IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6280 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 114.
#1951 5 years ago
Quoted from cloudburst:

Strangely, I have zero interest in other tables.

Your life will be much easier if you stick to that one-game-only mentality.

#1952 5 years ago

for anyone interested I have started a design and build thread for the v3 of the Snackbar Mod

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-snackbar-mod-v3-2018

#1953 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

By any chance are you interested in selling your MikeD Mod???

Only if the Italian guy's alternative version gets finished. But he seems to jump from project to project without finishing them.

1 week later
#1954 5 years ago

Picked it up for free!!!! 15 years in a warehouse!!!!

03523AB9-D447-4C46-A6B7-6277F4DA5712 (resized).jpeg03523AB9-D447-4C46-A6B7-6277F4DA5712 (resized).jpeg

006892DD-BE0C-48FF-BA6B-60278B05A562 (resized).jpeg006892DD-BE0C-48FF-BA6B-60278B05A562 (resized).jpeg

#1955 5 years ago

Dude, what a score!

#1956 5 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Whoa, it’s like someone handing you 5 grand. Congrats!

#1957 5 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Holy smoke Creech for free!!
You must have done some pretty good deeds for this Karma payback

#1958 5 years ago

Holy Santa Claus crap that is amazing, and yes I’m jealous.

#1959 5 years ago

WOW!!!! I've heard of deals like this, but sadly, never been a part of one.....congrats!!!!!!

#1960 5 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Holy fuck.

#1961 5 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Was it in the warehouse dumpster...like that Bally KISS?

#1962 5 years ago

He Said he picked it up free from a warehouse, he never mentioned that there was anyone there to see him Take it! lol Great find and an unreal score on a great title!

#1963 5 years ago

Ive just swapped over all the play field, GI and insert lighting to either colour matched, or cool white LEDS. Im debating whether i should have gone warm white in the GI. Anyone have any comparison shots of cool vs warm in their GI? Anyone swapped one for the other?

#1964 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Anyone have any comparison shots of cool vs warm in their GI? Anyone swapped one for the other?

Hi Jodannar

I bought all my Leds from comet Leds. However, I only used warm white and Sunlight.

Picture of Snack Bar is using Sunlight

The other one is using Warm white.

2911D61D-ACEF-4B49-A6CD-04396852684C (resized).jpeg2911D61D-ACEF-4B49-A6CD-04396852684C (resized).jpeg

B93D7407-8032-45F5-A037-E86CB9751E34 (resized).jpegB93D7407-8032-45F5-A037-E86CB9751E34 (resized).jpeg

#1965 5 years ago

Thanks. Looks fine with the cools I’ve put in. But wondering if itd be better with warms. Personal preference I know but I don’t have enough warm on hand to swap it all out to compare

#1966 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

My Creature is missing the full gate assembly for KISS on the left and I'm trying to replace it. I'm not finding A-15661 anywhere and since I don't exactly know what it looks like I could use some help.
Marco has this wire flap which I think is the right part: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7045
Then could I just order another wire gate assembly like this one and swap the wire out:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15663
Thanks!

I need to replace mine as well. Have you installed yet? I’m curious to know if the parts fit.

#1967 5 years ago

I’ve had mine filled with LED in the past. I think I still have a couple in there. Nothing beats bulbs if you ask me.

#1968 5 years ago

In this game I would only do warm white, it really fits the theme and era.

In something like terminator 2, cool is the way to go. It’s really what look u want In the end. This is just my 2 cents

#1969 5 years ago

I did the warm white 2 SMD Fluted Dome Comets on my Kreatur GI and I really like how they look.

#1970 5 years ago
Quoted from RGman:

I need to replace mine as well. Have you installed yet? I’m curious to know if the parts fit.

I got the parts, but haven't had a chance yet, I'll report back!

#1971 5 years ago

Another vote for incandescents, only pin I've left them in because it looks right.

#1972 5 years ago

The only reason I would ever leave incandescent bulbs in a game was if I was not going to keep it, and or I did not care about possibly damaging the inserts ( or wire of this discussion was only GI related). Leds operate at a significantly cooler temp, and Lower turnover all Voltage demand as well. There are many advantages to leds over the appearance.

And if anyone is concerned about losing the nice fading behavior of incandescent bulbs ocd led solves that. My 2 cents

#1973 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

The only reason I would ever leave incandescent bulbs in a game was if I was not going to keep it, and or I did not care about possibly damaging the inserts ( or wire of this discussion was only GI related). Leds operate at a significantly cooler temp, and Lower turnover all Voltage demand as well. There are many advantages to leds over the appearance.
And if anyone is concerned about losing the nice fading behavior of incandescent bulbs ocd led solves that. My 2 cents

Eh, maybe on a location you would have to worry. The games were made to use bulbs. If it can’t handle them the game needs repair. If you’re burning inserts the bulbs are too close or you’re leaving your game on too long.

#1974 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Eh, maybe on a location you would have to worry. The games were made to use bulbs. If it can’t handle them the game needs repair. If you’re burning inserts the bulbs are too close or you’re leaving your game on too long.

Granted, the game was made before LED's of quality were available. However, when used w Herb's LED/OCD (a MUST for this game), the proper LEDS look amazing, compared to the incandescent....imho.......

#1975 5 years ago

A classic game with a classic theme, I just don't like leds in this game--but that is just me. Herg might get bummed with that "b"...

