Topic Stats

• 2,404 posts
  • 301 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Snoogans138
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 777 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

99649E35-E0CD-4006-963D-8ADC14DB1B5D (resized).jpeg
CFTBL Movie Poster Mod.pdf (PDF preview)
DSCN0095 (resized).JPG
DSCN0096 (resized).JPG
DSCN0097 (resized).JPG
DSCN0103 (resized).JPG
DSCN0133 (resized).JPG
DSCN0134 (resized).JPG
IMG_8309 (resized).jpg
4dsystems (resized).PNG
47423052942_0a8c6c8ec4_k (resized).jpg
47475944991_a0e08fc738_k (resized).jpg
transformer (resized).jpg
creech lockabar 1 (resized).jpg
creech lockbar 2 (resized).jpg
20190204_122856 (resized).jpg

There are 2404 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 49.
#2251 5 months ago

Let´s go with another scanned (300 dpi) and restored artworks from pinball machine: Time for translite!

"Creature From The Black Lagoon Pinball translite" (BALLY) scanned at 300 dpi and restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon.%20Restored%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Creature From The Black Lagoon translite" for BALLY pinball. Scanned at 300 dpi and restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon.%20Restored%20Mikonos2.jpg
Creature From The Black Lagoon. Restored Mikonos1.jpgCreature From The Black Lagoon. Restored Mikonos2.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#2252 5 months ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Let´s go with another scanned (300 dpi) and restored artworks from pinball machine: Time for translite!
"Creature From The Black Lagoon Pinball translite" (BALLY) scanned at 300 dpi and restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon.%20Restored%20Mikonos1.jpg
Details in "Creature From The Black Lagoon translite" for BALLY pinball. Scanned at 300 dpi and restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon.%20Restored%20Mikonos2.jpg
[quoted image][quoted image]
*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.
Regards

Sorry I see these posts everywhere and never understand. Im slow. Are you selling these or just scanning them?? Is this licensed work or just showing you can do it. Do you have a website?

#2253 5 months ago

Yes, I have a website about pinball and arcade hobbies for fans. You can see it with my nick in screencaptures. I wrote/write tutorials, videotutoriales, manufacturings, etc. All about these hobbies!

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net

I do it for challenge, for entertaiment, for preservation and for helping some people. I explained it here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos

Regards

#2254 5 months ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Yes, I have a website about pinball and arcade hobbies for fans. You can see it with my nick in screencaptures. I wrote/write tutorials, videotutoriales, manufacturings, etc. All about these hobbies!
https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net
I do it for challenge, for entertaiment, for preservation and for helping some people. I explaned it here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos
Regards

So then I guess I do understand. From what you provided you do not offer these for sale. You do not make or share them with others. So why do you promote these on each game thread then? To show you can scan others art work? Seems like someone Else was the artist no?

#2255 5 months ago

Thanks for asking!

Sharing my restoration results, customizations and more gimme the possibility to get feedback, opinions, improvement suggestions and new challenges.

Regards

#2256 5 months ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Thanks for asking!
Share my restoration gimme the possibility to get feedback, opinions, improvement suggestions and new challenges.
Regards

IF I understand you. Yes, I suspect if you shared your creations people would provide feedback and suggestions. I think thats what you are saying anyway.

#2257 5 months ago

I just finished updating my v2.0 Snack Bar to a v2.5 Snack Bar with Swink's latest mod. After trying out Red, Green, Ice Blue, and Purple Comet LED strips I settled on purple. As with all of Jady's mods this one is well made and a snap to install. I'm really happy with the update. I just wanted to say a big thank you to Jady for continuing to provide awesome enhancements to an awesome game!

IMG_9665 (resized).JPGIMG_9667 (resized).JPGIMG_9670 (resized).JPG
#2258 5 months ago

thanks heaps for sharing your feedback n4297m and glad you like the mod enhancement, your game looks sweet and shiny - nice work.

amber is another suitable colour but light purple is my other preferred colour, enjoy

#2259 5 months ago

to help the guys contemplating getting a Snack Bar signage upgrade kit

Some people have contacted me asking what version Snackbar mod they have, as they may have bought the Snackbar mod that has been sold on from someone that removed the mod or upgraded their mod or they bought the game with it in it. The easiest way to tell the difference between v1 or v2 is count the number of screws on the top of the mod.
v1 - has 5 screws
v2 - has 2 screws

