IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 115.
#1601 6 years ago

The alternate NSFW translite btw is of terrible quality. Bought it, put the original one back in (all blurred, not high-res).

#1603 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Who said it's an alternate translite?

then what is it ?

#1604 6 years ago

It looks like an old movie poster.

#1605 6 years ago

Guys, that's just a joke... Haven't you all ever heard about Rankin-Bass and his movie Mad Monster Party? As a kid I watched this film a zillion times!

#1606 6 years ago

Just did this powdercoat for a customers CFTBL. I love it

20171126_172048 (resized).jpg20171126_172048 (resized).jpg

20171126_172141 (resized).jpg20171126_172141 (resized).jpg

20171126_172043 (resized).jpg20171126_172043 (resized).jpg

20171126_163847 (resized).jpg20171126_163847 (resized).jpg

20171126_163840 (resized).jpg20171126_163840 (resized).jpg

20171126_172038 (resized).jpg20171126_172038 (resized).jpg

#1607 6 years ago

normally, I'm not a fan of the weird powder coats, but that one does look incredible. very subtle

were you planning on doing the side rails as well?

#1608 6 years ago

Nice! I'm getting the metal parts on mine painted in a very bright lime green. Inspired by a picture of a sick CFTBL I saw somewhere on the web. Might need to bet custom decals for the cabinet though with a highly saturated pink.
I changed the LEDs in the bowl and main ramp and noticed that some of the sockets were worn out and wouldn't light the LEDs up. Slightly annoyed as I'm going to have to remove the ramp and bowl again to change them...
IMG_5250 (resized).JPGIMG_5250 (resized).JPG

#1609 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

normally, I'm not a fan of the weird powder coats, but that one does look incredible. very subtle
were you planning on doing the side rails as well?

Did the entire exterior of game

#1610 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Did the entire exterior of game

Looks beautiful - gotta see it installed at the machine now!

#1611 6 years ago

Yeah, I would like to see that one all together. VERY cool looking parts, nice work!

#1612 6 years ago

I'm looking for the Mike D mod and Swinks movie screen and snack bar mod.
Does anybody have a lead on one of these items? If so, shoot me a pm. That would be fantastic!

#1613 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I'm looking for the Mike D mod and Swinks movie screen and snack bar mod.
Does anybody have a lead on one of these items? If so, shoot me a pm. That would be fantastic!

I have finished the run on Snackbar v2 mods but doing a v3 early 2018 if I get enough interest. To help me send me a pm with your full name, address and email and put you on the list.

I guessing the movie screen mode is the poster mod. The lcd version is discontinued and the static version is able to be done as a DIY and I can supply a manual of how to do it.

cheers

Jady

#1614 6 years ago

That's the GREATEST alternate translite ever for CFTBL.

Fixed it for ya.

#1615 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I have finished the run on Snackbar v2 mods but doing a v3 early 2018 if I get enough interest. To help me send me a pm with your full name, address and email and put you on the list.
I guessing the movie screen mode is the poster mod. The lcd version is discontinued and the static version is able to be done as a DIY and I can supply a manual of how to do it.
cheers
Jady

V3????

#1616 6 years ago

Does anybody have an extra Poster Mod by Swinks with the LCD screen? I love this mod!
I think have a snack bar mod so I think I'm good there.

Shoot me a pm pretty please!
Thanks.

#1617 6 years ago

yeah, I like to mix it up but have not done alot of designing yet but want to do a cleaner look with just one screw lockdown of the top to the SS base and want to do something different on the front for lighting the neon tubes of the snackbar.... will start a v3 thread when I have a prototype made for thoughts and interest.

But 5 people have already locked in a position for the first mini batch when it happens - thanks for the support guys.

#1618 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Does anybody have an extra Poster Mod by Swinks with the LCD screen? I love this mod!
I think have a snack bar mod so I think I'm good there.
Shoot me a pm pretty please!
Thanks.

Sparky made the other larger version and filled the orders of the guys when I decided not to proceed - best to chase him for and see if he can help you out.
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/sparky

#1619 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Sparky made the other larger version and filled the orders of the guys when I decided not to proceed - best to chase him for and see if he can help you out.
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/sparky

Thanks Swinks! I'll try contacting him.

#1620 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Thanks Swinks! I'll try contacting him.

I am not sure if you have seen this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-lcd-movie-poster-mod-installed#post-2981813

Gord

#1621 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

yeah, I like to mix it up but have not done alot of designing yet but want to do a cleaner look with just one screw lockdown of the top to the SS base and want to do something different on the front for lighting the neon tubes of the snackbar.... will start a v3 thread when I have a prototype made for thoughts and interest.
But 5 people have already locked in a position for the first mini batch when it happens - thanks for the support guys.

Any thoughts on eliminating the screws on the top? Maybe screw the 'roof' to the base from the underside? I'd be in on a V3 model Swinks.

I installed the V1 onto a CFTBL that I borrowed and I never removed it when the owner took back the machine. I sort of left in on as a thank you and because I felt it was being wasted having sat in a box for almost 2 years.

#1622 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Any thoughts on eliminating the screws on the top? Maybe screw the 'roof' to the base from the underside? I'd be in on a V3 model Swinks.
I installed the V1 onto a CFTBL that I borrowed and I never removed it when the owner took back the machine. I sort of left in on as a thank you and because I felt it was being wasted having sat in a box for almost 2 years.

I am hoping to have it at the back angled edge so the roof is then clean and no screws removing the risk of a slightly twisted decal and just cleaner. It still needs to be on the outside but want a slide and lock type feature. V1 had 5 screws, and v2 had 2, and v3 I aim for one on the pop bumper outer side near the sign

I am hoping for this version to just capture a little of the el wire look, but be bright like the v2 and with something a little special I hope.....

#1623 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I am hoping to have it at the back angled edge so the roof is then clean and no screws removing the risk of a slightly twisted decal and just cleaner. It still needs to be on the outside but want a slide and lock type feature. V1 had 5 screws, and v2 had 2, and v3 I aim for one on the pop bumper outer side near the sign
I am hoping for this version to just capture a little of the el wire look, but be bright like the v2 and with something a little special I hope.....

The slide/lock is exactly what I was trying to describe but you managed to describe it much better than I. I really liked the v1 EL wire, but the brightness of it was a little lacklustre to me. I had a blue version. I know you suggested pink to me and I think that is the way I would go with any future releases. I also tried to purchase new pink EL wire but it was never restocked. The v1 mod was such an incredible and subtle mod. It fit the game perfectly. So much so that I had to point it out to people that saw it. For the v3 I'm hoping for some tweaks that keep it subtle but at the same time has that "wow" factor.

Swinks have you ever thought of re-designing the signage? You know the BIG MILLIONS sign on the right ramp and the JACKPOT above the snack bar. Nothing drastic, just something that enhances what's already there. Make them more drive-in movie-ish instead of the dull flat signs we have now.

#1624 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Just did this powdercoat for a customers CFTBL. I love it

installed the armor today photos don't even come close to how cool it looks

IMG_4950 (resized).JPGIMG_4950 (resized).JPG

IMG_7164 (resized).JPGIMG_7164 (resized).JPG

IMG_8126 (resized).JPGIMG_8126 (resized).JPG

#1625 6 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

It's so hard to tell in the photos. But I think I'm going to order the same thing anyway!

#1626 6 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

It looks too dark for me...

#1627 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

It's so hard to tell in the photos. But I think I'm going to order the same thing anyway!

ya its tough to capture in the photos, from across the room looks like gloss black, then you get up close and its boom, just enough color not to be over powering.

#1628 6 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

#1629 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

understandable, i didn't want a bright over powering green

#1630 6 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

Nice! I'm getting the metal parts on mine painted in a very bright lime green. Inspired by a picture of a sick CFTBL I saw somewhere on the web. Might need to bet custom decals for the cabinet though with a highly saturated pink.
I changed the LEDs in the bowl and main ramp and noticed that some of the sockets were worn out and wouldn't light the LEDs up. Slightly annoyed as I'm going to have to remove the ramp and bowl again to change them...

Looks like I will be joining this club soon!! Wht size are the LEDs are the main Creature ramp, or where do you get them? They look like miniature LEDs.

#1631 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Looks like I will be joining this club soon!! Wht size are the LEDs are the main Creature ramp, or where do you get them? They look like miniature LEDs.

comet sells them green or purple

#1633 6 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

Installed the armor today photos don't even come close to how cool it looks.

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

My CFTBL came with a stainless lockdown bar and painted black legs. I kept the stainless and upgraded the legs and leg bolts to black nickel (from Chris) and added black levelers. It is subtle but very classy. I'm sure it's too dark for you, Alex, and going gloss black powdercoat instead would look similar and would have been much cheaper. But my Creature deserved it and I really like it.

#1634 6 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

That looks dope dude, love it.

I used to have a Creech with the speckled metal siderails and I had legs that matched, they looked really cool, but I don't think anyone still makes them.

#1635 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Swinks have you ever thought of re-designing the signage? You know the BIG MILLIONS sign on the right ramp and the JACKPOT above the snack bar. Nothing drastic, just something that enhances what's already there. Make them more drive-in movie-ish instead of the dull flat signs we have now.

I've actually been working on something for myself for my CftBL for the past 3 years on and off (it kept getting bumped to the back of the line by other projects

it will probably not be something that I will market and sell (due to the costs and the complexity of it), but the gist is to replace all 3 of the PETG signposts and their incandescent bulbs with LCD panels. the panels will appear [mostly] dark and static and then will light up and animate the active mode

here's an example of the animations for right side panel that I'm pretty happy with now. I've begun coding the logic on how I will trigger and animation the specific areas based on which mode is active
cftbl - right signpost v1.gifcftbl - right signpost v1.gif

#1636 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've actually been working on something for myself for my CftBL for the past 3 years on and off (it kept getting bumped to the back of the line by other projects
it will probably not be something that I will market and sell (due to the costs and the complexity of it), but the gist is to replace all 3 of the PETG signposts and their incandescent bulbs with LCD panels. the panels will appear [mostly] dark and static and then will light up and animate the active mode
here's an example of the animations for right side panel that I'm pretty happy with now. I've begun coding the logic on how I will trigger and animation the specific areas based on which mode is active

That looks pretty damn cool!
If you consider doing a small run, let me know I'd be all over a set of those.

#1637 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

That looks perfect to me. I hope you find time to follow through with it. It would be a great addition if done properly.

#1638 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

If you can pull this off you will have a winner of a mod on your hands. Keep us posted as I will most definitely buy one for my Creech.

Gord

#1639 6 years ago

Count me in if that should ever happen.

#1640 6 years ago

Me too!

#1641 6 years ago

Cool as hell but I anticipate kinda expensive...

Now, could we redesign the plastics so the lamps light up behind them? Would it be cheaper and with a similar effect?

If someone can provide me high-res scans of the 3 signs I may come up with sthg (no promises).

#1642 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Now that you've shared it--you have to make it available--nice mod!

#1643 6 years ago

I have considered doing backlit art signs and have the art which was j_m_'s starting point and these are looking great j_m_

for the moment I will hold off and let j_m_ give it a go.

#1644 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

it will probably not be something that I will market and sell (due to the costs and the complexity of it), but the gist is to replace all 3 of the PETG signposts and their incandescent bulbs with LCD panels.

I'd probably buy it as well, but if you don't want to produce them, it would be awesome if you shared the design open source for others to copy!!

#1645 6 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I'd probably buy it as well, but if you don't want to produce them, it would be awesome if you shared the design open source for others to copy!!

If j_m_ decides at some point that he doesn't want to produce these then it sounds like a good opportunity for swinks to step in as all of his other CFTBL mods are really well done.

Gord

#1646 6 years ago

Been thinking about getting model cars to match the speaker grille lined up as a topper. Anyone ever do this and anyone have a list of what the cars are on the speaker panel?

#1647 6 years ago

003 (resized).JPG003 (resized).JPG

005 (resized).JPG005 (resized).JPG

007 (resized).JPG007 (resized).JPG

Back in the club!! Gonna bring this beauty back. Previous owner got it here and then lost interest. Its bones are solid but it needs some love.

#1648 6 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Been thinking about getting model cars to match the speaker grille lined up as a topper. Anyone ever do this and anyone have a list of what the cars are on the speaker panel?

Here's my one, I am going to make a screen with a scene from the film for the creature to be bursting through.

CFTBL Topper (resized).JPGCFTBL Topper (resized).JPG

#1649 6 years ago

I am not a topper fan but that looks great. I would place the cars a bit more slaunted so you can see them more. Make a parking lot as underground with the small poles for the speakers. With the movie screen, would be great.

#1650 6 years ago

A few years ago, when I acquired my machine, that was my first thought for toppers.... but then I bought the original topper and some action figures, including that amazing bust coin-bank.... Anyway, the cars ended up on a shelf in my home-office!

IMG_20171210_071742 (resized).jpgIMG_20171210_071742 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171210_071800 (resized).jpgIMG_20171210_071800 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171210_071751 (resized).jpgIMG_20171210_071751 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171210_071736 (resized).jpgIMG_20171210_071736 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 115.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.