Topic Stats

• 2,289 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by manadams
  • Topic is favorited by 151 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 730 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Buckets-03_820x (resized).jpg
5BB892F1-DE23-444F-8375-742054C6C9D9 (resized).jpeg
518AF7FB-BFCD-4F38-98F4-0A577439463A (resized).jpeg
74A1BC5E-5F1E-4A2A-9406-023BADBB2047 (resized).jpeg
Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Free Play2. Mikonos2.jpg
Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Free Play2. Mikonos1.jpg
Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos3.jpg
Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos2.jpg
Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos1.jpg
Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos2.jpg
Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos1.jpg
20181023_160348 (resized).jpg
20181023_160306 (resized).jpg
20181023_160314 (resized).jpg
20181023_155052 (resized).jpg
20181023_155105 (resized).jpg

There are 2289 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 46.
#2251 45 days ago

Let´s go with another scanned (300 dpi) and restored artworks from pinball machine: Time for translite!

"Creature From The Black Lagoon Pinball translite" (BALLY) scanned at 300 dpi and restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon.%20Restored%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Creature From The Black Lagoon translite" for BALLY pinball. Scanned at 300 dpi and restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon.%20Restored%20Mikonos2.jpg
Creature From The Black Lagoon. Restored Mikonos1.jpgCreature From The Black Lagoon. Restored Mikonos2.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#2252 45 days ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Let´s go with another scanned (300 dpi) and restored artworks from pinball machine: Time for translite!
"Creature From The Black Lagoon Pinball translite" (BALLY) scanned at 300 dpi and restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon.%20Restored%20Mikonos1.jpg
Details in "Creature From The Black Lagoon translite" for BALLY pinball. Scanned at 300 dpi and restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon.%20Restored%20Mikonos2.jpg
[quoted image][quoted image]
*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.
Regards

Sorry I see these posts everywhere and never understand. Im slow. Are you selling these or just scanning them?? Is this licensed work or just showing you can do it. Do you have a website?

#2253 45 days ago

Yes, I have a website about pinball and arcade hobbies for fans. You can see it with my nick in screencaptures. I wrote/write tutorials, videotutoriales, manufacturings, etc. All about these hobbies!

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net

I do it for challenge, for entertaiment, for preservation and for helping some people. I explained it here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos

Regards

#2254 45 days ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Yes, I have a website about pinball and arcade hobbies for fans. You can see it with my nick in screencaptures. I wrote/write tutorials, videotutoriales, manufacturings, etc. All about these hobbies!
https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net
I do it for challenge, for entertaiment, for preservation and for helping some people. I explaned it here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos
Regards

So then I guess I do understand. From what you provided you do not offer these for sale. You do not make or share them with others. So why do you promote these on each game thread then? To show you can scan others art work? Seems like someone Else was the artist no?

#2255 45 days ago

Thanks for asking!

Sharing my restoration results, customizations and more gimme the possibility to get feedback, opinions, improvement suggestions and new challenges.

Regards

#2256 45 days ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Thanks for asking!
Share my restoration gimme the possibility to get feedback, opinions, improvement suggestions and new challenges.
Regards

IF I understand you. Yes, I suspect if you shared your creations people would provide feedback and suggestions. I think thats what you are saying anyway.

#2257 43 days ago

I just finished updating my v2.0 Snack Bar to a v2.5 Snack Bar with Swink's latest mod. After trying out Red, Green, Ice Blue, and Purple Comet LED strips I settled on purple. As with all of Jady's mods this one is well made and a snap to install. I'm really happy with the update. I just wanted to say a big thank you to Jady for continuing to provide awesome enhancements to an awesome game!