#2260 5 months ago

If anyone is looking to sell a Creech within a few hours drive of southwest Michigan shoot me a message. Prefer to pick up in person but may consider shipping.

rob

#2261 5 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

to help the guys contemplating getting a Snack Bar signage upgrade kit
Some people have contacted me asking what version Snackbar mod they have, as they may have bought the Snackbar mod that has been sold on from someone that removed the mod or upgraded their mod or they bought the game with it in it. The easiest way to tell the difference between v1 or v2 is count the number of screws on the top of the mod.
v1 - has 5 screws
v2 - has 2 screws

Thanks for assistance...Parts ordered...Looks great!!!...mark

#2262 5 months ago

Just coated a game in a killer metallic green thats look great on a creature. I think I might change mine over or if anyones interested. Game this color was for is ghost busters but it called to me on creech

20181023_155052 (resized).jpg20181023_155105 (resized).jpg20181023_160304 (resized).jpg20181023_160306 (resized).jpg20181023_160314 (resized).jpg20181023_160348 (resized).jpg20181023_160500 (resized).jpg
#2263 5 months ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Just coated a game in a killer metallic green thats look great on a creature. I think I might change mine over or if anyones interested. Game this color was for is ghost busters but it called to me on creech
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is beautiful, the green came so nice.

1 week later
#2264 5 months ago

Just finished upgrading swinks snackbar mod....stunning!!!! great fit, finish, and overall quality to this one...went w purple, so no need for pics (looks like the one previously posted)...THANK YOU...for this great mod!!!!!...mark

#2265 5 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just finished upgrading swinks snackbar mod....stunning!!!! great fit, finish, and overall quality to this one...went w purple, so no need for pics (looks like the one previously posted)...THANK YOU...for this great mod!!!!!...mark

awesome to hear, glad you like it

#2266 5 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

IF I understand you. Yes, I suspect if you shared your creations people would provide feedback and suggestions. I think thats what you are saying anyway.

and business.

I explained it long time ago here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos#post-3998261

Regards

#2267 5 months ago

Sooo got to the video mode last night by accident.....didn't even know the game had one!!!! This is an "A lister" in my books

#2268 5 months ago

I designed a serie of custom cards for this pinball because a user´s request. I will show them. If you have opinions and improvement suggestions, they are welcome!

I will tell you a obvious story with first and second card form this serie. Here is first:

I hope you like!

"Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (BALLY). Designed by Mikonos.
[IMG=Creature From The Black Lagoon%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (BALLY). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos2.jpg
Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos1.jpgCreature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos2.jpg

Regards

#2269 5 months ago

... and second part of this story:

"Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (BALLY). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (BALLY). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos2.jpg

Details in "Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (BALLY). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos3.jpg
Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos1.jpgCreature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos2.jpgCreature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos3.jpg

Regards

#2270 5 months ago

wow! I love the art style for the 2nd card

a couple of comments though. I think that it would look better without the universal monsters logo (which is already on the apron) and the 'number 1' triangle. you've already got a "premiere issue" explosion, so both the 'number 1' and monsters logos are just a bit redundant (especially with it being right next to each other

maybe slide the creature over a bit more to the left and slide the bally logo up to take the place of the universal monsters logo?

if you could do something in a similar art style for the left side card with the rules/instructions, I would definitely like to purchase a set of these from you

#2271 5 months ago

Hi j_m_!

Thanks for your feedback! I inspired in a real flyer from 60´s, both elements "Premiere Issue" and "Number 1" was in original. In fact I took them without modification, but size.

About logos, I like to add original firms from companys involved in a concrete pinball. It is part of my card style for "Crew, Free Play, Price, Promotional and Score" cards. Except Rules/instruction cards, I add them in rest of the card all time. In fact, I document myself with original logos, year and more details to be precise with them.

I will try with a new rules card in this style ahead.

I have a unreleased "Crew" card with a "green flyer papper". I thought it was funny to simulate it playing with creature colour.

Thanks for your positive feedback, you have my positive vote!

Best regards!

#2272 5 months ago

The last couple sessions I played Creature, I found it to be pretty dang hard. My game is setup factory, with a not very steep angle to it. I even have extra balls on, which many of my games do not. It kicks my butt every time, I'm always fighting and fearing drains moreso than other games. I see others post 800 million or so on other machines but mine 300 is a very good score. I'm an experienced player with great ball control(IMO), I guess perhaps shot misses are punished much more with the wide outlanes and flipper gap?

