IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6280 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 114.
#2351 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Anytime I don't see an MRS on the bowl - I weep (that's because I created it...but that's besides the point)

What is this you speak of please tell me !

#2352 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

What is this you speak of please tell me !

In 2004, I got my first pin....Creech (still have it - eventually sent it to HEP - love it)...well before I sent it for restoration - I learned everything I could about fixing, modding, unobtainium parts and all of that - well one of the things that struck me first was the stupidity of having a Cherry switch on the bowl - I wanted to see that thing go...3-4 times around sucked - so I figured out how to tweak it by setting it's x & y axis properly - and then realized that a few years later - Williams came up with MRS's to replace physical switches - and realized - had the Creech been built in 1996 - it would have had one in the bowl - so I put one in and shared the knowledge.....now it's almost everywhere it seems - I also put one in the toilet bowl on my Junk Yard - and so on.....I get about 8-9 spins on my whirlpool....

#2353 5 years ago

I think that he was looking for a definition for MRS (rule of thumb, if you're going to use acronyms, spell out what they mean at least once

MRS = magnetic reed switch

1 week later
#2354 5 years ago

First game on Creech today, I go jackpot, super jackpot, jackpot on the same mutliball. Ended at 1.2B. I have owned Creech for years and had never cracked a billion. This is by far my favorite pin of all time. In fact, after setting my personal all time high, Creech proceeded to destroy me the rest of the day. Just another reason it’s my fave of all time!

#2355 5 years ago

Well, I did it. I bought a new PPS Hologram, and boy, am I glad I did. I like the hologram for this game. It's gimmicky - but then again - who cares? One of the underlying themes of this game is that it is "3-D!!!!!!!!", and holograms were all about that back in the day.

LCD mods are cool, and I understand why some want that. I did for a while, but the more I played my CFTBL and saw that "not so good cheap imitation" hologram, I just wanted to make that upgrade before PPS runs out. So, yep, I did it.

Here's my old hologram, whic I'll prolly put up FS soon:

20180202_000413 (resized).jpg20180202_000413 (resized).jpg

And here is my new hologram:

Needless to say, I'm pleased with the new hologram!!

#2356 5 years ago

sufficed to say, the hologram that you replaced does not appear to be the original hologram supplied by bally, but rather one of the other reproduction holograms

#2357 5 years ago

I find myself with a busted plastic. It's the really long thin one that goes up the left side of the left ramp shot. Anybody know of a source for CFTBL plastics by piece? or am I hosed into buying a full set, if I can even find one?

#2358 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I find myself with a busted plastic. It's the really long thin one that goes up the left side of the left ramp shot. Anybody know of a source for CFTBL plastics by piece? or am I hosed into buying a full set, if I can even find one?

It looks like BAA sells individual ones. You'll have to check if they have the one you need.

#2359 5 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

It looks like BAA sells individual ones. You'll have to check if they have the one you need.

Thanks. It's this one (OOS, doh): http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-CFTBL31-1698-23

#2360 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Well, I did it. I bought a new PPS Hologram

Yep I bought one for a spare as well although my original is still really nice.

#2361 5 years ago
Quoted from Mark000:

Yep I bought one for a spare as well although my original is still really nice.

you and me both 500 hurts but doesn't it

#2362 5 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

you and me both 500 hurts but doesn't it

Yeah but its my Grail Pin

#2363 5 years ago

can anyone tell me when lights around centre ramp are meant to flash . not sure mine working properly

#2364 5 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

can anyone tell me when lights around centre ramp are meant to flash . not sure mine working properly

attract mode and multiball

#2365 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

attract mode and multiball

they're not . the hunt begins...…...

#2366 5 years ago

the first place that I would check is the chase lamp board. could be a bad transistor

#2367 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Anytime I don't see an MRS on the bowl - I weep (that's because I created it...but that's besides the point)

Where do you put the reed switch? Pic please

#2368 5 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

they're not . the hunt begins...…...

Quoted from j_m_:

the first place that I would check is the chase lamp board. could be a bad transistor

The chase lamp board has its own fuse also.

#2369 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Where do you put the reed switch? Pic please

Look at post #1042 for a pic

2 weeks later
#2370 5 years ago

Hi all. Not sure if you have them over there but we are making up some caddy toppers with custom lighting...should look.awesome.
Will post up end results.

20190225_151123 (resized).jpg20190225_151123 (resized).jpg20190225_174540 (resized).jpg20190225_174540 (resized).jpg20190225_114640 (resized).jpg20190225_114640 (resized).jpg
#2371 5 years ago

Pink Caddy! Looks great!

#2372 5 years ago

Wow! That’s awesome. I’m not really a topper guy, but that makes me want to be!

1 week later
#2373 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all. Not sure if you have them over there but we are making up some caddy toppers with custom lighting...should look.awesome.
Will post up end results.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Super-cool!

#2374 5 years ago

couple more pics

20190302_074752 (resized).jpg20190302_074752 (resized).jpg20190302_085626 (resized).jpg20190302_085626 (resized).jpg20190303_145055 (resized).jpg20190303_145055 (resized).jpg20190310_155202 (resized).jpg20190310_155202 (resized).jpg
#2375 5 years ago

nice work on the topper

#2376 5 years ago

Great job on the topper mate - looks awesome!

#2378 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Jady's killer snackbar mod w pink el...Very, very nice!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where'd you buy this beautiful mod?

Picking up mine next friday. I'm really excited, loving this fine machine, it's on the top of my list (just below twilight zone).

1 week later
#2379 5 years ago

Well, I picked up mine. It's a player's pin which smell like a cigarette factory. But it will be a perfect start for a shopjob. Cabinet is good with minimal fading, only the front decal needs to be replaced. Playfield is good, snackbar scoop with minimal wear. The "FILM" has some wear but if I airbrush the blacks it's all good in that area. Ramps are worn but usable and will be replaced. Plastics are okay but will be replaced.

Short term list:
- LED's (did 90% already)
- Rubbers (standard treatment)
- Scoop protectors
- new starposts
- trough lighting
- flipper button light-a-matics (TM)
- popbumpers lighting (why doesn't this have been done by Bally is a mistery to me)
- renew popbumpers, flippers and flipperassemblies
- button battery (done)
- PDI glass (done)
- SmartDMD (green)
- mirror blades

Long term list: (machine will be restored)
- clearcoat and touchup the playfield
- new ramps
- new plastics
- cabinet decals
- better speakers
- new legs
- new siderails

cr1 (resized).jpgcr1 (resized).jpgcr2 (resized).jpgcr2 (resized).jpgcr3 (resized).jpgcr3 (resized).jpg
#2380 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

MRS? Is that the leafless switch mod you're talking about?

#2381 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

MRS? Is that the leafless switch mod you're talking about?

Oh but it is......magnetic reed switch

#2382 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Oh but it is......magnetic reed switch

I'm sure you've got a link somewhere.....

#2383 5 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

I'm sure you've got a link somewhere.....

So therein lies the problem - the original WMS MRS' have become unobtanium over the last few years....I don't know anyone that has them short of private parties.....https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-10293

#2384 5 years ago

That is a lot of light wash-out. Creature is the only pin I have that is all incandescents--IMO it looks much better and the light features work 100% better with them. The photos you posted reinforced my opinion--but it is just my opinion.

#2385 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

So therein lies the problem - the original WMS MRS' have become unobtanium over the last few years....I don't know anyone that has them short of private parties.....https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-10293

about the only way you're going to find them is to find a completely trashed game that's been parted out and salvage them
the magnetic reed switch(es) that were used in the following b/w games:
cactus canyon (5)
cirqus voltaire (1)
nba fastbreak (7)
no good gofers (5)
revenge from mars (3)
safe cracker (3)
star wars: episode 1 (2)

given that cactus canyon (903 made), nba fastbreak (4414 made) and no good gofers (2711 made) used as many as they did for each machine, I'm really surprised that this part hasn't been reproduced by now

#2386 5 years ago

If folks can be patient - and my partner is going to kill me - just wait a big longer and your wish will be reality.....it just takes time...

#2387 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

If folks can be patient - and my partner is going to kill me - just wait a big longer and your wish will be reality.....it just takes time...

Now that sounds interesting!

#2388 5 years ago

Picked up a TV mod for my Creech but will be a while before going in as I have just started a deep clean. Next will be a PinSound and I am working on my own speaker panel LED mod.

20190204_122856 (resized).jpg20190204_122856 (resized).jpg
#2389 5 years ago

Cleaning time

creech lockabar 1 (resized).jpgcreech lockabar 1 (resized).jpgcreech lockbar 2 (resized).jpgcreech lockbar 2 (resized).jpg
#2390 5 years ago

I'll be interested to see the results of your clean up on that nasty transformer. here's how mine turned out

I completely stripped it and soaked the brackets to remove all of the old varnish. replaced the screws and nylon insulators with new ones and wire brushed the transformer block and masked it all off before repainting it
transformer (resized).jpgtransformer (resized).jpg

pinball life sells the nylon insulators:
https://www.pinballlife.com/ballywilliams-transformer-screw-insulator.html

I don't remember the size of the 4 screws off hand

#2391 5 years ago

Anyone have a tail light mod they want to get rid of? Or if you know where to get one please Let me know. Thanks.

#2392 5 years ago

Hey guys, I picked up this mod in Texas over the weekend. Don't have a clue what it is or how it works or what it hooks up to other than the obvious. Anyone have this? Has anyone hooked this up before? It looks all there. I'm sure I can figure it out but it would be awesome if someone has some installation instructions they could share with me. Thanks!

47423052942_0a8c6c8ec4_k (resized).jpg47423052942_0a8c6c8ec4_k (resized).jpg47475944991_a0e08fc738_k (resized).jpg47475944991_a0e08fc738_k (resized).jpg
#2393 5 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Hey guys, I picked up this mod in Texas over the weekend. Don't have a clue what it is or how it works or what it hooks up to other than the obvious. Anyone have this? Has anyone hooked this up before? It looks all there. I'm sure I can figure it out but it would be awesome if someone has some installation instructions they could share with me. Thanks!

Haven't seen one like this before, but looks pretty straight forward - 2 power connections (one for the LCD and one for the Neon controller) and looks like there is something written on the blue labels for each of those connectors. Can you tell us what they say? The header connector will supply the power to the LCD but interested as to the wire orientation - can you take a photo of the which pins are being used? Believe they are powering the unit via the programming port (using one side of the 10 pin header) - see below ... so I'm assuming the connector will have red (5V) going to pin 1 and black (Gnd) going to pin 4 - right??

Once you have it running, I'd be interested in seeing a video of the image they are displaying

4dsystems (resized).PNG4dsystems (resized).PNG
#2394 5 years ago

that looks like the movie poster mod that I helped swinks (jady) develop. I believe that he sold the rights to sparky, who ended up producing and selling it. the plug coming from the inverter for the EL wire needs to be 12v and the connection to the display panel itself requires a 5v connection.

#2395 5 years ago

Need help with a Triac question for the Triac boards:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-triac-board-question-a-13088-2

I need to replace the Triac on this board and I need to know if some Triacs I purchased recently will work for this. The manual calls for Triac ISL, 400V and 10 amp (currently installed is 220I-10D).

I have BT138-600E Triac, 600V 12 amp.

It looks like these would make perfect replacements, but I wanted to just double check with someone who knows for sure.

Also, where does one find the heatsink for one of these boards?

Thx,

Rob

IMG_8309 (resized).jpgIMG_8309 (resized).jpg
#2396 5 years ago

this is a movie poster mod.

I developed the initial idea / mod and j_m_ helped me with the programming. After much developing decided to can the project as I would of had to modify a 4dsystems screen which would of canned the warranty of the screen and wasn't happy in doing this. I had about 25-30 people on my list and Sparky offered to help and do his version in which he kindly gave me a $10USD commission for each one sold limited to the 25-30 people. Sparky's design was a little different to mine as was a bigger screen in a different location but still a 4dsystem screen.

head to this link for my design and manual which has the program and I still have the files but it looks like you have the sd card in there so it should work. 5vdc to the screen and 12vdc to the el wire inverter
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-creature-movie-poster-mod/page/3

and sparky's is here posted by someone else
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-lcd-movie-poster-mod-installed#post-2988571

and go to the end of the second thread and there is a video by pinballsupernova who normally puts together a nice install video, step by step, and you should be right to go

#2397 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

this is a movie poster mod.
I developed the initial idea / mod and j_m_ helped me with the programming. After much developing decided to can the project as I would of had to modify a 4dsystems screen which would of canned the warranty of the screen and wasn't happy in doing this. I had about 25-30 people on my list and sparky offered to help and do his version in which he kindly gave me a $10USD commission for each one sold limited to the 25-30 people. Sparky's design was a little different to mine as was a bigger screen in a different location but still a 4dsystem screen.
head to this link for my design and manual which has the program and I still have the files but it looks like you have the sd card in there so it should work. 5vdc to the screen and 12vdc to the el wire inverter
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-creature-movie-poster-mod/page/3
and sparky's is here posted by someone else
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-lcd-movie-poster-mod-installed#post-2988571
and go to the end of the second thread and there is a video by pinballsupernova who normally puts together a nice install video, step by step, and you should be right to go

Thanks for your reply's guys! Cool mod! I can't wait to hook it up. I'll post pics and videos and such. The guy at the Texas pinball festival I bought it from had no idea what it did. He had a ton of mods for games. I got it for $20 bucks so I thought I could not go wrong there! Thanks again all!

#2398 5 years ago

Thanks for your reply's guys! Cool mod! I can't wait to hook it up. I'll post pics and videos and such. The guy at the Texas pinball festival I bought it from had no idea what it did. He had a ton of mods for games. I got it for $20 bucks so I thought I could not go wrong there! Thanks again all!

that's a bargain as pretty sure when new they were about $125USD

#2399 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

that's a bargain as pretty sure when new they were about $125USD

I thought it was kinda cheap for what it was! I'll get it hooked up and post up. Nice mod for sure!

#2400 5 years ago

I thought it was kinda cheap for what it was! I'll get it hooked up and post up. Nice mod for sure!

You got a great deal on this mod that was created by Sparky Pinball. I have attached a few photos of mine installed on my CFTBL as well as a PDF containing installation instructions.

Gord

DSCN0095 (resized).JPGDSCN0095 (resized).JPG
DSCN0096 (resized).JPGDSCN0096 (resized).JPG
DSCN0097 (resized).JPGDSCN0097 (resized).JPG
DSCN0103 (resized).JPGDSCN0103 (resized).JPG
DSCN0133 (resized).JPGDSCN0133 (resized).JPG
DSCN0134 (resized).JPGDSCN0134 (resized).JPG
CFTBL Movie Poster Mod.pdfCFTBL Movie Poster Mod.pdf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 24.00
$ 9.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 5,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/48?hl=snoogans138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.