Topic Stats

• 2,665 posts
  • 326 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by badbilly27
  • Topic is favorited by 173 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 861 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9D12D434-58AB-430B-8527-92EB88195906 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191004_193700-01 (resized).jpeg
CFTBLBGMirror (resized).jpg
CFTBLBackglass (resized).jpg
1159726F-3995-4920-BE77-9C2185A194EC (resized).jpeg
D6599647-9BDE-48B3-A8C7-EEB1B16BF3E2 (resized).jpeg
58A065AC-CF80-4A3A-8702-D3D094633F33 (resized).jpeg
6710599A-5F09-4AE4-89F6-8CF2CE37CECD (resized).jpeg
E7E815DE-DFF0-4722-81FB-A8537AC967CC (resized).jpeg
20170325_170028 (resized).jpg
1FE04F9A-B471-42B3-A294-29EE1CC085CF (resized).jpeg
15691734751091185920001 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
15690259299341261965783 (resized).jpg
Bowl_mrs (resized).jpg
52FC9C63-137D-40BA-B25C-3F355088885C (resized).jpeg

There are 2665 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 54.
#1651 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

.... I bought the original topper and some action figures

Can you show me an original topper for Creech?
Did not know there is/was an original topper

#1652 1 year ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Can you show me an original topper for Creech?
Did not know there is/was an original topper

IMG_20171010_184344 (resized).jpg

Third piece from the left!

IMG-20171108-WA0007 (resized).jpeg

#1653 1 year ago

Those are all awesome! Could you guys make a list of the cars that match the speaker panel please.

#1654 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Third piece from the left!

That's not really a topper, it's a promo plastic. Makes a decent topper tho, just a little small.

#1655 1 year ago

Thats the 3D promo plastic that was made for the game. If anybody is interested in one I have several that I am thinking of selling.

#1656 1 year ago

Well, I see no other use for these plastics unless... as a topper

#1657 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well, I see no other use for these plastics unless... as a topper

There not good for that either. I guess for somebody who collects plastics it is cool.

#1658 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've actually been working on something for myself for my CftBL for the past 3 years on and off (it kept getting bumped to the back of the line by other projects
it will probably not be something that I will market and sell (due to the costs and the complexity of it), but the gist is to replace all 3 of the PETG signposts and their incandescent bulbs with LCD panels. the panels will appear [mostly] dark and static and then will light up and animate the active mode
here's an example of the animations for right side panel that I'm pretty happy with now. I've begun coding the logic on how I will trigger and animation the specific areas based on which mode is active

I'm reaching out and will attempt to work with swinks on bringing an [affordable] version of the signpost mod that will illuminate the various sections from behind (and eliminating those incandescent bulb holes in the plastics

since I never had any intention of marketing my project (I can't see people wanting to pay upwards of $500+ for the mod, let alone me wanting to support all of the potential technical issues), this solution might be a good alternative for those looking for something a little different than the stock plastics

#1659 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm reaching out and will attempt to work with swinks on bringing an [affordable] version of the signpost mod that will illuminate the various sections from behind (and eliminating those incandescent bulb holes in the plastics
since I never had any intention of marketing my project (I can't see people wanting to pay upwards of $500+ for the mod, let alone me wanting to support all of the potential technical issues), this solution might be a good alternative for those looking for something a little different than the stock plastics

can confirm, we are in chats and happy to team up with j_m_ if people are interested in a signpost mod

#1660 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

can confirm, we are in chats and happy to team up with j_m_ if people are interested in a signpost mod

Put me down for one.

#1661 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

Hey Swinks, put me down for this as well!

#1662 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

Hell yes, put me down for one. Thanks Swinks!

#1663 1 year ago

interested.....

#1664 1 year ago

Jeez another cool must have mod for Creech!? You guys are killing my bank account!

#1665 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

What the hell put me down,creech is my go to game.

#1666 1 year ago

If Jady's previous CFTBL mods are any indication of the quality of this latest mod, then sign me up. Looking forward to seeing what the final product looks like.

Gord

#1667 1 year ago

yep, why not put me down as well

#1668 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

since I never had any intention of marketing my project (I can't see people wanting to pay upwards of $500+ for the mod).

I'm interested, but I'd rather pay the $500+ for your original idea of three displays replacing the three plastic placards.

#1669 1 year ago

Very interested great idea

#1670 1 year ago

Creature front decal only purchased from Illinois Pinball $100 shipped in the US

89597EC2-0219-4D01-8571-71DB96CE5BB9 (resized).jpeg

3D20C26B-9656-40E5-A7B3-381AA707FEA4 (resized).jpeg

45012FE0-6B5C-40AD-A89C-5FC5FCD6CCA2 (resized).jpeg

#1671 1 year ago

My Creature isn't happy trying to run both ColorDMD and my recently installed speaker panel mod, it keeps rebooting instead of fully starting. Unplug the speaker panel mod and it starts just fine, so it's definitely that the two mods together are drawing too much power. Any suggestions for an easy solution to run both easily?

#1672 1 year ago

MikeD made a power adaptor mod to solve this issue--don't know if they are available anymore or not.

#1673 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

My Creature isn't happy trying to run both ColorDMD and my recently installed speaker panel mod, it keeps rebooting instead of fully starting. Unplug the speaker panel mod and it starts just fine, so it's definitely that the two mods together are drawing too much power. Any suggestions for an easy solution to run both easily?

Get a dedicated 12V power source (basic computer power supply) to run both. Easiest way to deal with it.

#1674 1 year ago

Wish I could "unsee" this mess....

pasted_image (resized).png

#1675 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Looks like you have a nice used car lot there.

#1676 1 year ago

[re]move your cars!

#1677 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

LOL, that is some funny stuff.

Gord

#1678 1 year ago

I like the chrome lockdown bar!

Quoted from j_m_:

[re]move your cars!

Hahaha! That really says it all.

#1679 1 year ago

1 week from today!!!!!

CFTBL (resized).jpg

#1680 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

1 week from today!!!!!

Congrats! And thanks for the pic, now I KNOW my Universal Monsters logo on the apron is faded.

#1681 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Congrats! And thanks for the pic, now I KNOW my Universal Monsters logo on the apron is faded.

Where could we get, at least, this UM logo decal?

#1682 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Where could we get, at least, this UM logo decal?

Beats me, you're the label man!

#1683 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Beats me, you're the label man!

Maybe someone could be kind enough to hi-res scan a nice one for us?

#1684 1 year ago

I have this on file and not sure if I found it or scanned it as have a replacement decal - will look into that later

Centre Apron KMonsters Scan.jpg

#1685 1 year ago

I haven't ordered from them for years but they're listed on Treasure Cove's website.

#1686 1 year ago

unless treasure cove has changed their source material, their product was not that great. the greens were off for the seaweed and lacking the white highlights as well

#1687 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

unless treasure cove has changed their source material, their product was not that great. the greens were off for the seaweed and lacking the white highlights as well

I would never claim to be a critical eye, but I actually mixed the TC apron stickers with the original labels back in the day and I don't remember it being bad. Of course I was working with that or 2/3rds black apron so maybe it was a "better than nothing" moment.

#1688 1 year ago

Hey, is anyone (maybe someone who did a Mike D style upgrade?) sitting on a decent used holo in the carrier? Mine is blue and while that doesn't annoy me THAT bad it's got a big black spot that does kinda hurt.

And I'm not pleading poverty or anything, I'm just trying to go clean and cheap on this one... for now at least!

So if you do, lets make a deal, hit me up via PM please. Thanks!

#1689 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Get a dedicated 12V power source (basic computer power supply) to run both. Easiest way to deal with it.

Just to follow up, I ended up getting the Kahr power mod board, which runs the 5 volts for the CPU off the 12 volt line, freeing up a lot of power on the 5 volt line. I consider this more a quick easy fix than a long term solution, but the speaker panel mod ran great, along with a colordmd, for my entire Xmas Eve party with no CPU reboots. This is the board I picked up, it was shipped quickly and super easy to install: http://www.kahr.us/daughterboard.html

#1690 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Just to follow up, I ended up getting the Kahr power mod board, which runs the 5 volts for the CPU off the 12 volt line, freeing up a lot of power on the 5 volt line. I consider this more a quick easy fix than a long term solution, but the speaker panel mod ran great, along with a colordmd, for my entire Xmas Eve party with no CPU reboots. This is the board I picked up, it was shipped quickly and super easy to install: http://www.kahr.us/daughterboard.html

+1 for the Kahr board. I have it within all my pins!

#1691 1 year ago

I have his Pro board in my Creech because of all the mods in it, and actually used it recently to diagnose an issue in another WPC game (which turned out to be the thermistor).

+2 for the rkahr board!

#1692 1 year ago

Does anyone have problems with rusty/oxided balls when they get too much time standing under-the-playfield ball through? Well, I do have that trouble with my Creech so I just acquired this piece of plastic that fits right to any B/W game.

IMG_20171230_111209 (resized).jpg

#1693 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Does anyone have problems with rusty/oxided balls when they get too much time standing under-the-playfield ball through? Well, I do have that trouble with my Creech so I just acquired this piece of plastic that fits right to any B/W game.

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_8&products_id=449&zenid=6662b066c8233392366cb4abd8216342

#1694 1 year ago

Are you following me pinrob? You never posted on this thread!!! Guess you're a bit jeaulos, huh? Well, mine was way cheaper!

#1695 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

That won't fit Creech tho, it has a different kind of trough.

#1696 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

That won't fit Creech tho, it has a different kind of trough.

Yeah, I just saw it....

#1697 1 year ago

It will fit in CV.

#1698 1 year ago

I ended up installing them at my Congo and my TotAN... Does anyone know where to find a similar part for CftBL? Maybe pinrob can help us?

1 week later
#1699 1 year ago

20180108_122059_resized (resized).jpg

20180108_122110_resized (resized).jpg

#1700 1 year ago

My pin has the MikeD holo mod. I want to test the old holo motors to see if they work. How would I do this? I can't see the old connections inside. I do not want to burn them out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
There are 2665 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 54.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside