IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6490 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6280 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 114.
#1551 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Joe,
Close-up photos of the driver and CPU boards from my CFTBL are shown below.
Gord

The wood dowels in your battery area are sheer genius sir!

#1552 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

The wood dowels in your battery area are sheer genius sir!

Thanks, but I cannot take credit for that. I purchased my remote battery holders from Rob Anthony at 'Lock When Lit'.

http://lockwhenlit.com/products.htm

I think that Rob has now replaced the wooden dowels with plastic dowels in his remote battery holder product.

Gord

#1553 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Thanks, but I cannot take credit for that. I purchased my remote battery holders from Rob Anthony at 'Lock When Lit'.
http://lockwhenlit.com/products.htm
I think that Rob has now replaced the wooden dowels with plastic dowels in his remote battery holder product.
Gord

Nope. It says right on his website; "Kit option includes wood dowels, not the white plastic of Plug and Play versions."

Nice. I like it better. It's homier.

1 week later
#1554 6 years ago

A few years ago I put LEDs in my CFTBL poppers. I recently tried to get them to flash by tying them into the three orange bolt lights in between the poppers. I used only one red wire (there are 3) and the one yellow wire on the triangular block used for the bolt lights. It did not work as I had hoped. Should each popper use a single red wire to tie in? Or should I not do it?

#1555 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

A few years ago I put LEDs in my CFTBL poppers. I recently tried to get them to flash by tying them into the three orange bolt lights in between the poppers. I used only one red wire (there are 3) and the one yellow wire on the triangular block used for the bolt lights. It did not work as I had hoped. Should each popper use a single red wire to tie in? Or should I not do it?

check the polarity of the led, maybe one or all need to be rotated 180 degrees ?

#1556 6 years ago

The LEDs light up the way I hooked them up but they are not flashing strong enough or frequent enough. It seems that I reduced the power of the 3 orange bolt flashers.

#1557 6 years ago
1 week later
#1559 6 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

A couple of things we are working on. The starlight sign in the back left and the swimming creature.
We will have 2 versions of the swimming creature. One that mounts on a wire that lights a green or we are mounting the creature on our pinspinners.
The pinspinners is a motorized mount that has a light on it. Many of our mods are transparent or frosted and can be lit from beneath. Our swimming creature is an example of this. The light is on one circuit and the motor is on another, both are powered from either GI or a play field light, because of this the motor and light can be on together or separate, and triggered from any light on the play field.
Our buttered popcorn and admit one ticket will also be available on our pinspinners.
Creature, popcorn and admit one ticket can be mounted in many places in the game.
https://www.facebook.com/lightedpinballmods/videos/355846858207922/
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
Should have all of these available in a few weeks. We don't get on the forums much, so PM us if interested.
Dan

The "swimming creature" is the good ol' burger king toy you find plenty on ebay for less than 5 bucks, right?

#1560 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

The "swimming creature" is the good ol' burger king toy you find plenty on ebay for less than 5 bucks, right?

NO!! NO!! NO!! Not even close! But thanks for valuing our item for under $5.

If you ever got the Burger King creature, even though it looks good, it does not fit well anyplace in the game. I think is 4.5 inches tall, and is just to big. I think the only place that fits is next to the snack bar in front of the super jackpot sign, but that blocks the sign. It just does not fit well in the game. Also because of the plastic that it is made of light does not transmit well through the Burger King creature. It just looks like a light in it's belly.

We hand made this creature and it is closer to 3.5 inches. We made 2 versions, and swimming and a standing creature. Ours are made of a light transmitting resin. When they are light up, everything lights up, including the arms and legs, but it is not a bright light, but more of a glow.

When we designed our creature we specifically designed it to match the scale of the swimming creature on the ramp. You can see the legs kicking and the arms swimming, which are positions that the Burger King creature can not move into.

1014171436_resized (resized).jpg1014171436_resized (resized).jpg

We also specifically designed our creature to look very similar to the swimming creatures that are pictured in a few locations on the game.

1014171436a_resized (resized).jpg1014171436a_resized (resized).jpg

1014171437_resized (resized).jpg1014171437_resized (resized).jpg

On our standing creature, because of the height, it can be mounted nearly anyplace on the game. Nearly anyplace their is a plastic in the game, you can mount our creature.

Our spinning creature does not light as well as the creatures that don't move. On the fixed creatures we can embed lights inside giving a very nice green glow. On the spinning creature we are forced to mount the light below.

It is so frustrating when we spend many, many hours to design an item that matches a game nearly perfectly and we have someone come along and say, that is what you can get on Ebay for under $5. It is because of this that we are not on the forums often.

I am pretty sure you can pick up the Starlight sign on Ebay for under $5 also.

#1561 6 years ago

Well, kudos for the figure! Though it looks like pretty similar to the burger king one, it really looks smaller... and you're right, the burger king creature lights only in his belly!

#1562 6 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

NO!! NO!! NO!! Not even close! But thanks for valuing our item for under $5.
If you ever got the Burger King creature, even though it looks good, it does not fit well anyplace in the game. I think is 4.5 inches tall, and is just to big. I think the only place that fits is next to the snack bar in front of the super jackpot sign, but that blocks the sign. It just does not fit well in the game. Also because of the plastic that it is made of light does not transmit well through the Burger King creature. It just looks like a light in it's belly.
We hand made this creature and it is closer to 3.5 inches. We made 2 versions, and swimming and a standing creature. Ours are made of a light transmitting resin. When they are light up, everything lights up, including the arms and legs, but it is not a bright light, but more of a glow.
When we designed our creature we specifically designed it to match the scale of the swimming creature on the ramp. You can see the legs kicking and the arms swimming, which are positions that the Burger King creature can not move into.

We also specifically designed our creature to look very similar to the swimming creatures that are pictured in a few locations on the game.

On our standing creature, because of the height, it can be mounted nearly anyplace on the game. Nearly anyplace their is a plastic in the game, you can mount our creature.
Our spinning creature does not light as well as the creatures that don't move. On the fixed creatures we can embed lights inside giving a very nice green glow. On the spinning creature we are forced to mount the light below.
It is so frustrating when we spend many, many hours to design an item that matches a game nearly perfectly and we have someone come along and say, that is what you can get on Ebay for under $5. It is because of this that we are not on the forums often.
I am pretty sure you can pick up the Starlight sign on Ebay for under $5 also.

All your creature mods look great hopefully postage to Australia doesn’t kill the deal Carnt wait until there available.

#1563 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well, kudos for the figure! Though it looks like pretty similar to the burger king one, it really looks smaller... and you're right, the burger king creature lights only in his belly!

Thanks.

Here is a picture of the Burger King creature. Much, much different. Taller, different color, odd chest plate, only standing and you have all of the odd looking joints.

1997_Burger_King_Universal_Studios_Monsters_Creature_From_The_Black_Lagoon (resized).JPG1997_Burger_King_Universal_Studios_Monsters_Creature_From_The_Black_Lagoon (resized).JPG

#1564 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

All your creature mods look great hopefully postage to Australia doesn’t kill the deal Carnt wait until there available.

Thank you very much for the positive feedback, I defiantly value it.

#1565 6 years ago

Agree with Gorgar1 these are some very nicely crafted creature figures. Definitely let us know when they are available , they look awesome!

#1566 6 years ago

from one modder to another modder, real nice work Dan

#1567 6 years ago

Are these licensed mods? I thought Creature was owned by Universal or is it considered part of the public domain now?

1 week later
#1568 6 years ago

Cool latex mask... thinking about using it as a topper!

IMG_20171025_172100(1) (resized).jpgIMG_20171025_172100(1) (resized).jpg

IMG_20171025_172110(1) (resized).jpgIMG_20171025_172110(1) (resized).jpg

#1569 6 years ago

Wewl good things come to those who wait....finally my taillight mod i stalled. Awesome on this machine. Great help from Jeff. Next mod is colordmd for this beautiful machine.

20171030_185454 (resized).jpg20171030_185454 (resized).jpg

#1570 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Wewl good things come to those who wait....finally my taillight mod i stalled. Awesome on this machine. Great help from Jeff. Next mod is colordmd for this beautiful machine.

The Jeff Thompson tail light mod for CFTBL is awesome. It looks good on your Creech.

Gord

2 weeks later
#1571 6 years ago

Hey guys.

I'm working on a game for a friend and it has been a challenge. We changed out the driver board with a known good one because of no flashers, and as we were doing the test menu we lost the display and flippers. We also have 2 kickouts going off constantly in a game.

What kind of mess am I in?

20171105_182931 (resized).jpg20171105_182931 (resized).jpg

#1572 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

So, is this the same Tail Light mod that is available from Pinball Decals? I purchased mine frim them and it seemed a bit lacking...the light on my moon is blue vs white and the "Starlight" and "Enter" signs are poorly defined...I followed thier speaker screen drilling instructions that eere provided.

#1573 6 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

Hey guys.
I'm working on a game for a friend and it has been a challenge. We changed out the driver board with a known good one because of no flashers, and as we were doing the test menu we lost the display and flippers. We also have 2 kickouts going off constantly in a game.

Check fuse F116.
When I had my 12v circuit overloaded with mods (easy to do on Creature), the hologram lamp would kick on and poof! Off went the display, flippers died, and the optos went out (hence the kickouts firing).
I'd start there

#1574 6 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

So, is this the same Tail Light mod that is available from Pinball Decals? I purchased mine frim them and it seemed a bit lacking...the light on my moon is blue vs white and the "Starlight" and "Enter" signs are poorly defined...I followed thier speaker screen drilling instructions that eere provided.

Not sure what pinballdecals was selling, but the panel kit PeterG was referring to is the real deal. Its from the original creator Jeff Thompson. Fantastic mod.

#1575 6 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Not in any way the same. First the price is way less. Second this is a high quality high tech product. Complete intergated with leds on all the right places, multiple settings, easy install, all parts included, this is how it would be from a factory, there are no loose wires. Only the best with this mod.

#1576 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Not in any way the same. First the price is way less. Second this is a high quality high tech product. Complete intergated with leds on all the right places, multiple settings, easy install, all parts included, this is how it would be from a factory, there are no loose wires. Only the best with this mod.

Better and cheaper! Sweet!

#1577 6 years ago

Got my taillight mod yesterday in the mail and am pleasantly surprised by the level of quality, it's such a professional looking mod. Can't wait to install it before the party I'm having on Saturday!

#1578 6 years ago

Hands down one of the best mods ever,only problem is it makes you want a color dmd

#1579 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Got my taillight mod yesterday in the mail and am pleasantly surprised by the level of quality, it's such a professional looking mod. Can't wait to install it before the party I'm having on Saturday!

Surprised you were surprised, no one has ever had anything but praise for Jeff's mod--perhaps the best mod ever made.

#1580 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hands down one of the best mods ever,only problem is it makes you want a color dmd

yes that is true.
About installing it before a party, you need to take some time to get the sticker of the original plastic, that was most of the work, took me at least 2 hours of peeling to get it off.

#1581 6 years ago

Hey guys.

how did you go, is this still a issue for you?

I had a similar issue when I first got mine 6 years ago right from setup, it took a while to locate but ended up being (for me) a wire came off the rhs vuk coil. What was happening from the previous owner was that when they lifted the playfield the shooter rod catches on the wires and there for when I have lift the playfield onto it's brackets I also have to slightly pull the shooter rod so it doesn't catch on the wires. The broken wire was loosely touching the connection to operate just, but definitely no flashers and a few other minor issues. I put a new coil in and new fuse and been good ever since.

just another place to look and cancel out.

#1582 6 years ago

Hey guys.

look at th switch matrix what kickouts are in line with, start by reflowing all these coils. could be bad conection or even a switch that is constantly triggered in samen line.

#1583 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

yes that is true.
About installing it before a party, you need to take some time to get the sticker of the original plastic, that was most of the work, took me at least 2 hours of peeling to get it off.

Eew. I had purchased a new replacement plastic that came masked off in the back.

#1584 6 years ago

I haven't been back over to the owners house yet. But seeing as we were testing the hologram when the display died make a me wonder if the 12v went out somewhere

It might be the mods he had me add. I put in LED strips and a spotlight that he ordered. The LED strips are a pain and super fragile to work with

#1585 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I had purchased a new replacement plastic that came masked off in the back.

Yeah. The best way to go was to buy a new deluxe speaker panel plastic with the bumpers on the cars done in mirror finish.

#1586 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Yeah. The best way to go was to buy a new deluxe speaker panel plastic with the bumpers on the cars done in mirror finish.

who did you buy it off from?

#1587 6 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

who did you buy it off from?

I got mine from Bay Area Amusements, but it currently shows as out of stock. Ministry of Pinball also used to offer it.
chrome bumpers (resized).pngchrome bumpers (resized).png

#1588 6 years ago

I've been unable to find a replacement, so I'm going to have to go the more arduous route.

#1589 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I've been unable to find a replacement, so I'm going to have to go the more arduous route.

Which is?

#1590 6 years ago

Point #1 from the following post by Jeff Thompson explains what needs to be done when using the original CFTBL speaker panel with his LED CFTBL speaker panel mod.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-advice-on-cftbl-speaker-panel-led-mod-re-run#post-498843

Gord

#1591 6 years ago

I transferred over the speakers, color dmd and removed all the black adhesive backing tonight. I think it took me about an hour to get all the backing off, using a hair dryer helped with the smaller stubborn stuff that didn't come off easily in the first pass. Tomorrow I'll clean it up with Goo-Gone and finish up the installation. Honestly, not that hard, I like the idea of reusing the screened art over tracking down an expensive reproduction (that seems impossible to find at this point too).

#1592 6 years ago

As I did not have any Goo Gone in europe, I used Nafta, worked perfect. Some parts come off easily others are more work, the mask Jeff provides is great and fits perfectly. So no need to get a new plastic for this.

#1593 6 years ago

with the number of CftBL machines produced and jeff re-emerging back to pinside to build more of these, we just need to get CPR and PPS to produce another run of the speaker panel plastics

personally, I think they should just do the deluxe and the enhanced versions since there are still some of the standard ones floating about

#1594 6 years ago

If they do a deluxe version with the mirror, I will be in.

#1595 6 years ago

The speaker panel mod looks fantastic I already have a few mods on my creature but I worry adding to many may overload the game lol can to many mods be a large power draw and stuff the game?

#1596 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

As I did not have any Goo Gone in europe, I used Nafta, worked perfect. Some parts come off easily others are more work, the mask Jeff provides is great and fits perfectly. So no need to get a new plastic for this.

I never knew a trade agreement was so effective removing stick residue!

#1597 6 years ago

TTIP, NAFTA, all the same to my spelling checker

#1598 6 years ago

RANKIN-BASS-CREATURE_FROM_THE_BLACK_LAGOON_POSTER2 copy (resized).jpgRANKIN-BASS-CREATURE_FROM_THE_BLACK_LAGOON_POSTER2 copy (resized).jpg

#1599 6 years ago

That's the worst alternate translite ever for CFTBL.

#1600 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

That's the worst alternate translite ever for CFTBL.

Who said it's an alternate translite?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 40.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 5,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome/page/32?hl=aplundell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.