IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 115.
#2051 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

With all the Blue Creech's out there I was curious to see if anyone ever tried using a transparent color correction lens (green) over the actual hologram? The are rather thin and used in the photography industry to mask/correct projection colors. As you would be putting the thin sheet directly on the output image (IE the Creech himself) I wondered if that would at the very least bring him back a bit. Anyone ever try this? The sheets are only 5$ and fairly easy to cut. Curious....
Lens's like this:
amazon.com link »

I think it would work the same as the green mirror.

#2052 5 years ago

The fix I liked the sound of the best was to use a yellow light to shine onto the blue hologram to hopefully turn it more green. Logic seems good.

#2053 5 years ago

Swapped the pops over to teal and lit them yesterday. Took longer than expected due to the rear left corner being a pita to reassemble/disassemble.

If not familiar with the machine you wouldn’t notice the change. Just wired into GI as per most pins of the period.

0F9AD6D1-165F-4488-8B5C-3005F5FC9CA5 (resized).jpeg0F9AD6D1-165F-4488-8B5C-3005F5FC9CA5 (resized).jpegD388D84F-DD1A-4BBA-AFB0-3EC37D844E22 (resized).jpegD388D84F-DD1A-4BBA-AFB0-3EC37D844E22 (resized).jpeg
#2054 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Swapped the pops over to teal and lit them yesterday. Took longer than expected due to the rear left corner being a pita to reassemble/disassemble.
If not familiar with the machine you wouldn’t notice the change. Just wired into GI as per most pins of the period.

Beautiful!

#2055 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

It’s SO necessary tho. Not necessarily the teal swap (although mine are too, lol) but lighting the pops... it really brightens up the whole game! I’ve done this mod on both of my Creatures and I can’t imagine ithe game without anymore. When I see a non modded one I’m like, ewww.

#2056 5 years ago

Found a picture of when I did the gen 1 Thompson mod and put in the CPR mirrored speaker plastic. Hoping CPR reruns these.

2013-04-24 17.08.09 (resized).jpg2013-04-24 17.08.09 (resized).jpg
#2057 5 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Found a picture of when I did the gen 1 Thompson mod and put in the CPR mirrored speaker plastic. Hoping CPR reruns these.

So my lit tail lights come on full brightness when I turn the game on, then slowly dim after time on, with small outside ones going out. Guessing a leaky capacitor?

Haven't taken it apart yet...anyone been there before?

#2058 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So my lit tail lights come on full brightness when I turn the game on, then slowly dim after time on, with small outside ones going out. Guessing a leaky capacitor?
Haven't taken it apart yet...anyone been there before?

Possibly. I haven't had an issue with mine yet. I know this isn't your issue, but for others, they do dim/bright in pairs on the cars to simulate a car braking and stopping. Then go out and come back on. Mine always did this and assume it was for effect.

#2059 5 years ago

there is a block of dip switches on the backside of the board. there is one switch (and it may be the only one that jeff programmed for) that does exactly what dmacy described

you can either have the lights come on, brighten and then fade out (in pairs) or set it to have all of the brake lights stay on all the time. I'm not sure which dip switch does this (it's been quite a while since I looked at it). it might be documented in the assembly instructions

#2060 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

there is a block of dip switches on the backside of the board. there is one switch (and it may be the only one that jeff programmed for) that does exactly what dmacy described
you can either have the lights come on, brighten and then fade out (in pairs) or set it to have all of the brake lights stay on all the time. I'm not sure which dip switch does this (it's been quite a while since I looked at it). it might be documented in the assembly instructions

OP,

You may want to try the following links.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-advice-on-cftbl-speaker-panel-led-mod-re-run/page/11#post-2184151
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-advice-on-cftbl-speaker-panel-led-mod-re-run/page/11#post-2639834

#2061 5 years ago

yep, I knew it was something. it's a jumper, not a dip switch (and I thought that more than one was there, but again I could be wrong since I haven't looked at it in quite a while

#2062 5 years ago

Man...pinside rocks!!! this pattern is quite repeatable and consistent, so could very well be the "dimming" effect mentioned. I will dive in the threads tonight for a better look.....thanks again....mark

#2063 5 years ago

closed the loop here...investigated, and sure enough, the jumper was pulled to one side, disconnected from other lead, causing the outside ones to dim after awhile. reconnected jumper, and all solid.....kinda like it that way for now. Knowing it's working right, I might experiment with both options to see which one looks best for me over time..love this game....thanks again!!!!

#2064 5 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

CPR has a new business model, I asked in that thread if they would re-run this. Never heard back. Id suggest others reach out to them, if demand they'll re-run.

#2065 5 years ago

Anybody using the chase change module from RS technologies? looks pretty cool, just wondering some other takes on it...

#2066 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Anybody using the chase change module from RS technologies? looks pretty cool, just wondering some other takes on it...

link?

#2067 5 years ago

Just did the best two snack bar shots I ever made on this game (well, I watched them go in, anyway). I start the "find the girl" mode and wind up putting both balls into the bumpers. Ball one comes down, bounces off the left sling and trickles into the snack bar. Girl found. Ball two was immediately behind it, having followed the same exact path and speed (what are the odds?). Jackpot!

#2069 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Just did the best two snack bar shots I ever made on this game. I start the "find the girl" mode and wind up putting both balls into the bumpers. Ball one comes down, bounces off the left sling and trickles into the snack bar. Girl found. Ball two was immediately behind it, having followed the same exact path and speed (what are the odds?). Jackpot!

Love this game!!!!

#2070 5 years ago

On Sunday I hit the right Ramp 12 times and then snack bar, first time I ever started super scoring mode. The startup sequence is awesome!!!

#2071 5 years ago

I love CFTBL but I fear it hates me... No sooner do I get to finally see the Creech and a multi-ball and its drain city. Dam you creech!

#2072 5 years ago

Anyone got a taillight speaker light mod for sale?

#2073 5 years ago

Any feedback on pinsound upgrade for creech

#2074 5 years ago

I’m interested in a pinsound too since my crèech has no sound

#2075 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Anybody using the chase change module from RS technologies? Looks pretty cool.

The listing says it has ten different sequences (1 factory + 9 custom) but it doesn't cycle through them. You have to use the selector switch to choose the one you want to run. I might be interested if it cycled through all the variations during a game, but not interested in paying that much money just to change to a single light sequence different than stock.

#2076 5 years ago

I'm working on a solution to get the third ball into play for multiball. Is anybody interested in this? Has it already been done and I'm re-inventing the wheel?

#2077 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

I'm working on a solution to get the third ball into play for multiball. Is anybody interested in this? Has it already been done and I'm re-inventing the wheel?

Yeah, the original designers did it and took it out. If you could add a third ball, that would be cool.

#2078 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Awesome very interested

#2079 5 years ago

I’d be willing to check it out. It’s in like a home brew rom?

#2080 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I have the Pinsound Board in my Creature and its a game changer. The music available on the community forum is fantastic. Only problem is the "move your car" call out - needs to be the original rather than the rerecorded one.

#2081 5 years ago

I agree. The pinsound board is a must for this game. I love the Wool mix and I crank it up when I play. The re recorded callouts are a little cheesy, but I'm still extremely happy with it. I've added flipper fidelity speakers and an external polk subwoofer and it blows the doors of my game room. Love it. Plus, you can use the pinsound editor to change up the music if you like.

#2082 5 years ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

I agree. The pinsound board is a must for this game. I love the Wool mix and I crank it up when I play. The re recorded callouts are a little cheesy, but I'm still extremely happy with it. I've added flipper fidelity speakers and an external polk subwoofer and it blows the doors of my game room. Love it. Plus, you can use the pinsound editor to change up the music if you like.

Add to cart i guess

#2083 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Only problem is the "move your car" call out - needs to be the original rather than the rerecorded one.

Quoted from CoPinfan:

Plus, you can use the pinsound editor to change up the music if you like.

As well as the sounds, which means you could re-introduce the "Move Your Car" call-out from the original sound list.

#2084 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The listing says it has ten different sequences (1 factory + 9 custom) but it doesn't cycle through them. You have to use the selector switch to choose the one you want to run. I might be interested if it cycled through all the variations during a game, but not interested in paying that much money just to change to a single light sequence different than stock.

Watch the video and pause at the 0:41 mark. He states that sequence 9 is a cycle of sequences 0 through 8.

#2085 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I’d be willing to check it out. It’s in like a home brew rom?

It would either be that, a mechanical solution or a Raspberry Pi interface. The last would be funny since I already have one in the game for MikeD's mod.

#2086 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

It would either be that, a mechanical solution or a Raspberry Pi interface. The last would be funny since I already have one in the game for MikeD's mod.

I already feel claustrophobic when I have a 2-ball multi going. I couldn't possibly do 3

#2087 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I already feel claustrophobic when I have a 2-ball multi going. I couldn't possibly do 3

Like many other players have expressed here, my 2 ball multiball experience is over far too quickly...

#2088 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

yes I would be interested as well

#2089 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Just add logic for a ball save. that'll remedy most short lived multiballs

#2090 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

As well as the sounds, which means you could re-introduce the "Move Your Car" call-out from the original sound list.

Unfortunately, the original call outs are such poor quality, it would sound really strange next to the high quality music. That's one thing the re recorded call outs have going for them.

#2091 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Watch the video and pause at the 0:41 mark. He states that sequence 9 is a cycle of sequences 0 through 8.

NPO is correct. Switch position 9 will cycle through sequences 0-8. This cycling is easily seen in attract mode when the chase lights are repeatedly all turned on, turned off, turned on sequencing. After the turn on sequencing state, the software will transition to the next sequence. This cycling of sequences continues through game play.

Yes, the cost of my board is on the high side, but I only did a small manufacturing run (no economy of scale).

#2092 5 years ago

Strictly my opinion, but in this game I think multiball is pretty well done. The first thing I like about it is that the frequency is about right. You have to earn it (spell FILM, then make a shot to start the feature). I'm not a fan of pins where multiball is too easy to start and happens too frequently. The second thing I like is that it's not a flail-fest. There are only two balls. That gives you some semblance of control on a playfield layout that is fairly tight... and you need that control because you can't afford to lose a ball... and if you do, it's not super difficult to restart.

#2093 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

There are only two balls. That gives you some semblance of control.

Always start multiball by sending one ball up the left ramp to the whirlpool and keep sending it back up the left ramp every time it feeds down from the whirlpool to the right flipper. This "parks" one ball out of the way (while whirlpool revolutions advance the jackpot bonus multiplier) letting you use the remaining ball to find the creature and then save the girl. And once you've saved the girl if you don't go for jackpot right away you can continue to send one ball up the left ramp and shoot the other ball up to the jet bumpers to increase the jackpot value. And after collecting the jackpot use the same strategy to activate super jackpot (one of the coolest jackpots in all pinball).

#2094 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Always start multiball by sending one ball up the left ramp to the whirlpool and keep sending it back up the left ramp every time it feeds down from the whirlpool to the right flipper. This "parks" one ball out of the way (while whirlpool revolutions advance the jackpot bonus multiplier) letting you use the remaining ball to find the creature and then save the girl. And once you've saved the girl if you don't go for jackpot right away you can continue to send one ball up the left ramp and shoot the ball other up to the jet bumpers to increase the jackpot value. And after collecting the jackpot use the same strategy to activate super jackpot (one of the coolest jackpots in all pinball).

Wow you made that sound so easy.

#2095 5 years ago

Since I suck, I figure if I had an extra ball I could try and throw one up the ramp and the other into the bumpers, then maybe have enough time to find the girl with the third ball before losing the first two...

#2096 5 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

You made that sound so easy.

Creature was my first pin. Mine was assembled in March 1993 and I bought it used in 1994. It was my only pin until I added IJ and TZ over a year later. I loved playing it using that strategy to build up jackpots and jackpot bonus multipliers while the hologram was lit up in the lagoon. After more than twenty years I changed over to the MikeD mod to see images in the lagoon throughout the game, and now I kinda miss seeing the hologram.

#2097 5 years ago

Just add logic for a ball save. that'll remedy most short lived multiballs

A ball save on a game without an auto plunger would be really clunky. For it to be smooth, a ball would need to be parked in a scoop so that the game could inform you that the ball was available to be plunged, which is what already exists with the restart.

#2098 5 years ago

Pinsound, with the wool mix is awesome. Yes, it would have been nice to have the original call outs. However, I don’t even notice it anymore. His music mix works well with the theme. I love the Link Wray “Rumble” when it starts for the video fight. It will put a big smile on your face.

#2099 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Creature was my first pin. Mine was assembled in March 1993 and I bought it used in 1994. It was my only pin until I added IJ and TZ over a year later. I loved playing it using that strategy to build up jackpots and jackpot bonus multipliers while the hologram was lit up in the lagoon. After more than twenty years I changed over to the MikeD mod to see images in the lagoon throughout the game, and now I kinda miss seeing the hologram.

Funny I have had mine since new and I also put a Mike D mod in mine. I did not like the mod so I removed mine and put the hologram back in.

#2100 5 years ago
Quoted from 60Grit:

NPO is correct. Switch position 9 will cycle through sequences 0-8. This cycling is easily seen in attract mode when the chase lights are repeatedly all turned on, turned off, turned on sequencing. After the turn on sequencing state, the software will transition to the next sequence. This cycling of sequences continues through game play.
Yes, the cost of my board is on the high side, but I only did a small manufacturing run (no economy of scale).

I really liked the video, and mod looks extremely " oem"....might have to give it a whirl.....play this game ALL the time...thanks for doing this!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 115.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/42?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.