Pinside_forum_7997581_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9310 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4652 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_7266 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1306 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,672 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 114.
#1701 6 years ago

Hey does anyone have any pix of under the apron around the trough and shooter lane? Trying to figure out how to run the wiring for the whirlpool bowl.

#1702 6 years ago

Gunstarhero here's a couple for you. hope it helps !

20180110_214954 (resized).jpg20180110_214954 (resized).jpg

20180110_215007 (resized).jpg20180110_215007 (resized).jpg

20180110_215013 (resized).jpg20180110_215013 (resized).jpg

#1703 6 years ago

Perfect Vox, thank you!!

#1704 6 years ago

Hey I'm running into walls on my Creature motor hunt. I have one motor that works okay, and three with various degrees of grinding... one was totally seized but starting working after a nudge. DrummerMike helped me out with his old motors and they were crunchy too. Is anyone out there rebuilding these?

#1705 6 years ago

Big day today!! (Well, yesterday)

Scoop and PF gouge repairs done. Trough stripped and cleaned. Upper PF assembled and ramps installed! HUGE thanks to DSuperBee and my buddy Will for all the help.

IMG_4689 (resized).JPGIMG_4689 (resized).JPG

Still some under PF work to to, plus the lower PF (apron and bowl) but getting close now!

Hey, does anyone know, is the Lagoon window flame polishable? Or know who's got them in stock if they're not? I was gonna just live with it being a little cloudy (my holo isn't all that) but it's got a broken tab making leveling complicated, and seeing how great the new ramps look, nope! Lol.

#1706 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Scoop and PF gouge repairs done. Trough stripped and cleaned. Upper PF assembled and ramps installed! HUGE thanks to DSuperBee and my buddy Will for all the help.

Still some under PF work to to, plus the lower PF (apron and bowl) but getting close now!
Hey, does anyone know, is the Lagoon window flame polishable? Or know who's got them in stock if they're not? I was gonna just live with it (the holo isn't all that) but seeing how great the new ramps look, nope! Lol.

#1707 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Hey, does anyone know, is the Lagoon window flame polishable? Or know who's got them in stock if they're not? I was gonna just live with it (the holo isn't all that) but seeing how great the new ramps look, nope! Lol.

LSOG has the CFTBL playfield window in stock

http://littleshopofgames.com/product/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-playfield-window-with-decals-03-8702/

Here is a thread on polishing the existing CFTBL playfield window

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/polish-congo-lower-playfield-window

Gord

#1708 6 years ago

"Ummm, that's a Congo window, I clearly have a Creature..."

Hahaha, thanks Gord! Glad I didn't get fire near it. I tried Novus, and no go, just like the guy in the other thread, so replacement it is. Might still try to fix this one tho, I think DSuperBee has a headlight kit.

#1709 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Hey, does anyone know, is the Lagoon window flame polishable? Or know who's got them in stock if they're not? I was gonna just live with it being a little cloudy (my holo isn't all that) but it's got a broken tab making leveling complicated, and seeing how great the new ramps look, nope! Lol.

not flame polishable but headlight restore kit works wonders on them. ive seen window is available a few places, maybe check pinball spare parts in Australia.

#1710 6 years ago

Still looking for good apron decals although in a pinch just a shooter lane would work... anyone holding?

#1711 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Still looking for good apron decals although in a pinch just a shooter lane would work... anyone holding?

https://www.pinballsearch.com/#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=creature%20from%20the%20black%20lagoon%20apron%20decals

#1712 6 years ago

Kinda neat, but no joy. Treasure Cove seems like the only show in town, but I hear sketchy things about them these days... anyone know any better?

#1713 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Kinda neat, but no joy. Treasure Cove seems like the only show in town, but I hear sketchy things about them these days... anyone know any better?

I have a new set that I could scan hi res if you want with a ruler next to it for sizing

#1714 6 years ago

Thanks swinks, but my printer game is weak.

#1715 6 years ago

Big thanks to all the members who have reached out so far in response to my parts requests. I'm pretty much done with the first part of this project (brought the game home and it's shopped and working) and put my first games on it today! It's not minty by any means (still a lil smoky in fact) but I think it's solid and presentable and it's got it where it counts, or at least it will because it's gonna be a hell of a player once we get it all dialed in!

IMG_4051 (resized).JPGIMG_4051 (resized).JPG

IMG_4050 (resized).JPGIMG_4050 (resized).JPG

IMG_4048 (resized).JPGIMG_4048 (resized).JPG

I brought in home in pieces, as the previous owner started on it but he kinda cooled on it and made me a great deal. He included a new ramps set (awesome) as well as green flipper bats, titan rubbers, posts, Cliffys and lots of other bits and pieces. He had given it a once over but it was still REALLY dirty and it took a lot of cleaning, more than pretty much any other game I've ever shopped. SO MUCH SMOKE.... it was just vile! Pretty much every screw hole on the PF was stripped and needed fixing. The Snack Bar had some serious wear and there were/are a few PF gouges that we fixed and touched up the best we could. Luckily they are generally under plastics and ramps, like pretty much everything on CFTBL! But there are a couple holes left if you know where to look...

All the various mechs were removed and rebuilt with new sleeves and where needed new tips and grommets. The flippers were completely replaced (they were petty sketchy, with a lot of mismatched hardware, old springs and the wrong coils) as well as the pop bumpers, which were also lit off of the GI and have cool clear bases and some neat Comet pop bumper lights installed. Boards and connectors all looked good (wow) and all I really did in the backbox was clean and install a remote battery holder. Went for almost all LEDs (except a few for cosmetic reasons) and spent a lot of time fooling with the holo light, motors and mirrors. Holo is petty blurry and blue sadly. The motors I have are pretty sketchy, but a big thanks to drummermike who sent me his old motors and some needed parts and MrBellMan who came up clutch with a NOS holo motor!

Future plans? Would love to replace the translite and holo. Have a new Lagoon window on the way, the one in it now is broken. Cab decals? That would be nice, the cab is a lil sketch. PF swap? You never know. This one is pretty good... Color DMD for sure. Gonna strip and repaint the coin door, I gave it a once over but it's still kinda dicey, and I have new speakers for the backbox, and already replaced the cab speaker. You can't beat that upgrade for the price!

Anyways thanks again to anyone who has answered questions or reached out with parts offers or assistances. It's great to be able to bring this poor, filthy, hacked game back to a nice, playable state, and I can't wait to share it with my local pin-crew.

#1716 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Big thanks to all the members who have reached out so far in response to my parts requests. I'm pretty much done with the first part of this project (brought the game home and it's shopped and working) and put my first games on it today! It's not minty by any means (still a lil smoky in fact) but I think it's solid and presentable and it's got it where it counts, or at least it will because it's gonna be a hell of a player once we get it all dialed in!

I brought in home in pieces, as the previous owner started on it but he kinda cooled on it and made me a great deal. He included a new ramps set (awesome) as well as green flipper bats, titan rubbers, posts, Cliffys and lots of other bits and pieces. He had given it a once over but it was still REALLY dirty and it took a lot of cleaning, more than pretty much any other game I've ever shopped. SO MUCH SMOKE.... it was just vile! Pretty much every screw hole on the PF was stripped and needed fixing. The Snack Bar had some serious wear and there were/are a few PF gouges that we fixed and touched up the best we could. Luckily they are generally under plastics and ramps, like pretty much everything on CFTBL! But there are a couple holes left if you know where to look...
All the various mechs were removed and rebuilt with new sleeves and where needed new tips and grommets. The flippers were completely replaced (they were petty sketchy, with a lot of mismatched hardware, old springs and the wrong coils) as well as the pop bumpers, which were also lit off of the GI and have cool clear bases and some neat Comet pop bumper lights installed. Boards and connectors all looked good (wow) and all I really did in the backbox was clean and install a remote battery holder. Went for almost all LEDs (except a few for cosmetic reasons) and spent a lot of time fooling with the holo light, motors and mirrors. Holo is petty blurry and blue sadly. The motors I have are pretty sketchy, but a big thanks to drummermike who sent me his old motors and some needed parts and MrBellMan who came up clutch with a NOS holo motor!
Future plans? Would love to replace the translite and holo. Have a new Lagoon window on the way, the one in it now is broken. Cab decals? That would be nice, the cab is a lil sketch. PF swap? You never know. This one is pretty good... Color DMD for sure. Gonna strip and repaint the coin door, I gave it a once over but it's still kinda dicey, and I have new speakers for the backbox, and already replaced the cab speaker. You can't beat that upgrade for the price!
Anyways thanks again to anyone who has answered questions or reached out with parts offers or assistances. It's great to be able to bring this poor, filthy, hacked game back to a nice, playable state, and I can't wait to share it with my local pin-crew.

Lovely! What are you thinking for the hologram? Try a repro or go for the LCD screen?

#1717 6 years ago

some ideas:
ColorDMD
Taillight mod
Snackbar mod
Pinsound with Thewool mix +speaker upgrade
Green undercab light
Enough to do....

#1718 6 years ago

Anybody wanna leave the club and sell me theirs?

#1719 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

some ideas:
ColorDMD
Taillight mod
Snackbar mod
Pinsound with Thewool mix +speaker upgrade
Green undercab light
Enough to do....

ColorDMD for sure. Taillight mod, maybe. Halfway thru the speaker upgrade. The rest isn't really my speed but you never know.

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Lovely! What are you thinking for the hologram? Try a repro or go for the LCD screen?

Not sure, probably gonna stick with a holo, as I like the originalness of it... that's an EXPENSIVE ASS repro tho. Maybe if the new "MikeD" style mod is simple and cost effective.. I guess you never know.

Btw, if anyone wants some CFTBL mods... I have a Pinbits halogen upgrade, as well as a pop bumper flasher kit and a green mirror I did not end up using. I'm still looking for a decent holo, used is fine as long as it's better than what I have now, and a translite... mine has some dings and someone scribbled on it. Trades are always considered or make me an offer. Thanks!

#1720 6 years ago

Quick question (assuming it's okay to ask this question in here) -- A guy local to me has a beat up CFTBL import that plays pretty well, but it's worn and weathered. I haven't seen pictures, so I don't know how bad the pf is yet. Hologram doesn't work.

What would you expect to pay for such a thing?

Thanks,
Steven

#1721 6 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Quick question (assuming it's okay to ask this question in here) -- A guy local to me has a beat up CFTBL import that plays pretty well, but it's worn and weathered. I haven't seen pictures, so I don't know how bad the pf is yet. Hologram doesn't work.
What would you expect to pay for such a thing?
Thanks,
Steven

I'd be curious to hear others' thoughts, but my gut reaction is $3500-4K, depending on the extent of the wear.

#1722 6 years ago

I passed on a nice player for $4500 before getting my current machine, which is also a re-import.

Most parts aren't too hard to find, but depending on how rough it is and where you want to take it, be warned that a few critical ones are... Translites and playfields have been done in the past, but seem scarce now, and the Hologram motors are tough to find and it uses two of them. There is a repro holo out there now tho, which is great.

#1723 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I'd be curious to hear others' thoughts, but my gut reaction is $3500-4K, depending on the extent of the wear.

Bad flipper button wear on both sides.
Wear around FILM.
Cabinet cracked around shooter rod.
GI appears the be out.
Badly needs a shop.

photo0 (resized).jpgphoto0 (resized).jpg

imagejpeg_0 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0 (resized).jpg

Creech1 (resized).jpgCreech1 (resized).jpg

Creech2 (resized).jpgCreech2 (resized).jpg

#1724 6 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Bad flipper button wear on both sides. Wear around FILM. Cabinet cracked around shooter rod. GI appears the be out.
And badly needs a shop.

Sorry, but I would just walk away from this one.

#1725 6 years ago

I would not walk away from that but I wouldnt offer more than say $1500.00

#1726 6 years ago

Not sure how you guys can justify paying 30% of a pin's value when it's 100% working and only has about $900-$1000 worth of work to fully restore.

It's interesting. Do I wanna pay as little as possible? Of course. But I don't wanna offend the guy either.

Creech99 (resized).jpgCreech99 (resized).jpg

#1727 6 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Not sure how you guys can justify paying 30% of a pin's value when it's 100% working and only has about $900-$1000 worth of work to fully restore.
It's interesting. Do I wanna pay as little as possible? Of course. But I don't wanna offend the guy either.

I agree. The photos you posted are not difficult fixes. It's not like this pin is missing boards or has a South Park size hole in the PF. I think $3000 max is a decent offer depending on the Snack Bar hole, and KISS hole.

#1728 6 years ago

I'd pay $1500 for that all day every day. But unless it's a fire sale or he's way out of the loop, that probably ain't happening.

#1729 6 years ago

I think the flipper wear is the worst thing and there is not a decal available for this. This is what mine looked like... I made my own decal which I'm happy with but I would say make your mind up on how much you are going to spend to get this in the condition you want.

IMG_4105 (resized).JPGIMG_4105 (resized).JPG

#1730 6 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Well if you think you can make that a $4500.00 machine with $900-$1000 investment than go for it. Offer him $2800.00 and be happy with it.

#1731 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I think the flipper wear is the worst thing and there is not a decal available for this. This is what mine looked like... I made my own decal which I'm happy with but I would say make your mind up on how much you are going to spend to get this in the condition you want.

Geez ...

#1732 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Well if you think you can make that a $4500.00 machine with $900-$1000 investment than go for it. Offer him $2800.00 and be happy with it.

Maybe I missed it, but he never said he wanted to make it a $4500 machine. Putting $1000 into a CFTBL if he gets it for $2500-$3500 still allows him to get a CFTBL for a fairly decent price. The repairs can be made and he will have a great machine for less than most people sell their CFTBL.

#1733 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Maybe I missed it, but he never said he wanted to make it a $4500 machine. Putting $1000 into a CFTBL if he gets it for $2500-$3500 still allows him to get a CFTBL for a fairly decent price. The repairs can be made and he will have a great machine for less than most people sell their CFTBL.

^^^ This guy gets it.

#1734 6 years ago

Yeah I think that train has sailed tho, and that game as sits is probably a $3500 game, at least where I live. Assuming it's complete and plays. A totally missing holo setup will cost some $$$ to replace.

#1735 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

A totally missing holo setup will cost some $$$ to replace.

Honestly, I don't think the hologram is something that makes or breaks this game. I had a CFTBL with a faded blue hologram that was in working condition and I never found myself even looking at it when it triggered. Yes, the green is more vibrant and maybe would have captured more of my attention but I still don't think it's a big deal. Many people with working holograms still went ahead and opted for the Mike D mod, and pinballsp has a prototype in the works so there are options out there if you have time/money.

#1736 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Honestly, I don't think the hologram is something that makes or breaks this game. I had a CFTBL with a faded blue hologram that was in working condition and I never found myself even looking at it when it triggered. Yes, the green is more vibrant and maybe would have captured more of my attention but I still don't think it's a big deal. Many people with working holograms still went ahead and opted for the Mike D mod, and pinballsp has a prototype in the works so there are options out there if you have time/money.

I still think it's too much $$ for absolutely 0 gain... That's why I have a "real" 3D Creech down in my "lagoon".

#1737 6 years ago

end of the day buy a game that you like and comfortable to pay

I bought in 2011 a euro beat up CFTBL for $2.3k, no holo, a little playfield wear, a little cabinet wear but when it arrived discovered cabinet at both front corners, lots of cabinet scraps and base cracked into 3 pieces held up with a outer steel brace. Funny enough has been the only pin to stay in 7 years and apart from mods has remained the same. In that time, I got Phoenix cabinet decals, ramps, plastics, drive light speaker panel and even a IPB playfield - so happy to slowly collect parts for a one day create a nice pin. As for holo I am still happy with my non holo mod - transparent green action figure back lit.

old photo as no longer have the car and have some custom mods in replacement

non holo (resized).jpgnon holo (resized).jpg

#1738 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I still think it's too much $$ for absolutely 0 gain... That's why I have a "real" 3D Creech down in my "lagoon".

As much as I agree, it still doesn't mean I wouldn't use a $400 minimum fix as a bargaining point.

#1739 6 years ago

Hello guys... I bought my Creech this week... super excited!!!
I'm love with the machine! It's beautiful!!! And so many possibilities!!!
I will check all the pages...
For sure soon I will need some advices and opinions...
Greetings from Austria!!!!

#1740 6 years ago

Have fun!

#1741 6 years ago

Where is a good place to set the Outlane posts? Right now Myn are wide open on both sides... pretty challenging.

#1742 6 years ago

In the cash box.

"FOCUS!"

#1743 6 years ago

I have a full set of brand new ramps for CFTBL and a Swinks Snackbar versions 1 for sale including all decals etc, still in box for $400
puhlease and thank you

Added over 6 years ago: Sold

#1744 6 years ago

Guys...
My machine have some small insert problems... what should I do?!?
1- Forget them?
2- Apply some insert decals over it and mylar?!? It works?!?

In general the playfiled is great... just those small "cracks" in some inserts.

Photos attached...

Opinions are very welcome!!!

Thanks!!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1745 6 years ago

Well, it's never gonna get better, so you can either touch up and clear or Mylar, or redecal and clear or Mylar, or just play it as it lies.

I have a couple few spots like that on my game too, I'm just gonna try a touch up and use Mylar to protect.

#1746 6 years ago

Thanks fir your feedback...

Do you think I could buy (link) those decals inserts... put it over the actual ones... and apply mylar over everything?!?

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/game-specific-items/bally/creature-from-the-black-lagoon/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-insert-decals.html

It works?!??? Apply the decals directly over the cracked ones?!?

Thanks!

#1747 6 years ago
Quoted from Mavmav:

My machine have some small insert problems... what should I do?!?

If you’re concerned about them getting worse, wax the pf, and then install Mylar over them.

Otherwise, I think the decals and Mylar wouldn’t really look any better, since you wouldn’t be filling the cracks.

#1748 6 years ago

Just play the heck out of it.
-Riles

#1749 6 years ago

LEDs in the inserts, wax, mylar to keep them from getting worse.

#1750 6 years ago

Ok, I'll bite.

I bought a new hologram shield, and it comes with 3 (plus 1 extra) movie light flasher shields. I don't think my game has any of these shields, so I really don't know where they are supposed to go. Can anyone help me out with some pictures as to where these shields are supposed to go?

Provided is a pic of the hologram shield plus the individual light shields. Thanks!

DSCN2284 (resized).JPGDSCN2284 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Williamston, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,672 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/35?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.