IMG_9665 (resized).JPGIMG_9667 (resized).JPGIMG_9670 (resized).JPG
#2258 43 days ago

thanks heaps for sharing your feedback n4297m and glad you like the mod enhancement, your game looks sweet and shiny - nice work.

amber is another suitable colour but light purple is my other preferred colour, enjoy

#2259 43 days ago

to help the guys contemplating getting a Snack Bar signage upgrade kit

Some people have contacted me asking what version Snackbar mod they have, as they may have bought the Snackbar mod that has been sold on from someone that removed the mod or upgraded their mod or they bought the game with it in it. The easiest way to tell the difference between v1 or v2 is count the number of screws on the top of the mod.
v1 - has 5 screws
v2 - has 2 screws

#2260 43 days ago

If anyone is looking to sell a Creech within a few hours drive of southwest Michigan shoot me a message. Prefer to pick up in person but may consider shipping.

rob

#2261 43 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

to help the guys contemplating getting a Snack Bar signage upgrade kit
Some people have contacted me asking what version Snackbar mod they have, as they may have bought the Snackbar mod that has been sold on from someone that removed the mod or upgraded their mod or they bought the game with it in it. The easiest way to tell the difference between v1 or v2 is count the number of screws on the top of the mod.
v1 - has 5 screws
v2 - has 2 screws

Thanks for assistance...Parts ordered...Looks great!!!...mark

#2262 43 days ago

Just coated a game in a killer metallic green thats look great on a creature. I think I might change mine over or if anyones interested. Game this color was for is ghost busters but it called to me on creech

20181023_155052 (resized).jpg20181023_155105 (resized).jpg20181023_160304 (resized).jpg20181023_160306 (resized).jpg20181023_160314 (resized).jpg20181023_160348 (resized).jpg20181023_160500 (resized).jpg
#2263 43 days ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Just coated a game in a killer metallic green thats look great on a creature. I think I might change mine over or if anyones interested. Game this color was for is ghost busters but it called to me on creech
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is beautiful, the green came so nice.

1 week later
#2264 30 days ago

Just finished upgrading swinks snackbar mod....stunning!!!! great fit, finish, and overall quality to this one...went w purple, so no need for pics (looks like the one previously posted)...THANK YOU...for this great mod!!!!!...mark

#2265 30 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just finished upgrading swinks snackbar mod....stunning!!!! great fit, finish, and overall quality to this one...went w purple, so no need for pics (looks like the one previously posted)...THANK YOU...for this great mod!!!!!...mark

awesome to hear, glad you like it

#2266 29 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

IF I understand you. Yes, I suspect if you shared your creations people would provide feedback and suggestions. I think thats what you are saying anyway.

and business.

I explained it long time ago here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos#post-3998261

Regards

#2267 29 days ago

Sooo got to the video mode last night by accident.....didn't even know the game had one!!!! This is an "A lister" in my books

#2268 27 days ago

I designed a serie of custom cards for this pinball because a user´s request. I will show them. If you have opinions and improvement suggestions, they are welcome!

I will tell you a obvious story with first and second card form this serie. Here is first:

I hope you like!

"Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (BALLY). Designed by Mikonos.
[IMG=Creature From The Black Lagoon%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (BALLY). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos2.jpg
Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos1.jpgCreature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos2.jpg

Regards

#2269 27 days ago

... and second part of this story:

"Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (BALLY). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (BALLY). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos2.jpg

Details in "Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (BALLY). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos3.jpg
Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos1.jpgCreature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos2.jpgCreature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos3.jpg

Regards

#2270 27 days ago

wow! I love the art style for the 2nd card

a couple of comments though. I think that it would look better without the universal monsters logo (which is already on the apron) and the 'number 1' triangle. you've already got a "premiere issue" explosion, so both the 'number 1' and monsters logos are just a bit redundant (especially with it being right next to each other

maybe slide the creature over a bit more to the left and slide the bally logo up to take the place of the universal monsters logo?

if you could do something in a similar art style for the left side card with the rules/instructions, I would definitely like to purchase a set of these from you

#2271 27 days ago

Hi j_m_!

Thanks for your feedback! I inspired in a real flyer from 60´s, both elements "Premiere Issue" and "Number 1" was in original. In fact I took them without modification, but size.

About logos, I like to add original firms from companys involved in a concrete pinball. It is part of my card style for "Crew, Free Play, Price, Promotional and Score" cards. Except Rules/instruction cards, I add them in rest of the card all time. In fact, I document myself with original logos, year and more details to be precise with them.

I will try with a new rules card in this style ahead.

I have a unreleased "Crew" card with a "green flyer papper". I thought it was funny to simulate it playing with creature colour.

Thanks for your positive feedback, you have my positive vote!

Best regards!

#2272 27 days ago

The last couple sessions I played Creature, I found it to be pretty dang hard. My game is setup factory, with a not very steep angle to it. I even have extra balls on, which many of my games do not. It kicks my butt every time, I'm always fighting and fearing drains moreso than other games. I see others post 800 million or so on other machines but mine 300 is a very good score. I'm an experienced player with great ball control(IMO), I guess perhaps shot misses are punished much more with the wide outlanes and flipper gap?

Either way, still love the game after 3 years of ownership.

Fail of the day: 2 balls on the flipper, super jackpot lit. Drain both within .1 seconds of each other and of course, no super jackpot.

#2273 27 days ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Fail of the day: 2 balls on the flipper, super jackpot lit. Drain both within .1 seconds of each other and of course, no super jackpot.

FOCUS!

#2274 27 days ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Stay cool daddyo!

#2275 27 days ago

I did indeed collect my 500,000 for FOCUS, so that's a win!

1 week later
#2276 19 days ago

I this was my last design for a "Free Play" Card.

"Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (BALLY). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play2.%20Mikonos1.jpg
Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Free Play2. Mikonos1.jpg
Details in "Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (BALLY). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play2.%20Mikonos2.jpg
Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Free Play2. Mikonos2.jpg

Regards

#2277 16 days ago

looking good i would try to minimize the small detail text, usually once printed text of that size is hard to read and somewhat useless?

#2278 16 days ago

Finally got my cup love it

518AF7FB-BFCD-4F38-98F4-0A577439463A (resized).jpeg5BB892F1-DE23-444F-8375-742054C6C9D9 (resized).jpeg74A1BC5E-5F1E-4A2A-9406-023BADBB2047 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2279 4 days ago

Anyone think this could potentially be a cool topper for the Creech? Just put a couple of screws through the top

Buckets-03_820x (resized).jpg
#2280 4 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Anyone think this could potentially be a cool topper for the Creech? Just put a couple of screws through the top
[quoted image]

No,dont do it.

#2281 4 days ago

Omg! Please don't

#2282 4 days ago

Only if you have a leak in your roof above the game.

#2283 4 days ago

Hilarious answers! No I'm not actually doing that with mine, I have the "Admit One" Ticket that was a custom topper for Funhouse I believe but I think the ticket idea works for the drive in too

#2284 3 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Finally got my cup love it [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

gorgar1 The green looks fantastic,but if I may say , look at getting a B/W coin door.The game deserves it.

#2285 3 days ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

gorgar1 The green looks fantastic,but if I may say , look at getting a B/W coin door.The game deserves it.

Lol I didn’t know I didn’t have a B/W Door purchased it like this

#2286 3 days ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

gorgar1 It is a B/W coin door as they had various door suppliers and models - this one was used for certain countries. Here are the part numbers and which countries they went to specifically for Creech

B/W# 09-45000-1 Belgium
B/W# 09-45000-2 England
B/W# 09-45000-3 France

http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_Grey_16-9562-A/index.html#/624

#2287 12 hours ago

Looking at purchasing a Creature. Can someone explain the hologram to me, did this come with the machine originally and they just wear out or are they a mod that someone adds to it?

#2288 11 hours ago
Quoted from manadams:

Looking at purchasing a Creature. Can someone explain the hologram to me, did this come with the machine originally and they just wear out or are they a mod that someone adds to it?

One of the games unique stock features was a 3D hologram of the creature the activates during mode. Unfortunately the hologram in time would slowly fade to blue (Creech not cool in blue...) and eventually black as the image dies. A few have made a mod that basically replicates the basic effect using a monitor to replace the old hologram image piece. While not 3D like the original it does add additional animation effects which adds value though this mod seems very hard to find. Planetary Pinball still sells repro original holograms though expensive and I can’t vouch for their longevity. Hope this answers your questions.

#2289 11 hours ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

One of the games unique stock features was a 3D hologram of the creature the activates during mode. Unfortunately the hologram in time would slowly fade to blue (Creech not cool in blue...) and eventually black as the image dies. A few have made a mod that basically replicates the basic effect using a monitor to replace the old hologram image piece. While not 3D like the original it does add additional animation effects which adds value though this mod seems very hard to find. Planetary Pinball still sells repro original holograms though expensive and I can’t vouch for their longevity. Hope this answers your questions.

Very informative, thank you!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DBC Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
Boards
PinSound
10,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2289 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 46.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside