Topic Stats

• 3,025 posts
  • 347 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by NPO
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 999 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Creature snack attack kit pic.jpg
327907fba4036f0873d7d1f733318e0a593eb54e (1) (resized).jpg
9E5F3ABC-0B0A-4A24-8A0E-72224F3ECBAF (resized).jpeg
F7E9ECEF-BE04-4956-B641-555579747872 (resized).jpeg
BDF48162-D608-417E-B198-8ADD56D347F8 (resized).jpeg
EDABCEE7-9E01-450A-A5A4-4B67A18F2D2E (resized).jpeg
293A8DAC-695F-440B-9C1B-855743EC8AE7 (resized).png
87EC53AA-F74A-4355-87B4-2C7DA07827CA (resized).jpeg
23E121CF-C7AB-4241-AA9E-1A50F17DEC56 (resized).jpeg
2AC1EA07-BED0-4BC7-817A-253CE9D51139 (resized).jpeg
45756615-ABB3-4EAE-A229-E9877BD32A33 (resized).jpeg
F8EED6F5-CF9E-407D-9B2A-9374FC64DE32 (resized).jpeg
9B25DA3B-3CC5-4C81-953A-73A07B56B1E7 (resized).png
ECD9AA63-7A63-437E-93B6-92B21A22F9E5 (resized).jpeg
7F69E10F-D4A2-4482-8234-C89321199189 (resized).jpeg
AC646CC7-17FF-4B67-9921-0C38677306E5 (resized).png

There are 3025 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 61.
#2101 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Creature was my first pin. Mine was assembled in March 1993 and I bought it used in 1994. It was my only pin until I added IJ and TZ over a year later. I loved playing it using that strategy to build up jackpots and jackpot bonus multipliers while the hologram was lit up in the lagoon. After more than twenty years I changed over to the MikeD mod to see images in the lagoon throughout the game, and now I kinda miss seeing the hologram.

Quoted from fiberdude120:

Funny I have had mine since new and I also put a Mike D mod in mine. I did not like the mod so I removed mine and put the hologram back in.

Either of you dont want your MikeD mod, please PM me. Glad to take it off your hands...

#2102 1 year ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Strictly my opinion, but in this game I think multiball is pretty well done. The first thing I like about it is that the frequency is about right. You have to earn it (spell FILM, then make a shot to start the feature). I'm not a fan of pins where multiball is too easy to start and happens too frequently. The second thing I like is that it's not a flail-fest. There are only two balls. That gives you some semblance of control on a playfield layout that is fairly tight... and you need that control because you can't afford to lose a ball... and if you do, it's not super difficult to restart.

Well said. I 100% agree.

#2103 1 year ago

Looking for a CPR deluxe mirrored speaker panel. Anyone have one for sale

#2104 1 year ago

2 ball is fine for me...always panic, as I drain one almost immediately, and snackbar restart timer is always pressure...

I'm sure MikeD mod is awesome, just really dig the hologram...game has an amazing, fun vibe to it...not as easy as some may think...classic!!!

#2105 1 year ago

About the wool mix. Yes the call outs are a bit cheesy, but I once tried to go back to the original call outs but the quality is so poor on pinsound. Maybe somebody could re do the call outs and keep it more to traditional. The rest of the mix is awesome.

#2106 1 year ago

Funny I have had mine since new and I also put a Mike D mod in mine. I did not like the mod so I removed mine and put the hologram back in.

Would love to buy the mod from you if you are not using it

#2107 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

2 ball is fine for me...always panic, as I drain one almost immediately, and snackbar restart timer is always pressure...
I'm sure MikeD mod is awesome, just really dig the hologram...game has an amazing, fun vibe to it...not as easy as some may think...classic!!!

You can also set the MikeD mod to function like the stock hologram too. I love my MikeD mod and bought it before I even secured my creech. Good thing too because my hologram was all blue.

#2108 1 year ago
Quoted from 2Fun:

Would love to buy the mod from you if you are not using it

Join the queue mate

#2109 1 year ago

I’d just like a decent holo... if anyone has upgraded and has one laying around hook a brother up!

#2110 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Creature was my first pin. Mine was assembled in March 1993 and I bought it used in 1994. It was my only pin until I added IJ and TZ over a year later. I loved playing it using that strategy to build up jackpots and jackpot bonus multipliers while the hologram was lit up in the lagoon. After more than twenty years I changed over to the MikeD mod to see images in the lagoon throughout the game, and now I kinda miss seeing the hologram.

I installed MikeD's mod after going through two holograms (the original one turned blue, and the IPB repro one eventually delaminated and got blurry). For what it's worth, MikeD's mod allows you to choose "Standard Mode" where videos appear for various events in the game (Multiball, Move Your Car, Mega-Menu, etc) or "Hologram Emulation" which behaves like the original hologram. His video of the swamp creature looks so much like the original hologram, I find it hard to tell the difference. The main difference is that it looks great, bright and green like it should be!

#2111 1 year ago

Has anyone installed revolutionary pinball Taillight mod? Any experience?

#2112 1 year ago

I installed MikeD's mod after going through two holograms (the original one turned blue, and the IPB repro one eventually delaminated and got blurry). For what it's worth, MikeD's mod allows you to choose "Standard Mode" where videos appear for various events in the game (Multiball, Move Your Car, Mega-Menu, etc) or "Hologram Emulation" which behaves like the original hologram. His video of the swamp creature looks so much like the original hologram, I find it hard to tell the difference. The main difference is that it looks great, bright and green like it should be!

Exactly. Mine turned blue and then purple. If they were readily available (and the quality was good unlike IPB) I would have bought a replacement. MikeD's mod was a godsend. I love standard mode because it's not just a black hole in the middle of my playfield now.

I also plan on doing a Pinsound remix that includes some of the original movie soundtrack, since I have it on CD, along with many great songs from the late 50's that were heard on radios at drive in theaters around the time Creature was released.

#2113 1 year ago

Applying Repro Decals?

Hi there,
I'm currently stripping/cleaning and replacing parts on my Creature and have purchased a new set of ramps, lagoon window and bowl.

They all have decals that need applying and was wondering if anyone has done something similar and if they wouldn't mind sharing any tips on how best to apply them?

Are they simply peel and apply or should a very dilute soap/water solution be used for accurate placement?

Any suggestions gratefully received

all the best...

Xerxes

#2114 1 year ago

check this video out

#2115 1 year ago
Quoted from Xerxes:

Applying Repro Decals?
Hi there,
I'm currently stripping/cleaning and replacing parts on my Creature and have purchased a new set of ramps, lagoon window and bowl.
They all have decals that need applying and was wondering if anyone has done something similar and if they wouldn't mind sharing any tips on how best to apply them?
Are they simply peel and apply or should a very dilute soap/water solution be used for accurate placement?
all the best...
Xerxes

Well, I tried to peel and stick and I was not happy with their placement. The bowl is extremely difficult to place. So if some one else has tried a soap and water method, that would be interesting to know.

#2116 1 year ago

Here is another video showing the dry method... Jim McCune makes it looks so damn easy!

#2117 1 year ago

I did a set of decals dry and they came out very good but I have a background of window tinting so that may make a diff. I believe if I tried to peel and reposition I would have been screwed. If you go with the dry for your cab decal be sure they are super straight before you start adhering them.The bowl decals go on nice when used dry and they will peel if needed. The one thing I did not like about my replacement bowl decals is they were not transparent like the original ones. I ended up using my original bowl decals instead of my new ones from marcos.

#2118 1 year ago

My basement is dark and its raining out but heres my creature with my custom powdercoat i did. Looks lighter in person

20180806_172555 (resized).jpg20180806_172558 (resized).jpg20180806_172602 (resized).jpg20180806_180103 (resized).jpg20180806_180117 (resized).jpg20180806_180119 (resized).jpg20180806_180121 (resized).jpg20180808_161545 (resized).jpg20180808_161559 (resized).jpg20180808_161605 (resized).jpg20180808_161612 (resized).jpg
#2119 1 year ago

I dont know if I like it, but very nice job looks cool.

#2120 1 year ago
Quoted from Xerxes:

Applying Repro Decals?
Hi there,
all the best...
Xerxes

I just did all the ramps and the bowl. I did them peel and stick dry. I put the old ramps next to the new one to try to get the correct placement. I messed up the bowl and just peeled them back off. I then lined them up for light placement. I got the lights to be in the small cutout spaces. I put the light ring on and marked the spaces with blue masking tape. The decals on the original bowl were not done right. I put in new Comet purple leds in the multiball ramp and the bowl.

#2121 1 year ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

My basement is dark and its raining out but heres my creature with my custom powdercoat i did. Looks lighter in person

That's amazing looking powder coat! Is that a special powder or special process, or both? I bet a hammered finish pink would look sweet too! (My wife loves her Creech!)

#2122 1 year ago

So im curious. Whats the best way to get the most spins on the bowl. Mines lucky to get 1 maybe 2 letters

20180809_162452 (resized).jpg
#2123 1 year ago

So im curious. Whats the best way to get the most spins on the bowl. Mines lucky to get 1 maybe 2 letters
[quoted image]

Make adjustments on your metal guide/bolt to the bowl. I can get a consistent 4 spins on mine. A local can get 5-7 on his...

#2124 1 year ago

[quoted image]

The trick is in leveling the bowl properly and some folks have installed a reed switch in the bowl to get more spins. There is information on this topic on Pinside if you want to search for it.

Gord

#2125 1 year ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Make adjustments on your metal guide/bolt to the bowl. I can get a consistent 4 spins on mine. A local can get 5-7 on his...

Can you take a picture to explain

#2126 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Poor advice but I have always had good luck with a waxed bowl, waxed playfield, and timed strong nudging think Tilt-a-Whirl. lol Nice work on the powdercoat. I am going more black with a hint of green moondust to keep it dark this week. Such a beautiful game. Granted it's tough as nails to play certain days.....

#2127 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Not to rub it in lol but I’m very lucky I get 5 or 6 spins per shot I’m scared to touch the bowl in case I move it lol.

#2128 1 year ago

Not to rub it in lol but I’m very lucky I get 5 or 6 spins per shot I’m scared to touch the bowl in case I move it lol. I do regularly polish the PF with Mr Sheen maybe that helps.

This is my 2nd Creech over the years and I’ve had lots of games but this title keeps me coming back for more and at the moment it’s my only game and it keeps my pin fix satisfied.

#2129 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Not to rub it in lol but I’m very lucky I get 5 or 6 spins per shot I’m scared to touch the bowl in case I move it lol. I do regularly polish the PF with Mr Sheen maybe that helps.

That’s an awesome amount of spins but I wouldn’t use that cleaner!

#2130 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

That’s an awesome amount of spins but I wouldn’t use that cleaner!

Yeah I’ve heard good and bad re Mr Sheen but to me it seems ok my PF is clear coated so I just give it a lite wipe

#2131 1 year ago

Anyone got a reed.switch for sale

#2132 1 year ago

Anyone got a reed.switch for sale

I'll take a 2nd 1 if anyone has one - I only get 1 letter in mine too. Gonna try adjusting the bowl

#2133 1 year ago
Quoted from mavantix:

That's amazing looking powder coat! Is that a special powder or special process, or both? I bet a hammered finish pink would look sweet too! (My wife loves her Creech!)

I want to Assume this suggestion was made tongue in cheek but just in case, Say NO to any thought of making your Creech Pink!!! This has been a public service demand. Thank you.

#2134 1 year ago

I adjusted the bowl, to get it level, I waxed the bowl, I ensured the drop from the wirelane is as smooth as possible and added the reed switch.
Now you can get 4-5 rounds easily without nudging. Oh and keep your balls shiny

#2135 1 year ago

[quoted image]

You're missing the front post. It goes from that empty screw tab on the bowl down onto a threaded bolt that it looks like your outlane guide is missing. You use it (as well as maybe a few washers) to get your bowl level. That adjustment alone took me from 2 to 4 swirls consistently.

#2136 1 year ago

2E2F6AE1-8A28-44B2-9480-F6BF51478904 (resized).jpeg

#2137 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

You're missing the front post. It goes from that empty screw tab on the bowl down onto a threaded bolt that it looks like your outlane guide is missing. You use it (as well as maybe a few washers) to get your bowl level. That adjustment alone took me from 2 to 4 swirls consistently.

I have the post i took it out to adjust it. Ill work on leveling it. Does one end need to be higher or does it need to be level

#2138 1 year ago

I brought the front side up a little.

#2139 1 year ago

[quoted image]

First and foremost, as others have said, level the bowl (with respect to gravity). Then there's the switch. Ah yes, the switch. I fiddled around with a reed switch for a while and never got it to work. I believe you need more than just a cheap reed switch. Specifically, I think you need an assembly that consists of a reed switch with magnets. Williams used something like this in CV, NGG, CC, and other games. That assembly (20-10293) is unobtanium. Meanwhile, I put in a switch with a flat actuator. It works great. I generally get 6 switch triggers and a total of 9 revolutions before the ball drops.

IMG_2542.jpeg
#2140 1 year ago

The poor man's reed switch--very good idea!

#2141 1 year ago

Specifically, I think you need an assembly that consists of a reed switch with magnets. Williams used something like this in CV, NGG, CC, and other games. That assembly (20-10293) is unobtanium. Meanwhile, I put in a switch with a flat actuator. It works great. I generally get 6 switch triggers and a total of 9 revolutions before the ball drops.
[quoted image]

My creech came with this unobtainium reed switch which was great because I could spell CREATURE almost 1.5x in one shot. This made building up the jackpot too easy so I put the original switch back in and plan on repurposing this reed switch in my shadow for the left ramp right diverter shot instead.

#2142 1 year ago

I can’t picture what this reed switch looks like to make it better

#2143 1 year ago
Quoted from mwong168:

My creech came with this unobtainium reed switch which was great because I could spell CREATURE almost 1.5x in one shot. This made building up the jackpot too easy so I put the original switch back in and plan on repurposing this reed switch in my shadow for the left ramp right diverter shot instead.

Interesting coincidence... I replaced the left diverter habitrail micro switch in my Shadow with one that has a long, flat actuator, just like I did in the Creature bowl

#2144 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I can’t picture what this reed switch looks like to make it better

It's a sealed assembly that contains a reed switch and a magnet. Essentially a "metal sensor".

https://www.marcospecialties.com//images/products/20-10293/large.jpg

#2145 1 year ago

It's a sealed assembly that contains a reed switch and a magnet. Essentially a "metal sensor".
https://www.marcospecialties.com//images/products/20-10293/large.jpg

Oh wow, cool. Thanks l!

#2146 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I want to Assume this suggestion was made tongue in cheek but just in case, Say NO to any thought of making your Creech Pink!!! This has been a public service demand. Thank you.

Haha, so you're saying purple powder coated armor then?!

Mine already has the pink cadillac car mod in it on the kiss shot.

#2147 1 year ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Haha, so you're saying purple powder coated armor then?!
Mine already has the pink cadillac car mod in it on the kiss shot.

Lol, No issues there have the cool Pink Cadillac myself. Just Not the complete cabinet legs, Lockbar, rails, etc in Pink. That would make even the Creech sad.

#2148 1 year ago

Interesting coincidence... I replaced the left diverter habitrail micro switch in my Shadow with one that has a long, flat actuator, just like I did in the Creature bowl

That's what I did to my shadow but there is still a small chance it doesn't register. This reed switch should be a better fix to get it 100%.

#2149 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol, No issues there have the cool Pink Cadillac myself. Just Not the complete cabinet legs, Lockbar, rails, etc in Pink. That would make even the Creech sad.

I think someone with photoshop skills should moc up pink armor on Creech so we can take a vote.

#2150 1 year ago

.... The one thing I did not like about my replacement bowl decals is they were not transparent like the original ones. I ended up using my original bowl decals instead of my new ones from marcos.

Hello again,
Yes, although I haven't applied them yet, I have noticed that the new bowl decals are not transparent like the originals, could I ask how you removed the original bowl decals from the old whirlpool and how you re-glued/affixed them to the new bowl?

all the best!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 235.00
Boards
RS Technologies
There are 3025 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 61.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside