image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1306 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1280 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0915 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0909 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0286 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,668 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 114.
#2151 5 years ago
Quoted from Xerxes:

Hello again,
Yes, although I haven't applied them yet, I have noticed that the new bowl decals are not transparent like the originals, could I ask how you removed the original bowl decals from the old whirlpool and how you re-glued/affixed them to the new bowl?
all the best!

My decal was in good shape I just wanted the new bowl so I applied a tiny bit of heat and pealed the old one off and applied to new bowl.

#2152 5 years ago

Anyone got a cpr plastic set available?

#2153 5 years ago

My Mike D mod is out again. Will have to reformat another card and drive. Hope to fix again this weekend.

#2154 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

My Mike D mod is out again. Will have to reformat another card and drive. Hope to fix again this weekend.

I always wondered if there's a vulnerability in MikeD's mod where you can corrupt the SD card simply by powering down the game at the wrong time. So far it hasn't happened in my game (after 3 years).

#2155 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I always wondered if there's a vulnerability in MikeD's mod where you can corrupt the SD card simply by powering down the game at the wrong time. So far it hasn't happened in my game (after 3 years).

That is possible. I had other issues before and Mike D took care of it. He sent a newer version. This is the second time I am redoing. I kept the fix in my PC luckily.

#2156 5 years ago

Mine Mike D mod wasn't working the other day, power cycled the pin and it started to work ...so...I dunno.

#2157 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I always thought it was just me that had this problem...it seems more and more prevalent (age related?). I talked to Mike to see maybe if it was the rPi and if I could move to a new version of the rPi but he says no. So now I keep an extra formatted SD card in my machine and then reformat the one that goes bad - a viscous cycle.

But still one of the best mods out there....

#2158 5 years ago

Tailight mod isnt exactly plug n play. You gotta earn this awesomeness

20180816_104012 (resized).jpg20180816_104012 (resized).jpg
#2159 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Tailight mod isnt exactly plug n play. You gotta earn this awesomeness
[quoted image]

SO completely agree! While I enjoyed the end result this was by Far the worst mod installation I have ever done. It did help a bit using a hair dryer to slowly soften and work the mastic off but no easy challenge on this one. End result was great and worth the sweat and cussing.

#2160 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

SO completely agree! While I enjoyed the end result this was by Far the worst mod installation I have ever done. It did help a bit using a hair dryer to slowly soften and work the mastic off but no easy challenge on this one. End result was great and worth the sweat and cussing.

Yeah, I sort of lucked out as CPR had just come out with 3 versions of the CFTBL speaker panel so it was plug and play for my installation using CPR's deluxe chrome mirrored version of the speaker panel. Hopefully CPR will run these again in the near future.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo75.html

Gord

#2161 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Yeah, I sort of lucked out as CPR had just come out with 3 versions of the CFTBL speaker panel so it was plug and play for my installation using CPR's deluxe chrome mirrored version of the speaker panel. Hopefully CPR will run these again in the near future.
http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo75.html
Gord

Did you get the mirror deluxe. Got a picture? Worth the investment

#2162 5 years ago

Did you get the mirror deluxe. Got a picture? Worth the investment

In my opinion (I have the chrome version) yes it is Way easier to install as there is no mastic but while it looks great it is a Very subtle mod. You really have to look at it to even see a difference. Is it worth it? If you can find one sure but I wouldn't hold out hunting for one again personally.

#2163 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

In my opinion (I have the chrome version) yes it is Way easier to install as there is no mastic but while it looks great it is a Very subtle mod. You really have to look at it to even see a difference. Is it worth it? If you can find one sure but I wouldn't hold out hunting for one again personally.

Cpr toldr they are gonna reproduce them soon but my stock one looks great

#2164 5 years ago

Anyone got an OCD LED board installed? I find the gi to be kinda eh with leds

#2165 5 years ago

Anyone got an OCD LED board installed? I find the gi to be kinda eh with leds

I installed one. Made a big difference in my opinion. This game has to many fade effects to not have it. Not as amazing as LOTR was but worth the investment. This is a tough upgrade to pull as the cost is prohibitive yet for some titles it’s a must. I love it.

#2166 5 years ago

After seeing Yelobird's I'm hooked on getting the Deluxe version. Anyone have one shoot me a PM. Can't wait for CPR to redo one

Mod - Wanted
Wanted! - “I just bought a really nice CFTBL and am after some mods to make her a beauty. Looking for speaker panel deluxe (chrome). If you have Mike D LCD, Green Hologram or new spare parts...”
2018-10-11
Prospect Heights, IL
Wanted
Archived after: 157 days
Viewed: 327 times

#2167 5 years ago

Finally done

20180816_154255 (resized).jpg20180816_154255 (resized).jpg
#2168 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I installed one. Made a big difference in my opinion. This game has to many fade effects to not have it. Not as amazing as LOTR was but worth the investment. This is a tough upgrade to pull as the cost is prohibitive yet for some titles it’s a must. I love it.

Lol your addicted like my self lol. It says on their site that the chase board will always be lit if you get the GI one. Is that what you have?

#2169 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A must for this game, imho...Was able to use the right LEDs, and machine now looks fantastic!!!

#2170 5 years ago
Quoted from saucerman:

I always thought it was just me that had this problem...it seems more and more prevalent (age related?). I talked to Mike to see maybe if it was the rPi and if I could move to a new version of the rPi but he says no. So now I keep an extra formatted SD card in my machine and then reformat the one that goes bad - a viscous cycle.
But still one of the best mods out there....

I will do the same with a new card. I powered off and on with no improvement.

#2171 5 years ago

Lol your addicted like my self lol. It says on their site that the chase board will always be lit if you get the GI one. Is that what you have?

I never opt for the GI one as most games including this one the GI is on constant 90% of the time. I use the standard insert OCD on most of my titles that need it. CV, LOTR, TZ, CFTBL, are all a must in my opinion. Below is a link to what I bought with some pretty clear rubbers to let the light out.

http://www.cometpinball.com/WPC-LED-OCD-Board-p/ledocdwpc.htm

#2172 5 years ago

Has anyone done gi ocd with the chase lights working? I have yet to install mine and had planned to create a breakout cable from the power driver board to bypass the ocd controller for the chase light pins.

chaseboard (resized).pngchaseboard (resized).png
#2173 5 years ago

Pinsound added. You guys running mikes mix or wools. Currently running wools

#2174 5 years ago

Wool. It’s super good. Good song choices.

#2175 5 years ago

any video of the pin sound and how it is installed in game?

#2176 5 years ago

Could someone sell me their Creech already??

#2177 5 years ago

Everyone see that Mirco announced on their FB page that the playfields are coming...?

#2178 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

any video of the pin sound and how it is installed in game?

Go on youtube install takes 5 min.

#2179 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Everyone see that Mirco announced on their FB page that the playfields are coming...?

speaking of pf's. I have 2 original ones for sale. One came out of an HUO game and was the muted pink and still has mylar on it. The second one is hot pink and came out of a low play game and has a new coat of clear on it ready to install.
Save $400-500 on used.

Kris

#2180 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

My decal was in good shape I just wanted the new bowl so I applied a tiny bit of heat and pealed the old one off and applied to new bowl.

Thanks for the tip @fiberdude120, I went with transferring the old decals across to the new bowl (including the green 'co-starring' one) and following your advice it all went swimmingly... cheers!

I also found using the thin/flat end of a plastic spudger (used to pry open mobile phones) worked really well to help pry/lift the decal and also prevented getting any fingerprints on the adhesive side.

ATB...

Xerxes

#2181 5 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

Could someone sell me their Creech already??

There are five games in the marketplace. One is near you, up in Chicago.

#2182 5 years ago

Hello guys... just to share and inspire!!!

Some new restoration I made on my CFTBL... I entirely renovate the coin door... and after that, I made some minor cabinet coloring.

I hope you guys like it!

All the best,

Mavmav
IMG-6466 (resized).JPGIMG-6466 (resized).JPGIMG-6548 (resized).JPGIMG-6548 (resized).JPGIMG-6570 (resized).JPGIMG-6570 (resized).JPG

after_coindoor (resized).jpgafter_coindoor (resized).jpgbefore_coindoor (resized).jpgbefore_coindoor (resized).jpgIMG-6572 (resized).JPGIMG-6572 (resized).JPGIMG-6576 (resized).JPGIMG-6576 (resized).JPGIMG-6579 (resized).JPGIMG-6579 (resized).JPGIMG-6581 (resized).JPGIMG-6581 (resized).JPG
#2183 5 years ago

And the cabinet coloring... with glass paint. Easy...

Before and after... again, I hope you guys like it!

Bye!!!

IMG-6599 (resized).JPGIMG-6599 (resized).JPGIMG-6600 (resized).JPGIMG-6600 (resized).JPGIMG-6601 (resized).JPGIMG-6601 (resized).JPGIMG-6629 (resized).JPGIMG-6629 (resized).JPGIMG-6630 (resized).JPGIMG-6630 (resized).JPGIMG-6631 (resized).JPGIMG-6631 (resized).JPGIMG-6633 (resized).JPGIMG-6633 (resized).JPG
#2184 5 years ago
Quoted from Mavmav:

And the cabinet coloring... with glass paint. Easy...
Before and after... again, I hope you guys like it!
Bye!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nicely done. Looks a thousand times better!

#2185 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Nicely done. Looks a thousand times better!

Thanks!!!!!!

#2186 5 years ago

Replaced my old bowl and switch with a flat one and wow
What a game changer, gives me so much more time to manage one ball. Installed titan rubbers, did the pop bumper mod and teal posts

20180824_201331 (resized).jpg20180824_201331 (resized).jpg
#2187 5 years ago

Mavmav, can you gimme measures of coin label, I like to try something designed by me. I will show it here.

Thanks in avance!

You have my positive votes for all these great photos!

Best regards!

#2188 5 years ago

As in the coin return inserts? Template here to make labels http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/coindoor/coin_door_template.jpg

#2189 5 years ago

Hi Jodannar!

Thanks!

Yes, it is!

Template don´t seem so precise at 72 ppp with two units and back border effect. When I checked measures, this happened:
Pinball coin label wrong (resized).jpgPinball coin label wrong (resized).jpg

Measures are wrong.

Regards

1 week later
#2190 5 years ago

Weird issue here. FILM shots are made but start movie left and right shots do not flash or register to start multiball. Any thoughts?

#2191 5 years ago

Can't contain my excitement - Ricou Browning the original creature and last living original Universal Monster actor signed my translite!

Ricou Browning (resized).jpgRicou Browning (resized).jpg
#2192 5 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Can't contain my excitement - Ricou Browning the original creature and last living original Universal Monster actor signed my translite!
[quoted image]

Man, just jumped on the site and saw this....super congrats!!!! Jealous......

#2193 5 years ago

Replaced my old bowl and switch with a flat one and wow
What a game changer, gives me so much more time to manage one ball. Installed titan rubbers, did the pop bumper mod and teal posts
[quoted image]

Forget that switch...put in an MRS and be mesmerized with the rotations!

#2194 5 years ago

Redid my SD card for MikeD mod. Up and running again.

#2195 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Redid my SD card for MikeD mod. Up and running again.

hope it runs for a long time....mine only lasts a game or so before it gets corrupt again...it even goes down in mid game now. I'm going to swap out the raspberry pi to see it that makes a difference.

#2196 5 years ago
Quoted from saucerman:

hope it runs for a long time....mine only lasts a game or so before it gets corrupt again...it even goes down in mid game now. I'm going to swap out the raspberry pi to see it that makes a difference.

This may sound like a stupid question, but have you swapped out the SD card itself for a different brand of SD card? SD cards can be finicky and specific brands can get corrupted in certain applications.

I see from one of your previous posts in this thread that you keep an extra formatted SD card in your machine and then swap out the SD cards when one goes bad. I am wondering if you have tried this with various brands of SD cards or if you have been using one brand of SD card the entire time?

Gord

#2197 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

This may sound like a stupid question, but have you swapped out the SD card itself for a different brand of SD card? SD cards can be finicky and specific brands can get corrupted in certain applications.

I've tried a bunch of SD cards, both micro and regular, kingston, SanDisc extreme, extreme pro, lock on, lock off, doesn't seem to matter and various sizes as well

#2198 5 years ago
Quoted from saucerman:

Swapping out the Pi sounds like a good next step. It almost sounds like the SD slot is flakey, or something else on the Pi is marginal.

#2199 5 years ago

fingers crossed, I put in a new raspberry pi for MikeD's creature mod and everything seems to be working as before...no issues. I might just get a backup for down the road just in case. Still one of the best damn mods out there.

#2200 5 years ago

Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers limited edition available for CFTBL, 5 minutes to install:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01736-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-lighted-magnetic-hinge-green

You can get these in any color, however green is is a beautiful, deep green and is highly recommended for Creature!!

cftbl (resized).jpgcftbl (resized).jpghinges line up (resized).jpghinges line up (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
There are 5,668 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.