#1976 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

A classic game with a classic theme, I just don't like leds in this game--but that is just me. Herg might get bummed with that "b"...

Was torn only on the ramp strings.....mini incandescents look great there...but then switched to the natural whites...look great...really enjoying this game....

#1977 5 years ago
Quoted from RGman:

The repro wire form didn't work with the gate assembly, but the gate with it's wire works fine with a little adjustment! I'd prefer the tab that makes the gate one way were on the other side and not so close to a playfield plastic, so I feel I'm gonna improve on this. But I can make the KISS shot now.

IMG_20180506_195111 (resized).jpgIMG_20180506_195111 (resized).jpg

#1978 5 years ago

Hey guys I was playing my Creech today and realized the mirror is no longer rotating? All of the sudden the motor is not working. The hologram motor is working just not the mirror.

When in test mode it says mirror arm is moving... but it ain't

Any ideas, love any direction of help anyone can provide thanks.

#1979 5 years ago

How rarely do you see the Peeping Tom video mode? I saw it tonight and I had forgotten about it’s existence.., and I’ve owned the game for years! So funny.

#1980 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

How rarely do you see the Peeping Tom video mode? I saw it tonight and I had forgotten about it’s existence.., and I’ve owned the game for years! So funny.

Usually only if I want to. The right ramp is a relatively risky shot and does not advance towards the multiball and is not a route to big scores.

#1981 5 years ago

Actually the right ramp does have some redeeming bonuses. I typically go for it immediately, if you hit it 4 times starts snack attack and if you nail the snack bar immediately 20,000 points. It also starts mega millions.

1 week later
#1982 5 years ago

Hey guys I was playing my Creech today and realized the mirror is no longer rotating? All of the sudden the motor is not working. The hologram motor is working just not the mirror.
When in test mode it says mirror arm is moving... but it ain't
Any ideas, love any direction of help anyone can provide thanks.

You can plug the mirror motor into connector for the hologram motor to test the motor. If it passes, check the wiring going from the motor to the triac board (Left side of cabinet half way back) also pull the board out and check it for damage and broken header solder joints.

#1983 5 years ago

Asmig thanks for the reply... it was real easy I unplugged it from the board and plugged it back in and worked lol.

In other news I’m so pumped I actually found a creature playfield! A brand new ipb! I can finally start my restoration. Though I think I’m going to send that playfield directly to Ron Kruzman

#1984 5 years ago

asmig thanks for the reply... it was real easy I unplugged it from the board and plugged it back in and worked lol.
In other news I’m so pumped I actually found a creature playfield! A brand new ipb! I can finally start my restoration. Though I think I’m going to send that playfield directly to Ron Kruzman

Glad it was an easy fix. Be sure to post some before and after photos of the Kruzman clearcoat!

#1985 5 years ago

Watch me teach that peeping Tom a lesson:

3 weeks later
#1986 5 years ago

Does anyone here have a hologram (any color but black) that they will sell? That's all I want for fathers day lol

#1987 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Does anyone here have a hologram (any color but black) that they will sell? That's all I want for fathers day lol

just pm'ed you

#1988 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

just pm'ed you

Yay! A GREEN CREATURE will be back in my cabinet!

#1989 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Yay! A GREEN CREATURE will be back in my cabinet!

Welcome back!

IMG_7902 (resized).jpegIMG_7902 (resized).jpeg
#1990 5 years ago

You just have to ask? I want one too! Lol

#1991 5 years ago

Has anyone heard any rumors of some one doing another lcd video mod for CFTBL?

#1992 5 years ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

Has anyone heard any rumors of some one doing another lcd video mod for CFTBL?

This one?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hologram-mod-for-creature-from-pinballsp-is-under-development

You’re brain will hurt if you try to follow along with that one.

#1993 5 years ago

That must be it. Thank you.

#1994 5 years ago

Lots of talk about the new video mod, no video of it working has been posted.

#1995 5 years ago

While people are asking....I've been chasing a MikeD mod for 4 years now, does anyone want to sell one? Please?

#1997 5 years ago

Me too! Me too!

#1998 5 years ago

I have basically accepted that I’m going to have to just buy a whole other creature if one comes up with the mike d mod and sell the other

#1999 5 years ago

I’d be mad if my Creech came with a laptop screen instead of an original hologram. Just wish there was suitable green replacements that didn’t cost a fortune.

#2000 5 years ago

I've heard that one of the reasons why mike hasn't reproduced his version of the mod (in addition to them being a pain in the @ss to put together) is that it led to a lot more support calls than he anticipated and I get that.

most people have no problem installing a rubber kit or LEDs on their machines, but with mods that requires you to actually understand what is going on, a lot of them tend to get stumped rather easily and don't bother to do any research on their own before reaching out for help (even if there are guides "out there"

if you look at his AC/DC concert mod, I had post the simple 4-step process because people didn't understand how to patch their .bin files using pinball browser when stern released the latest firmware update

the other issue is due to it being based on raspberry pi technology which isn't very good about "file clean up", especially when power is turned off and the pi is in the middle of updating a file. this can lead to corrupt SD cards and most of his customers didn't understand how to make a back-up of the SD card so that if it did become corrupt, they would have a file to re-image it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 27.95
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 5,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/40?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.