creature hologram mod?

#2429 4 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

Hello.
Is there any kits available for creature hologram mod?

Your a funny guy.

2 weeks later
#2430 4 years ago

New Creature From The Black Lagoon software mod - version 2

The Creature mod redone from stratch. All the stuff from the previously released one plus...

More features of the game is now tournament play'ed.
The Girl search feature is menu adjustable. Random or pattern.
More bug fixes.
No more waiting for scores to show up.
The mysterious left inlane points indicators now have a purpose.

Creature From The Black Lagoon
Rev L-4 patch 8c6a
Download link: https://tinyurl.com/y2ngcanj
Please read the Readme and follow the patch guide carefully.

Release note

Changes

New feature adjustment A.2 19 "Girl search".
Options:
"Random": As rev. L-4. The girl is located at a randomly chosen Search target.
"Pattern": The girl is always at the second Search target made. And third Search target after a jackpot (rest of game, player individual).
"T-play": When tournament play selected: As the "Pattern" option. Else as the "Random" option.

Default: "T-play".

New feature adjustment A.2 20 "Tournament play Snack bar Unlimited millions".
Options:
"Yes": When tournament play selected: The Snack bar will award the Unlimited millions mode (see awards pattern).
"No": When tournament play selected: The Snack bar will never award the Unlimited millions mode.

Default: "Yes".

The 10B Snack attack bug, fixed.
Snack attack count down lands nicely on 10M.

255 bumper hits to light Super jackpot bug, fixed.

1x “maxed” playfield multiplier bug, fixed.

Bonus-x calculation corrected to be as indicated by the game. 1x/2x/4x/6x/8x/10x.
Bonus base value raised by a factor-3.

A bug where Move your car was not running properly after a multiball, fixed.

A bug where Snack attack is incorrectly promoted on the right ramp count-up display, fixed.

When tournament play selected: The first Playground award is Unlimited millions. Player individual.

When tournament play selected: Snack bar awards follow a fixed pattern. Player individual.

When adj. A.2 20 "T-play S.B. Mill." is set to "Yes":
Before a multiball has been played: F, L or M letter once (if needed and in that order). Then random points ones.
After a multiball has been played: Unlimited millions once. Then random points ones.

When adj. A.2 20 "T-play S.B. Mill." is set to "No":
Before a multiball has been played: F, L or M letter once (if needed and in that order). Then random points ones.
After a multiball has been played: Random points ones only.

When tournament play selected: Tap a button in attract mode to show the latest game scores.

The 10M, 20M and 30M indicators are brought to life.
The Super scoring mode offers a one time only award on the left inlane.
10M, 20M or 30M based on timing.

A bug where the European region installs the hard pre-set on a factory reset, fixed.

Adjustment A.1 21 "Language" is limited to "English".

Adjustment A.1 28 "Min. vol override" defaults to “Yes”.

Why it rocks

Randomisation removed on many accounts for better luck/skill balance in competitive play.
The lucrative Unlimited millions mode may now be play for strategically.
A lot of bug fixes.
No more waiting for game scores to show.
New Super scoring sub-feature for the never-used left inlane score indicators.

Note

The Snack bar Unlimited millions, after a multiball played, is any multiball played.
When selected, the Unlimited millions mode is victory laps for the multiball.
Random points ones are: Popcorn (1M), Hot dog (2M), Hot pretzel (4M), Ice cold pop (4M) and Hamburger (5M).

The incremented bonus base value is to compensate that the max bonus-x is reduced from the incorrect 32x to 10x.
High X bonus is by this a similar payoff. Low X bonus will get a boost.

Feature adjustement A.2 3 "Multiball" is of no use.
At least as of rev. L-4, the game is not awarding multiball at the Snack bar mystery.

The Super scoring mode left inlane award is also given when the inlane is made on a ramp shot return.

https://media.giphy.com/media/UuBmV7WoGudpWoqSga/giphy.gif

#2431 4 years ago

Thank you! I ll be trying it tonight.

#2432 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

New Creature From The Black Lagoon software mod - version 2
The Creature mod redone from stratch. All the stuff from the previously released one plus...
More features of the game is now tournament play'ed.
The Girl search feature is menu adjustable. Random or pattern.
More bug fixes.
No more waiting for scores to show up.
The mysterious left inlane points indicators now have a purpose.
Creature From The Black Lagoon
Rev L-4 patch 8c6a
Download link: https://tinyurl.com/y2ngcanj
Please read the Readme and follow the patch guide carefully.
Release note
Changes
New feature adjustment A.2 19 "Girl search".
Options:
"Random": As rev. L-4. The girl is located at a randomly chosen Search target.
"Pattern": The girl is always at the second Search target made. And third Search target after a jackpot (rest of game, player individual).
"T-play": When tournament play selected: As the "Pattern" option. Else as the "Random" option.
Default: "T-play".
New feature adjustment A.2 20 "Tournament play Snack bar Unlimited millions".
Options:
"Yes": When tournament play selected: The Snack bar will award the Unlimited millions mode (see awards pattern).
"No": When tournament play selected: The Snack bar will never award the Unlimited millions mode.
Default: "Yes".
The 10B Snack attack bug, fixed.
Snack attack count down lands nicely on 10M.
255 bumper hits to light Super jackpot bug, fixed.
1x “maxed” playfield multiplier bug, fixed.
Bonus-x calculation corrected to be as indicated by the game. 1x/2x/4x/6x/8x/10x.
Bonus base value raised by a factor-3.
A bug where Move your car was not running properly after a multiball, fixed.
A bug where Snack attack is incorrectly promoted on the right ramp count-up display, fixed.
When tournament play selected: The first Playground award is Unlimited millions. Player individual.
When tournament play selected: Snack bar awards follow a fixed pattern. Player individual.
When adj. A.2 20 "T-play S.B. Mill." is set to "Yes":
After a multiball has been played: Unlimited millions once. Then random points ones.
When adj. A.2 20 "T-play S.B. Mill." is set to "No":
After a multiball has been played: Random points ones only.
When tournament play selected: Tap a button in attract mode to show the latest game scores.
The 10M, 20M and 30M indicators are brought to life.
The Super scoring mode offers a one time only award on the left inlane.
10M, 20M or 30M based on timing.
A bug where the European region installs the hard pre-set on a factory reset, fixed.
Adjustment A.1 21 "Language" is limited to "English".
Adjustment A.1 28 "Min. vol override" defaults to “Yes”.
Why it rocks
Randomisation removed on many accounts for better luck/skill balance in competitive play.
The lucrative Unlimited millions mode may now be play for strategically.
A lot of bug fixes.
No more waiting for game scores to show.
New Super scoring sub-feature for the never-used left inlane score indicators.
Note
The Snack bar Unlimited millions, after a multiball played, is any multiball played.
When selected, the Unlimited millions mode is victory laps for the multiball.
Random points ones are: Popcorn (1M), Hot dog (2M), Hot pretzel (4M), Ice cold pop (4M) and Hamburger (5M).
The incremented bonus base value is to compensate that the max bonus-x is reduced from the incorrect 32x to 10x.
High X bonus is by this a similar payoff. Low X bonus will get a boost.
Feature adjustement A.2 3 "Multiball" is of no use.
At least as of rev. L-4, the game is not awarding multiball at the Snack bar mystery.
The Super scoring mode left inlane award is also given when the inlane is made on a ramp shot return.
https://media.giphy.com/media/UuBmV7WoGudpWoqSga/giphy.gif

Is a ROM available of the new code for those who don't have a burner? Somehow I missed the first version, what were the improvements that were made?

#2433 4 years ago

Finally got another Creech back! This one is definitely a keeper!

188248E6-8B0B-46B5-BC8F-01039595CE79 (resized).jpeg188248E6-8B0B-46B5-BC8F-01039595CE79 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2435 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

[quoted image]

Don't know how to contact Mike but I just wanted to share some thoughts. Whenever you got a working image on your SD / or uSD card make a backup from that! Use w32image to create a dump from your SD card and save that on your computer. Hell, dump that image on another SD card and check if it is working.

2nd issue I found last month. I am using SmartDMD for my CFTBL as alternative display. Had a lot of issues with a lot of kernel panics and unmountable volumes. Whenever I used a fresh image it would boot fine but sometimes just after one time switching off and on the machine the SD card became unusable until I reimaged it. Sometimes 2 or 3 powercycles but eventually the card became unreadable until reimaging. After a lot of testing, cursing, and some more testing I found that the new faster SD cards were the culprit. When using old cards (up to the 6* speed rating) it works like a charm. The newer 10 speed are not usable in that particular RPI / uSD / SmartDMD combo.

This will of course not mean that this is applicable in your case, just wanted to share.

#2436 4 years ago

Lord... is this really what creatures are selling for? This seems a bit over priced to me

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Fully serviced and working Creature from the Black Lagoon LEDs installed Hologram is Green Will ship nationwide at buyers expense”
2019-12-17
Ontario, CA
Archived after: 57 days
Viewed: 1217 times

#2437 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Is this really what creatures are selling for? This seems a bit over priced to me.

This is Pinside, which means that price is too high if you're looking to buy and too low if you're looking to sell.

#2438 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

This is Pinside, which means that price is too high if you're looking to buy and too low if you're looking to sell.

LOL what a joke

#2439 4 years ago

It’s a dealer so they’re keeping the lights on. Even private sales are going from the high $4ks to $6ks tho depending on condition, mods, etc tho.

#2440 4 years ago

Thank you, Mirco!!!!!!!!!!!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2441 4 years ago

Nice! Mirco finally has them finished? Woohooo!

#2442 4 years ago

oh man!!! Mirco finally delivered! That's awesome, is it me or do the colors look a little desaturate? Or maybe its just the light?

#2443 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Lord... is this really what creatures are selling for? This seems a bit over priced to me

Machine - For Sale

Creature from the Black Lagoon

Fully shopped/refurbished “Fully serviced and working Creature from the Black Lagoon

LEDs installed

Hologram is Green

Will ship nationwide at buyers expense”

2 days ago

Fullerton, CA

surfsidedetail

For info:

Mine sold for 5500

Cdmd
Working holo
Backup holo from PPS
HD Glass
Mirror blades
Speakers
Lit playfield mods (reel, car, sign)
Slightly Above average cabinet
Playfield wear in one spot

I maybe could have gotten more but I like quick sales. Sold in a few days time.

#2444 4 years ago

Makes me feel better bout mine then

#2445 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

For info:
Mine sold for 5500
Cdmd
Working holo
Backup holo from PPS
HD Glass
Mirror blades
Speakers
Lit playfield mods (reel, car, sign)
Slightly Above average cabinet
Playfield wear in one spot
I maybe could have gotten more but I like quick sales. Sold in a few days time.

Wow! That does feel like an unusually good deal tho, depending on that PF wear.

#2446 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Wow! That does feel like an unusually good deal tho, depending on that PF wear.

Yeah- I have zero patience for selling. It’s a flaw

#2447 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Yeah- I have zero patience for selling. It’s a flaw

It's a boon for the rest of us though, KG.

1 week later
#2448 4 years ago

Are all the CFTBL playfields Diamond plated? I just got my Creature and noticed it says Diamond plated not sure if they are all like that or not?

#2449 4 years ago

Yes, there are just variations in markings and color depending on who made the PF.

#2450 4 years ago

Mine is not diamond plated?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 24.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 115.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.