Either way, still love the game after 3 years of ownership.

Fail of the day: 2 balls on the flipper, super jackpot lit. Drain both within .1 seconds of each other and of course, no super jackpot.

#2273 5 months ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Fail of the day: 2 balls on the flipper, super jackpot lit. Drain both within .1 seconds of each other and of course, no super jackpot.

FOCUS!

#2274 5 months ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Stay cool daddyo!

#2275 5 months ago

I did indeed collect my 500,000 for FOCUS, so that's a win!

1 week later
#2276 4 months ago

I this was my last design for a "Free Play" Card.

"Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (BALLY). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play2.%20Mikonos1.jpg
Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Free Play2. Mikonos1.jpg
Details in "Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (BALLY). Designed by Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Creature%20From%20The%20Black%20Lagoon%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play2.%20Mikonos2.jpg
Creature From The Black Lagoon Custom Pinball Card - Free Play2. Mikonos2.jpg

Regards

#2277 4 months ago

looking good i would try to minimize the small detail text, usually once printed text of that size is hard to read and somewhat useless?

#2278 4 months ago

Finally got my cup love it

518AF7FB-BFCD-4F38-98F4-0A577439463A (resized).jpeg5BB892F1-DE23-444F-8375-742054C6C9D9 (resized).jpeg74A1BC5E-5F1E-4A2A-9406-023BADBB2047 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2279 4 months ago

Anyone think this could potentially be a cool topper for the Creech? Just put a couple of screws through the top

Buckets-03_820x (resized).jpg
#2280 4 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Anyone think this could potentially be a cool topper for the Creech? Just put a couple of screws through the top
[quoted image]

No,dont do it.

#2281 4 months ago

Omg! Please don't

#2282 4 months ago

Only if you have a leak in your roof above the game.

#2283 4 months ago

Hilarious answers! No I'm not actually doing that with mine, I have the "Admit One" Ticket that was a custom topper for Funhouse I believe but I think the ticket idea works for the drive in too

#2284 4 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Finally got my cup love it [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

gorgar1 The green looks fantastic,but if I may say , look at getting a B/W coin door.The game deserves it.

#2285 4 months ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

gorgar1 The green looks fantastic,but if I may say , look at getting a B/W coin door.The game deserves it.

Lol I didn’t know I didn’t have a B/W Door purchased it like this

#2286 4 months ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

gorgar1 It is a B/W coin door as they had various door suppliers and models - this one was used for certain countries. Here are the part numbers and which countries they went to specifically for Creech

B/W# 09-45000-1 Belgium
B/W# 09-45000-2 England
B/W# 09-45000-3 France

http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_Grey_16-9562-A/index.html#/624

#2287 4 months ago

Looking at purchasing a Creature. Can someone explain the hologram to me, did this come with the machine originally and they just wear out or are they a mod that someone adds to it?

#2288 4 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Looking at purchasing a Creature. Can someone explain the hologram to me, did this come with the machine originally and they just wear out or are they a mod that someone adds to it?

One of the games unique stock features was a 3D hologram of the creature the activates during mode. Unfortunately the hologram in time would slowly fade to blue (Creech not cool in blue...) and eventually black as the image dies. A few have made a mod that basically replicates the basic effect using a monitor to replace the old hologram image piece. While not 3D like the original it does add additional animation effects which adds value though this mod seems very hard to find. Planetary Pinball still sells repro original holograms though expensive and I can’t vouch for their longevity. Hope this answers your questions.

#2289 4 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

One of the games unique stock features was a 3D hologram of the creature the activates during mode. Unfortunately the hologram in time would slowly fade to blue (Creech not cool in blue...) and eventually black as the image dies. A few have made a mod that basically replicates the basic effect using a monitor to replace the old hologram image piece. While not 3D like the original it does add additional animation effects which adds value though this mod seems very hard to find. Planetary Pinball still sells repro original holograms though expensive and I can’t vouch for their longevity. Hope this answers your questions.

Very informative, thank you!!!

#2290 4 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

I will add to this that not all factory original holograms exhibited this issue. some believe that it had to do with exposure to sunlight.

there have been no less than 3 reproduction hologram or hologram like replacement products which fit into the metal carrier of the original hologram.
- IPC's hologram (illinois pinball company). many people reported that this one was not produced correctly and all of these holograms turned to red and then to all black quickly. additionally, many of these appeared to have horizontal computer ribbon printer banding throughout the image.
- IPC's lenticular [mess]. this was produced as an "on the cheap" solution that functioned like the original tron and avatar 3D translites, but didn't even feature an authentic image of the creature (if I can find a photo of it again, I will post it since it was rather humorous looking
- pinball dreams officially licensed hologram. these were re-produced from scratch about 2-3 years ago with a new model being crafted instead of using the original or the japanese garage kit that it was crafted from and making a new hologram glass [master]. additionally, both the angle that the model was captured at and the additional [closer] claw were not implemented, making the finished product look a bit different than the original. however, this was the best non-original [hologram] solution produced to date

pinballmiked produced a raspberry pi product about 5-6 years ago that replaced the hologram carrier and oscillating mirror with an LCD flat panel monitor and many video clips utilizing original movie footage and newly created computer generated imagery

edit:
removed line indicating that PPS is sold out

#2291 4 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I will add to this that not all factory original holograms exhibited this issue. some believe that it had to do with exposure to sunlight.
there have been no less than 3 reproduction hologram or hologram like replacement products which fit into the metal carrier of the original hologram.
- IPC's hologram (illinois pinball company). many people reported that this one was not produced correctly and all of these holograms turned to red and then to all black quickly. additionally, many of these appeared to have horizontal computer ribbon printer banding throughout the image.
- IPC's lenticular [mess]. this was produced as an "on the cheap" solution that functioned like the original tron and avatar 3D translites, but didn't even feature an authentic image of the creature (if I can find a photo of it again, I will post it since it was rather humorous looking
- pinball dreams officially licensed hologram. these were re-produced from scratch about 2-3 years ago with a new model being crafted instead of using the original or the japanese garage kit that it was crafted from and making a new hologram glass [master]. additionally, both the angle that the model was captured at and the additional [closer] claw were not implemented, making the finished product look a bit different than the original. however, this was the best non-original [hologram] solution produced to date. (I'm kind of shocked that PPS has not requested more of these made since they've been sold out for a few years
pinballmiked produced a raspberry pi product about 5-6 years ago that replaced the hologram carrier and oscillating mirror with an LCD flat panel monitor and many video clips utilizing original movie footage and newly created computer generated imagery

Agreed.....mine is still looking quite green.....

Noticed Planetary still shows these available (?)....might be nice to have a spare......

#2292 4 months ago

Is it common for the hologram to go blurry when it rotates to the right?

#2293 4 months ago

slightly blurry? yes

#2294 4 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

slightly blurry? yes

Does depend on what and how much you are drinking though. Yes it can be blurry.

#2295 4 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

[quoted image]

I used this without the glass shelf for my creech topper. I even wired up the headlights to flash during move your car too

amazon.com link »

#2296 4 months ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I used this without the glass shelf for my creech topper. I even wired up the headlights to flash during move your car too
amazon.com link »

Do you hsppen to have a picture, or better yet a video of the shelf with the lights flashing?

#2297 4 months ago
Quoted from mwong168:

amazon.com link »

I picked mine up in a gift shop. Not wired up but I love the look.

IMG_0971 (resized).jpgIMG_0973 (resized).jpgIMG_0970 (resized).jpg
#2298 4 months ago

That’s actually really cool just as a shelf to put all my Creature toy figures on lol

#2299 4 months ago

So I picked up a Creature today, the music is very low volume with no bass and the speech is way louder with bass. The only thread I could find with similar issue was a TZ that had wrong size resistors at R23 & R24 on sound board. I measured the resistors and they are both 56K like they should be. Maybe the caps need to be replaced on the sound board? Anyone else have this issue?

#2300 4 months ago

it couldn't hurt to replace the caps, 25+ years is a long time. and depending on how long the machine sat unplayed, the electrolytic capacitors can [expire] faster

in a semi-related topic, I pulled out my turbo express (portable turbo grafx-16 video game system) out to play some devil's crush pinball about 3 weeks ago, only to find that neither the video or sound worked any more. a quick search on the 'net uncovered that "yep", this was a common issue and by replacing all of caps (there are 16 surface mount cans and 2 axials) usually takes care of all known issues.

I've started looking into the organic solid polymer electrolytic caps, but unless you're putting them into something that has a high value and that you plan on keeping for a while, the price difference between them and the standard aluminium electrolytics makes it a difficult choice

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 28.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
5,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 50.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.99
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 2404 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 49.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside